• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Oh Timmyyyy! I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your parent by coming in anywaaaaayyyy!

Chance: 10%

Timmy himself isn't even in the game yet, and if we get a second FoP spot, there are too many other possibilities for a secondary character to choose from. The Crimson Chin, Vicky, Crocker, Jorgen von Strangle, Mark Chang, FoP has a lot of characters to choose from. (Also similarly to how I said, going by the trend of 90's reps not being the protags, if Rocko's Modern Life got a character in the base game, it wouldn't be Rocko, I always thought that if FoP got a base game character, it'd be Cosmo and Wanda on their own.)
Timmy's Dad, while a meme in his own right, doesn't really have the colossal meme following Hugh did/does. For that matter, where Jimmy Neutron doesn't have as many choices standing in the way of getting Hugh into the game, FoP does. The most likely second FoP slot choice after Timmy (provided he's a trio with the fairies) would be Crimson Chin.

Want: 0%
Meh. Compared to the other potential FoP choices, I'd rather have The Chin. We already got one meme dad in the game, with another very likely on the way, we don't need a third.

Luna Loud: 70% I'm betting on some good scores here.

I wiiiiiiin!
Half noms to Dog Disguise GIR
Half noms to the ultimate wildcard pick: Stick Stickly

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If Dinkleberg was in the roster you know his chance would be 100%

Chance: 10%
Timmy isn't in yet, that's kind of a requisite. Considering the alleged licensing that FOP needs he might be the only rep. But let's assume he isn't. FOP might be the cartoon with the best lineup of candidates for a platform fighter. Crocker, Vicky, Jorgen, the Crimson Chin, I could go on, but there's a long list of side characters that are popular with fans and have a workable moveset. And that's without counting the characters that Nick would want to have as second rep, like the girl Timmy shares Cosmo and Wanda with in the seasons I didn't watch, or the two kids he shares Cosmo and Wanda with in the upcoming live action show... (Did nobody within Nick realize sharing the odd parents is a ****ty concept that ruins the secrecy dynamic and the wish-fulfillment idea that's the basis of the show? Because they've tried it twice now...)

Ahem where were we? Oh yeah Dad. Dad is very popular and could very well be the second FOP rep but with so many candidates he has an automatically low score. That said memes help him out a lot.

Want: 100%
I find him very funny, much moreso than Jimmy's dad for instance. I'd say he's one of my three preferred candidates for a second FOP rep (the other two being Vicky and Crocker) so that's high praise considering I could have listed like 20 potential fighters.

Noms: Otto Rocket
Luna prediction: uhh I think Loud sisters have consistently scored at around 15%? So that

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
going by the trend of 90's reps not being the protags
Isn't it just coincidential that the Nicktoons without their protags are all from the 90s? We still got Ren & Stimpy, CatDog, and SpongeBob being reps for their respective franchises and things like Reptar being chosen over babies for being cooler could still happen if these shows debuted a decade later.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Isn't it just coincidential that the Nicktoons without their protags are all from the 90s? We still got Ren & Stimpy, CatDog, and SpongeBob being reps for their respective franchises and things like Reptar being chosen over babies for being cooler could still happen if these shows debuted a decade later.
And, technically, Nigel was the original protagonist of the Thornberry's anyway! xD

LimeTH

Smash Lord
things like Reptar being chosen over babies for being cooler could still happen if these shows debuted a decade later.
Yeah, that's more what I was implying (and probably should have worded it that way.)

If FoP got a base character, it wouldn't be out of the question for the devs to decide Cosmo and Wanda would be cooler to play as than Timmy, much like how Pyra and Mythra on their own are way cooler than being tethered to Rex. But since there isn't a base FoP character, and Timmy is highly requested for DLC under the expectation he'd have the fairies with him, it'd have to be Timmy and the fairies in a trio now.

EDIT: Though it occurs to me we got PTM revealed first way before Ren and Stimpy, there aren't any characters in CatDog that are more interesting than CatDog themselves, and like hell Nick is gonna let them not put Spongebob in. So I guess the "what's the coolest option" trend still sort of holds up for the 90's characters.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, that's more what I was implying (and probably should have worded it that way.)

If FoP got a base character, it wouldn't be out of the question for the devs to decide Cosmo and Wanda would be cooler to play as than Timmy, much like how Pyra and Mythra on their own are way cooler than being tethered to Rex. But since there isn't a base FoP character, and Timmy is highly requested for DLC under the expectation he'd have the fairies with him, it'd have to be Timmy and the fairies in a trio now.

EDIT: Though it occurs to me we got PTM revealed first way before Ren and Stimpy, there aren't any characters in CatDog that are more interesting than CatDog themselves, and like hell Nick is gonna let them not put Spongebob in. So I guess the "what's the coolest option" trend still sort of holds up for the 90's characters.
You're assuming way too much.

Every "weird pick" has a reasonable explanation behind them.

Nigel - Eliza's moveset would require them to model a bunch of extra stuff to summon animals; since Nigel already imitates them in the show he acts as a good substitute for the moveset without creating a bunch of excess models.
Reptar - The only character in his show to demonstrate reasonable fighting prowess and arguably the most iconic part of the show.
Helga - Arnold is a pacifist and wouldn't get into a fist fight. Yes he does take a karate class but that is purely for self-defense. Helga is far more aggressive and willing to get down and dirty, and does everything Arnold could do.
Oblina - Is actually just as much of a protagonist as Ickis or Krumm; the entire fourth and final season is her character arc. Also had the most moveset potential of the three and arguably the most interesting design visually.

Each "weird" character had a genuine reason to be included, not just "lol random for the sake of random."

Rocko is absolutely going to be the first rep for his series. He's got plenty of moveset potential. Same for Jimmy. And Timmy. And Jenny.

Just because a character is popular in speculation doesn't mean they'll get chosen either cough*Hugh*cough

Remember they had to coax Nick just to get half of your weird picks anyway and that absolutely will not fly for DLC. Combine that with the fact Rocko's name was found in the files as the sole rep for his series and you have a disproven assertion.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Combine that with the fact Rocko's name was found in the files as the sole rep for his series
Actually there's a Filburt announcer call too.

However, "Remember they had to coax Nick just to get half of your weird picks" reminds me that my chance rating for Luna would be rather low, as they had to fight with Nick to get Lucy too, and she was seemingly allowed in Kart Racers 2 without any issues!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nigel - Eliza's moveset would require them to model a bunch of extra stuff to summon animals; since Nigel already imitates them in the show he acts as a good substitute for the moveset without creating a bunch of excess models.
He doesn't do that in the show - like, at all. Let alone to the shapeshifting extent that he does in NASB. Nigel was chosen for the memes, the devs basically admitted to this and to be frank I don't think there'd be any Thornberrys rep at all if it weren't for memes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
He doesn't do that in the show - like, at all. Let alone to the shapeshifting extent that he does in NASB. Nigel was chosen for the memes, the devs basically admitted to this and to be frank I don't think there'd be any Thornberrys rep at all if it weren't for memes.
I watched a lot of the show as a kid and I seem to recall him trying to do that as a way to get the animals to recognize him as part of their herd.

Maybe it's just a case of Mandela effect, or perhaps he did it in one episode and I just remember that, but either way, my point about Eliza stands and on top of that that's one exception, not a pattern

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You're assuming way too much.

Every "weird pick" has a reasonable explanation behind them.

Reptar - The only character in his show to demonstrate reasonable fighting prowess and arguably the most iconic part of the show.
Helga - Arnold is a pacifist and wouldn't get into a fist fight. Yes he does take a karate class but that is purely for self-defense. Helga is far more aggressive and willing to get down and dirty, and does everything Arnold could do.
Oblina - Is actually just as much of a protagonist as Ickis or Krumm; the entire fourth and final season is her character arc. Also had the most moveset potential of the three and arguably the most interesting design visually.

Each "weird" character had a genuine reason to be included, not just "lol random for the sake of random."

Rocko is absolutely going to be the first rep for his series. He's got plenty of moveset potential. Same for Jimmy. And Timmy. And Jenny.

Just because a character is popular in speculation doesn't mean they'll get chosen either cough*Hugh*cough

Remember they had to coax Nick just to get half of your weird picks anyway and that absolutely will not fly for DLC. Combine that with the fact Rocko's name was found in the files as the sole rep for his series and you have a disproven assertion.

As far as I've heard from all the discussion I've seen, they pick whoever they like the best or whoever they think is "the coolest". I was basing it off of that. That other reasoning makes sense, but I do think favoritism or Rule of Cool is definitely in play here.

Actually there's a Filburt announcer call too.

However, "Remember they had to coax Nick just to get half of your weird picks" reminds me that my chance rating for Luna would be rather low, as they had to fight with Nick to get Lucy too, and she was seemingly allowed in Kart Racers 2 without any issues!
Luna was in the Super Brawl app game and has appeared in a few assorted crossovers like that VR thing, so I think she might be the most safe pick for an additional Loud Sister.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
As far as I've heard from all the discussion I've seen, they pick whoever they like the best or whoever they think is "the coolest". I was basing it off of that. That other reasoning makes sense, but I do think favoritism or Rule of Cool is definitely in play here.

Luna was in the Super Brawl app game and has appeared in a few assorted crossovers like that VR thing, so I think she might be the most safe pick for an additional Loud Sister.
That's all entirely assumption still. Nick may have relented on a few picks but this is still supposed to be a game utilizing their most iconic and beloved characters. Picking Heffer but not Rocko just to be different isn't something they are actually doing, and until you get some official wording saying otherwise you should temper your expectations of "off-the-wall" picks to once in a blue moon instead of assuming any new series that has a chance isn't going to get it's main character first.

This is exactly why I think you all just assume Hugh is likely even though you've got nothing to base that claim on. The average consumer is less likely to buy a character they aren't familiar with. Jimmy Neutron and Timmy? One thing, but Hugh Neutron/Timmy's Dad are entirely different, and NASB does not have the prestigious pedigree that Smash does to afford to make riskier picks for DLC. Nick wants this game to make as much money back as possible.

Even if you ignore everything regarding what I said, you can't still ignore that those are also base game picks. They can afford to mix it up a little in the base game, but DLC is and always will be an entirely different, riskier beast. That's why most games tend to shoot for the biggest stars. Example: Look at Jump Force's DLC. Every character they picked is an extremely popular or recognizable character to their home series.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Even if you ignore everything regarding what I said, you can't still ignore that those are also base game picks. They can afford to mix it up a little in the base game, but DLC is and always will be an entirely different, riskier beast. That's why most games tend to shoot for the biggest stars. Example: Look at Jump Force's DLC. Every character they picked is an extremely popular or recognizable character to their home series.
This I'm aware of. I know they were able to mix it up with wildcard picks in the base game because said characters are part of a package.

But since there isn't a base FoP character, and Timmy is highly requested for DLC under the expectation he'd have the fairies with him, it'd have to be Timmy and the fairies in a trio now.
They couldn't do a wildcard pick for any non-base franchises because the main characters would sell easier. Hugh wouldn't happen unless Jimmy happened first.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This I'm aware of. I know they were able to mix it up with wildcard picks in the base game because said characters are part of a package.

They couldn't do a wildcard pick for any non-base franchises because the main characters would sell easier. Hugh wouldn't happen unless Jimmy happened first.
The point I'm trying to make is

Ya'll aren't getting any more wildcard picks unless the DLC does super-well, which for a game as... uh, let's say divisive as NASB is, is all but guaranteed not to happen. We're lucky to be getting DLC at all, and those resources are absolutely going to the essentials, no matter how much I want El Tigre.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The point I'm trying to make is

Ya'll aren't getting any more wildcard picks unless the DLC does super-well, which for a game as... uh, let's say divisive as NASB is, is all but guaranteed not to happen. We're lucky to be getting DLC at all, and those resources are absolutely going to the essentials, no matter how much I want El Tigre.
I mean I agree with you. The only way we're getting more wildcard picks at this rate is if we get a sequel or if someone at Ludosity/GameMill gets really bold and pushes for something bonkers to close out the DLC with.

Regardless, it's fun to talk about the hypotheticals.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean I agree with you. The only way we're getting more wildcard picks at this rate is if we get a sequel or if someone at Ludosity/GameMill gets really bold and pushes for something bonkers to close out the DLC with.

Regardless, it's fun to talk about the hypotheticals.
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, there's nothing wrong with talking hypothetical of course, but I think people in this thread specifically need to temper their expectations a bit more when it comes to all wildcard picks. If people are giving Hugh a 60% chance, for example, they're way overshooting it. Even a 15% chance is probably pushing it to more than half of the characters brought up here. That's all I'm saying.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mr. Turner

Chance - 0.1% - Timmy's dad, while occasionally memed on, failed to reach the levels of infamy even Hugh made. The two are remarkably similar otherwise, being notable high points in comedy compared to their main protagonist sons, who still aren't in the game despite being considered near mandatory additions. With Timmy still not in, and not even being as popular as Hugh to at least humor the idea, he's not getting in soon at all.

Want - 35% - Maybe I'll warm up to him eventually, but right now Timmy is my most wanted and I don't want anyone else getting in the way.

Predictions

Luna Loud - 47.34% - I have no idea, but she supposedly is one of the more popular sisters.

Nominations

DreamWorks Character X5

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, there's nothing wrong with talking hypothetical of course, but I think people in this thread specifically need to temper their expectations a bit more when it comes to all wildcard picks. If people are giving Hugh a 60% chance, for example, they're way overshooting it. Even a 15% chance is probably pushing it to more than half of the characters brought up here. That's all I'm saying.
Let me ask you this: As someone who thinks most of the Big Four is extremely likely...it's only four characters. If they have enough resources that they have more room for a fifth character in the first season or a second season entirely...what the hell are they supposed to do?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let me ask you this: As someone who thinks most of the Big Four is extremely likely...it's only four characters. If they have enough resources that they have more room for a fifth character in the first season or a second season entirely...what the hell are they supposed to do?
I geniunely wonder why Hugh is seen as such a radical departurre from any other second-rep-for-a-thus-far-unrepped-show. Yes, he's a joke character... but he's also from a joke show... in a game where all except 8 or so of the characters are from joke shows... and one of those characters within those 3.5 shows could herself be considered a "funny" choice as a non-combatant who fights by taking notes and gathering evidence for a damning interview.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Timmy's Dad

Chance: 5% -
He's got memes on his side, but that's about as far as we can go. He suffers the same issues that Hugh Neutron does, in that his main character son isn't in the game yet. And when said son is also one of the most demanded characters, a member of the Big Four in fact, competition is looking steep. Alongside this, he doesn't have nearly the demand that Hugh does. It really depends on how long the DLC lasts, and how many slots we get. They need to focus on big names for these DLC choices, they can't afford joke characters right now. As for a second FOP once Timmy does get in? The show has such a colorful cast of characters so odds aren't looking great for Mr. Turner by way of dilution.

Want: 40% - Don't get me wrong, Timmy's dad is HILARIOUS, and I'd LOVE to see him do a Dad Squad with Nigel, Hugh Neutron, Jack Fenton, and Lynn Loud Sr! Though first we need to get Timmy, and unlike, say, Helga, there's no real reason to include him over Timmy as the first FOP rep. So I'd like to see Timmy get in first! Afterwards? GO FOR IT! We need a Mr. Turner/Dinkleberg double-pack!

Nominations:
Yakkity Yak x10

Predictions:
Luna Loud - 32.87% - Luna's definitely one of the most popular of Lincoln's sisters and has appeared as a playable character already in Super Brawl World, so I can see some decent scores coming in despite the problems most Loud House characters face.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chance: 0.1%
He's a funny cartoon dad like Hugh, but sadly for him, he has none of the fan demand. Obviously, if we get any FOP character, it'll be Timmy. If we somehow get someone else from the series later on, it'll probably be someone that more people want like Jorgen or The Crimson chin.
Want: 1%
Honestly Timmy's Dad has never interested me as much as the other funny cartoon dads. Plus FOP has a handful of other more interesting characters I'd rather have before him.

Luna prediction: 26%
Noms: Zuko x5
DAY OVER
Rate Luna Loud, Predict Iroh and Zuko.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chance: 0.1%
He's a funny cartoon dad like Hugh, but sadly for him, he has none of the fan demand. Obviously, if we get any FOP character, it'll be Timmy. If we somehow get someone else from the series later on, it'll probably be someone that more people want like Jorgen or The Crimson chin.
Want: 1%
Honestly Timmy's Dad has never interested me as much as the other funny cartoon dads. Plus FOP has a handful of other more interesting characters I'd rather have before him.

Luna prediction: 26%
Noms: Zuko x5
DAY OVER
Rate Luna Loud, Predict Iroh and Zuko.
wait when was Iroh locked in? I’ve still been nominating him

D

Deleted member

wait when was Iroh locked in? I’ve still been nominating him
You can usually tell who's coming up by looking at the list on the front page.

Anyway
Gonna have to abstain like I have with all of these kids. I will say I've seen her name mentioned way more in the context of desired characters for this game so maybe that gives her a boost
Noms to Crimson Chin.

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm going to start ranking in terms of the potential for a sequel or DLC going on for a long time. Not in terms of NASB as a singular game, because yeah a lot of potentials go way down in the chance department, but just a general wide potential future. Talking about the matters of if AND when. With that in mind, here's my ranking of...

Luna Loud

Chance: 65%

I know a lot of you are going to think "well there are already so many Loud House characters to compete with for a character slot", and I think a lot of you are overestimating how many of these characters would actually work as fighting game characters. Leni was somehow talked about in here before anyone else, and I don't see her ever getting in.
Luna definitely feels like the best bet in terms of a third Loud House character. She's very popular with TLH fans and often brought up in conversations about NASB. She's got the dev's preference for "coolness". She has the potential for interesting moves and mechanics with her music playing. She's among the more prominent sisters in terms of character focus and screentime, and from my observations, she seems to be the sister with the most crossover appearances after Lucy. It's a pick that makes a lot of sense but feels interesting enough to not feel safe or boring. If there's going to be another TLH character, I bet you anything it's gonna be Luna.

Want: 85%
I haven't watched a terrible lot of TLH but from what I have seen, Lucy and Luna were my favorites, so I'm definitely up for the inevitable third Loud being Luna. She's got a cool design and again, would make for an interesting playstyle, being a music fighter. (and she'd probably get that over Ember, being real.)
It'd definitely be better than Clyde. Clyde sucks.

Predictions
Zuko: 100%. No I'm not kidding.
Iroh: 40%

Noms
Twice in a row, damn.
Heck, put 'em all on GIR.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Zuko and another SpongeBob character absolutely have the biggest chance imo, with the third highest chance actually being today's character, Luna, or a Danny Phantom villain (Probably Vlad or Skulker); all of these characters come from franchises with confirmed representation and are all highly requested in their own right except for Luna, who we happen to know Nick is quite fond of; on top of that none of them are obscure by any means and all come from highly successful IPs. Once the essential new franchises are covered, it's pretty fair to think we might start hitting additional reps for already existing series, assuming there's even more DLC past that point, if I were to hazard a guess at what DLC we are getting, I'd say Rocko, Jenny, Timmy, Jimmy, Zuko, and Squidward, with nothing past that point, though Luna and Vlad/Skulker would be my next two guesses. That's eight characters, and somehow I don't think we're getting that many; we just do NOT have the room to cram in these random for the sake of random characters when there's so many fan favorites still not in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Zuko and another SpongeBob character absolutely have the biggest chance imo, with the third highest chance actually being today's character, Luna, or a Danny Phantom villain (Probably Vlad or Skulker); all of these characters come from franchises with confirmed representation and are all highly requested in their own right except for Luna, who we happen to know Nick is quite fond of; on top of that none of them are obscure by any means and all come from highly successful IPs. Once the essential new franchises are covered, it's pretty fair to think we might start hitting additional reps for already existing series, assuming there's even more DLC past that point, if I were to hazard a guess at what DLC we are getting, I'd say Rocko, Jenny, Timmy, Jimmy, Zuko, and Squidward, with nothing past that point, though Luna and Vlad/Skulker would be my next two guesses. That's eight characters, and somehow I don't think we're getting that many; we just do NOT have the room to cram in these random for the sake of random characters when there's so many fan favorites still not in.
Alright, now you're just saying "my side characters are better than yours!"

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, now you're just saying "my side characters are better than yours!"
How? Zuko and Squidward aren't even really side characters, they're duerotagonists of their respective shows, and Danny's villains are just as important to the story as he is. To even compare their importance to that of Hugh or Timmy's Dad in the grand scheme of their respective shows is laughable.

Luna is the only case I could remotely say you've got a point on it here, but even then Nick loves Loud House and treats it far better than they treated FOP or Jimmy Neutron of late.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How? Zuko and Squidward aren't even really side characters, they're duerotagonists of their respective shows, and Danny's villains are just as important to the story as he is. To even compare their importance to that of Hugh or Timmy's Dad in the grand scheme of their respective shows is laughable.

Luna is the only case I could remotely say you've got a point on it here, but even then Nick loves Loud House and treats it far better than they treated FOP or Jimmy Neutron of late.
For one thing, there isn't as much evidence of Squidward being as much of an essential secondary SpongeBob rep as Patrick, even with his role on the show. There's crossovers that just stop at SpongeBob and Patrick, and this isn't even the first time a Nicktoons crossover has had 3+ SpongeBob reps with none of them Squidward.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Luna Loud

Chance: 18%

I don't feel like looking for my old rating so I'll repeat some of my points again for this Loud sister. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another Loud House character. It is currently Nick's big moneymaker and they have been supporting it like there is no tomorrow. As for Luna herself, I'm not exactly sure where she falls on the priority list but she does seem to be one of the more popular characters and her rockstar vibe helps her stand out, hence why I give her a slightly higher score than her other sisters. Still, the fact that there are so many siblings means that they cannibalize each other's chances. And again the fact that the devs had to fight to get Lucy in and we don't know the reason for that is a concern.

Want: 0%

I just don't care about this show and I'm fine with it having two characters. I wouldn't buy a character from it.

Predictions:
Zuko - 75%
Iroh - 20%

Noms: Kappa Mikey x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Luna Loud

Chance - 12.5% - Doing a bit of research from me reveals that she is considered one of the most popular characters, who's was liked enough that they recited increasingly important roles as the show has gone on. While I'm not certain how exactly to rate them compared to each other, or even if we will receive another Loud House character entirely. The show also runs into a sort of decade bias, where most of the fans are of 2000's era and the devs are shamelessly of the 90's era. While she has a better case than most, she's no where near guaranteed.

Want - 50% - Never saw the show. I don't have much feeling one way or the other.

Predictions

Zuko - 64.34% - One of the more likely ones to come from the same series.

Iroh - 24.54% - Not likely at all.

Nominations

DreamWorks Character X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Luna

Chance: 18%
I think if we get another character from the 2010s it'll be her. Runner up position goes to Miko of Glitch Techs just because it's the one failure from the era that got to amass a cult following. But, yeah, number one for an entire decade is not bad! Let's get into why.

From what I gather, Luna is one of if not the most popular Loud sister. That alone kinda puts her at the top of the pack. And there's also the fact that The Loud House is actually a successful show that Nick clearly wants to turn into a franchise. She also has a clear theme for a moveset, being a rockstar, and I can't think of any strong competition for that niche. So she's popular, marketable, and easy to make a moveset for. Why's her score so low?

Well, from what we know, Ludosity had to fight to include Lucy. Now, maybe it was her age that was the problem and Luna would be A-OK. But it is strangely uncharacteristic of them not to want to saturate NASB with their big new hit. Also, the Casagrandes spinoff got canceled, another stone in TLH's road to being a cash cow. And finally, the devs themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, they did push for Lucy, but I get the impression that they don't particularly give a **** about modern cartoons (or even cartoons past their time). What they do care about is the fans and there it's also a mixed bag. I have heard support for Luna, far more than you'd expect for a character that isn't old enough for people to be nostalgic about. But I don't think by itself it's enough to even put her at the top of the B-tier of requests (the land of cult classics) so to speak. Still, I think when you ask people who don't actively support her if they'd like her to be in, people are open to the idea, and that has to count for something.

Want: 100%
I have now gained slightly more exposure to the Loud House and its characters (I watched the movie). Luna isn't my favorite sister (that's the oldest one, whatever her name might be) but she's up there. She has a fun personality, voice and design, and I too love rock n roll. So I say go for it, why not. I'm a 2000s kid through and through but every era deserves a bit of love.

Noms: Otto Rocket
Prediction: Zuko gets an 80% iroh a 7%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Luna Loud

Chance: 25% -
Definitely tied with Clyde as the front runner for the Loud House, especially after Ronnie Anne (a side character that got her own spinoff) had said spinoff cancelled. In fact, she's what I believe to be the most likely 2010's character if we do get another. She's one of the most popular Loud sisters (and is even Chris Savino's favorite sister), has plenty of moveset potential as a musician, and has had crossover appearances before in the form of Super Brawl Universe. She tends to get plenty of screentime every season, and is a major player in Nick's newest cash cow. Alongside Spongebob, Avatar, and Danny Phantom, The Loud House is one of the most likely series to get another rep. She's got a lot going for her!

The problem is, that there's also a lot working against her, most of which applies to The Loud House as a whole. While she has the most fan demand out of any Loud sister, The Loud House is loaded with competition due to the huge main cast. While potential frontrunner competition Lynn Loud Jr. is out of the question due to being a stage cameo, other sisters like Luan remain. She's also cited as having a lot of moveset potential (joker/prankster) and has also appeared in one of the Super Brawl games. There's also Clyde, Lincoln's best friend, who get just as much attention and merch as Luna (if not more), also has appeared in Super Brawl World, and was even chosen by GameMill as the third Loud House rep in Kart Racers 2. And that's not to mention the rest of the sisters not out of the running (Lana, Lisa, Lori, Leni), their parents, Ronnie Anne (though again, she took a hit due to her spinoff being cancelled), hell even someone like Flip. So Luna would have a much higher chance if it weren't diluted by competition..

Then there's the issues a lot of other Loud House character face. For one, apparently Lucy (another popular sister) was a tough sell to Nickelodeon, so this could hurt Luna as well. Though this goes back and forth, as she's the youngest character in the game at 8 years old, so Luna (being 14 like Danny Phantom) might not have this problem. The other issue is developer and community bias. The 2010's are not a popular era in the community and neither is The Loud House as a show. The fans want 2000's Nick while the devs adore the 90's. Plus people want more new franchises like the Big Four to enter the game before adding more reps for existing ones. As a result, Luna has a much lower chance than she would otherwise. Still, I wouldn't count her out at all, and if we get someone like Zuko or Squidward I'd keep an eye on her!

Want: 60% - She'd definitely be a fun addition to the game! A rockstar/musical moveset would be a super unique choice for a character, and Luna's laid back, free-spirited personality would be a joy to watch in battle! Her stage would be awesome, too! Literally a stage with crazy lights and a remix of Play it Loud" playing in the background, it's hard to pass up! Luna's also one of the more chill sisters (as opposed to the often abusive Lynn Jr) so she's definitely one of the ones I would pick! It's not an easy decision though, since, while my two favorites are already playable, I'm also interested in Leni, Lisa, Clyde, Rusty, etc, so it's hard to choose! and for a rockstar character there's Ember McLain, so I'd be conflicted! Still, if Luna were chosen I wouldn't complain one bit! Though I do think we should get the big four first!

Nominations:
Yakkity Yak x10

Predictions:
Zuko - 82.47% - Definitely a frontrunner for both Avatar and already represented shows getting new reps! He's super important in his home series and highly popular and requested, so he's definitely getting high scores!

Iroh - 12.27% - Hard to see him getting in over Zuko, but he's still an extremely beloved character in his own right, plus he has an announcer call in the game's files, so never say never!

(that's the oldest one, whatever her name might be)
Lori! :3

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Luna chances: 48%
I don't think competition is an issue for Luna, her only serious competition I'd say are Lynn Jr. and Luan - at least from the "could they be adapted into fighters?" and "are there more popular Nick characters who fit their archetypes?" hence why i disregarded lisa and lily perspective. While appealing to the NASB fandom is a big deal, so is appealing to the modern Nickelodeon viewerbase - AKA kids. They're playing this game too, and they'll be buying the DLC too. Unless they're to delve into live action, the only characters outside of the sort of timeless omniprescent franchises who would directly appeal to that audience while also not being either at risk of or a previous victim of the "Nicktoons Death Treatment". (even TLH's recently cancelled spin-off the Casagrandes got an official cancellation announcement, when's the last time Nick did that?) I think the more positive way the older fandom views Luna compared to Lincoln's other sisters makes her somewhat of a win-win, or at least as much of a win-win as TLH content can be for this game, between TLH's fandom and the 90s & 00s kids somewhat united in just not getting it, and her moveset potential with rock instruments seems right up Ludosity's hammerspace alley. Also, she was already in Super Brawl Universe, which means Nick see Luna specifically as a marketable character to sell MTX and DLC of. I do remember once reading that Luna has the most spotlight episodes of any TLH character other than globular albino boy himself, but the Loud House wiki page for her doesn't say anything on this. The main issue for Luna is, of course, just that the game's fandom doesn't like TLH.

Want: 70%
I've never seen TLH, but a rocker girl with a nasaly voice obsessed with Bri'ish stuff? Hell yeah I want to play as this character

3 noms for super moves, 2 noms for Silver Ball rep, 1 nom for Pigeon Man.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and they'll be buying the DLC too.
Not as much. Adults are the ones mainly buying DLC in the first place, and if you looked at Smash's DLC, you'd notice all of it has appeal to adults, from games whose target audiences were already adults to games whose initial audiences would now be adults...and Min Min I guess. Anyway...

Chance: 10%.
Ah, The Loud House. The extremely rare example of a 2010s Nicktoon that actually could comply with Nick's unreasonable standards. Because of that, it's been rewarded with movies, a spin-off, appearances in Nicktoons crossovers including 3 TLH reps in Nick Kart Racers 2 seemingly without any issues, and 6 seasons. Except one little problem...it seems Nick didn't want a Loud sister in the game. If they had to fight for Lucy, it's not going to be any easier for Luna, and I doubt Nick not wanting her was for her age since Super Brawl Universe has a certain one-year-old playable. I don't know what the deal is exactly considering Lucy seemingly got into Kart Racers 2 without a problem, but it makes me doubt another sister all the same.

Want: Abstain.

Noms: Professor Calamitous x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom