• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(64/Melee/Brawl) Super Smash Orgy!(SETUPS NEEDED! - May 4th, 2013 - Lancaster, CA,

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
In Preparation for the upcoming debut of Smash 4 at E3, an Antelope Valley smasher holds a tourney of the whole trilogy! Let's get it on!​
Tournament Prices & Basic rules
-Venue Fee: $3​
-$1 off of Venue if you bring a setup(TV, console(Gamecube, Wii, or N64), and game.) Current setups at tourney: 1 Wii, 1 Gamecube, 3 TVs, SSB(VC), 1 copy of SSBM, 1 copy of SSBB. There is a 10 item MAX, so first come first serve for the bonus!​
-As always, BYOC(Bring Your Own Controller). However, if you bring an N64 setup, you MUST provide 2 controllers for use.​
-Modified controllers, or controllers with “Turbo” or similar macro buttons are not allowed​
-If you bring a Wii remote, make sure to remove the batteries when you are not playing, as it can interrupt other matches.​
-Food & Drink are not provided, so make sure to bring something! HOWEVER, determining on how long it goes, the will be a Lunch/dinner break added if necessary.​
Game Prices
Super Smash Bros Singles:$3​
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles:$4​
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles:$5​
All 3 Games:$9($3 to each pot)​
Winner prizes:
1st Place:50% of Pot​
2nd Place(grand):30% of Pot​
2nd Place (winners/losers):10% of Pot​
Times:​
10:00-11:00: setups​
12:00-2:00: Sign-Ups/Friendlies​
2:00: SSB64 Singles​
2:30: Melee Singles​
3:00 Brawl Singles​
Setups list!​
TVs
1.Lordvaati​
2.Lorenzo& Family​
3.StickandFluid/Crak​
4.Kasumi​
5.​
6.​
7.​
8.​
9.​
10.​
Console
1&2.Lordvaati(Gamecube-Melee,Wii-64 and Brawl)​
3.Slither2Hunter(Wii)​
4& 5.StickandFluid/Crak(Wii- Project M, Gamecube-Melee)​
6.???(Gamecube, Melee)​
7.Smiley Face(Gamecube, Malee)​
8.ATL448(N64, S64)​
9.​
10.​
1.Slither2Hunter/Sedusa​
2.Darell Collins​
3.Wisp​
4.StickandFluid/Crak​
5.Kasumi​
6.Smiley Face​
7.Valiant​
8.RockyRodent​
9.ATL448​
10.​
11.​
12.​
13.​
14.​
15.​
16.​
17.​
18.​
19.​
20.​
21.​
22.​
23.​
24.​
RULES: Super Smash Bros.
-5 Stock, items set to None, double elimination​
-2 out of 3 basic sets, 3 out of 5 in Finals​
-Stages will be selected with both players striking the neutral stages.​
-Loser can choose to change their character, winner must keep the character they used last​
-Loser picks next stage for use, and the winner can declare one stage that cannot be used. The same stage cannot be striked twice in a row.​
Neutral Stages​
Hyrule Castle​
Dream Land​
Kongo Jungle​
Counterpick Stage​
Peach's Castle​
RULES: Super Smash Bros. Melee
-8 minutes, 4 Stock, Items set to none, double elimination​
-2 out of 3 basic sets, 3 out of 5 Finals​
-In the case of a Time out, winner is determined by Stock, then %, then Sudden Death.​
-Stages are first selected by Random Select​
-Loser can choose to change their character, winner must keep the character they used last​
-Loser picks next stage for use, and the winner can declare one stage that cannot be used. The same stage cannot be striked twice in a row.​
-Wobbling is Allowed.​
Random Stages​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Yoshi's Story​
Fountain of Dreams​
Dream Land​
Counterpicks​
Pokemon Stadium​
Brinstar​
Rainbow Cruise​
Kongo Jungle(64)​
RULES:Super Smash Bros.Brawl
-8 minutes, 3 Stock, items set to off and none, double elimination​
-2 out of 3 basic sets, 3 out of 5 Finals​
-In the case of a Time out, winner is determined by Stock, then %, then Sudden Death.​
-Stalling is Banned(ex. Chaingrabbing infinitely, Planking, etc.)​
-Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.​
-Stages are first selected by Random Select​
-Loser can choose to change their character, winner must keep the character they used last.​
-If a player chooses their character with Random Select and wins, they must stick with Random Select.​
Random Stages​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)​
Lylat Cruise​
Pokemon Stadium​
Smashville​
Counterpick Stages​
Frigate Orpheon​
Halberd​
Pokemon Stadium 2​
Castle Seige​
Delfino Plaza​
Brinstar​
Norfair​
any details above are subject to change.​

