• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
C'mon... I want more money matches.

Anyone want to $5 or $10 Iron man MM me?

3 characters, 3 stock per character. Play it like a crew battle. If I'm playing Sonic Mario and Luigi and my Luigi kills your Metaknight with 2 stock left, I start as Luigi with 2 stock and you pick the character and stage and have 3 stock on your new guy. That kind of thing.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Can we change our ROB vs Lucario match to one of those? If so, I'm all for it.

I'd love to MM you more matches, but I am saving my MM money for other people as well. XD Depending on how my financial situation is looking, I might decide to MM you some more at the tournament.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
No Luigi's Mansion? I see no reason why that shouldn't be a counter pick stage. Sure it is big and stalling can happen, but what stage can't you stall at? If you are hurting for a KO, you can just break the mansion down and KO someone easily in that amount of time it takes for it to re-spawn. If it spawns faster than you can kill them, then just break it down again. You can also do the whole "break it down except for one or two section thing" to keep it from re-spawning longer.

I also don't see the "running away and projectile spamming thing" happening, because the pillars block all projectile aside from ROB's laser. (To my knowledge anyway) You could probably just chase them down if they tried it, it's not like speed is a huge factor in Brawl. I have yet to see a projectile spam running away match at Luigi's Mansion. I would see no other reason for banning it other than that.

Norfair is another one I could see being a counter pick. The lava walls are all easy to see coming as well as the rising lava. The giant lava wave is also very predictable. You can shield it or use ledge invincibility to avoid it anyway, so crazy, long, damage taking battles for the little safety tube are unnecessary. The only real stage hazard is the lava shots that come from the background every once in a while. That hazard seems no different than the ones that happen at Halberd and that stage is legal. It's not like you can't see any of the hazards coming.
I second all of this. I will also add that Norfair makes a great stage for the otherwise easily gimped tether recoveries. Alllowing it as a counterpick does a bit to make them a more viable.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MMs so far:
$1 Blind MM with Joshu (my stage pick this time!)
$10 ROB vs. Snake 2/3 with WGW
$5 ROB vs. Snake 2/3 with RDK
$5 3 character ironman with Bloodhawk
$1 Falcon ditto on Shadow Moses, 1 stock, Falcon Punch only with Bloodhawk
$1 ? vs. ? 2/3 with Blueblade

JOIN UP PEOPLE

and clarify if you want something in particular!

Bloodhawk, we have to decide what characters we are using in advance! I gotta think 'bout it...

BTW, keep Yoshi's Island (melee) on CP; it hasn't had much tournament experience, and I'd like to see it. People complain a lot, but I don't think it's that bad... I'd like to be proven wrong if it really is that bad.

RDK

Smash Hero
I believe you already have set the MM sir. We can ADD the otehr one :D
If we change it from my Snake vs. your ROB to my Kirby vs. your whatever, I'll step up the money match to $10.

That, or we can just change it to double blind, and on top of that I'll play you in a $5 Iron Man as well.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If we change it from my Snake vs. your ROB to my Kirby vs. your whatever, I'll step up the money match to $10.

That, or we can just change it to double blind, and on top of that I'll play you in a $5 Iron Man as well.
$10 it is! :D

$5 iron man as well?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Holy **** I just dropped 3000 dollars into my car. I'm balls poor now >_<
Transmission completely shot. It's been a long week and its only Wednesday lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Holy **** I just dropped 3000 dollars into my car. I'm balls poor now >_<
Transmission completely shot. It's been a long week and its only Wednesday lol
I'll understand if you want to cancel the money match, unless you're thinking it's easy money =P

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
OK, my friend is getting back from nat'l guard on Saturday and my friends want to throw him a party on Saturday. I was wondering a ball park range for when the singles will be over on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it goes doubles first then singles. I want to get there for doubles and can probably bring a large car load of people. I probably will not however be staying the night. I'm really hoping I can convince my friends to go because they are all decent players that would have TONS of fun. Plus they need more tournament experience.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
$1 Blind MM with Joshu (my stage pick this time!)
$10 ROB vs. Snake 2/3 with WGW
$10 ROB vs. Kirby 2/3 with RDK
$5 3 character ironman with Bloodhawk
$1 Falcon ditto on Shadow Moses, 1 stock, Falcon Punch only with Bloodhawk
$1 ? vs. ? 2/3 with Blueblade
$1 Random vs. Random with RDK

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm at...
$10 ROB (Overswarm) vs Snake (me) 2/3
$1 Random(Overswarm) vs Random(me) 2/3
$1 Random(BlueBlade) vs Random(me) 2/3
$1 Lucario(BlueBlade) vs Snake(me) 2/3

and still accepting more.

After the tournament, or the night before, anyone want to mm my melee Bowser ? ^_^

kirkq

Smash Ace
I'll MM you solely on the grounds that you're coming to Marion first.

Best of 3, Bowser vs Yoshi $5?

Make it the dinosaur battle...preferably on Mario-based CP stages?
Yo, how did you decide that you would choose your opponent's character in a money match?

I am able to play about 3 characters - none of which happen to be bowser or yoshi , but consequentially i will also not be listing them for you =)

Xlaurousislx - $5 - (any) vs (any)
WGWolverine - $5 - (any) vs (any)
Overswarm - $5 - rematch same characters.

2/3s please

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm at...
$10 ROB (Overswarm) vs Snake (me) 2/3
$1 Random(Overswarm) vs Random(me) 2/3
$1 Random(BlueBlade) vs Random(me) 2/3
$1 Lucario(BlueBlade) vs Snake(me) 2/3

and still accepting more.

After the tournament, or the night before, anyone want to mm my melee Bowser ? ^_^
Hmm... I haven't palyed Melee in forever but I'm tempted to MM your bowser. How much? :p

RDK

Smash Hero
Sure thing, might as well take lag out of the equation, eh?
Perfect. I'll need my pride back after those Gamebattles matches. >_>

$10 Overswarm (ROB) vs. RDK (Kirby)
$5 Wolfy + Aaryk vs. RDK + Hafway
$1 Kish (Bowswer) vs. RDK (Kirby)

Come on, Wolfy. You know you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom