• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

idea

Smash Master
that was just a smashfest, no one wins money at those. also less strain on the venue owners since it's not open as long and they don't have to support as many people with as many tvs and cubes and so on

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I'm not going to get there until 130 but please register me for PM if you can, Ryan :) I'm bringing a setup as well.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post. I'm on my phone and couldnt find my first one for some reason aha.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
last time there was only 17 people who came for melee and 12 of them signed up for PM. PM always has a smaller number of people than melee but it still usually has a decent number of entrants

Whatislove

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, new to the tournament scene. I'm considering coming, and I'm just curious what this tournament is like. Is it super competitive or is it a more relaxed environment?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It's relaxed, just don't expect people to let you win lol. But all newcomers welcome, if people are playing just ask to join in.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
You should definitely come out! You'd be surprised how much you improve in just a couple sets. Try to spend the whole day playing friendlies as well, too :)

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Yo, what is the situation on P:M. Are we automatically upgraded to 2.6? It's kind of a big deal because I have decided to main MK.
*edit* Also, what is the situation on setups? I have a Wii capable of running all three games without Wii remote shenanigans. Bringing a T.V. would be an issue though, since I take a GO bus.

Windrose

Smash Lord
wait...i swear we already had a monthly in july.............

didn't know there was one on the 27th....alas.

unknown522

Some guy
Alright, time to address problems:

1. So as I said before, someone was smoking weed in the washroom AGAIN! Our tourneys may get canceled if this happens again. This is the second monthly in a row where this has happened. Also, since the owners checked the camera each time, we are pretty sure that we know who it is. If you want to smoke or whatever, do it outside. Also refer to the opening page of the 6-4 Matchup Monthly thread about the rules in the venue. A&C World is a family-oriented place where sometimes even children are at the venue, or even entered in the tourneys, so it's not a good look.

2. Following this issue, someone also was drinking beer in the venue and left the can on one of the tables. This is not a good look and I also got addressed with this and have to announce it. I also am pretty sure I know who this was too, but please at least hide the can or something. Again, refer to the opening page of the 6-4 Matchup Monthly thread about the rules in the venue. A&C World is a family-oriented place where sometimes even children are at the venue, or even entered in the tourneys, so it's not a good look. (Yeah I copy-pasted that)

3. Coming late, putting off matches, leaving without my notice, leaving when I tell you not to leave because an event/your match is about to be called. The tourney ran almost 2 hours over the allotted time, because of some factors including this. A lot of it running over was just the stream issue, and also people in all 3 events making it far (which is good, and I accept that), the tie breaker (also acceptable), but all these other factors did not allow us to catch up. We were catching up, but then those things happened on excess today. Telling me things like "don't DQ me" without giving me anytime to respond isn't going to get you not DQ'd.

Other things that I addressed a few months ago like abusing the fact that I know some of you personally, to warrant coming later than expected/sleeping in/disobeying rules/leaving for food/smoke, or whatever without letting me know in the middle of an event, etc.

So anyways, Let it be known that I'm gonna have to be even more strict about stuff now, because of recurring issues. I'm also gonna post this everywhere because I don't want anyone to miss this.

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
1. So as I said before, someone was smoking weed in the washroom AGAIN!
Yall realize the door is, like, less than 25 steps from the main floor, right? You are in downtown Toronto, I don't think the cops are gonna care. I don't see how it's been the SECOND time somebody has been ********.
3. Coming late, putting off matches, leaving without my notice, leaving when I tell you not to leave because an event/your match is about to be called.
What exactly would you have to leave for? Like, the place is a two minute walk from everything you would need.

Top Bottom