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Minor lil update, I may have Project M 2.5 as a side during the event(depending on the number of Wiis we get by next week), so If you wann bring a setup with that on it, sure...though it will be only a side(and I have no planned stageset yet.)

more to come soon!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Minor stage upadte for Brawl: Siege is CP, Cruise is banned.

also 1st confirmed setup(yay!)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
updates, yo: if you have trouble finding the address, contact at (661)544-7910.

SUPER EDIT: After talking with Sedusa for a while, I have decided to postpone this to next week while he helps spread the word about my lil' old thing. see ya then!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
well I have to check to see If I have an active bank account still, and if so I might register for Paypal or something for that. ifI dothat though,which would you sign up for?

On a side note, on AiB I got my inevitable post from someone who thought this was a sex party. I feel like I accomplished something today.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Advertise this on facebook, make flyers and post them around the mall, nearby schools, etc.​
Hey Sedusa, how goes it?

I'm actually gonna try and get the layout for some flyers today at the school, and as for the Facebook I don't have any cash for advertising daily but I can just do the simple version and post a link, haha.

https://www.facebook.com/events/157100271119384/

now as for the Paypal, I'm gonna try an old debit card and see how it turns out, Ajan. I'll let you know what happens later.

SmashSmiley

Smash Transcendentalist
If it's too much trouble, I'll just pay in person. I'm going regardless, so yeah.
Also, I'll bring a GameCube, a copy of Melee, and some component cables.

ATL448

Smash Rookie
Umm... I'll bring the N64 and SSB along with 4 controllers... Is, is it alright if I pay in person? I don't have any way of using Paypal...

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I.....never got my PP made yet :/

so yeah, in person it is! today is the day everyone, I just need to talk to the owner of the venue to make sure no crap happened that would force a move today, but AFAIK we is good to go.

If you need anymore info or help with locations, you can contact me at (661) 350-5662.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
damn venue owner wants to shut it down due to something coming up.....I'm gonna try and see if I can strke a deal or something, otherwise I need to think of another location in Lancaster we could host at. If you want updates, call the phone number above!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Why'd you wait till the day of the tournament to talk to the owner?
That's the thing: I didn't.

not only did she approve of this weeks prior, but she also even arranged the movement delay. this suddenly came out of nowhere today. I dunno if a family member died or something, but she's really trying to shut it down now since she's not there. I'm currently arrranging trying to setup an emergency venue though, because I don't wanna screw anyone over.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
2 have already arrived :(

I'm discussing the details about my ideas for a backup venue. I'm planning on having everyone meet up at the nearby playground for details.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
good news everyone: we found some spare outlets in my back of my and my neighbor's apartments unused, so we might have a spot to set up(it's gonna be outside, but better outside then cancelled.) It'll be in the same location(Village Poiunt) right next to the opening gate.

and now, some fitting music:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Well, now that the fire has settled and all is done, I'mglad I got as much done as I could. here are the results for you all to enjoy!

Smash 64
1.ATL448(Mario,Pikachu)-$4.00
2.RockyRodent(Fox, Link, Captain Falcon)-$2.00

Melee
1.ATL448(Jigglypuff,Mario)-$7.00
2.StickandFluid/Crak(Link,Marth)-$4.00
3.Smiley Face(Roy)-$2.00
4.RockyRodent(Marth)-$1.00

Brawl
1.Slither2Hunter/Sedusa(Snake, Ganondorf, Yoshi)-$13.00
2(Grand).Valiant(Ness,Lucas)-$8.00
2.(Losers) Corey(Luigi)-$5.00
3.ATL448(Marth, Pokemon Trainer)
4.Brenda(Pikachu)
4.RockyRodent(Marth,Sonic)
5.Marshall(Marth)*
5.Lordvaati(Wario)*

* added to even out the brackets, they intentionally are knocked out win or lose.

GGs everybody!

Top Bottom