• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

tumblr_nzfajjWjns1sku40eo1_500.png

Chance- 5%
Jon is an iconic character, but he's kind of just a guy. Dispite what I said in an earlier write up, I do think that if we get a 2nd Garfield rep, it would be Odie. And to be fair. I don't think we're getting a second Garfield rep. I think they're gonna wanna focus on new series and secondary reps for base game franchises. It is true he was originally intended to be the main character of the strips, but I don't see him as a fighter. That's not really his role. He does have memes on his side but I'm not sure they'll be enough.

Want- 15%
Honestly I have mixed feelings on this one. Jon is funny and I think the randomness of his inclusion would be pretty amusing. But I honestly feel like it would be a little uncomfortable to see him kicking Garfield around. My views have changed since my Odie write up, I'd prefer the dog. Though to be honest I don't think we need a 2nd rep for Garfield.

Abstain on Rusty. Gee how many characters does this show have?

Noms to Fanboy and Chum Chum.

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
STUFFING YOUR FACE AS USUAL

Chance: 5%

Yeah Jon Arbuckle is an iconic, memetic character, and the comic strip has really been more about him than about Garfield for decades now, but I really don't see him happening over Odie. He's just a guy. Plus with how big Garfield is in game, it'd look really weird to have Jon there so out of scale with him.
I think Garfield is all we're going to get, and honestly, he's all we really need.

Want: 5%
Jon is kind of an asshole, and not in a way that's particularly entertaining, so I wouldn't mind kicking his ass, but other than that, yeah, not into the idea. I'm just not all that fond of him compared to the animal characters of the Garfield franchise. If you were to ask me to pick, I'd say Odie, no question.

....Who?

Chance: 0%
Want: Abstain

No seriously, who the hell is Rusty Spokes? I knew we were running out of viable characters but jeez.
The Loud House has so many characters, holy ****, This is a show with upwards of 13 main characters, each with their own supporting groups and good god, let's just make an entire Loud House fighter at this point.

Noms
5x Gaz

Predictions
Azula: 35%

Letting Jon beat up Garfield (or anyone, really) would kind of ruin the joke in my opinion
This was the same thing I said about Squidward, funny enough.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jon Arbuckle your seatbelts

I guess he's possible. Although Garfield and Odie are by far more popular and marketable. I think they overshadow him, plus Odie has more moveset potential thanks to him being more slapsticky. That, and I have a feeling Garfield might just be on his own, at least for this game.

Want: 1%

Jon is fine, I don't find him that annoying or anything. But he is kind of boring and I'm good with Garfield being on his own.

Rusty wheels

Chance: 1%

The problem with the Loud House is that it has such a bloated cast. Even if we were being strict and said that the couple sisters that are background cameos are deconfirmed, there are still 5+ sisters for the devs to consider. They alone cannibalize each other's chances. But when you add in the supporting cast, that really complicates things. And doing some basic research on this guy, I don't think he has enough merit to stand out so he's in the same spot as like a dozen other characters. I echo what LimeTH said, this show has enough characters to have its own fighting game.

Want: 0%

I don't care about the main characters, so I most certainly don't care about a side character. There is nothing new here I can say that I haven't already said like 5 times at this point.

Prediction: Azula - 31%

Noms: Blue (Blue's Clues) x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jon Arbuckle

Chance: 15% -
Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, especially given his increased meme power from fan projects such as Garfielf and LasagnaCat (the former being explicitly referenced in Garfield's showcase video). Jon was the strip's main character, for the most part, until Garfield became more and more human. Still, even with that, he continues to play a major role and will always be a member of the core trio. He's recognizable, he has merit (and even if he isn't slapstick he's very goofy and eccentric in his own right, so there's plenty of moveset potential), and with Garfield himself already in, the door's open! Though competition will be his biggest issue. He still has to contend with Odie, who's just as mematic and gets in on the slapstick more. Plus, the DLC is likely gonna focus on bringing new series' in, and if any already represented series get new reps it likely isn't going to be Garfield. Still, I wouldn't count him out!

