• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.5 Second lag only when using main stick in Dolphin?

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
So I finally got Dolphin working at 100% and it plays Melee decently besides one thing. My main stick has a small lag when using. All other buttons seem to work fine as far as sensitivity goes besides the main analog stick having an annoying delay. It's subtle but noticeable enough (especially in Melee) to make the game unplayable competitively on Net Play.

For an example if I were to quickly direct the analog stick up and down on a menu screen the text selected will continue to move up and down after I completely stop pressing or directing the analog stick. Of course it's only for half a second or so but it's still a huge issue.

Obviously this has something to do with controller's connection. I'm using the official Nintendo game cube controller adapter with a traditional game cube controller. Any tips on increasing the controllers sensitivity (specifically the main control stick) to rid this dreadful lag once and for all?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I finally got Dolphin working at 100% and it plays Melee decently besides one thing. My main stick has a small lag when using. All other buttons seem to work fine as far as sensitivity goes besides the main analog stick having an annoying delay. It's subtle but noticeable enough (especially in Melee) to make the game unplayable competitively on Net Play.

For an example if I were to quickly direct the analog stick up and down on a menu screen the text selected will continue to move up and down after I completely stop pressing or directing the analog stick. Of course it's only for half a second or so but it's still a huge issue.

Obviously this has something to do with controller's connection. I'm using the official Nintendo game cube controller adapter with a traditional game cube controller. Any tips on increasing the controllers sensitivity (specifically the main control stick) to rid this dreadful lag once and for all?
Are you using the vJoy driver? What version of Dolphin?

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
I am using vjoy and a older version of dolphin. 4.0.2.

Every other version I've tried doesn't give me the option to use direct3d9 (deprecated) under graphic options and thus fails. It only runs with the deprecated option I don't know why.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I am using vjoy and a older version of dolphin. 4.0.2.

Every other version I've tried doesn't give me the option to use direct3d9 (deprecated) under graphic options and thus fails. It only runs with the deprecated option I don't know why.
What are your system specs? The issue probably lies within the vjoy driver or using 4.02. Reconfiguring the driver may help but 4.02 really sucks plus using vjoy instead of native support adds a considerable amount of input lag.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
its probably vjoy. i wanted to use native support but couldn't get the newer versions of dolphin to work. like i said, only direct3d9 (deprecated) works and it only appears on the earlier version of dolphin for some reason.

Y-L

Smash Champion
its probably vjoy. i wanted to use native support but couldn't get the newer versions of dolphin to work. like i said, only direct3d9 (deprecated) works and it only appears on the earlier version of dolphin for some reason.
What are your system specs?

It's only on the old dolphin's because it's slow and an outdated backend so it was removed.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Well it's playable with my keyboard. I'm having issues with the joystick. The input lag, delay, not the emulation speed.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well it's playable with my keyboard. I'm having issues with the joystick. The input lag, delay, not the emulation speed.
I don't know if I can help you since 4.02 is so old an outdated. I think this Dolphin version will be best for you. As for your controller, if using that build you still encounter the lag, reinstall vJoy. I don't know what else would cause it.

Top Bottom