• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'd be down, was planning to just play at Mayhem on Saturday but that's been cancelled, so I need some smash this weekend. :p Would that be alright? If so, just let me know what time. I should be free most of the day.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
so for now, I think I have TLR, ian, and festizzio.

Start at 6pm in Pasadena, I'll send the address out tomorrow if anyone still needs it.

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down, was planning to just play at Mayhem on Saturday but that's been cancelled, so I need some smash this weekend. :p Would that be alright? If so, just let me know what time. I should be free most of the day.
Hey, you said you live in Monterey Park, right? I live there too (really close to Atlantic Times Square).

Are you down to play at a local place this Saturday? I can't play at my house because of family and stuff. Just name a place within driving distance and we can play some games.

I think you also teamed with my cousin before (a Marth player - Kdash), right? Let me know if you're down.

Last edited:

iankobe

Smash Lord
Hey, you said you live in Monterey Park, right? I live there too (really close to Atlantic Times Square).

Are you down to play at a local place this Saturday? I can't play at my house because of family and stuff. Just name a place within driving distance and we can play some games.

I think you also teamed with my cousin before (a Marth player - Kdash), right? Let me know if you're down.
We're playing this Sunday. Can you come?

festizzio

Smash Champion

You're Kenny's cousin? What the...it really is a small world I suppose. We're playing on Sunday night in Pasadena if you can make it, I actually live really close to the Atlantic Times Square as well and would be hecka down to find a local place. I'm not sure if MTG Deals would let us do that on a non-tourney day, but I can try asking next Mayhem.

Sleepy

Smash Ace

if you'd like to come on sunday you're more than welcome to

BTW to those coming on sunday, I have 1 gamcube and 1 wii, I have one large CRT a small one and a lcd with avermedia lgp (likely lagless setup). BUT ONLY 1 copy of melee, so we'll need another gamecube/wii and copies of melee in case we have more than 4 people.

For sure we will need one more copy of melee.

Feel free to invite a few buddies if they're available.
Also we can stream!

Last edited:

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
You're Kenny's cousin? What the...it really is a small world I suppose. We're playing on Sunday night in Pasadena if you can make it, I actually live really close to the Atlantic Times Square as well and would be hecka down to find a local place. I'm not sure if MTG Deals would let us do that on a non-tourney day, but I can try asking next Mayhem.
Cool. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm making you do everything, but I'm pretty new to the tourney/competitve Melee scene and I'm not good with setting things up. Can you find a place on Saturday (or Friday) or anything like that? The thing is, I put aside some stuff (school, appointments,etc.) so that I'd be able to go to Mayhem this Saturday, but then it turned out to be canceled and I can't go back on my schedule changes. If we could find a place, then it'd be like a pseudo-Mayhem I guess lol.

Update:

Kenny said we could play at Desu Nation in Temple City on Saturday. There's going to be a tournament for some other game at 2:00 pm, but I think we can still play after 2? If not, we can still play during the morning/noon. Does that sound good?

We're playing this Sunday. Can you come?
if you'd like to come on sunday you're more than welcome to
Ahhh, I cleared my schedule for Saturday and I can't change it. :c Anyone doing anything on Saturday (or Friday), since Mayhem got canceled?

Last edited:

iankobe

Smash Lord
Sleepy: I lost my copy of Melee :( Can Liferuiner or somebody else bring one?

L33thal: Welcome to the smash scene! Most of us are pretty inactive really (or maybe just me) but we're cool people. Let me know where you guys are playing at if you do find a place and I'll come afterwork (after 9pm!)

Hi Festizzio!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Sup iankobe, nice sig :D I'm going to show up on Sunday around 7:30 with a Cube and Melee. :)

L33thal: I'm not sure if I can make it Saturday to Desu, I'm trying to figure out if they have a CRT so all I need to bring is a cube. I'll let you know

festizzio

Smash Champion
Plan 9 signatures are too good, I saw yours and it reminded me that I saved this one a while ago lol. Sorry I couldn't make it to Desu L33thal :/ Had something to do earlier in the day and by the time I could head over, Kenny had told me you already left.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Perhaps, I get out of work at 5 in Baldwin Park so it won't be too much of a drive. I'll let you know for sure later tonight.

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to smash this week, im back home and i need to get some practice before mlg. I live near Garvey and Del Mar ( Rosemead)
Hey dude. I played you in bracket three months ago at Mayhem. I'm down to play.

I live like 5 minutes away from you lol. I'm near Nicholson.

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone go to the recent Mayhem? It was so hype, over 300 people!

Does anyone want to smash to get some practice in before the next Mayhem? I live in Monterey Park (near Alhambra) and I'm willing to drive 15-20 minutes away to play anybody.

gyle_karcia

Smash Rookie
Did anyone go to the recent Mayhem? It was so hype, over 300 people!

Does anyone want to smash to get some practice in before the next Mayhem? I live in Monterey Park (near Alhambra) and I'm willing to drive 15-20 minutes away to play anybody.
Hey dude, I saw your post on FB. Just wanted to let you (and anyone else in the SGV) that I'm down to play. I've been to two tournaments and had so much fun, I want to get better! I live in Alhambra but I can't host. Let me know if you're ever trying to play local casuals again

ChrisD

Smash Rookie
So... Can we please get a PM/Melee Tournament going? Lots of good venues in the area.

Wonder_Chef

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5129-1632-4146
Figured I'd bump this instead of making my own thread. Sure doesn't look like this thread has been active for a while, haha. Hopefully people still play in the area though...

Anyway, I'm pretty new to Smash (only a few months now) but a pretty experienced fighting game player. I've mostly played Smash 4 and a bit of Project M, but I'm down to play and learn any Smash game. It's pretty hard for me to get a grip on real competitive Smash with just online play for 4, and I want to play the game(s) seriously, so I'm looking for anyone to play casuals with so I can get up to speed.

I'm located in South Pasadena, right in between Pasadena and Alhambra. No car at the moment, so I'm looking to play some people pretty local, or easy to reach through the Gold Line or some relatively easy bus line.

Here's to hoping there are people around!

A-train

Smash Rookie
NNID
southerncan
Figured I'd bump this instead of making my own thread. Sure doesn't look like this thread has been active for a while, haha. Hopefully people still play in the area though...

Anyway, I'm pretty new to Smash (only a few months now) but a pretty experienced fighting game player. I've mostly played Smash 4 and a bit of Project M, but I'm down to play and learn any Smash game. It's pretty hard for me to get a grip on real competitive Smash with just online play for 4, and I want to play the game(s) seriously, so I'm looking for anyone to play casuals with so I can get up to speed.

I'm located in South Pasadena, right in between Pasadena and Alhambra. No car at the moment, so I'm looking to play some people pretty local, or easy to reach through the Gold Line or some relatively easy bus line.

Here's to hoping there are people around!
Yo, i got little group of homies that play usually every week. I'll hit you up when some of us are playing.

Top Bottom