• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Music Reference Goes Here
Chance: 25%
Yeah, she may be popular among Loud House fans, but sadly TLH is very unpopular among NASB fans. If we do get another TLH character, there's a good chance it'll be her, but I don't think we'll be seeing anyone from the series any time soon.
Want: 70%
Luna is pretty cool and I know she'd be unique. However, she's not my first choice for a TLH newcomer. Luan is just a little bit higher on my want list.

Zuko prediction: 83%
Iroh prediction: 5%
Noms: Miko x5
DAY OVER
Rate Zuko and Iroh. Predict The Crimson Chin.

D

Deleted member

Dev Petel
Chance - 98%
Avatar was one of the three properties to receive more than two characters in the base game, if you don't count Ren and Stimpy, and considering the other two where Spongebob and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that's a pretty big deal. Considering Avatar's immense popularity and current relevancey with the upcoming Netflix adaption. I think a fourth rep is one of the most likely DLC additions. And as far as potential character choices go, Zuko is THE choice in my opinion. He has it all. Popular, important to the overall plot and represents a huge part of the franchise that has yet to receive any representation. While the team have been known to sometimes go outside the box, the sales driven nature of DLC and the fact that each Avatar character has technicaly came from from different bending style makes me think that the brooding Fire Prince is the most likely pick.

Want - 96%
Yeah. Avatar is iconic and important and I was a fan of it when it was airing, even if I haven't really watched it since. I always liked Zuko, he's a great character with a well developed character arc. His whole troubled troubled bad boy personality appealed to a young edge lord loving me. Though he's obviously a deeper character than just that. Plus I've always enjoyed fire users in fighting games.

Cool Uncle
Chance- 5%
As discussed above Avatar is extremely likely to get another character, but with so many great picks, I sadly doubt the uncle will get a look in. He's a memorable character from the show, and compared to some other characters we've raited he does have some moveset potential, but Zuko is very likely to be the third pick, and even if it was to get a fourth he has to contend with the likes of Azula, Sokka, Katara, Asami and Amon, among others.

Want - 10%
I like him, he's a really fun character. But he's hardly high on the list of Avatar characters I'd wanna see in a game like this. Zuko should definitely get in first, and after that? Maybe. But i'd still prefer to see one of the characters I listed in the chance rating. I like him enough that I didn't give him too low a rating though.

Noms to Kappa Mikey

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ruffio

chances: 75% one of the few characters im willing to go over 50/50 for. out of all the nick characters id say hes got the most going for him. popular major character from popular show. only think im not sure on is his meme levels which seems to be a deciding factor for the dev team. hope i dont get burned like the last time i gave a character over 50%..

want: 75% i like zuko but i like other characters more. still as ive seen few and far between nick shows theres not many. but hed have a unique moveset thatd be great to play as. plus another avatar stage would fun to have. no real down side as i see it.

delicious tea or deadly poison?

chances: 20% i dont see it. with so many more like avatar characters and nick characters in general i think the competition is too steep. he may be an important and popular character but so is the competition. so barring a really outside chance i dont think itll happen. but ive been wrong before.

want: 90% after sokka defiantly my most wanted avatar character. he just a great character all round and hes hilarious. his moveset would be great, especially if he smacks people with a kettle, and it be very unique. well if no other fire users get in. as one of my favourite characters in the show i would just love this.

any noms to jon arbuckle

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Everything changed when the fire nation attacked

Chance: 60%

So, Zuko is one of the main antagonists of the show and is a part of the fire nation so he has moveset potential not covered by any other Avatar character. TMNT has proven that your series can have 4 characters and with Avatar being one of Nick's biggest successes, combined with some decent demand, and you have a recipe for a likely character.

But what gives me pause is the Avatar representation we already have. We have the main character, one of the major secondary characters, and the protagonist of the sequel series. So overall Avatar is pretty well represented and thus I can see it not being a high priority for the dev team. But if the DLC lasts long enough for us to get more representation for the base game IPs, then I think Zuko has a really good shot.

Want: 60%

I watched Avatar a little bit when I was younger but I couldn't get into it due to not seeing enough of the earlier episodes to understand what's going on. Thus, I don't have much attachment to this show, though I would like to give it another shot one day. For now, I'll say I do respect the series' legacy and we don't have much in the way of fire users right now so Zuko would be quite cool.

Oh wait, almost forgot to rate this other dude

Chance: 5%

Iroh is a notable character from the show but I don't see it. Even when you put aside competition from other popular characters from the show, the fact is Iroh would certainly be included after Zuko which kills his chances. That's because I think a single series having 5 characters is a bit much. I don't think it's out of the question, but I imagine we would need a lot of DLC characters for that to be a realistic scenario and for now I kinda doubt that.

Want: Abstain

Even reading up on the guy I can't get a good grasp on this. I guess I would be alright with him but after Zuko I kind of don't want anymore Avatar representation unless we get like 10+ DLC characters.

Prediction: Crimson Chin - 20%

Noms: Kappa Mikey x10

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
HONOOOOOORRRRRRR!!!!
Chances: 99%
This guy really needs no introduction. Like come on what do I even have to say, it's Zuko. Do I even need to explain why he's among the biggest contenders, if not THE biggest? He's practically one of the few characters I could see getting into the current game, even before thinking about any potential future ones. This is the one dude (besides Rocko) I can be sure of is a matter of when, rather than if.
Zuko is by and large the most important character in the Avatar franchise and possibly among the most beloved fictional characters of the entire 21st century. His story is looked upon as the golden standard of writing redemption arcs that all other such arcs are measured against. Not to mention, he is absolutely stuffed full of moveset potential. Not only is he THE Firebender, but he can even redirect lightning and dual wield scimitars.
It's a shock he didn't make it to base game, but I figure dev favoritism probably played in Toph getting in over him. Hell, favoritism is the only thing I could see holding Zuko back a second time, in today's other character, Iroh. Hence the percent off what could have been a perfect score.

This is hot leaf juice!
Chances: 20%

Saying this as a huge Iroh fan, the only way Iroh is getting in over Zuko is if the devs decide they like him better, because as lighting redirecting Firebenders, almost anything Iroh can do, Zuko (and Azula for that matter) can do too. And lets be real, I wouldn't even blame them for deciding on that because Iroh is the coolest goddamn character in that entire show if not the coolest character in the whole of Nickelodeon. Iroh is such a big dog ************ that his sheer awesome factor alone is what's making his chances as high as they are. Being a sickass character is what brought us the likes of Reptar, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina and Shredder. If it worked for them, it can damn well work for Iroh.... if it weren't for Zuko's immensely higher chances.
It'll probably come down to what Nick themselves end up deciding, and frankly, I can't really see them budging on Iroh over Zuko. Again, this is Zuko we're talking about. Iroh is a Chuck Norris level meme badass, but Nick knows it's really Zuko that left the bigger impact.

Want for both: 100%
Guys, I'm gonna level with ya. I can't even decide which one I want more. These two are the absolute highlight of AtLA, and if we're like three of four Nick Brawl games in and the mad ******** at Ludosity figure out a way to have both Zuko and Iroh? I would be genuinely thrilled.

Though for what it's worth, Iroh would probably want Zuko to get in over him. He's cool that way.

Chin prediction: 30%.

5x noms for Dog Disguise GIR.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's a shock he didn't make it to base game, but I figure dev favoritism probably played in Toph getting in over him
My theory is this was their plan for base game Avatar reps:

Aang: Air
Korra: Water+Fire
Toph: Earth

And honestly if that is the case this might make Zuko or even Katara or Sokka more likely. In Korra's moveset, water and fire moves not only have to make room for each other, but also reminders that she's supposed to be an Avatar, meaning earth and airbending moves too.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
My theory is this was their plan for base game Avatar reps:

Aang: Air
Korra: Water+Fire
Toph: Earth

And honestly if that is the case this might make Zuko or even Katara or Sokka more likely. In Korra's moveset, water and fire moves not only have to make room for each other, but also reminders that she's supposed to be an Avatar, meaning earth and airbending moves too.
Korra having two Earthbending specific specials is really weird to me because Toph is already there. Waterbending and Firebending get moves with effects (that only work part of the time) but nothing specifically tailored for them as elements like the Earthbending moves.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Korra having two Earthbending specific specials is really weird to me because Toph is already there. Waterbending and Firebending get moves with effects (that only work part of the time) but nothing specifically tailored for them as elements like the Earthbending moves.
That's my issue with Korra in general. My dislike for her series aside, she felt more like elemental Ganondorf and didn't use the elements to their fullest potential. Katara as a pure waterbender would've been more unique as a waterbender character.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's my issue with Korra in general. My dislike for her series aside, she felt more like elemental Ganondorf and didn't use the elements to their fullest potential. Katara as a pure waterbender would've been more unique as a waterbender character.
Well, like I said, I think they were trying to represent four elements with three characters. Meaning if we got Katara, there'd be no firebending on the base roster.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well, like I said, I think they were trying to represent four elements with three characters. Meaning if we got Katara, there'd be no firebending on the base roster.
No one is disputing that, the thing is Korra having so many pure Earthbending moves alongside Toph's entire Earthbending moveset, and Korra's other moves having visual bending effects that don't seem to work properly part of the time leaves Waterbending and Firebending feeling underrepresented.
That in mind, anyone could have gotten in next to Korra, since she has moves for all four elements. At least two bending styles would have gone underrepresented even if it were Zuko or Katara instead of Toph.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Zuko

Chance - 80% - Zuko's a matter of if, rather than when. He's considered to one of the best redemption arcs in modern TV, and is an ideal spot to represent Firebenders. The only problem is if they can squeeze him in; the Avatar series while highly rated already has two characters, three if you count Kora, and right now overall the vibe is more towards increasing the series represented than expanding the ones already present. He's certainly has a very strong case, but I can see the dev team running out of time and/or money before they need to move on, saving him for a sequel.

Want - 85% - I like Avatar, but feel the series is represented at an okay spot right now. That said, I have no objections to having Zuko in, and think he could be fun.

Iroh

Chance - 5% - Largely in his nephew's shadow. Iroh, while not truly a pacifist, definitely is not as battle-happy as others in a series already dripping with competent fighters. Combined with everyone's eyes seeming to be on others, I don't think he'll get in.

Want - 40% - Don't get me wrong, Iroh is a great character. However, the things that make him a good character aren't what make a good move set. I'd rather focus on other characters.

Predictions

Crimson Chin - 10.24% - Not without Timmy.

Nominations

DreamWorks Character X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
No one is disputing that, the thing is Korra having so many pure Earthbending moves alongside Toph's entire Earthbending moveset, and Korra's other moves having visual bending effects that don't seem to work properly part of the time leaves Waterbending and Firebending feeling underrepresented.
That in mind, anyone could have gotten in next to Korra, since she has moves for all four elements. At least two bending styles would have gone underrepresented even if it were Zuko or Katara instead of Toph.
Hell, even AIRBENDING feels underrepresented since they tried to make a Shiek clone rather than giving Aang more airbending moves. It's mostly confined to his specials.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Fireman
Chance: 75%

C'mon, man, it's Zuko. He's arguably the most iconic part of ATLA and one of the most iconic non-SpongeBob Nickelodeon characters period. We also don't have a dedicated firebender in the roster yet, leaving a very obvious niche for Zuko to fill. If we get another Avatar character, bar the possibility of dev favoritism getting in his way again, it's gonna be him. Avatar's also one of the only already represented series that I can see getting another character in DLC due to how popular it is and how expansive of a battle-ready cast it has. After the Big 4 (a term that I dislike for how arbitrary it is, but you know who I'm talking about), I'd honestly call Zuko the most likely single character to be in the game - Squidward's close, but competition with Krabs and Plankton makes him slightly less guaranteed IMO. If this game's DLC run doesn't get cut off early, I'm definitely expecting Zuko at some point.

Want: 55%
Haven't seen a lot of Avatar, but Zuko seems cool. Plus he'd round out the Avatar reps with representation for all four nations and there's something inherently satisfying about that, I think (even if Aang and Korra barely use their respective elements as-is). Put him in!

Abstain on want and chance for Iroh. I've seen like, two episodes with this guy in them and thus I can't comment on him. (That said, I am a fan of the "cool uncle" archetype, so I get the feeling I'd like him a lot if I watched more of the show.)

Crimson Chin Prediction: 13.4%
This dude's a maybe for a second FOP rep, but when we don't even have a first one yet, he's a hard sell.

Noms to Professor Membrane

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Zuko

Chance: 85% -
If we get any reps from already represented series in this game, then we are almost certainly getting Zuko. The deuteragonist of The Last Airbender, Zuko's story set a gold standard for redemption arcs going forward, and his story was relatable to so many people who grew up with the show. He went through some incredible evolution that really resonated! So it's no surprise that he has loads of fan demand! Zuko's also a Firebender, and we don't have any Fire Nation characters in the game yet, so he would round out the Four Nations very nicely! And then there's that moveset potential, mixing his Dancing Dragon firebending with his lightning redirection and Blue Spirit dual wielding for an incredibly diverse and unique moveset! Plus Nickelodeon has no qualms marketing more Avatar. Really, the only things that could hurt Zuko would be potential developer's bias towards another character, or the DLC only doing characters from unrepresented series. Alongside Squidward, Zuko is by far the most likely character from an already-represented series to get in!

Want: 100% - I love the Avatar series and I'm always down for it getting another rep! Zuko is such a lovable character, and it was wonderful to see him grow throughout the series. Alongside his awesome spectacle of moves, he has a lot of potential to bring an interesting stage with him. Ember Island? An Armada of Fire Nation ships? The Capital? A Fire Nation cultural festival? So many unique ideas for a stage! Avatar was one of my all-time favorite Nicktoons growing up, and it still is, and Zuko would be a very meaningful inclusion for me! Definitely one I want to see once we have a couple of Big 4 members in!

Iroh:

Chance: 20% -
Iroh is, for the most part, overshadowed by Zuko in terms of his chances, and has to compete with him directly. I haven't seen as much fan demand for Iroh, and that's likely because everyone is rallying behind Zuko. Nonetheless, the devs have made unusual picks before, and Iroh over Zuko wouldn't be entirely unheard of. Furthermore, he DOES have an announcer call in the game's files, so there's a foot in the door there! It really depends on what the devs want, though given their reception to fan demand, I see them more leaning Zuko. He's too important to leave out at this point!

Want: 90% - Only leaving off 10% because I think we should get Zuko first, but Iroh would be an absolute JOY to have in the game! He was one of the big highlights of the show for a lot of people, and how both serious/lovable and nurturing attitude, and his comedic silliness have made him a real crowd pleaser! Iroh has plenty of badass abilities of his own, even being able to breathe fire!!! How cool is that?! Furthermore, you can show his more goofy and relaxed sides as well by throwing in some moves based on his teamaking or his love of Pai Sho! Really, there's no way you can go wrong with Iroh, and I'd LOVE to see him grab a slot alongside his nephew!

Nominations:
Yakkity Yak xAll

Predictions:
The Crimson Chin - 12.73% - Not without Timmy, especially since the devs are aware of the heavy demand for him. So not expecting much in the way of good scores.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Zuko
Chance: 85%
Zuko is easily the most popular Avatar character that isn't in the game yet. Both among NASB fans and Avatar fans in general. No one else from the series even comes close. It seems pretty obvious that he'll make it in eventually. The only way I see Zuko not being in is if there's a small amount of DLC and they end up focusing on characters from shows that aren't in the game yet.
Abstain want because I'm not that familiar with the Avatar series. Also Abstaining from Iroh for the same reason.

Chin prediction: 19%
Noms: Miko x15
DAY OVER
Rate The Crimson Chin, predict Dog Disguise GIR.

D

Deleted member

"Here comes the Crimson Chin!"

Chance- 15%
We've still yet to get Timmy Turner. If we where to get a second Farily Odd Parents character though, I'd say the Chin is one of the most likely picks. He's a memorable side character and his role as a muscle bound superhero means he fits into a fighting game pretty well. I seem to remember him being pretty popular, he had his own web toon spin off for a brief time. His biggest issues are that we still need to get Timmy, and that he faces competition from the likes of Jordan and Mr. Crocker even if we where to get a 2nd rep.

Want - 40%

Yeah I like him. He's a big Goofy superhero parody voiced by Jay Leno, he's just a lot of fun. I'd still want Timmy first. But for a second rep I think the Chin is a soild option. He's due a showdown with Powered Toast Man.

Noms to Kappa Mikey

LimeTH

Smash Lord
GREAT JAWS OF JUSTICE!

Chance: 25%

The Crimson Chin is in a similar position to any Jimmy Neutron character: the main character isn't around, and said main character is highly requested and would sell better as DLC, so they can't pull a "side character over main character" wildcard pick.
That said, The Chin has a hell of a good shot to be the next FOP character in line once Timmy is accounted for. Maybe not in this game depending on how far the DLC goes, but most certainly in a sequel. The Chin has a lot of competition, yes, but he feels particularly head and shoulders above the other FOP characters due to him being a superhero and having a lot to work with, a popular recurring character (he's more or less the Reptar of FOP, a character used to draw out hype for a show that otherwise wouldn't generate it), and the fact that he probably has the most fan demand out of any FOP character who isn't Timmy.

Want: 85%
Are you kidding me? The Crimson Chin being able to fight Reptar and Powdered Toast Man is enough reason to want him in! This is the stuff crossover games like this are all about!

Dog GIR Prediction: 10%

I'm out of characters I'm serious about, so screw it, 5x noms to Stick Stickly.
EDIT: Lowering GIR's score a bit.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As a playable character, I'm pretty sure.
LimeTH LimeTH you were nominating Dog GIR as a playable character, correct?
Playable character.

Thought process was that since they didn't change him in ZIM's alt and opted for a reference to Duty Mode instead, it's possible they could be leaving the Dog Disguise open for a playable appearance down the line, similar to the Squidward's clarinet situation.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The mightiest chin

Chance: 20%

Assuming we get enough DLC characters for a second FoP rep to happen, this is possible. The Crimson Chin is an iconic and beloved character from the show who has a lot of personality and moveset potential. The only major concern is competition with characters like Timmy's dad and Jorgen von Strangle.

Want: 75%

Insert mandatory comment about Timmy needing to get in first. Otherwise, yes I give the Crimson Chin my approval. He's a fun superhero parody who even had a couple episodes where the cast imitated the Justice League which was very cool to see. That, and the whole concept behind his superpower is so dumb it's charming in a way.

Prediction: GIR disguise - 5%

Noms: Kappa Mikey x5

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Crimson Chin

Chance: 10% -
Definitely not before Timmy! So I'm gonna have to keep his score low. However, when we get a second FOP rep down the line I can definitely see him being one of the frontrunners! He's sort of a second mascot for the show and even got a web-based spinoff for awhile, along with several episodes centered around him. He's also very battle-ready so coming up with a moveset for him wouldn't be difficult. He also has a decent amount of fan demand so that always helps!

There's really only two things that are standing in the Chin's way. First, Timmy isn't in yet, and he's still got competition for a second FOP slot. The show has a lot of major characters with plenty of moveset potential such as Mr. Crocker, Vicky, Mark Chang, Jorgen von Strangle, and much more. So once Timmy's in his supporters are just as likely to move to his competition as they are to him. The other thing is that the DLC is likely to focus on getting new series in and not as likely to double-dip on existing ones. We'd get Timmy as DLC, so if we do I don't see us getting him so soon, unless they decide to add more onto what was already planned. Furthermore, even in that category he has competition with the Big Four/Five of already represented franchises: Squidward, Zuko, Vlad, and Luna Loud/Clyde McBride. The Chin would be way more likely if Timmy got into base game, but at this stage I don't see him snagging a spot.

Want: 50% - The Crimson Chin-themed episodes were always some of the most interesting ones, and I love how the one involving the Nega-chin got continuation in a later episode. His antics were always entertaining, so he'd definitely make for a welcome edition to the game! Though right now my priorities lay in other places, such as getting Timmy himself in, along with other Big Four members, Zuko, Vlad, Squid, etc. He's a great character but I don't think there's gonna be room for him unless the DLC gets a big extension. And that will happen if people buy the DLC (if it's anything Viacom will listen to, it's money), so we need to get the heavy hitters in to show how much the DLC will sell, and thus open up more slots!

Nominations:
Yakkity Yak x15
Clyde McBride x10
Otto Rocket x5

Predictions:
Dog Disguise GIR - 1.48% - His entire foundation relies on evidence that is shaky at best (if not downright disproven by the Fenton Thermos) and all support for a second Zim rep rests behind Dib or his dad. Expecting some pretty bad scores.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Man from Chinchinnati
Chance: 5%

I'm not expecting Fairly OddParents to get multiple reps in this game, and if we're only getting one FOP character, everyone knows it's gonna be Timmy (most likely with the fairies in tow). That said, when the time comes for FOP to get a second character, I think it's pretty much a race between Jorgen and Mr. Chin over here. (No, not Timmy's Dad. That guy's a distant fourth if anything and you're kidding yourself if you think he has a legit shot at this point.) They're both super large buff men who would fit right in a game like this, and while Jorgen is more recurring (I think), the Chin's more popular and arguably fits better in a fighting game with his action-packed aesthetic and superhero origins. That said, though, this isn't really the game for his inclusion when there are more obvious and obligatory picks still waiting in the wings.

Want: 60%
While I'm pretty neutral on the prospect of most FOP reps, the Crimson Chin I actually think could be pretty cool. The episodes with the Crimson Chin in them are some of the few I actually remember from when I watched the show religiously as a kid, so that kinda says something right there. I mean, he's a Superman knockoff with a very large and powerful chin he can use to fight people with. How could I NOT want that at least a little bit? He even has an obvious choice for an alt costume - the Nega-Chin (technically not the same character, but close enough that I think Nick would allow an alt at least referencing the guy). At this point, I'm DYING for a match between this dude and Powdered Toast Man. Let the weird in-universe superhero fight commence!

GIR Prediction: 2%
Dude's already in Zim's moveset and the only thing he has going for him is that his most iconic appearance isn't in the game yet. Personally, though, I doubt this means they have anything in the pipeline for him and the devs are probably fine just keeping him part of Zim's kit for the time being.

Once again, noms to Professor Membrane

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chin

Chance: 10%
Everything everyone's ever said about Timmy's Dad applies: Timmy isn't in yet. That creates an obvious vacuum to the point where it's hard to tell who's next. Once he's in we might get a grasp on who's popular for the next pick (if there even is one). But Chin is definitely up there.

Want: 75%
Timmy first. But I love Crimson Chin and all the episodes related to him were great (the part where the Chins of every decade showed up is unforgettable).

Noms: Otto Rocket
Prediction: 14.76%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
The Crimson Chin

Chance - 5% - Mr. Charles Hampton Indigo is at least a reasonable request compared to Mr. Turner. A superhero has at least some merit to a fun move set, and he is a notable reoccurring character in the series. The only problem is, again, Timmy needs to get in first.

Want - 75% - He's not my most wanted for next after Timmy, but he's up there. I'll take him.

Predictions

Dogsuit GIR - 2.27% - Not likely due to GIR already being part of ZIM.

Nominations

DreamWorks Character X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chin Man
Chance: 12.5%
Unlike Timmy's Dad, the Crimson Chin actually does have a decent amount of requests. However, Timmy is still a big obstacle in his way. There's no way Timmy won't be the first FOP character in the game. I could see Chin getting added later on down the line, but who knows how much D:C we'll actually get.
Want: 65%
Chin is a pretty cool guy. It would be nice to see him in the game eventually.

Dog GIR prediction: 3%
Noms: Kappa Mikey x5
DAY OVER
Rate Dog Disguise GIR, predict Otto Rocket and Professor Membrane.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
GIR: 6%
I dunno, this sounds conspiratorial - like a "Porky isn't a Spirit so he must be DLC" sorta thing. There are all sorts of reasons Duty Mode GIR could've been chosen over Dog GIR as an alt (perhaps he was intended to be Bloody GIR but got censored, perhaps giving GIR an alt at all was a last minute decision, perhaps someone on the team just really likes their red eyed robots, so on) - I'm giving GIR as a whole a 6% instead of just Dog GIR as he is a super popular and marketable Nickelodeon character when you put aside the conspiracy theories, but the problem is that GIR isn't just a projectile, but one of the most complex projectiles in the game with multiple animations - meaning that if GIR were replaced, a whole new character would have to be animated (I guess Minimoose would probably be the top contender on virtue of already having a model for Zim's down strong and not moving his limbs much?) or GIR would be replaced by a generic "moving bomb" with no personality, and either is probably enough to draw Ludosity away from choosing a character.

Noms:
Any kind of Patrick Show and/or Kamp Koral representation x 3, Dr. Paula Hutchison x 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tacos, Waffles and other such XD Random things.

Chance- 5%

I don't know if i quite subscribe to the theories about them deliberately holding off on the costume for a playable spot. It's certainly not something i can say for sure isn't the case, as no one really knows what the devs are thinking, other than the devs themselves obviously. But I just wonder if they may feel the role he currently fills is enough, he's Zim motion, that's what he does, though they apparently did briefly consider the little robot for a playable spot at one time. Us getting a second Invader Zim rep at all isn't a sure thing to begin with, and there are characters like Dib they could go for.

Want - 35%

I like Gir! He's funny! But I'm pretty fine with the representation he currently has. I'd be fine with it if they did decide to add him, I'd probably even play as him, but I'd prefer the DLC picks to be new series and characters with no role in the game as of yet.

Noms to Kappa Mikey

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Okay, here we go, long post incoming.

TO MAKE ROOM FOR CUPCAKE! aka Goth Hello Kitty
Chance: 10%

Yeah alright, I know this is a SUPER long shot, but I figure it's as likely as any other Invader ZIM character is, since they all seem pretty unlikely for whatever reason. IZ's crossover representation has always been very scattershot. Not even ZIM himself shows up every time an IZ character does. In fact, Dog Disguise GIR was brought up as possible competition for Dib while he was being rated in this very thread.
I'm giving this a low score because that's just common sense, but I wanna spitball at you guys anyway. Get some discussion going beyond "it's not happening, 0%"
Here's some stuff to think about regarding Dog Disguise GIR.

If GIR weren't already part of ZIM's moveset, he'd be THE top contender for a second IZ character. Like if GIR wasn't present in the game at all, we'd be putting him among the likes of Zuko and Squidward. GIR is one of the most popular Nickelodeon characters period. People love this idiot robot.
Alas, GIR is merely a controllable projectile in ZIM's kit, which killed any sort of fan demand dead in the water.
That being said, Dog Disguise GIR feels like the most natural way to put GIR back in the running as a playable character. Robot GIR can stay a projectile in ZIM's kit while Dog GIR takes the playable spotlight.

For starters, and the most obvious thing to point out, is that ZIM's human disguise alt does not change GIR into Dog Disguise GIR, and rather settles for a Duty Mode reference. This could mean either one of two things
1. They weren't able to/didn't want to model an entirely new Dog GIR model for a simple alt
2. Nick told them to save Dog GIR for something else, like they did with Squidward's clarinet/the devs wanted to save Dog GIR for the future.
While option 1 is entirely likely if not flat out the truth, it does put a spotlight on the fact that they could use Dog GIR as a way to give the character a playable appearance.

The Dog suit is arguably the more iconic and well-remembered form of GIR, is definitely the most merchandised, and is visually distinct from robot GIR, enough so to avoid any confusion when both GIRs are on-screen at a time, making a Samus/ZSS situation easy to pull off.

1647982223551.png
1647982234883.png

Dog GIR has historically and bafflingly made very few video game appearances, going almost exclusively for GIR au naturale. This is opposed to the merchandise, which is almost exclusively the Dog suit, since the little ragdoll puppy is easier to sell to the Hot Topic crowd than the robot. You'd think they'd try to capitalize on that more with video game appearances, which brings up the possibility that Nick decided now is the time to do so with so many eyes on this game. Casual observers will see Dog GIR, recgonize the puppy thing that was on all their t-shirts in middle school, and become interested.

Someone brought up the Fenton Thermos being both an item and in Danny's moveset disproves the Squidward's clarinet argument. In some ways it does, in some ways it sort of strengthens GIR's possibility since something CAN be both part of a character's moveset and a separate entity within the game, and that in fact one item, the Lawn Gnome, is already a part of ZIM's kit that is becoming a standalone item.
Though I'll concede that lack of consistency does pretty much render the argument invalid until we actually see items/Squidward happen.

Finally, GIR got not one, but two fakeouts in the leadup to launch, twice appearing separate from ZIM as if he were his own entity. It's possible the thought of a playable GIR is somewhere on the dev's minds.

THAT BEING SAID
GIR being a part of ZIM's kit altogether does very VERY much dash his overall chances, with or without the disguise. GIR plays a pretty significant role in ZIM's playstyle, and is semi-controllable, so this may have been their intention for him all along. GIR even gets a subsection in ZIM's patch notes. it communicates a great deal that a fully playable GIR is probably not a priority.
The item/Squidward/Fenton Thermos/Gnome argument doesn't hold quite as much water as I'd have hoped, and the deal with the alt is probably just that taking the GIR model they already had and making his eyes red was the easier option. Dog GIR also appears as an unlockable online avatar, which probably further shows that he's not a priority to the Devs.
At least definitely not for this game, unless DLC extends into infinity. A sequel is Dog GIR's best shot.

In the end, it's GIR. GIR is the Pikachu of Invader ZIM and one of Nick's biggest moneymaker characters. Nick knows how well loved he is, otherwise they wouldn't be slapping his mug onto everything they can sell to an emo (literally ZIM himself, the titular character, gets like 1/4 of the merch GIR does. How many people out there think the green dog is "Invader ZIM"?). Figuring out a way to get GIR in somehow down the line feels just as likely as putting in the less popular Dib or any more minor IZ characters. (This, again, was even brought up several times while Dib was being rated) But with his prominent role in ZIM's moveset, it'll be a while before that happens, if it ever does.

Want: 100%
Look, I'm not gonna lie to you people, GIR is my all time favorite Nickelodeon character. Of course I want him in. He's my second most wanted after Daggett, and if GIR weren't already in ZIM's kit, he'd have been number one. Daggett is at least still possible by virtue of being totally absent.
I don't think them using the very different looking Dog Disguise as a way to have their cake and eat it too regarding GIR is 100% out of the question, it makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I'm incredibly aware it's very unlikely to happen, but... I dunno, the heart wants what it wants, and I want the dumbass zipper dog.

TLDR: Dog Disguise GIR may not be as unlikely as he seems, but it's still a long shot. Also I want him a lot.

Predictions
Professor Membrane: 10%
Otto Rocket: 35%

I kinda wanna keep the ZIM train rolling, so 5x noms for Gaz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom