• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

50%~ Nearly True D3 Combo (off of low %)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crenando

Smash Cadet
NNID
discOtter
I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but here I go...

I was ******* around in training mode, testing the limits of DThrow-NAir and its followups when I happened upon the possibility of using the fast falling UAir afterwards. Basically, it goes as follows:

DThrow - NAir (read DI a bit in order to ensure that you hit with Dedede's front half) - Fast fall UAir - Grab - DThrow - NAir (read the DI) - FAir (potentially not possible, depending on DI)

It works on Heavyweights (tested on Link) between 8 and 22%, though I found it easiest at 15%. 8-10% is extremely unreliable. Middleweights can work a few % lower, lightweights a few below that. The most damage I've ever observed it deal was 51%, taking most characters just a few good hits away from a kill right at the start of a match. I can post a video demonstration later if anyone wants one.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but here I go...

I was ******* around in training mode, testing the limits of DThrow-NAir and its followups when I happened upon the possibility of using the fast falling UAir afterwards. Basically, it goes as follows:

DThrow - NAir (read DI a bit in order to ensure that you hit with Dedede's front half) - Fast fall UAir - Grab - DThrow - NAir (read the DI) - FAir (potentially not possible, depending on DI)

It works on Heavyweights (tested on Link) between 8 and 22%, though I found it easiest at 15%. 8-10% is extremely unreliable. Middleweights can work a few % lower, lightweights a few below that. The most damage I've ever observed it deal was 51%, taking most characters just a few good hits away from a kill right at the start of a match. I can post a video demonstration later if anyone wants one.
We appreciate the effort - but this is well known, used, and even documented in this video guide. Furthermore, we have an entire research thread devoted to efforts like this. Please read the "READ THIS FIRST" thread before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom