• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Don't know much about Doug so I don't have any ammo for a joke

Chance: 1%

Doug is notable for being one of Nick's first animated shows and it lasted for close to a decade so good on him. Unfortunately this is Disney that we are talking about. Now I didn't even think of this but other people bring up a very good point that Viacom is a competitor to Disney so that right there is...oof. But my big issue is the budget. NASB simply has a lackluster budget so even if Disney was cooperative and they offered a cost that is seen as "generous" to them, the devs may not still be able to afford Doug because NASB has the budget of a ham and cheese sandwich. Other than that, I don't have anything unique to say. They should just save that money and use it towards getting characters like Timmy in the game

Want: Abstain

Yeah I'm a little too young to have seen this show. It looks like a good show but at the same time the art style is unappealing to me so honestly I don't care to give it a chance either. So I'm completely neutral.

Noms: The Box Ghost x5

LimeTH

Smash Lord
DOUGLAS YANCEY FUNNIE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR-

Doug is both the Banjo and the Sora of this game. His inclusion would be heralded as a homecoming, and that he's got the roadblock of being under the thumb of the Mouse.
While I don't think a low priority character like Doug is going to cost them as much as a juggernaut of popularity like Sora probably cost Nintendo, this is still Disney we're talking about. Viacom is a direct competitor, and NASB has a 62 cent budget. They'd have to spend their VA budget and their Timmy/Jenny budget to get Doug, and we don't know if they got a sweet talker like Sakurai who can convince the suits at Disney to play ball. I don't think it's impossible, but it very well may be.

Want: 50%
I actually did enjoy Doug as a kid. I followed it from Nick to Disney, and even saw that ****ing bizarre live show they had at Disney World for a while. I barely remember anything about it beyond a few scattered moments and catchphrases ("'ey Doug! Honk honk!") so while I'm not frothing at the mouth to see him like I am for Daggett, I'd still be on board to see Doug come home.

Dib prediction: 45%. Man, I really want another ZIM character

5x noms to Daggett.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think Disney would be as hard a hurdle to get over as people say, in fact in a vacuum it probably wouldn't be hard to license out what is basically a Y-tier Disney IP... however, Doug is not Sora or Banjo, he's not in high demand - nor are any of his other Bluffington friends - partially because the fanbase is mostly 2000s kids, but even ignoring that the 90s fans in the fandom aren't super die-hard on Douglas or his alter egos either. Even if there was no Nelvana stuff and Doug was the sole off-limits character, is it really worth it from a budgetary standpoint to go for Doug? This isn't Smash, which can afford licensing out an occasional sleeper pick, this is a budget title and with voice acting likely already taking a decent chunk out of the DLC budget they've gotta spend wisely. Even if the Nick higher-ups could pay for Doug on the devs' behalf, why would they want to spend that on Doug in NASB when they could do a Mickey Mouse and SpongeBob crossover or whatever?

3 noms for Silver Ball representation, 1 for Rango, and 1 for Dora.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Even if the Nick higher-ups could pay for Doug on the devs' behalf, why would they want to spend that on Doug in NASB when they could do a Mickey Mouse and SpongeBob crossover or whatever?
You think the same company that acts like game budgets haven't changed since the 6th gen would bother spending the money to put Mickey in a Nick game?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Douglas Funnie, Destroyer of Grills

I'm willing to give him a % simply because he's at least got more putting him in the conversation than someone like Kelpy G does. That said, he's almost certainly not happening. Given that this game's budget seems to equate to roughly two toothpicks, the devs aren't gonna shell out the cash for Doug when there are less expensive, more essential characters like Jenny and Timmy in the wings. Even if Disney were willing to hand him out basically for free, Doug doesn't score too high on fan polls and people aren't exactly clamoring for his inclusion. The only way I see Doug getting in this game is if NASB suddenly blows up beyond all belief, becomes the most popular fighting game known to man, and gets a long enough run and a big enough budget to justify talking to Disney about putting him in the game. And I don't think I have to tell you all how unlikely a scenario that is.

I've never seen an episode of Doug and the only reason I can think of to care about his inclusion is for the nonzero chance that Mr. Dink shows up. Other than that, I don't care.

Dib Prediction: 29%
People here seem oddly confident in already represented series getting more characters this time, so I can see Dib's chances being inflated a bit because of that. Zim's also pretty popular with the Hot Topic kids, so people will probably try to use that point in his favor.

