• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/28/08 Holland, MI : The Lost Tournament

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
I made mention of this in the All Michigan Thread, but we will be having a tournament at The Lost City in Holland on Saturday, June 28th.

Full information is available at http://www.the-lostcity.com/brawl.htm

Prizes:

1st Place -- 40% payout + a free Super Deal (laser tag and stuff)
2nd Place -- 20% payout
3rd Place -- Free Basic Deal (laser tag and stuff)

As is with pretty much all tournaments, it is BYOC. Alcohol is not permitted, but you can bring video cameras to record some matches.

There are 23 people already signed up for the 1v1 tournament and 12 teams for the 2v2 tournament.

Registration will take place up until 20 minutes before the scheduled start of the tournament. I will not accept any late registrations after that since I need time to setup and post the brackets. We will be doing friendly matches starting at 5:00.

I have 4 Wii's already coming but only 3 TV's. If anyone that's coming can bring an extra TV, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please reply in this thread and let me know.

This thread is dedicated for any questions or comments regarding the tournament along with any pre-tournament smack talk :bee:

If you have a pressing question, I can be e-mailed at jared (at) the-lostcity (dot) com

Also, we will probably be doing monthly tournaments at The Lost City with Melee and Brawl. I will post more information about these tournaments soon.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
NVM: Thought you posted it at the wrong forum and it should have been "The Netherlands". xD

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
As of right now, I have 2, maybe 3 Wii's and TV's coming. We have 3 private rooms where we can hold the tournament in relative peace. I'm trying to make sure that my coworkers don't book parties during the tournament. If anyone is willing to bring either a Wii or TV, please let me know.

I'm not sure if it's implied, but the tournament is BYOC.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
It seems like I'm the only one posting in this thread :embarrass

We now have figured out the prizes for each division:

1st - 40% payout + Free Super Deal
2nd - 20% payout
3rd - Free Basic Deal

We will also be doing discounted Laser Tag during the tournament to help pass the time between matches. :)

Also, if this tournament goes over well we will probably be doing monthly tournaments so there can at least be some organized tournaments in the West Michigan Lakeshore area on a regular basis.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
i got my wii but i dont think i have all the levels yet but i have all the characters. but i am sure i have all the nutral stages. p.s. ignore the location on my pofile i'm in MI for the summer.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I will definitely be there, as you very well know, Jared. I also will plan on bringing some other people from our crew and other people in the area...I am sure we can bring your Wii and controllers as well.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
I will definitely be there, as you very well know, Jared. I also will plan on bringing some other people from our crew and other people in the area...I am sure we can bring your Wii and controllers as well.
I'd ask you to bring Winston's Wii, but we know about that unfortunate man...

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
hey, do they sell food there? sorry to have to ask but i get the munchies when i play.
Why yes we do. We have tons of drinks and snacks for anyone that gets hungry or thirsty.

I should also mention that alcohol is not allowed since it is a family environment and we are not licensed to allow alcohol.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah, I can't wait to play in my first tournament for brawl. I'm pretty sure that without having been in a tournament yet, me and Winston's Metaknight/Lucario will still be a tough team to beat.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
As of right now, we have 17 people preregistered for the 1v1 tournament and like 7 teams signed up for the 2v2. Hopefully we will have a big turnout so we can start doing monthly tournaments.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
What's the "Free Super Deal" and the "Free Basic Deal?"
They're combo deals for stuff at Lost City.

The Super Deal has a 2 games of Laser Tag, a round of mini-golf, and 8 video game tokens. The Basic Deal has 1 game of Laser Tag, a round of mini-golf, and a medium pop.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
lookin forward to going if i can get out of working on saturday. idk yet................
btw...what are the tourney specific rules? stages? stocks? etc...

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
lookin forward to going if i can get out of working on saturday. idk yet................
btw...what are the tourney specific rules? stages? stocks? etc...
also jared, if i can go i can bring a wii or 2 and a tv. also a question to mike: is winston really going?
All the rules are on the website.

If you can bring a Wii and a TV that would be good.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
just found out that i have to work which means im not going. and if im not going avery probably isnt going either. good luck though guys.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
As of right now, we have 19 people signed up for the 1v1 tournament and 8 teams for the 2v2 plus more people I know of that haven't called yet so we have a good turnout so far.

I only have 3 Wii's and 3 TV's. If anyone that's coming can bring another Wii and TV please let me know.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
Registration starts at 5:00 for the 1v1 tournament so you guys are free to play some friendly warm-up matches while Mike and I get the brackets and stuff set up.

Registration will end at 5:40 sharp so we can have time to set up the brackets.

I was planning on bringing 1 TV but I can bring 2 if I need to... I'd just prefer not to have to bring my LCD.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I can bring a TV, and mark is bringing a Wii so there is one more set-up. And yeah, I will definitely be there early to play some friendlies. I also am choosing to bring my A game with Metaknight so it should be a great night.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
Well now I have 4 Wiis and only 3 TVs coming. Is there anyone else that can bring a TV that way we can have 4 sets running at once?

Also, we have 23 people for the 1v1 and 12 teams for the 2v2 already signed up :)
I get the feeling that we will have a really good turnout and we will probably be doing monthly tournaments including both Melee and Brawl.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
if you have a good tournout and more events i will definately go to them. i just couldnt get out of work on such short notice. i havent played mike in a while. we should get together before soul calibur 4 comes out and i become the best at that like i am at number 3. i actually just won another soul calibur tournament this past weekend, but i still wanna play smash with you guys again. avery still hates the game and so does xavier.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
Well I'm expecting a large turnout, this is already set to be the best non-lasertag tournament turnout at Lost City :)

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Winston won the singles tournament with his Lucario most of the way and a little Olimar here and there. I took second playing mostly Metaknight and some R.O.B. Flandy got 3rd using mostly Pikachu and some zelda and game and watch.

In teams, me and winston won, with Quatch/Jed getting second with their mostly snake/olimar team and Mark/Fland got 3rd in teams.

Overall it was a pretty good turnout and hopefully we can do it again next month sometime.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
We had 23 people for the 1v1 and 13 teams for the 2v2 tournament. I am planning another tournament in early August, probably 1v1 Brawl & Melee.

I forgot to ask it at the tournament, but what day of the week would work best for everyone. Are Saturday's ok?

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Saturday's probably work the best for most people. And yeah, if more people want to bring set-ups we can definitely have melee too, but we only had 4 set-ups and they all needed to be used for brawl so the tournament would go quicker. But yeah, I want some more competition for me and winston next time...

Kail

Smash Lord
Most the people on this side of the state don't play brawl. So if you want higher end brawl you'll have to go to Ann Arbor.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
i will put the hurt on you again mike if you guys have tournaments on sundays so im not working everytime. unless im busy winning more soul calibur tournaments. or is that why you want to smash on saturdays......hmmmmmm......conspiracy????
just kidding

Top Bottom