• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th-D Slip Master: Ninten for DLC!

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Who is Ninten you ask?

...okay, he looks very similar to Ness, but he's a completely different character from a different game with different friends and a different adventure. At least he could be a DLC alt for Ness. If Nintendo can differentiate his design enough, he could work as an actual character!

Before you say 'he'll only be a clone of Ness!', hear me out.

History: He is from the little-known game known as Mother 1 aka Earthbound 0 in western countries, released exclusively in Japan in 1989. He was just an ordinary kid living in a town named Podunk, when his lamp comes to life and attacks him. Then, he goes on an adventure to push back an alien invasion, meeting some friends who help him, collecting the 8 Melodies, struggling against spontaneous Asthma attacks, and defeating the leader of the invasion: Giegue. Not the same as Ness.

Moves: He knows a technique called PK 4th-D Slip which is used to run away from battles. It can function as a short-ranged teleportation technique which would be his recovery. Ninten lacks any kind of offensive PSI, unlike Ness and Lucas. He is more of a support character. He can learn PK Hypnosis, Offense Up, Quick Up, Defense Up, Defense Down, PSI Shields, and Powershields that could work for his moveset, but his various healing techniques he also learns would be broken in Smash.

If that isn't enough, you can give him PK Beam as a projectile attack, even though he can't learn it. You could also give him elemental PSI, but Ness already covers that. Let's assume if he has PK Beam or elemental PSI that he learned them from Ana (his girlfriend!).

Despite this, his chances are lower than many other DLC choices. Lucas would probably get in before he is seriously considered. If a VC release of Mother 1 happens, however, his chances would spike to promote sales.

In short:

Pros
Potential for unique moveset
Give underrated franchise more reps, since one was already lost
Give game a character for representation, when it only has music and one stage in all of Smash history

Cons
From a very obscure, old game that was only in Japan
Mother's head said the franchise was dead
Looks like Ness, but can be differentiated

Arguments: TBD
I will probably edit this post, so feel free to discuss, criticize, and socialize.

Edit: Alternate artwork (changed: credit to AEM for finding it)

Often times, Ninten is portrayed with a red, white and blue stripped shirt, unlike Ness's blue and yellow shirt. Ninten also often has a red bandanna around his neck too.

Let me know if you want to be added onto the supporters!

Edit: Our focus right now as supporters is to get Ninten in as a skin, a more realistic goal at this point. Now that Lucas has been confirmed, it is incredibly unlikely that Ninten as a separate character will get in.

PSIBoy, Lucimar, Starlol9, Azure Warrior, Sakuraichu, Shin F., AdmN30, W O N D E R, Cool Typhlosion, Geno Boost, TheDudeMan, smileMasky, Amiiboshibbo, BlueShadow.EXE, Brickbuild101, @smashkirby

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I support Ninten. It would be great if we could have him so we could have all three Mother protagonists, even as a costume.

I would suggest to have some artwork to show how he could be visually different from Ness.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I will support Ninten too! Though Lucas is the character I want back the most I would love Ninten in Smash aswell!

Wouldn't all the Mother Protagonists look really cool together?!?! :love:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I will support Ninten too! Though Lucas is the character I want back the most I would love Ninten in Smash aswell!

I admit, I do support Lucas more, but I'm hoping for at least 1 more Mother character, and Ninten was the one who had the best shot without a support thread yet that wasn't locked.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I admit, I do support Lucas more, but I'm hoping for at least 1 more Mother character, and Ninten was the one who had the best shot without a support thread yet that wasn't locked.
Yup! Same! It was quite harsh to get rid of a Mother character and lower the amount of Mother content.
It's kinda sad...

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Yup! Same! It was quite harsh to get rid of a Mother character and lower the amount of Mother content.
It's kinda sad...
Mother's not the only one who suffered: Ice Climbers have none and StarFox lost one. But yeah, know what you mean. Played Earthbound: Rather easy, but I guess it gets it's fame from the theme. Mother is so underrated as a series and is generally forgotten and kicked to the curbside in the minds of many.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
Mother's not the only one who suffered: Ice Climbers have none and StarFox lost one. But yeah, know what you mean. Played Earthbound: Rather easy, but I guess it gets it's fame from the theme. Mother is so underrated as a series and is generally forgotten and kicked to the curbside in the minds of many.
Metal Gear was also completely removed. People keep forgetting that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be a dream come true to have all 3 Mother protagonists, but Lucas has the better chance and 3 reps for Mother would have been too much. I do support Ninten however since I have a bit more nostalgia with that game than Mother 2 (Earthbound).

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
It would be a dream come true to have all 3 Mother protagonists, but Lucas has the better chance and 3 reps for Mother would have been too much. I do support Ninten however since I have a bit more nostalgia with that game than Mother 2 (Earthbound).
At the very least, Ninten can be an alt, right? And if Lucas doesn't get in for whatever reason, it's nice to have a fallback to support. But, yeah. A lot of people were pissed when Kid Icarus got 3 characters, don't want the same thing happening to Mother.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Ninten should've been an alt.
I would be pretty okay with him being his own separate character. But since Lucas was cut, his chances went down a deep low. :E
Ninten as an alt or clone would've helped cushion the blow for the loss of Lucas. Ninten as a separate unique character would've largely made up for Lucas. If Lucas was cut late in development/ran out of development time/intended for DLC, I can understand not having an alt then. But if the cut was decided early on and he wasn't intended for DLC... I don't know what Nintendo could've been thinking at all.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I support Ninten 100%, as if my avatar wasn't enough to show that. :p In fact, I have a big moveset for him (made for Project M, but just as fitting for other games) in my sig.

I do think Lucas should be back first, being a veteran, but if there was ever going to be another Mother character after him, I think it's only fitting to make it the very first game's protagonist.

I would also be content with him as a costume.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ninten should've been an alt.
I would be pretty okay with him being his own separate character. But since Lucas was cut, his chances went down a deep low. :E
Funny you mention that.

This is a pretty great edit of Ness' render to accomplish that. I would like Ninten to be a part of the main cast if they made him use moves he, Ness, and Lucas are all capable of using. Rather than borrowing Ana's / Paula's / Kumatora's PSI attacks. Though that is if Lucas doesn't do that if he gets remade.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I support Ninten 100%, as if my avatar wasn't enough to show that. :p In fact, I have a big moveset for him (made for Project M, but just as fitting for other games) in my sig.

I do think Lucas should be back first, being a veteran, but if there was ever going to be another Mother character after him, I think it's only fitting to make it the very first game's protagonist.

I would also be content with him as a costume.
This thread actually got a reply *cries*. Yeah, I think Lucas will be first, but Ninten would be awesome to have if there is another Mother character added. To be frank, I don't understand why so people want Porky or Masked Man no offense, while Mother 1 is the only game in Smash without a character.

Funny you mention that.

This is a pretty great edit of Ness' render to accomplish that. I would like Ninten to be a part of the main cast if they made him use moves he, Ness, and Lucas are all capable of using. Rather than borrowing Ana's / Paula's / Kumatora's PSI attacks. Though that is if Lucas doesn't do that if he gets remade.
This thread actually got two replies... *cries again*. So, where did you find that? I'm considering using that instead of the one I already have up there. Looks so much better.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This thread actually got a reply *cries*. Yeah, I think Lucas will be first, but Ninten would be awesome to have if there is another Mother character added. To be frank, I don't understand why so people want Porky or Masked Man no offense, while Mother 1 is the only game in Smash without a character.
I would imagine it is because they're both ideal choices for a villain from the franchise. Porky especially imo, he's been a major antagonist in two of the games.
This thread actually got two replies... *cries again*. So, where did you find that? I'm considering using that instead of the one I already have up there. Looks so much better.
It says so in the image, but you can find the artist's DeviantART here.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I would imagine it is because they're both ideal choices for a villain from the franchise. Porky especially imo, he's been a major antagonist in two of the games.
It says so in the image, but you can find the artist's DeviantART here.
That makes sense, but there don't seem to be many villains I like: I prefer the ones which are more calculating, thinking they're doing the right thing, and realistic generally, which neither seems to be.

And thank you. I didn't notice that actually.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I love the mother series, Mother 3 is my fav game, but Ninten has minimal chance to enter compared to Lucas and to ,a lesser extent, Poo and Porky due to his resemblance to Ness, he is at best an alternate costume for Ness.
Though, they could give him slight edit to differ him, maybe make him taller, have different hair style/color, different hat position, make his shirt have a single white stripe like the japonese sprite, etc. they can make him a more different looking character.
Possible moveset:
:GCB:: Hypnosis, Ninten shoots a small wave in a matter similar to :4pacman: grab, lulls opponents to sleep on contact with it.
:GCL::GCB::GCR:: Teleport, if if you hold the button Ninten runs, even in the air, when you release you teleport ala Farore's Wind.
:GCU::GCB::Quick Up, Ninten surrounds him self in a bubble similar to a shield, but smaller, it will shrink like a shield a bit more quickly and when it dissapears completely you gain a speed increase.
:GCD::GCB:: Telepathy+PK Freeze: Ninten reads the opponents mind and sees when he will attack, so when the opponent hits during this moment, Ninten evades and uses PK Freeze, which at higher percentages freezes for a while.

Final Smash: EVE Summon, as the name says, Ninten summons EVE and stays in the background, at this time you control EVE, using attacks mapped for A and B
:GCA:: EVE pounds the ground with her fists, causes damage to who's under and stunning who's close.
:GCB:: EVE shoots a laser at the ground that turns into a giant spark ball that travels like a Lil' Sparky, does greater damage when hit by the laser itself.

EDIT: Extra information that I forgot to add: Ninten's grab is PK Beam, it looks like a lasso of energy and works as a tether recovery. Ninten also would use boomerangs and slingshots in his moveset to make him more unique than the other PSI kids.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
This was a render I made of him, by the way, from a Brawl mod I made that goes over Ness. It's a design by Solbliminal I decided to make into a costume.
Ninten (Smash 3).png
And here's the moveset that was linked in my signature, I think I might just put this here and link to this thread instead. Not sure yet. (Also a couple of others quoted who had ideas for him).
Ninten has a potentially unique moveset as the only PSI user with no directly offensive PK Attacks. His specials could instead be based around buffs and shields. Lucas now has Offense Up, of course, so he wouldn't necessarily use that but he could always use Quick Up to become faster for a while, or maybe have a temporary, limited version of Turbo Mode with it.

Then, he could have Power Shield instead of PSI Magnet. One way it could work is Power Shield blocks damage (but not knockback) from physical attacks and redirects some of the damage, but doesn't work on energy based attacks. Like PSI Magnet, he can't move while using it, though, so it isn't too overpowered against purely physical characters since he still takes knockback and can be sent flying while holding it. The other way is to only partially block damage.

His recovery could be his unique move 4th-D Slip, which in the original game allows him to escape from battles.

And, if he really needs an offensive special, he could have the PK attack unique to Earthbound Zero, PK Beam. Alternatively, there's a point in the game where he can get a Boomerang, and he has a Slingshots as well, which are both items the other Mother characters don't use.

Finally, he could also potentially use PSI Hypnosis, which puts enemies to sleep. I personally envision it as a chargeable version of Jigglypuff's sing that gains distance as it charges but loses effectiveness as it gets farther, but it could work in a multitude of ways.

For his Final Smash, he could use EVE or PK Beam Ω. The other possibility would be less direct, and more of an assist FS like Peach's. PSI Lifeup / Shields / OffenseUp / QuickUp, which would heal him and give him temporary invincibility, power and speed.

One good taunt he could have is he cough and uses his inhaler.
The main thing I was thinking could be done to help differentiate him (other than his specials) was that he could use his items (like the bat, yoyo and boomerang) in more than just his smashes, unlike the others, and perhaps use them in different ways for his smashes. This makes sense from a standpoint of gameplay (making him more unique) and of character (because Ninten doesn't naturally learn offensive PSI like PK Rockin or PK Love, so he relies more on his tools).

So maybe his fair is a meteor with him smashing the enemy downwards with his bat. Maybe his f-smash has him swing his yoyo in a circle that goes all the way around him. Maybe he can use his yoyo as a tether grab and use it to throw people. All in all, he has many ways his normals could be pretty unique.

His specials can revolve around his ability to buff himself, deal status effects, and can also optionally give him the Mother 1-exclusive attack PK Beam (which I envision as a white, slower version of a Spacie blaster with a lot of Hitstun and prehaps an electric effect). He could also use PSI Hypnosis (which would act like Jigglypuff's Sing with the ability to charge the attack for greater distance), PSI Quick Up (which would work like Lucas' Offense Up, but would increase his speed instead of his power), and 4th-D Slip (which is his signature ability and would act as his recovery, allowing him to teleport).

His Final Smash has a couple of options. The easiest and most obvious are PK Beam Ω (a greatly powered up PK Beam), or as someone else suggest PSI Brainshock or Brain Cyclone, which could act in a number of ways depending on how it was implemented.

So, here is how I would personally assign his specials:

B: Quick Up - When fully charged, this increases Ninten's speed temporarily. This could manifest in a number of different forms, whether it be attack speed, running speed, falling speed - that's up to PMBR to decide, I suppose. Another idea was that it could act as a short-lived Turbo Mode.

Down B: Hypnosis - Ninten sends out a radial wave of PSI that can put enemies on the ground to sleep, and possibly make them go into a damage fall in the air.

Side B: PK Beam - Ninten sends out a ray of white energy with lots of hitstun.

Up B: 4th-D Slip - A teleportation technique that has Ninten go into a dimensional portal and come out of it elsewhere.

Final Smash: PK Beam Ω or Brain Cyclone. PK Beam Ω is obvious in its uses - it's a powerful beam, enough said really. The suggestion for Brain Cyclone was rather interesting. The person who suggested it came up with the idea that it would work in three waves radiating from him, like Tabuu's Off Waves. The first would spike characters it hits down, the second would stun them, and the third would have large knockback.

His taunts can involve him playing his Ocarina (the first part of the Eight Melodies?), coughing and using his inhaler, or adjusting his hat or bandana.
Here they are, finally scanned them and put them together. They're a bit rough because I rushed them, but I hope you guys like them as much as when I described them with just words. I'm open to suggestions, even if I probably won't draw them out (too much time :p)

:ness64:Ninten:ness64:

:ness2:Isn't that ness?:ness2:
No it's not!

Ninten, the boy with asthma, the boy who wears a scarf, the boy THATS NOT IN SMASH BROTHERS. The main character of the First mother series, he pretty much follows the standard of the other two protagonists while looking strikingly similar to that of Ness. They function nearly the same and are mostly separated by their differences in their stories.

However, Ninten has the potential to bring a unique weapon onto the field of battle, while providing its own quirks and differentiating him from Ness and Lucas.

His Yo yo.

I don't actually know much about mother so let's just get into the character shall we?
As Ninten has asthma, it should be no surprise that he has a slower running speed than Lucas or Ness (Not really but just go with it) His jump should reach a balance between Lucas' and Ness' jump while having a balance of their fall speed as well.

Main core of the character? Disjointed ranged attacks. A dangerous thought already. Wielding good options for pressuring enemies from a relatively safe distance in his Yo-Yo, he would not be unlike marth in the sense that spacing is key. He forgoes his bat entirely to make good use of his Yo-yo while not having to put it away.

Moves

• Jab : Up to two throws of the yo-yo straight forward. second one going a bit longer than the first one.
  • Ftilt : Spin's and "slices" horizontally with the Yo-Yo. Relatively fast move.
  • Dtilt : Throws the yo-yo at the opponents feet in a curve, causing a trip upon a successful hit. Trip's them in place, does not send them away from Ninten. relatively long start up to where it's easily projected to the enemy. However, it has extremely short end lag so that it can be punished heavily for getting hit by it.
  • Utilt : throws yo-yo straight up at a pretty fast rate. Good damage and knockback. Can be held out similar to Ness' down smash by holding A. causes a flinch similar to falco's blaster when hit by the held yo-yo.
  • Fsmash : Throws the Yo-Yo straight ahead. Able to be angled 45 degrees upward and downward similar to ganon's or roy's Ftilts. Able to be held out in place after the smash by holding A. Initial hit is strong and pushes enemies away in the direction that the attack was launched while the subsequent hit's have knockback similar to wolf blaster. Good for Edge guarding and shield pressure. Fair endlag
  • Usmash : Exactly like ness' Usmash. When hit it sends enemies above Ninten. Can be held before the smash is thrown like Ness'
  • Dsmash : Spins around with the Yo-yo in a fashion similar to that of Roy's Dsmash. Cannot be held out
  • Nair : As proposed by @ Shin F. Shin F. it would be similar to Ness' Nair but with increased range due to the yo-yo.
  • Uair : Arc from in front of Ninten to behind him, similar to that of Wolf's Uair albeit with increased range. Good for setting up as it doesn't have much knockback but does stun a good amount. Ala Roy.
  • Dair : Throw the Yo-Yo Straight downwards. It's a spike but not a very strong one.
  • Fair : Spins and slices horizontally with the Yo-yo just like Ftilt, but with much more power while being a bit slower. Should have solid killing potential.
  • Bair : Similar to Toon Link's Bair. Sending the Yo-yo in an arc from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head, it sends enemies higher into the air. Relatively fast.
I have no idea how to work out his B attacks (Special attacks) so someone should send me a PM about it so I can work it in. I'm considering giving him a tether recovery via yo-yo over the usual PK thunder.)

I'm still considering his Wavedash length, tech roll lengths and other such things but I don't have much to say about that stuff yet. I also haven't thought about how his grabs would work but they definitely involve grabbing with the Yo-yo.

:ness64:I think there is good potential here as well.:ness64:
What about you?

Would it be terribly offensive if I suggested that PSI Brain Cyclone could function similarly to Luigi's FS? I do realize there's the originality factor (which is a bit more of a factor considering a FS is more of an aesthetic feature) but I'll mention it anyways.
I was thinking it could simply cause immediate stun to any character in the radius for the duration of the move (it makes the enemy "feel strange," right?) unlike Luigi's, which just throws random things at random intervals and spikes Physics' drink, among other things. A proper tradeoff could be that there isn't any difference in KB within the Brain Cyclone, but every move induces a significant "paralyzer" effect (same as ZSS dsmash, about), allowing Ninten to go crazy with the combos for a while. Come to think of it though, paralyzer mechanics don't allow the effect to chain, so a workaround might be needed.
I hadn't thought about that, but it's actually quite brilliant. I like it. I could imagine the effects causing a prolonged stunning effect. That would be pretty cool.

I have another idea. What if the technique actually decreased knockback drastically for most of the duration, then increases it greatly just before the end? So, Ninten can get in a ton of combos without much knockback to knock the enemies away, and then at the end he can send them flying with increased knockback. It may sound OP, but it is a Final Smash, after all.

Edit: I want this as one of his yoyo attacks now. Maybe his Up-Smash.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
This was a render I made of him, by the way, from a Brawl mod I made that goes over Ness. It's a design by Solbliminal I decided to make into a costume.
And here's the moveset that was linked in my signature, I think I might just put this here and link to this thread instead. Not sure yet. (Also a couple of others quoted who had ideas for him).
Well, you certainly outdid yourself there. All this information... Overwhelming.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In all honest, I know very very little about the Mother franchise, but I like the look of this chap and the Mother characters are always great fun to play as.

Not sure if he'd be likely as a separate character, but there's really no reason why he shouldn't at least be an alt. Those fan renders are too good.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Ninten should get more recognition. Count me as a supporter!

I'd find it funny if Ninten appeared in the exact likeness of his clay model; especially if he moved in an odd, stopmotionesque frame rate. It might make him look creepy, but Mother is no stranger to ghoulish under(and over)tones, and we rarely get to see that side presented in SSB.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
SUPPORT, NINTEN>NESS, I never liked ness's style in clothes anyways, now ZeRo can final have a scarf main!

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
SUPPORT, NINTEN>NESS, I never liked ness's style in clothes anyways, now ZeRo can final have a scarf main!
Meh. Lucas>Ness>Ninten for me. But I shall respect your opinion since you are a fellow supporter (although I would respect it either way).

And wow, this thread is becoming fairly active right now. A week or two ago and I wasn't expecting another reply to this.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
Meh. Lucas>Ness>Ninten for me. But I shall respect your opinion since you are a fellow supporter (although I would respect it either way).

And wow, this thread is becoming fairly active right now. A week or two ago and I wasn't expecting another reply to this.
I actually like Lucas, since in almost every game/show, the weak/afraid/scared characters have amazing and powerful powers, that's what makes them better than the characters who don't give a heck. :lucas:

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want another Mother character but if I did I think Porky would be better because he serves the antagonist role and was in two games.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
here is my idea for a moveset
B. Defence down .Ninten Creates a spere of energy that can be used like pk thunder .but insead of damage it tempotaroly makes opponets take more knockback
side b Pk Beam he sends a beam forward like the charge beam attack in kirby . it can be angled slightly
Up b 4-th d slip somewhat like zeldas ninten dissapears. Id doesnt do damage but it has more range
Down b Telepathy Its a counter not much to say
Final smash 8 melodies Ninten sings the 8 melodies (Volcal) and the opponents fall assleep with a flower on their head Ana And Lyoid appear in the background
Taunts Hums the first line of the 8 melodies, Pulls out his starts to sneeze then he pulls out his inhaler ,cant think of a third
Victory theme the same as ness has

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
Palutenas guidence for Ninten
Pit . Ness seems a little off today
Palutena . Thats because Ness isnt here You are fighting Ninten
Pit :anyway what can he do
Paulutena . he does psi but compared to the elemental attacks ness uses. he seemes to use more defencive psi
Pit . one more thing. I noteiced Him singing . he is so good Could he teach me to sing after this battle
Palutena . Skyworld could use a singer

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
As much as I appreciate your suggestions, please try to refrain from double/triple posting. The mods will likely infringe you for that.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i support him. i think we need the first main character from MOTHER seires its wierd to have a character from MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3 without having a character from the first game

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
i support him. i think we need the first main character from MOTHER seires its wierd to have a character from MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3 without having a character from the first game
Yeah, I totally agree here. I've been wanting Ninten for a while, MOTHER definitely needs more representation than what it has. Count me in on this list!

Ninten_Lover

Smash Rookie

Yes i like Lucas But Ninten is more cool!And its an new character anyone likes newcomrs.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I really want Ninten now, but I can only realistically see him in the next Smash because this one took all the recognizable characters. They'll really have to dig deep for newcomers next time.

I would love to hear the 8 Melodies in Smash, too bad Sakurai cut the song from Brawl, now it's mixed in with Magicant and it's not the same. Eight Melodies for the final smash I agree on.

Up special-4th D Slip like Lady Palutenas and Mewtwos teleport. Teleport rolls off the tongue better, but 4th D slip makes more sense.
Neutral special-PK Beam It could be like ROBs neutral special, but it goes straight.
Side special-Boomerang, just like Toon Link.
Down special-Power Shield. Power Shield will reflect projectiles back at the user.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I would love to see this guy in some form I'll be honest I did not play mother 1 or 3 I did watch playthroughs and I know that may not be enough to truly know the character but still he is his own persona. and I loved the story line too. I think he would be strictly a defensive character perfect for team fights and I think would capture his essences in the original mother 1.
here is what I propose for a move set
his standard attacks will focus on him using his fists and bat mostly he is not really offensive on PSI stand point
NOTE: a lot of the moves are going to be very reminiscent of ness but with out the Pk power

A-A-A
like Ness' combo but instead of a kick he swings his bat

Dash attack
the same as Ness but it does not include the PSI ability so like classic SSB N64 ness with the knock up mechanic too or he could swing his bat the same way Shulk does his dash attack

side tilt
a punch that knocks back

down tilt
bat sweep

up tilt
same as ness in the classic N64

side smash
he swings his bat but instead of it being the same way as ness it has the motion of a golf club giving it a good hit box but the opponent flies upward

Up smash
I got 2 ideas for this one he could use PK beam as his up smash similar to Lucas or a head-butt

Down smash
Swinging his bat both ways

Neutral air
swing his bat in a circle like his spins

Up air
flip kick like Pacmans'

Back air
back fist kind of like little mac's back air but with more damage

Forward air
swings his bat forward

Down air
he swings both his fists under him giving it a meteor effect

B moves

neutral B
Offence Up I played some Project M Lucas and his Neutral buffs him and it takes a bit for him to actual get the buff so I think that would be a good change in gameplay

Side B
PK Beam or Hypnosis if it's PK Beam it would be have some decent knock back but not very big or last very long other wise Hypnosis would do the same a Jigglypuff but the the same hit box of Mewtwo's down B

Down B
Power Shield could be used as a counter or just a projectile destroyer or reflector

Up B
4th D slip short teleport has the same mechanics as Mewtwo

Throws

pummel
Head-butt

Up throw
throws him up and PK beams the opponent

Back throw
He uses 4th D slip and teleports them a small distance from ninten

Forward throw
he throws his opponent up like a ball then he swings his bat for a home run swing

Down throw
Hypnosis making the opponent sleep for a brief period

Final smash
he teleports opponents in front of him in to a battle Ana, Loid and Eve show up to attack the opponents and eve finishes it up with an explosion.

Note: I think Ninten would only speak via telepathy I think he needs to save his breath for battle he does have asthma

so that is the best I can come up with for Ninten I just really wish they at least make him a costume for Ness

Top Bottom