Want: 50% - Higher priorities at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't mind Jon at all! More Garfield is always hilarious, and Jon's had a lot of lovable and laughable moments that would make for a very comical moveset. Plus I'd love to see another location like the Arbuckle residence in game as a stage since we got a more unorthodox (but still fantastic) choice with Sweet Dreams. He'd be a real crowd pleaser!

Rusty Spokes

Chance: 0.5% -
Rusty suffers from the same caveats Clyde does, only worse, since he isn't particularly popular among TLH fans (which is a shame, he's actually very funny) and there's no way they'd choose him over Clyde himself if they wanna go for one of Lincoln's friends. Granted, he DOES have moveset potential, being an absolute showboat with all sorts of sick dance moves and snazzy outfits. Furthermore, Nick has been pushing Lincoln's friend group more and more into the spotlight, so there's that, but again, Clyde. And that's not to mention how much more popular Lincoln's sisters are than Lincoln's friends. The show, ever since giving the siblings individualized episodes and thus giving each one their own social circle (or at least a friend or two), has suffered from a severe bloating of the main cast, and while there's a clear hierarchy all of the characters are really diluting each other as a result. Thus, I really don't see Rusty taking a slot any time soon, especially with Clyde still being absent.

Want: 80% - Which is a shame, because Rusty's honestly super hilarious, and seeing him showboat all over everyone as the basis of his moveset would be the absolute funniest thing! He has lots of crazy dances, he had snazzy suits, his agility is surprisingly good (jumping between hanging girders at a construction site), and can even "play" the French Horn! He'd be absolutely goofy and brimming with personality in all of his animations, and would be a very funny and unorthodox character to mess with people with! I do have bigger priorities, but he always makes me laugh whenever he's on screen, so I wouldn't be upset at all if he got in! Though I do think he'd be better if he was later into the DLC rather than earlier on!

We all know that face was MADE for HD!

Nominations:
Motu (Motu Patlu) x10

Predictions:
Azula - 28.25% - A very popular and memorable Avatar villain, I expect her to get Sokka-esque scores. But Zuko not being in yet is an issue for her, and I doubt they would skip Zuko over again for the sake of adding more girls (That's rough, buddy) along with Zuko's fan demand being through the roof. So her scores will suffer due to competition from her brother.

Also, I forgot to post this as a part of yesterday's day, but while I don't think As Told by Ginger is poised for a character slot, I think I good way to represent it would be through a stage! Have it be kinda like Animal Crossing (the track) in MK8, have three or four different versions that take place at different points in the series' continuity, while also randomizing the background characters' clothes! It covers two notable points about the show! Plus we did get a standalone Double Dare stage!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jon Arbuckle

Chance - 2.5% - Jon may be Garfield's owner, but he just doesn't fit in. Garfield can honestly be pretty well represented just by himself, and if there is a need for another character Odie is far more likely due to being far more marketable and zany.

Want - 40% - Eh, there are better characters to show off than him. We're not at the point where the roster needs to be screeched like this.

Rusty Spokes

Chance - 0.5% - The Loud House arguably doesn't even have all of it's main characters in yet. We still have over 5 sisters to deal with, and he's not particularly notable compared to them. He really needs something to help him stand out next to his competition, and I just don't think he has it.

Want - 40% - Eh, I think I would prefer a sister over him. I have no attachment to the Loud House anyway.

Predictions

Azula - 17.86% - I have no idea for this one...

Nominations

Ms. Bitters X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Jon

Let me preface this by stating that I doubt Garfield is getting a second rep this game. He's a DLC addition and there are many glaring omissions from the base game, both in terms of shows and characters. So any further representation for Garfield will have to come in a hypothetical sequel.

When that happens, it won't be Jon. Jon is a main character and is iconic, sure. But he's just some dude. Nothing about him stands out moveset-wise. Just because your show contains slapstick doesn't mean you have moveset potential; that's the baseline, 99% of cartoons have it. You need a concept and Jon does not. Odie is just as if not more iconic, much more marketable, and often makes use of cartoon logic and physics in original enough ways that could actually make for unique moves.

I enjoy Garfield unironically so having Jon just for the sake of haha Garfield man from the meme would do nothing for me. I like Odie a lot too so there's that.

Rusty

Chance: 0%
Yo who the f is this? A friend of Lincoln's but not even the important one? Hard no man. We're likelier to get every single sister in this one game than to get this homie. Also I quote from a brilliant mind of our generation:

GoodGrief the Genius said:
Just because your show contains slapstick doesn't mean you have moveset potential
I like most of the sisters at least a little bit and they certainly are varying degrees of interesting concepts for fighters. This guy is also hella ugly. Get him outta here.

Noms: The Flesh
Azula prediction: 36.21% this will be interesting

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm maybe i should have rounded up some comics with some of the moveset potential i was thinking of

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Fred the Fish
Chance: 0.98%
Want: 14.38%
Winner of predictions is someone named DaUsername DaUsername who predicted 1%. 100 extra noms.
The correct winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , who predicted 0.99%. He gets 100 extra noms instead.
Ginger Foutley
Want: 36.67%
Winner of predictions is LimeTH LimeTH , with a perfect guess of 5%. You get 150 extra noms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it's time to rate Lincolns friend with the red hair.
No, the other one.
No, the other other one.
Chance: 0.01%
Well, he certainly is a character from a Nicktoon. He's not a character that many people care about or want in this game, but he does exist, so that's something! But seriously this is never happening.
Once again, Lincolns friends don't interest me. The only Loud House characters that should be in this game are the actual members of the Loud family.

Oh yeah also Abstaining from Jon lol

Azula prediction: 50%
Noms: Gaz Membrane x14
DAY OVER
Rate Azula from Avatar. Predict Ms. Bitters and Gaz Membrane from Invader Zim

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tumblr_pay6q07ov91voe56uo1_1280.jpg

Chance - 30%
She's an extremely popular character from the series. But she faces competition. Personally I think she's slightly more likely than the likes of Sokka, but she is outclassed by her brother. Although they fight pretty differently in canon, they're both fire nation baddies and likely share the same spot in pepole's heads. I just think Zuko is slightly more likely due to both his popularity and importance.

Want - 80%

One of my favourite villians in anything. She's so delightfully sinister. If the roster got big enough i would want both her and Zuko as I think their playstyles would be pretty different.

Noms to Fanboy and Chum-Chum

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i wonder how many of you who said you didnt want jon cause hes "bad" are now gonna say you love this little sociopath. anyway

giving younger siblings a bad name

chances: 30% maybe just maybe. while she's both major enough in the series and popular enough to warrant inclusion i think her competition is a bit stiff. firstly zuko is by far the most likely, even then id say the likes of her dad, sokka, katarra and maybe a second korra character are more likely. and youd think theyd have to draw a line of the number of avatar characters somewhere. that is of course assuming this isnt their version of fire emblem in which case im sure we'll get to her eventually. but not as things stand at the moment.

want: 0% no thanks. bad guys arent things i can always get excited about and she isnt one of them. shes certainly one of the more memorable characters in the franchise (i can never remember the name of korra's girlfriend no matter how many times im told it) but in many ways thats why i dont want her. shes such a well written bad guy that i find myself genuinely disliking her cause of it and my favourite moment with her is when, SPOILERS, her two friends turn against her. so if its all the same to you ill pass on this one.

noms to sabrina

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Princess Azula

Chance: 25% -
I can see her happening at some point, and I'd say she's about on par with Sokka. She was a significant villain, being Zuko's little sister and Ozai's favorite child, along with her being very popular with the fanbase. So there's a decent amount of demand for her. Plus she has an announcer call in the game's files, which is a big help! The issue is, of course, competition with her older brother. While their fighting styles have their differences, there's likely only room for one firebender on the roster. Zuko, by contrast, is one of the most demanded reps from an already represented series, and is even more popular than she is. I guess one could say that Toph shows that Zuko isn't a priority, but just because it happened once doesn't mean it's going to happen again. Furthermore, the devs have stated that they aren't adding characters simply for being part of a specific group/type, so (like with Plankton) being a villain doesn't help her chances. So overall I'd say she has a solid shot, but unlike even Sokka, there's a way more popular firebender with way more fan demand that could easily be chosen over her. I wouldn't count her out, though!