Noms to Zuko.

DOUGLAS YANCEY FUNNIE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR-
Well, I didn't expect to see THAT video referenced in this thread.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People here seem oddly confident in already represented series getting more characters this time,
To be fair, all a franchise can be represented with in this game is fighters and stages. Any assumptions that a character's chances are done because a franchise already has songs and spirits don't apply here.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
To be fair, all a franchise can be represented with in this game is fighters and stages. Any assumptions that a character's chances are done because a franchise already has songs and spirits don't apply here.
I get that, I just don't think the devs will prioritize adding characters from already represented series when there are so many yet unrepresented series that are seen as must-haves for a Nickelodeon crossover (Jimmy Neutron, Rocko, FOP, etc.). It's a case of first game syndrome where they need to cast their net wide instead of long, if that makes sense. (I'm also not expecting this game to get more than like, 6 paid DLC characters unless something changes for it and fast, so that's admittedly part of it.)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well, I didn't expect to see THAT video referenced in this thread.
I couldn't even find it again before making said reference, so I'm glad somebody got it.

That's also the only line I can remember from it. S'been a while.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Doug

Chance - 0.5% - Doug would probably be a top contender due to being the first Nicktoon, were he not bought by the House of Mouse. The game thus far has seem to have been given a shoestring budget and low priority. As a result, the only way he's getting in is if we get a similar recognition as Ultimate did (which ain't happening this early).

Want - 50% - Eh. I never watched it. I don't care enough.

Predictions

Dib - 19.83% - I have no idea...

Nominations

Harvey Beaks X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
What does the Doug button do?
Chance: 0.01%
While I could see a few non-Viacom characters eventually happening, Doug is not one of them. I don't see anyone trying to work with Disney to get Doug into this game. Especially considering Doug isn't really highly demanded. The only way I could see Doug ever happening is if Disney decides to sell Doug back to Viacom for some reason.

Dib prediction: 30%
Noms: Luan Loud x4, Catscratch trio x1
DAY OVER
Rate Dib Membrane from Invader Zim, predict the Catscratch Trio.

D

Deleted member

c5e.jpg

Dib
25%

If Invader Zim was to get a second rep, it would absolutely be Dib in my opinion. Only other pick I could see is Gir, who is already out of the running due to being part of Zim's moveset. Dib is basically the co lead of the show anyway. But the problem is: I don't really see Zim getting a second character. I have a feeling that they may feel that Zim himself is enough to rep the franchise. But if this game keeps going long enough, I feel there is a chance they may revist the franchise.

Want - 70%
I LOVED Invader Zim when I was younger, and even if I've grown out of it a bit, I'll allways have a soft spot for it. Dib is a really fun character. Part of me kind of wonders how they would make him stand out from Zim, but I'm sure its doable. I'd be happy with his addition.

Noms to the Chin.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
who is already out of the running due to being part of Zim's moveset
The fact that disguised Zim doesn't summon disguised GIR could be a way to work around such a situation, even though the most likely reason that happened was that GIR's disguise would need more modeling work. Anyway...

Dib-Brain
Chance: 25%
Well, alongside GIR being competition for a second Zim rep assuming they do use his disguise to distinguish his two roles, there's also Gaz to consider as well. She was popular enough to be Invader Zim's second rep in Nicktoons MLB, and that's kind of a big deal considering Invader Zim is usually represented by Zim alone in crossovers. Oh yeah, and there's that to consider, not to mention we don't know yet what the deal will be with expanding franchise representation in this DLC.

However, I do think Enter the Florpus has potential to be a point in Dib's favor. It's set up in a way that you could consider the Membranes the "protagonists" of the story and Zim the antagonist, despite the show making it where Zim is a villain protagonist and Dib a hero antagonist.

Want: 50%
Honestly I'd be fine with Zim just being repped by Zim himself.

Noms: Ultra Lord X5

D

Deleted member

The fact that disguised Zim doesn't summon disguised GIR could be a way to work around such a situation, even though the most likely reason that happened was that GIR's disguise would need more modeling work. Anyway...
This is true! Not quite sure I see it but it's a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
DI-DI-DI-DI-DI-DIIIIIII-DIB!

Chance: 40%

I think if we're getting another ZIM character, Dib stands about the best shot, next to Dog Disguise GIR (who isn't part of ZIM's alt costume in favor of a reference to Duty Mode GIR, which brings to mind the Squidward's clarinet thing). Dib has been featured in crossovers before and was a playable character in Globs of Doom (on the villains' side for some inexplicable reason that even he himself points out makes no sense).
It's not like Dib would have to stretch much for moves, there are plenty of times he's been put into combat situations they could pull from.

Want: 100%
Invader ZIM is my all time favorite Nicktoon, full of dementedly hilarious characters. I want another ZIM character really bad. ZIM being in at all is great, but he's so often alone in crossovers (except that one time it was GIR alone) that it feels like kind of a waste. Dib would be hilarious to play as and it'd cement ZIM as a "villain rep" since Dib has been taking up the protagonist role ever since the comic book started.

Catscratch Trio: 25%

Since today is a ZIM day, I'm gonna break my streak and give my 5x noms to Dog Disguise GIR

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Dib Membrane

Chance: 30% -
Invader Zim remains relevant, both through the cult following it has had and the recent Enter the Florpus movie, which, as mentioned earlier, penned Dib as the protagonist that time. He also remains a popular character within the Zim fanbase and I see him placing relatively well on popularity polls. I see some point out that Gaz is a threat (and Nicktoons MLB is a good point, given that we also got Powdered Toast Man, another crossover veteran from that game), but the devs are receptive to fan demand and Dib (along with his dad occasionally) being the one people are pushing for. Combine that with Gir being stuck in Zim's moveset and we have our clear frontrunner for the franchise. A franchise that Nick loves to push merchandise for. Granted, it really depends on how much the devs wanna add a Zim rep, or if DLC plans include second reps for smaller franchises. Still, if they do, I'd say Dib has a decent shot.

Want: 10% - I hated Invader Zim as a kid (aside from a random comic) and I can't say my opinion has changed much. The show was just too grotesque, dark, and depressing for me to enjoy. Furthermore, I'm a fan of Danny Phantom, another Nick show that tends to end up with just one rep in Nick crossovers, only to a more extreme degree, so if any series with one rep is gonna get another, I hope it's Danny instead. There's also other priorities right now, with several lynchpins and other iconic Nick characters having yet to join the roster, I don't see much of an urgency to add Dib or more Zim content in general. I will give him 10% though, I did feel bad for him in the show itself, and I'd probably say he was my favorite character in it sans GIR.

Nominations:
Luna Loud x5
Yakkity Yak x5

Predictions:
Catscratch Trio - 17.27% - Catscratch is a niche show with a cult following, but Nick doesn't give it much love nowadays, and it isn't on Paramount+, along with being overshadowed by other fan favorites, so I don't expect much confidence.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
MY NAME IS DIB MEMBRANE! I'M 12 YEARS OLD!
Chance: 15%

I'm pretty pessimistic on the idea of already represented non-SpongeBob/Avatar series getting more reps as paid DLC, but even if they do, I'm not sure if Zim's gonna be among them. For how popular the show is, Zim's usually on his lonesome in Nickelodeon crossovers other than the handful of times he's been accompanied by GIR (and Gaz that one time). Dib himself's been surprisingly absent from games where Zim shows up, only appearing in Globs of Doom and nothing else. That said, in this scenario, he does have an advantage in that GIR's already out of the running (more or less) and practically no one else in his series has the moveset potential to make a character out of. If Zim does get another character, it's probably gonna be Dib, but the prevailing question is... will it? I suppose it could, but at the same time, I'd expect other series like Danny Phantom or The Loud House to get another one before Zim does. Still, I dunno, it could happen.

Want: 55%
I like Invader Zim as much as the next guy and Dib's an entertaining enough foil, and while I wouldn't exactly complain if Dib got in, frankly I'd pop off way harder at Professor Membrane. (Imagine that "NOT SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE!" move as a Strong Dash Attack or an Fstrong. Dib couldn't do that justice if he tried.)

Catscratch Prediction: 12.2%
I don't think anyone really remembers this show, including Viacom themselves. Combine that with the fact that it's fairly old by this point and isn't popularly requested, and I'm not expecting very high scores tomorrow.

Once again, noms to Zuko.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Calculations are here.
Doug
Chance: 0.50%
Want: 37.50%
Winner of predictions is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , who predicted 0%, you get 10 extra noms.

Doug is now the character with the lowest chance score, which makes sense considering he's the first character we've rated to not be owned by Nickelodeon.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dapper Dib

Chance: 30%

Despite being cut short which is something that is common with Nick shows, Invader Zim was quite popular. It won awards, has a following and even got a recent critically acclaimed film. But will Invader Zim get another character? Maybe, but I'm not sure if it would be a priority for the dev team.

Want: 25%

I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot. It's probably one of my favorite Nick shows. But honestly I'm perfectly fine with Zim being the sole rep for his series. Dib is a good character with him being a good mix of smarts while occasionally acting insane at times. But I'm not dying to see him become playable.

Prediction: Catscratch trio - 13%

Noms: The Box Ghost x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I haven't watched enough of Invader Zim to know the characters so I'll abstain. Anecdotally, the one character (besides Zim) that I know by name is Gaz so my instinct is that she's the best known character out of all the candidates and thus would be chosen. Still abstaining though.

Noms: the angry beaver with most noms
Predictions: I could google what catscratch is but I'm not gonna. 16.7%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dib Membrane

Chance - 15% - Dib is seen as the obvious second choice of character for Zim. He's the show's hero antagonist to Zim's villain protagonist, and what might be seen as his biggest coemption in Gir was made into a puppet trap that Zim controls. While an oddball could come back or Gir gain his dogsuit to distinguish him from his current incarnation, Dib is well placed to get in if Zim would come back. The main obstacle is that Zim is mostly seen as fine with just him as of now, and right now there is more focus on including more franchises rather than expanding the current series. Zim suffers a bit due to cult status and being out of it until Florpus came, he's simply not as demanded as others. If we get another Zim character, it's him, but it's unlikely we will get anyone else.

Want - 75% - He could be cool. That said, my preferred Zim character is a longshot want in Miss Bitters. I have no strong feelings otherwise.

Predictions

Cat scratch Trio - 2.35% - This is for the three of them as one character, right?

Nominations

Harvey Beaks X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Abstaining from The Crispy Dib because it's taking me too long to rate him.
Catscratch prediction: 10%
Noms: Luan Loud x5
DAY OVER
Rate The Catscratch Trio (Waffle & Gordon & Mr. Blik as a single character). Predict The Box Ghost and Dagget Beaver.

D

Deleted member

"Gordon and Waffle and Mr. Blik!"

Chance - 8%
With many shows still viying for a spot, I don' think Catscratch has a ton of a chance. The show ran for one season only. It doesn't seem to be one that gets talked about much anymore. Mr. Blik did make it into a Nicktoons crossover once before, with the DS version of Attack of the Toybots, but that was back when the show was a hot new thing the Network wanted to promote. Now it's not even on Paramount Plus. Personally if this show was to get a rep I think we'd get solo Mr. Blik, but there are a lot of other shows I think they'd do first.

Want - 35%

I actually have memories of watching this show! I remember enjoying it but I was pretty young. I don't actually remember enough about it to really know what they would do as fighters, but I trust this team to come up with something fun. Also Mr. Blik is voiced by Newman and that's wonderful.

Noms to Chin

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Abstain. Box Ghost prediction: 16% (Literal joke character - which is a bit of an advantage, but mostly a disadvantage)

3 noms for KCAs stage, 2 noms for sitcom stage - gonna shoot for a double day here.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Catscratch Trio

Chance: 10%
Want: 5%

I have seen very little Catscratch, but I know an interesting fact about it. It's based on a comic book called Gear by Doug TenNapel, the creator of Earthworm Jim. Now I don't know if this has any bearing on if Catscratch is even still owned by Nick or if the rights went back to TenNapel, or if not wanting to endorse TenNapel's alt-right views and bigoted remarks have anything to do with the fact the show has fallen off the face of the Earth and isn't even on streaming anywhere. Catscratch only had one season, and while it has a cult following, it isn't really talked about much. The show just has a lot going against it.

Now if we DO get a Catscratch character, the idea of all three main characters stuffed together into one trio character seems honestly unlikely. We'd probably get one and be done, and I can't see these three stacked up onto each other like Ren riding on Stimpy's back working.

Do I want a Catscratch character? Not particularly. I just have no real connection to it. I've seen bits and pieces and that's it.

Predictions

Man, if I hadn't broken the streak Dag coulda pushed through and gotten a solo day! Damn!

Daggett: 55%
Box Ghost: 1%

Dag's up next, so 5x more for Dog Disguise GIR.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Scratching cats

Chance: 10%

Yeah I don't think this requires much explanation. Only got one season, was quickly forgotten by Nick, and isn't that highly requested. The show has a cult following but that's about it. Doesn't seem like something that would be a high priority for the dev team.

In terms of how they would work, there's some options. The simple solution would be to simply choose one of the cats and call it a day, but that wouldn't count for this rating I'd think since we are talking about all three. Another option would be to have them all fighting at once but that may be too difficult to implement on multiple levels. The best choice would be to just go with a Pokemon Trainer situation, but that would mean more work than the average fighter so it may not be seen as worth it to get the trio into the game.

Want: 90%

I've only watched a few episodes when I was younger but from what I saw I got a kick out of it. This show is bat**** crazy with the directions it goes in, I dig it. They could easily come up with a wack moveset for these goofballs, I'm down for it.

Predictions:
The Box Ghost - 13% (I didn't know this, but apparently he is a stage cameo? So that's going to be fun to discuss)
Dagget Beaver - 25% I guess

Noms: Timmy's dad x15 (Using extra noms)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just got the pun in the title

Chance: 5%
Catscratch isn't a huge or iconic show for Nick or even for its era. It has at best a cult following, but not much larger than other shows we've discussed. Now this wouldn't normally be an issue as the devs like their offbeat picks and there's always the possibility that one of them is part of said cult following. But here's the deal: Catscratch is not an original show. It's a licensed show based on a comic strip by Doug Tennapel. This means to get them Nick needs to shell out cash, and yeah, much like Doug Funny, I don't see this as a "spend actual money" tier property. There's also the fact that Doug Tennapel is squarely in the canceled territory (I think it was kid stuff? I don't remember what but it was bad) so they likely don't want to associate with him and definitely don't want to fill his pockets.

Also this is as a trio which means we have to take into account the possibility that just one of the three gets in. That said, I can see Ludosity making a trio fighter work for these guys, they're crafty devs.

Want: abstain
I didn't watch this as a kid because I thought the voices were annoying but I heard some great things about the writing since so I'll abstain

Beaver prediction: 30%
Box Ghost prediction: 0.5%

Noms: Otto Rocket

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Cats Who Scratch
Chance: 5%

I'll be honest y'all, outside this thread, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about Catscratch. Like, ever. That tells me that it isn't really even cult status, it's just kind of fallen by the wayside. Even Viacom doesn't seem to remember it exists, seeing as it isn't on their dedicated streaming platform. Combine that with the fact that it only got one season when it was still airing and you've got a show that has a pretty negligible chance of showing up in this game. As for the concept of a trio character itself, if the devs were to represent the show, I figure that's probably what they would do, but also that'd take up a lot of devtime and I haven't seen enough of the show to know if one of the three cats would be up for consideration over the others.

The most exposure I had to Catscratch growing up was that I got a McDonald's toy of the grey one that you'd pull his arm down and he'd do the funny armpit farting noise. Isn't that hilarious? Peak comedy right there. Oh yeah, the rating. Abstain.

Box Ghost Prediction: 6.82%
People here seem pretty set on Danny Phantom getting another rep, but I doubt many expect it'll be the Box Ghost. Still, I dunno, maybe I'll be horribly off-base again just like the other three times we've rated a Danny Phantom character.

Dagget Prediction: 22%
The 90's are definitely the devs' favorite Nickelodeon period, but Angry Beavers was never the most popular nor the most successful Nicktoon to come out of it. Still, it just being 90's is enough to at least put them in the conversation.

I use my extra noms not to boost up Zuko, but instead to put Professor Membrane on the board.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Catscratch Trio

Chance - 0.5% - Putting aside how likely Catscratch is getting a character in the first place, putting the three of them together as a single character seems super unlikely to me. Even if a moveset were to be given to a Catscratch character, overall each individual cat has enough personality and individuality to carry themselves without the others supporting them. Whether it would be Mr. Blik's selfish and greedy incompetence, Gordon Quid's Sottishness, or Waffle's high-energy dimwittedness and love of newts, I think each of them are strong enough characters to stand alone.

Want - 50% - Eh. I like Catscratch, but I would rather focus on one cat instead of use all three at once.

Predictions

The Box Ghost - 3.53% - Heavily hampered by already being a stage character.

Dagget - 8.24% - I have no idea.

Nominations

Harvey Beaks X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Catscratch Trio

Chance: 10% -
This is a fair score to give the show. I have seen it mentioned a few times in NASB circles but not to the extent of other cult classic shows, so fan demand isn't on the show's side. As for Ludosity? They do like their more niche picks, but it could go both ways. On one hand, they DO have emotes on the official server, so Ludosity is well aware of them. But on the other hand, their bias lays squarely in the 90's, so it may get looked over, especially since there are bigger characters to add. I've seen it brought up that the show technically counts as licensed since it's based on Doug TenNapel's comic series Gear. There may be some licensing kerfuffles, but I will say that the show was VERY loosely based on the comic. To the point that the three cats and their car are the only carryovers. So the legal situation is up in the air. And speaking of Doug, I know some people may cite his controversial nature as a hindrance to Catscratch's chances, but we already have several characters from other controversial creators, so what's one more? I doubt it'd be a major issue.

But overall, Nick's treatment of the show has been back and forth. On one hand, it only got one season, which was spread out over a longer period, and doesn't get the most promotion. It isn't even on Paramount+ (thought it could be for legal reasons). On the other hand, when it was airing, new episodes were well promoted, and it got a coveted Friday Night Nicktoons premiere slot, along with a few rerun slots on Saturday mornings. It even got a McDonalds toy promotion, and Mr. Blik was playable in the DS version fo Attack of the Toybots. As a more niche Nicktoon, that isn't bad at all!

Overall, I think the lack of fan demand and network pressure hurts their chances most, but Ludosity is aware of them, so I can see them finding a way in!

Want: 90% - Only docking some points off since there's bigger priorities at the moment. I absolutely loved Catscratch when I was a kid, and I think it'd make for a fantastic addition to the roster! The three cats have so many goofy things going for them! Blink has their Monster truck Gear, along with various military gadgets and whatnot. Gordon has his armor and sword, along with various foods and Scottish gimmicks to make him an up close bulky hitter! And Waffle is the most goofy and stretchy, with wiggly limbs, his newts, and much much more! "CUE LASER LIGHTSHOW!" Plus they all have a huge love of root beer, so plenty of silly moves with that could be used, too! There's so much material to pull from! It'd be difficult to have all three fighting at once so a Pokemon Trainer situation would be best suited for them. Which could easily lead to having their butler Hovis in the background Trainer-style, "chaperoning" the three cats! There's so much room for great ideas and I'd love to see what Ludosity can come up with. Plus the 2000's need more love!

Nominations:
Luna Loud x5
Yakkity Yak x5

Predictions:
The Box Ghost - 7.28% - There's plenty of confidence in the possibility of another Danny Phantom rep, though the Box Ghost is a stage cameo, so I'm expecting plenty of debate about that.

Dagget Beaver - 17.95% - He's a 90's character, and while his show isn't the most acclaimed of its' era I'm expecting some higher than expected ratings because of it.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Abstaining again.

Box Ghost prediction: 10%
Dagget prediction: 12%
Noms: Luan Loud x5
DAY OVER
Rate The Box Ghost from Danny Phantom and Dagget from Angry Beavers. Predict Harvey Beaks.

D

Deleted member

"I am the Box Ghost! Beware!"
Chance 5% -
A joke character, and one who makes a stage cameo at that. While the team do like their meme references, I think Danny Phantom has enough strong candidates for a potential second character, such as the three we've already covered, that I don't see them going for a pick like this.

Want - 10%
He's funny but I'd much rather see a different character get the nod. I don't see him having much moveset potential compared to other characters.

"MUSCULAR BEAVER, WOOSH!"
Chance - 40%
Angry Beavers does feel like it's in the right spot to get a character. The devs have shown a fondness towards 90's cartoons, and there are only a few of them left. I do hear them come up in reference to requested characters quite a lot. Only issue is which of the two Beavers. I don't see any particular reason you go with one over the other. I guess Dag could work solo, he's the more fighty of the two if I remember correctly, they could have him turn into Musclar Beaver. But I honestly think they should and would pull a Ren & Stimpy with them, their reasonship is pretty core to the show.

Want- 40%
Never really watched the show, only seen little bits here and there, but I'm always down for new seires to get added, and it seems like it would make people happy so sure.

Noms to Crimson Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom