• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$500 cash prize tournament and lockin, Philadelphia

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I think I wanna' attend this.
G-REG, tryin' to setup Team FalconFox again?

*Edit.* Yeah, I definitely need a ride. Adam, you got space?

aho43

Smash Lord
Can the tourney hosts please respond in this thread and answer some questions? Namely, will there be a 2v2 tournament? Is the $500 "gauranteed" based on the number of people you are expecting to attend? If you are expecting 75-100 people like you posted, I guarantee you that you will be dissapointed w/ the turnout. Is pre-registration required to enter this tournament? If I could register when I show up to the tournament that would be cool. I do not feel like becoming a member of IGames or whatever that site is to register.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
same with me. i would rather just pay like, an hour in advance or whatever at the door.

Joker

Smash Ace
This tounie is becoming like smash for me at times...

Its like, i care...
But i dont... :ohwell:

Fonz

Smash Ace
Alright I called the store today to find out what the deal was, cause I figured the people running it don't read smashboards. They only posted here cause someone suggested it. Anyways, the guy said they are not planning teams, but I'm sure the people going could probably convince them after the tournament or whatever. The 500 dollars is split over the top 3 places, but is gauranteed no matter how many people show. Also, you don't HAVE to preregister. The guy said it "might" be cheaper, he's not sure, but you don't have to preregister. Not sure how much that clarifies things, but there you go.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Fonz said:
Alright I called the store today to find out what the deal was, cause I figured the people running it don't read smashboards. They only posted here cause someone suggested it. Anyways, the guy said they are not planning teams, but I'm sure the people going could probably convince them after the tournament or whatever. The 500 dollars is split over the top 3 places, but is gauranteed no matter how many people show. Also, you don't HAVE to preregister. The guy said it "might" be cheaper, he's not sure, but you don't have to preregister. Not sure how much that clarifies things, but there you go.
Thanks, Fonz. That was rather cool of you.

I think that most people will want teams, right?

Let's all work together to get singles done quickly so we can get some teams in! :)

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
yo what up ppl! i kno i havn't posted in a while.. FFXI has taken over my life! (70war) but ya.. that don't mean moosh has been slackin'! i'll be ready for this.. but ya thats about all i have to say... if worst comes to worst.... i'll be seein one of u at the top of loser's bracket! :laugh:

DarkBlade

Smash Apprentice
:) MMORPGs>Real Life :( :mad: :dizzy:
Ya, we will have time for teams. Its there first Real tourny so they dont even know what smashboards is. If I didnt sudgest it, the only ppl that know were me and joker(still dont know how he knew) and Id have 150 in my pocked.. Id rather have good compitition and would like to see some1 cool win(not m2k :dizzy: )

BTW Theres a burger king, wawa, 7-11,donute shop, and a chinese resturant/takeout all within the block^^
Ill try to get up there today and see the final results of what there doing. And see if Magus can get some freebies or somthing for making a bracket sytem(Swiss plz :) ) as, I dont trust halo guys with there terrible brackets.. >.>

Now, the real question Im up for. Who Wants FFA or Low Tiers!!!(Link user^^)

Edit: BTW, Bring Setups! They dont really have any!

Joker

Smash Ace
:ohwell:
Meh.
Will have to own Levittown some other time...
Is not going...
Sorry Calvin :(
We'll have to meet some other time, and if anyone was expecting Ninja, he probably wont be able to make it either :(

So have fun niggs :p

Laterz :cry:

DarkBlade

Smash Apprentice
Lord Knight said:
Got a cube for people, not sure about an extra TV.

Cancel that request for cubes, We need games(1.0 :) ) and possible cards(knowing the locals are brining theres :ohwell:

MAgus, Dave said that hed throw you a bone, whatever that means.

Also, as far as levi compitition, It is just me :ohwell: Good thing 2 philly guys are here Or Id go nuts. and yes, I am halfdrunk.

Inu, bring my... stuff...

EDIT: K magus, you got 2 options, 2 free lockins or the free entrence and some drinks(lockins are a better deal!! but you arnt around here so its up to ya.){Lockings are ushualy around 35 bucks each so its a major deal to do that btw} Also, Im your lapdog, so if ya need a helpen hand Id be glad to help.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
lawl. yo guys, its like 4:00 in the morning and im a bit tipsy. im sur me and evan will bethere, if we can get up atleast for the drive to levitown. i know a buncha peoplemsaid they were bailing out on this tounry, but we're stayin strong, cyall there.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yo this is the g-regneezy, so take a minute to listen to this sheezy

TA is all up in this ****, theres no doubt about it! my main men aho kirbstir km and the fonz ehhhhhhh!! are gonna **** this **** up! watch out PA, better put some trash bags over yourselves, cause it looks like TA is ****ting all over everyones faces! oh, its gonna be nasty.

ps. g-reg will haunt you in your dreams!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :mad: :mad: :embarrass :ohwell: :ohwell: :embarrass

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Gay.
I was suppose to be coming, but miscommunication leads to complications.
Good luck, TA.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
well i was too beat to get up this morning. evan is prolly heading our there.... iuno... lol

The M0Le

Smash Apprentice
Knocked out, but happy

Just got back from the hub after getting my 2 beatdowns from LK and Ryoko. (Good sh*t). Tournament had a good turnout, although the numbers were a little bit larger because the locals in the lockin got to do it basically for free. But the competition was still great. Would have liked to stay to watch the end of it..... but i got work in a half hour.

Darkblade/Dot-eater/WTF: Thanks for doin the lockin and giving me someone good to play

Ryoko: Thanks for all the friendlies and kickin my *** with peach. ( I won once against zelda!! wo0t)

LK: Grabbed and beat me down. But it's all good.....maybe i could have done better if you let me go once in a while ;)

Joker: Sorry there were "too many black people for your liking. (6?) :laugh: :laugh:

And everyone else.... thanks for coming to town to give this local some different smashers to play. :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Reeesults!

1. M2K
2. Wes
3. KM
4. Ryoko
5. Kirbstir
6. Fonz
7. Magus
8. Aho
9. Inui
10. Joker
11. Comp
12. Lord Knight
13. Moosh
14. Dark Blade
15. WTF
16. Mole
17. Cuckoo of Time
18. Tim
19. Evan
20. Dot Eater
21. Boomer Kawanger
22. Matt
23. Ark
24. Matt S
25. Anth
26. Mashed
27. Spam
28. Harris
29. Young Guns
30. Adrenele
31. Pappas
32. Black Ice

Well, I had a nice time.

Aho, we had some nice matches, you're really good. Fonz, our set was d@mn close. Good ****, TA. You earned my respect and I hope you can respect me too. :) It was nice seeing Wes and Comp again. Everyone there was pretty cool. Thanks to Magus for running it, and thanks for also blessing us with your sexy Jiggs. LK, muh *****, way to own with Roy. It was also fun hanging with Joker again.

And I'm at Magus's house with Ryoko too. And we're not playing f|_|cking SSBM. :)

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
OMG Liek shoutouts:

First everyone: I had a really good time today it was a pretty cool place. I told you my Ice Climbers would debut today. :D

DarkBlade: I protest your Link. :p Good Roy vs Link stuff.

Ryoko: Panel de Pon. :D Also thanks for the training (in both games).

Kirbster: Still can't believe that you came from VA, but I guess that's how TA does it. *pound* Good games and stuff.

Fonz: Daisy player! :D

Mole: I had fun playing you today, you overrate me too much.

Moosh: Roy ditto's are still fun. That was good even though you beat me both times.

Comp: Good matches, I still think you sandbagged vs me and you didn't even use Peach. :(

Boomer Kawanger: "WTF? This is a tourney match?" Nice game. It was good that I got to talk through a whole match without getting yelled at. :D

Joker: "There's too many black people at this touney. . . I'm scared." lol

M2K: Good job winning today. You really couldn't fit into that car btw.

Magus: I got 9th. :p

Inui: See above. :p

Dot Eater: I respect low tier players, your GW was pretty good. It was sad that I had to watch you 4stcok another Roy though.

The M0Le

Smash Apprentice
Lord Knight said:
OMG Liek shoutouts:

Mole: I had fun playing you today, you overrate me too much.

Psssh.... when i get spanked i give credit where credit is due. Nice job on 9th (not 10, lol) btw. I like how you play and want to add parts of your styles and others i played to mine. And we could have talked during our whole match too, i wouldn't have cared :laugh:. If you, or anyone for that matter, ever wanna get together again to smash, hit me up. My AIM is Koreanigma

Peace

Troyy1

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone! This is Troy, the owner of CyberHub. I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out today. I am glad to hear everyone had a good time.

I want to appologize if anyone or anything wasn't 100%. This was our first SSBM tournament and we had a great time hosting it.

I want to thank Magus and Blade for running the event. Your experience helped everything go through fair and smooth.

I have learned a lot through this tournament and the next will reflect what I have learned. Cheaper lockin-tournament pricing, slit pots, making sure it is not scheduled on the same day as MLG and so on...

I would like to host another tournament in the future for everyone that would like to come again and for those that missed it. If you have any suggestions for when or just in general for the next tournament please feel free to Email me at Troy@thecyberhub.com

Thanks again everyone for coming out..

Magus420

Smash Master
I broke ties in the bracket by their seed ranking in pools, so the people who performed better and got a higher seed from pools got the higher place within each group with the same placing in the bracket.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
NOTICE:

My copy of Smash is missing. It's a version 1.2 and I think someone at the CyberHub took it out of my cube. My cube was the one with the Smash skin on it. If anyone knows anything about where it is, PLEASE post, because that's my neighbor's.

LazyDaisy

Smash Rookie
I knew I should have listened to Blade when he told me to come lol Anyway, glad to see you guys enjoyed the Hub, that place used to be my home away from home during the school year, needed something to ease the pain of school :laugh: Also, grats to M2K on the win, hopefully I can show up next time, because these smash tournaments sound like a blast, especially compared to the Halo tournaments, where many of the people are way too seriouse..

Fonz

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun at this, got to see a lot of new faces and PA/NJ/NY smashers. Great bunch of guys. Many close matches. Hope to see you guys at MLG.

TA-Aho/Kirbstir/KM- *pound* Aaron Lewis was the guy who sang the crappy song with fred durst, just remembered. Fun car ride/tourney, can't wait for the next one.

Joker - Crazy mindgames with those charged blasts, I think I ate 10 in one match.

NJ guys - Too good, enough said.

Wes - Fun matches to watch, love that mario.

Top Bottom