Want: 35% - I'm always down for more Avatar reps, but I really don't want to see her get in before Zuko. Sure, he can't create lightning, but he's Avatar's second most important character next to Aang himself. Passing him up again just wouldn't feel right. She was a great villain, but simply being a villain doesn't boost her in my eyes. She freaked me out as a kid (which was probably intentional, she's meant to be a disturbing sociopath), and even now I've soured on her a lot more thanks to the sequel comics. I know she's popular but they keep bringing her back despite her villain arc being long done and dusted, Her presence also basically invalidates every other villain manipulating them into their downfall. I understand when they did it with Long Feng, but other villains need the chance to shine, having her keep coming back and disposing of the rest takes all of the stakes out of the other villains (most notably the New Ozai Society, which had a LOT of potential!). It's be like, for you Ace Attorney fans, if every Ace Attorney game after Investigations 2 were orchestrated by Simon Keyes. This unnecessary and poor usage of her character really brought her down in my eyes. So while she was a cool villain and had a lot of moveset potential, but I'd much rather see Zuko get in first, of if not him then Sokka or Katara. She'd be cool at some point, but not before Zuko.

Nominations:
Motu (Motu Patlu) x10

Predictions:
Gaz - 17.47% - She has a cult following, but she still trails behind Dib and their father in terms of fan demand.
Ms. Bitters - 4.84% - I've seen almost no demand for her, so I don't expect her to get good scores.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A 400-foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings.

Chance: 45%

I'm giving Azula more than Iroh but less than Zuko. Again, as far as lightning redirecting Firebenders go, they can all pretty much do what the other can do, with some skills here and there separating them apart. Azula does have a different fighting style from Zuko, and her being a popular and memorable villain character, so I can see her having a decent shot in a sequel. But as far as the current game's DLC. there's no way, it's going to Zuko.

Want: 70%
Azula is a damn cool villain. Funny isn't it how all the Fire Nation characters are all so damn memorable.

Predictions
Gaz: 20%
Ms. Bitters: 5%

Noms

Winner of predictions is LimeTH LimeTH LimeTH LimeTH , with a perfect guess of 5%. You get 150 extra noms!

30 noms for Blue
30 noms for Stick Stickly
30 noms for Movie Sonic
30 noms for Rango
30 noms for Norbert Beaver

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
huh i must be psychic
Are you for real? Youre seriously calling me out over the crime of not liking Jon Arbuckle that much?

Azula is specifically created to be a villain, and all the bombastic behavior that implies. That makes her more entertaining to me than Jon, whose womanizing, moping around, and saying seriously mean **** to his cat (who we're told can't talk back and the comebacks are all in his head.) just comes off sort of pathetic and not all that funny.

Like if you like Jon, that's fine, that's YOUR opinion. Don't pick a fight over it. I didn't go after all the people who gave Daggett lower scores than Otis and Yakkity Yak.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
i wonder how many of you who said you didnt want jon cause hes "bad" are now gonna say you love this little sociopath. anyway
I don't think anyone was out here calling Jon the absolute scum of the Earth like you seem to think? We just don't think he'd make a very interesting character since he's intentionally designed to be as pitifully average and pathetic a man as possible. When I say he has "no redeeming qualities," this is what I mean.

Anyhoo, Azula:
Chance: 35%

Competition with Zuko's (ironically) the main thing holding her back at the moment, but behind him I'd honestly call her the second most likely Avatar rep to join the fray. She's a popular and important villain, albeit beaten out by Zuko on both fronts, and she'd fill a similar niche that he does being a Firebender. But of course, there's the fact to consider that pretty much everything she has going for her, Zuko has going for him as well on top of generally being the more popular choice. We have seen developer interest take priority over Zuko once before with Toph's inclusion, but I honestly wouldn't bank on it happening a second time. Still, it's possible.

Want: 50%

Villains are cool, and having a dedicated Firebender would round out the game's Avatar representation nicely (plus I hear she can shoot lightning, which is cool). That said, I would like to see Zuko more since he seems to be the popular choice.

Gaz Prediction: 13.4%
Not higher than Dib, but probably higher than Professor Membrane (which makes me kind of sad).

Ms. Bitters: 2%
I watched literally the entirety of Invader Zim and had to look her up to realize that this is the teacher from that show. Yeah, no, she's not happening.

Noms to Bubble Bass

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think anyone was out here calling Jon the absolute scum of the Earth like you seem to think? We just don't think he'd make a very interesting character since he's intentionally designed to be as pitifully average and pathetic a man as possible. When I say he has "no redeeming qualities," this is what I mean.
relax I was only teasing. I just forgot to put in the indicator that what I said was in jest

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Everything changed when....oh wait I already used that meme

Chance: 30%

There's not really anything new I can add. A lot of the benefits Zuko has applies to Azula, except Zuko is a little more popular and arguably more important than Azula. If the DLC goes on for long enough or if the devs have a preference for Azula, I could see her barely edging out and be included. But even then, she does share the same element as Zuko so even with a different fighting style the devs might prefer to put in someone else completely.

Want: 60%

As stated before, I haven't watched Avatar that much so I don't have too much stake in it getting another character. But it's important enough to where I don't mind it getting a 4th rep and Azula makes enough sense to the point where it wouldn't feel that weird if she got in over Zuko.

Predictions:
Gaz - 8%
Ms Bitters - 0%

Noms - Concept: Live Action Characters x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Azula

Chance - 20% - The main problem is, in an ironic reversal of the usual situation, being overshadowed by Zuko. There isn't much that Zuko could do that Azula couldn't, save for maybe lightning bending, but Zuko is a way more beloved and popular character who fans already are expecting and wanting. If it weren't for him, Azula might stand a decent chance.

Want - 60% - I like Avatar, but Zuko definitely deserves to get in first. She'd be okay, but not before Zuko.

Predictions

Gaz - 7.35% - Popular-ish, but in the shadow of her father and brother.

Ms. Bitters - 2.24% - Not talked much...

Nominations

Olmec's Temple stage X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Everyone's bratty little sister, on steroids

Chance: 15%
Azula is not the main villain of ATLA, but she's pretty close. As the recurring, second-in-command of Ozai that antagonizes the main characters for the majority of the show (and makes big, plot-altering moves), she fulfills a role that the main villain would play in a less continuity- and lore-heavy show. She is also an incredibly well portrayed character, terrifying yet entertaining, which along with several episodes and plotlines focused on her have helped make her quite popular. She is also a firebender, which we still don't have in NASB (barring Korra's heavy use of the element). There is competition with Zuko, who is incredibly popular, probably moreso than any other Avatar character. However I'd say Zuko's omission from base game, along with the devs' statement about not feeling a need to complete "groups", shows that Zuko won't necessarily be a priority. As has been mentioned before, Azula has her fans too, and she would be a rare villain in the roster (and a female one at that). So she has a shot, but there's a lot of competition.

Want: 100%
If Zuko was an incredibly compelling antagonist because he eventually redeems himself, Azula was one because she doesn't. Her portrayal as someone whose upbringing and code of values left her unable to be a good person, to the point of completely shattering her once things don't go her way, was empathetic in a way you don't usually see for a villain that doesn't turn good. She's also a brilliant strategist (we all know what I'm referring to) and a capable fighter with a unique style, so you just want her to be on screen even if she's gonna do awful things. Many have said it would feel wrong for her to be in before Zuko, but honestly? Both could and should be in. Zuko's not gonna be shooting lightning out his fingertips, after all.

Gaz prediction: 7%
Ms Bitters predictio: 3%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
However I'd say Zuko's omission from base game, along with the devs' statement about not feeling a need to complete "groups", shows that Zuko won't necessarily be a priority. As has been mentioned before, Azula has her fans too, and she would be a rare villain in the roster
To be fair, this works against her, too, as they aren't going to add her for the sake of adding more villains, a strong Avatar villain being her main selling point.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
When we were discussing Plankton it was commonly brought up that being a villain doesn't raise his chances, that they weren't gonna add more villains to fill a quota just because they added Shredder. It would make sense to extend that same logic to Azula.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When we were discussing Plankton it was commonly brought up that being a villain doesn't raise his chances, that they weren't gonna add more villains to fill a quota just because they added Shredder. It would make sense to extend that same logic to Azula.
I don't agree with that, I could see the devs liking the idea of adding a character because they're a villain and the game doesn't have many of those. Especially with Azula as she's a female villain which is just rare in general. Not that they'd do it because they have to, but I don't think it's farfetched that they'd consider a bit of outside the box thinking.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't agree with that, I could see the devs liking the idea of adding a character because they're a villain and the game doesn't have many of those. Especially with Azula as she's a female villain which is just rare in general. Not that they'd do it because they have to, but I don't think it's farfetched that they'd consider a bit of outside the box thinking.
I guess the wording of it was a bit vague. It's not farfetch'd but at the same time, just because a more obvious option got passed over once doesn't mean it's gonna happen every time. That sort of "lightning always strikes twice" mentality was part of what made Smash speculation so exhausting (I'm not accusing you of it, of course. I know you're just considering all possibilities!).

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jon Arbuckle
Chance: 11.56%
Want: 27%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 11.50%. You get 100 extra noms!
Rusty Spokes
Chance: 0.34%
Want: 24%
Winner of predictions is DaUsername DaUsername , who predicted 0.15%. 10 extra noms.
Rusty is now our least likely character that isn't Goku, but he also has a higher want than both Lisa and Clyde. It's funny how averages work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pour one out for the few people who thought the April silhouette on the boxart was Azula
Chance: 25%
Azula is a pretty major character in the Avatar series and it definitely would make sense for her to be added. Unfortunately for her, however, Zuko is the character that pretty much everyone wants. I could see Azula getting added eventually, but Zuko is definitely the frintrunner here.
Want: N/A
I still haven't watched the Avater series yet.

Bitters prediction: 2.5%
Gaz prediction: 15%

Noms: Snap x5
DAY OVER
Rate Ms. Bitters and Gaz Membrane from Invader Zim, predict Blue from Blue's Clues.

D

Deleted member

Goth Girl
Chance - 6%
I don't think a second Invader Zim rep is that likely in the first place. And even if they where to add one. It would be Dib or maybe they'd go back and do Gir. Gaz was pretty popular, arguably the most popular charatcer after Zim, Gir and Dib but she doesn't really strike me as a fighter. I guess they could lean in to her angry outbursts. I gave her a slightly higher rating because she is farily popular.
Want - 52%
Gaz is cool. Part of me doesn't really know what she could do as a fighter. But another part of me just likes her enough that I would wanna see her. Maybe they could do something with her violent attitude. Get creative with jt.

For a hot minute I thought we where talking about the teacher from Jimmy Neutron.
Chance- 0.1%
It's been a long time since I watched IZ but outside of a couple gags I don't remember the teacher being a particularly big part of the show. I don't know what she could do as a fighter really.
Want - 1.5%
I remember her having one or two funny lines but nothing that would make me wanna see her appear in this game. Edit: apparently she does have some powers so that bumps her rating up slightly

Noms to Fanboy and Chum-Chum

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't have a joke today, here's Gaz

Gaz is probably one of the more recurring members of Zim's cast, but that isn't really saying much when the show's cast of regulars is as small as it is. She doesn't even really do much in the show other than look annoyed and play games on her handheld. She WAS oddly chosen as the only Zim rep other than Zim himself for Nicktoons MLB (which is weird since she'd probably never be caught dead playing baseball, much less with Zim of all people), but that was the only time and it was by a completely different set of developers. Unless Ludosity also happens to have an affinity for Gaz, I don't expect that to happen again. I'd sooner expect Dib or even Professor Membrane if we do get a second Zim rep.

Want: 20%

Ehh... I'm sure Gaz has some funny moments that I'm not remembering, but she never stood out to me as one of the more memorable parts of the show. You could probably do some fun stuff if you wanted to make a moveset for her, but I think Dib and her dad are just objectively more interesting in terms of moveset potential.

Ms. Fowl's Eldritch Cousin
Chance: 1%

She's a background character who has some lines. Simply put, what would she do? If anything, she's barely above Kelpy G status since Ms. Bitters is at least a recurring character. Still, she doesn't really have anything putting her in the discussion other than... being a Nickelodeon character, I guess.

I don't even remember who this character is lmao. Get somebody else, please.

Blue Prediction: 26.2%
I think people see Blue as maybe slightly more likely than Dora in terms of Nick Jr. reps. (Personally, I doubt we're getting one in the first place, but I seem to be in the minority there.)

Oh man, a hundred noms! I'll have to think carefully about how I wanna spend these.

Dump 80 noms into Albert, the Small Tree with a Big Dream, who is an actual Nickelodeon character and I submit this as proof:

Oh, and put the rest into Bubble Bass.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Ah, the women of Invader ZIM!

YOUR PIZZA STEALING HEART!
Chance: 25%

Gaz gets less than Dib but more than Membrane. Gaz is considered the fourth main character of the show, is very popular, has had two ZIM-less focus episodes, and has been shown beating the crap out of Dib on screen among other acts of random violence and terror raising. I don't think she's as a stretch as people think, but she would most likely come after Dib. Hell, she could come after Dog GIR if they decide to go that route.

Want: 100%
heavy zim.png

Seriously though, Gaz is a character I'm really fond of, so she joins the 100% ZIM Club with Dib and GIR.

YOU WILL IMPLODE

Ms. Bitters is pretty minor as far as ZIM characters go. She appears more than Prof Membrane but isn't as memorable.
She DOES have some potential in her Eldritch, borderline feral demeanor and abilities, able to turn into a slithering lighting-quick living shadow, but she's probably among the least likely out of any of the reoccurring ZIM characters, though I could see her before either of the Almighty Tallest.

Want: 50%
This was gonna be lower before I actually sat and thought about how they could turn her shadow thingy into an actual moveset, and I kinda wanna see it, but not before the three in the 100% ZIM Club or Prof Membrane. It'd be cool for sure, but there are a lot of characters in just IZ alone that I'd rather see first.

Blue prediction: 50%. Probably mid-low on chance, but I'm expecting a mid-high want score.

Noms
3x Stick Stickly
2x Movie Sonic

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gaz Membrane

Chance - 1.5% - While there are some moments of hyper-competency from her, Gaz's primary gag is that she plays videogames while the world burns. She's popular, no doubt, but I feel there are other characters who are a more natural fit and in more demand, and making her fight would ruin her "joke," so to speak.

Want - 50% - Eh, no love for Zim, but if she gets in, that's cool.

Ms. Bitters

Chance - 5% - @Darkonedagger Ze Diglett Ze Diglett Are you guys remembering the same show? Doesn't Ms. Bitters display blatantly supernatural abilities, like floating, controlling shadows, and slithering and coiling around people like a snake? Not to mention stuff like forcing the kids to wear explosive collars?

I'll admit that she's not quite part of the main cast. In fact, due to her voice actor passing she was reduced to voiceless cameos in Enter the Florpus. However, she has an extreme Powdered Toast Man principal, in that she has an extremely interesting potential move set that might make her gain several leagues over her competitors. While DLC may have other priorities, I honestly think she's interesting enough that she deserves some attention, if anything else.

Want - 80% - I don't care much about ZIM, but honestly, she was the most memorable character to me. Taking the Sadist Teacher to such an extreme extent left an impression on me, and I feel like the combination of dystopian school and eldritch abomination that she is would make for an incredibly interesting character.

Predictions

Blue - 7.34% - Expecting her to do less than Dora.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

D

Deleted member

Gaz Membrane

Chance - 1.5% - While there are some moments of hyper-competency from her, Gaz's primary gag is that she plays videogames while the world burns. She's popular, no doubt, but I feel there are other characters who are a more natural fit and in more demand, and making her fight would ruin her "joke," so to speak.

Want - 50% - Eh, no love for Zim, but if she gets in, that's cool.

Ms. Bitters

Chance - 5% - @Darkonedagger Ze Diglett Ze Diglett Are you guys remembering the same show? Doesn't Ms. Bitters display blatantly supernatural abilities, like floating, controlling shadows, and slithering and coiling around people like a snake? Not to mention stuff like forcing the kids to wear explosive collars?

I'll admit that she's not quite part of the main cast. In fact, due to her voice actor passing she was reduced to voiceless cameos in Enter the Florpus. However, she has an extreme Powdered Toast Man principal, in that she has an extremely interesting potential move set that might make her gain several leagues over her competitors. While DLC may have other priorities, I honestly think she's interesting enough that she deserves some attention, if anything else.

Want - 80% - I don't care much about ZIM, but honestly, she was the most memorable character to me. Taking the Sadist Teacher to such an extreme extent left an impression on me, and I feel like the combination of dystopian school and eldritch abomination that she is would make for an incredibly interesting character.

Predictions

Blue - 7.34% - Expecting her to do less than Dora.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5
I haven't seen Invader Zim since I was like 11. My bad

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
@Darkonedagger Ze Diglett Ze Diglett Are you guys remembering the same show? Doesn't Ms. Bitters display blatantly supernatural abilities, like floating, controlling shadows, and slithering and coiling around people like a snake? Not to mention stuff like forcing the kids to wear explosive collars?
Ok in total fairness I totally forgot she did any of that stuff, but considering I saw the entire show and didn't remember any of that, that doesn't give me too much confidence in her having much of a chance. She's a minor antagonist in certain episodes at best. Hell, I remember Keef more than I remember her.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've never watched Invader Zim so I'll abstain from both characters. I want to point out though that Gaz is the only character from the show I know aside from Zim, which leads me to believe she's either iconic or very popular. So that's probably a factor.

Blue prediction: 5%

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Azula
Chance: 28.33%
Want: 56.88%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 28.25%. You get, you guessed it, 100 extra noms! (how have we had this many extremely close guesses in a row this is starting to scare me now)
I'd give my Blue prediction but Dora's rounded up score isn't on the front page for some reason.
My bad. The front page should be all up to date now.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gaz

Chance: 5% -
Gaz is popular within the Zim fandom and has a cult following in general. Plus she is prone to acts of violence and plays video games, so the moveset potential is there! But that's as much as I can give her. None of this has translated into visible fan demand, so unless Gaz has a big fan of hers on the Dev team she's gonna be easily beaten out by her brother, or possibly even her father, too. Plus her entire gag is that she sits and plays video games while the chaos happens around her, rather than being directly involved. And even with all of this, we likely aren't getting a second Zim rep at all.

Ms. Bitters

Chance: 0.5% -
Apparently she has some interesting shadow powers, so there's moveset potential! But outside of that, she has all of Gaz's problems but amplified. Hell, she isn't even part of the main cast, and while she does still play a relatively major role there's no way she'll be prioritized over Dib. Plus with her voice actress' death, they've only been using her for cameos, so a central spot in a wacky fighting game isn't likely in the cards for her.

Want for both: 0% - Sadist teacher amped up to 11? No thanks... Sadistic older sister who beats up her sibling and gets away with it completely scott-free? NO THANKS! It's characters like these that made me hate (and still hate) Invader Zim as much as I do. I get that this isn't supposed to be a sunshine and rainbows show, it's supposed to be loaded with weirdness and cynicism. But that's the kind of "up to 11" feel-bad that I really hate seeing in cartoons. These two characters are the embodiment of that, and thus I can't think of a single thing that would make them appealing in my eyes. Plus getting them over Dib? Terrible idea.

Nominations:
Motu (Motu Patlu) x20
Luan Loud x20
Mr. X x20

Predictions:
Blue - 14.25% - Still expecting little confidence in Nick Jr. characters, though Blue is the one with the fan demand, so we'll see!

Not to mention stuff like forcing the kids to wear explosive collars?
WHAT?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom