• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Deal. This will be awesomeness.

I'd be happy to get an actual set with you too, if you don't mind.

$5, best 2/3, this tournament rules. Lucario Vs ROB.
We do the stage strike for deciding the neutral before stage bans, then deal!

I'll MM you with my MK or Snake too, if you want.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MMs so far:
$1 Blind MM with Joshu (my stage pick this time!)
$10 ROB vs. Snake 2/3 with WGW
$5 ROB vs. Snake 2/3 with RDK
$5 ROB vs. Lucario 2/3 with Bloodhawk
$1 Falcon ditto on Shadow Moses, 1 stock, Falcon Punch only with Bloodhawk
$1 ? vs. ? 2/3 with Blueblade

JOIN UP PEOPLE

and clarify if you want something in particular!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I guess I could do an MM, but no more than $1. It would give me something to do after I drop early, which is entirely possible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm totally cool with stage strike.

Definitely not MMing your MK, I get enough Nados as it is. I wouldn't mind versing the Snake though. I'll think about it.
Haha... maybe I'll pull out MK in tourney this time; he's too easy.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
BTW, I'll be bringing a full set-up. Not sure if you were keeping tally or not.

Lastly, some stage discussion.

No Luigi's Mansion? I see no reason why that shouldn't be a counter pick stage. Sure it is big and stalling can happen, but what stage can't you stall at? If you are hurting for a KO, you can just break the mansion down and KO someone easily in that amount of time it takes for it to re-spawn. If it spawns faster than you can kill them, then just break it down again. You can also do the whole "break it down except for one or two section thing" to keep it from re-spawning longer.

I also don't see the "running away and projectile spamming thing" happening, because the pillars block all projectile aside from ROB's laser. (To my knowledge anyway) You could probably just chase them down if they tried it, it's not like speed is a huge factor in Brawl. I have yet to see a projectile spam running away match at Luigi's Mansion. I would see no other reason for banning it other than that.

Norfair is another one I could see being a counter pick. The lava walls are all easy to see coming as well as the rising lava. The giant lava wave is also very predictable. You can shield it or use ledge invincibility to avoid it anyway, so crazy, long, damage taking battles for the little safety tube are unnecessary. The only real stage hazard is the lava shots that come from the background every once in a while. That hazard seems no different than the ones that happen at Halberd and that stage is legal. It's not like you can't see any of the hazards coming.

Island Melee might also cause some problems with the walk-off, but that doesn't bother me too much. You could always opt to not go over to the right side of the stage when versing a Falco or DeDeDe, but meh.

That's about all I disagree about on stage selection. Aside from those two and the possible walk-off problem at Yoshi Island (Melee), I am quite happy with the list.

Tink

Smash Hero
ill take some MMs but you people have to come up and ask for them =)...also, im totally owning some people at this tournament. prolly only the noobs though <_<.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
OS is getting too popular with the MM's, so...

I'll challenge Kel best of 3 for Singles entry fee (If I can't make it HERE, then it can be in Marion instead)

I should be able to gather up an extra 10 bucks by then ^.^

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm not really a fan of the stage list, but I'm going to this anyway.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm cool with any MMS. But if you're not Tink then you should bring the MMS to me. Typically when I ask for MMS people just look at me like "Yeah right! I'm not giving you my money!"

Tink, we can do as many MMs as you want with however many characters.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
I'm cool with any MMS. But if you're not Tink then you should bring the MMS to me. Typically when I ask for MMS people just look at me like "Yeah right! I'm not giving you my money!"

Tink, we can do as many MMs as you want with however many characters.
Let's just say, I'm feeling generous

P.S. Never play Easy Enough? or Dirty Tramps

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS is getting too popular with the MM's, so...

I'll challenge Kel best of 3 for Singles entry fee (If I can't make it HERE, then it can be in Marion instead)

I should be able to gather up an extra 10 bucks by then ^.^
No MM for mE? :(

RDK

Smash Hero
Hey Overswarm, let's change our match to Kirby vs. your ROB, since I just realized my Snake is terrible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey Overswarm, let's change our match to Kirby vs. your ROB, since I just realized my Snake is terrible.
I believe you already have set the MM sir. We can ADD the otehr one :D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not really a fan of the stage list, but I'm going to this anyway.
I've said that the stage list is totally open to editing as long as people provide a solid reasoning behind their assertions. If you don't like it, suggest some changes ^_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
rofl, OS acting like MMs HAVE to be done =).
They do. It's a contract! If you forego MMs you have agreed to, you are forever thrown into the spiraling pit of nubdom. It's a curse.

Speaking of which, stop dodging MMs >:\

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I've said that the stage list is totally open to editing as long as people provide a solid reasoning behind their assertions. If you don't like it, suggest some changes ^_^
No Luigi's Mansion? I see no reason why that shouldn't be a counter pick stage. Sure it is big and stalling can happen, but what stage can't you stall at? If you are hurting for a KO, you can just break the mansion down and KO someone easily in that amount of time it takes for it to re-spawn. If it spawns faster than you can kill them, then just break it down again. You can also do the whole "break it down except for one or two section thing" to keep it from re-spawning longer.

I also don't see the "running away and projectile spamming thing" happening, because the pillars block all projectile aside from ROB's laser. (To my knowledge anyway) You could probably just chase them down if they tried it, it's not like speed is a huge factor in Brawl. I have yet to see a projectile spam running away match at Luigi's Mansion. I would see no other reason for banning it other than that.

Norfair is another one I could see being a counter pick. The lava walls are all easy to see coming as well as the rising lava. The giant lava wave is also very predictable. You can shield it or use ledge invincibility to avoid it anyway, so crazy, long, damage taking battles for the little safety tube are unnecessary. The only real stage hazard is the lava shots that come from the background every once in a while. That hazard seems no different than the ones that happen at Halberd and that stage is legal. It's not like you can't see any of the hazards coming.

Island Melee might also cause some problems with the walk-off, but that doesn't bother me too much. You could always opt to not go over to the right side of the stage when versing a Falco or DeDeDe, but meh.

That's about all I disagree about on stage selection. Aside from those two and the possible walk-off problem at Yoshi Island (Melee), I am quite happy with the list.
Yeah........

Sliq

Smash Master
NOOOOOOO!

The stage list was awesome as it is. WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

QUIVO

Smash Master
It started off as a haiku.. until the second line. He was one syllable short.t Should've switched there's with there is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom