• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th BEST

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Brawl teams: (8)

1: Fatal + Vibe
2: Cura + Eevee
3: Calm + CAC
4: Beta + Dai Luna
5: Bax + Deli
5: CJT + Alt
7: Billy + Joe
7: Adam + Lone

Bracket
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5561/brawlteams.gif

Brawl singles: (21)

1: Fatal (80.85) :snake:
2: Cura (44.10) :metaknight: :marth:
3: Vibe (14.70) :marth:
4: Tyrant (7.35) :wolf: :snake: :dedede:
5: CJT :rob:
5: CAC :falco: :dk:
7: Calm :olimar: :wario:
7: Eevee :peach: :metaknight:
9: Dai Luna :marth: :snake: :toonlink:
9: Varun :toonlink:
9: Iceyman :pit:
9: Deli :lucas:
13: Starlight :pit:
13: Nick
13: DE :yoshi: :ness:
13: Tacoreaper :zelda:
17: Lone :pikachu:
17: Bax :zerosuitsamus:
17: Alt :pikachu:
17: Justin :ganondorf:
17: Adam :pt:

Bracket
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8031/brawlsinglesd.gif

Melee singles: (12)

1: Cura
2: Beta
3: Zaandaa
4: Britt
5: Pipe
5: Erk
7: dai luna
7: Slap
9: Mr. Massacre
9: Mr. P
9: Jay
9: Ben

Bracket
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8093/melee.gif

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol @ MA/CT randomly coming to this. Nice job, Fatal.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Note: First tourney I took a game off Cura.

Thanks Fatal, for carrying me. You should definitely come out again!

More people need to come, next time. Somehow. There's no venue fee FFS, so out of state players should be able to make their money back from gas with no venue.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
good **** to fatal and starlight for showing up! too bad i had to miss it.
good **** vibe on teams and singles. its a good thing fatal came to carry yo scrub *** :p
calm,nice team results, suck that cura bailed on you tho.
and good **** cura in brawl and taking first melee.

kinda pissed i missed this. definitely better tournout than i thought, even missing like 5 more people who usually show up.

altairian

Smash Lord
Fun tourney, great venue, pikachu sucks, nice seeing everyone again, really fun teaming with CJT, pikachu really sucks, sorry Beta for backing out on you everything got confused with not knowing if Fatal was coming or not, gg's to everyone I played, Cura and Eevee if I don't see you guys again I'll miss you guys and gl in the future, and seriously, pikachu is bad.

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Note: First tourney I took a game off Cura.

Thanks Fatal, for carrying me. You should definitely come out again!

More people need to come, next time. Somehow. There's no venue fee FFS, so out of state players should be able to make their money back from gas with no venue.
What eles is new vibe ;)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Glad I decided to bus out to this. I was able to place in the money, and not get destroyed by Fatal :D

May post shoutouts later. I'll like thank Zandaa here though for housing me overnight. Hopefully No Skillz comes to the next event so I won't have to bus two and a half hours back.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I seconded Wario again, so add that.
Shoutouts later, but I greatly appreciate everyone that stayed to help clean up afterwards: Vibe, Zaandaa, CAC, Tyrant, and Tacoreaper.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
shoutouts:

Fatal/Starlight for coming

Tyrant for making 4th

Cura/Eevee for possible last tourney

Everyone else cause' you're all pretty cool guys

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
lol @ MA/CT randomly coming to this. Nice job, Fatal.
Hopefully it won't be so random in the future. The distance most of you have to travel to an Albany/Troy tournament isn't significantly different from what many New England players would. There's no reason for our regions to be so disjoint.

altairian

Smash Lord
Lets talk more about how bad pikachu is, and the reasons I should never play him in tournament again, then.

I'll start: his approach options against someone standing in one spot just waiting for him to attack are...don't get hit. I'm pretty sure the worst strategy against pikachu is actually attacking him, if you just sit there and wait he probably has no actual attack options against you other than spam thunderjolt.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Lets talk more about how bad pikachu is, and the reasons I should never play him in tournament again, then.

I'll start: his approach options against someone standing in one spot just waiting for him to attack are...don't get hit. I'm pretty sure the worst strategy against pikachu is actually attacking him, if you just sit there and wait he probably has no actual attack options against you other than spam thunderjolt.
You can use QAC! :D

MetalPat

Smash Ace

you can use pocket MK!!!!
...oh wait.

altairian

Smash Lord
Mobility isn't working for me, want disjointed hitboxes, decent aerials, real grab range, and possibly a worthwhile jab, please. Oh, and a legitimate kill move.

altairian

Smash Lord
Pikachu's fsmash is on a delay making it relatively easy to shield, the sweet spot is right next to pikachu's body, and it still requires like 130% and being on the side of the stage to kill light characters if they DI it appropriately. When I say "legitimate" kill move, I mean like, snake utilt, D3 utilt, everything marth does, half the cast's downsmashes, etc. Something that actually forces someone to play differently next to you due to the imminent threat of death.

Pikachu's ftilt and dtilt are disjointed as well, in case anyone feels the need to bring those up :p They're about the only moves pikachu has that I feel are actually good, but their application is still fairly limited.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mobility isn't working for me, want disjointed hitboxes, decent aerials, real grab range, and possibly a worthwhile jab, please. Oh, and a legitimate kill move.
sounds like you main marth now.
I enjoyed this. Much better quality tournament than here in New England, thanks for hosting.
i would have tried to make this had i known this was going to happen.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Come to the next one Goggles. I know it's a far drive from Rochester, but Zaandaa and I would love for our turnout to grow. I would love 30+ for Brawl (however unrealistic that may be) at some point.

Top Bottom