• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
LORDMIX BEATS VOID 2-1
Fatality 2-1 TheReflexWonder

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
It seems like Lord Mix is finally backing up all that **** he was talking in here a month ago. He definitely wasn't a top player like he claimed back then, but he's slowly making a case for himself.

. . . still an ass hole tho.

:150:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
wrath beats ally 2-0

no hype, I never use this term but that was absolute cancer

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Huge upset from Wrath 2-0 ing Ally with a sick comeback at game 2.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I hope people will finally realize Sheik Bowser is not even close to being a 70:30 mu, not even a 60:40, I've been saying it's very closer to even than people think for a long time now..

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
You know how Larry Lurr wasn't at Fresh Saga? Well, Trela 3-1'd him at a Texas regional in Winners Finals.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
MOMOCON 2016 TOP 8 AND 9TH-13TH

Winners:
Nairo :4zss:
vs.
Mew2King :4cloud2:

Wrath :4sonic:
vs.
LordMix :4bowser:

Losers:

VoiD :4sheik:
vs.
Ally :4mario:

Mr. E :4marth:
vs.
Vinnie :4sheik:

9th: 6WX :4sonic:
9th: Fatality :4falcon:
9th: BigLou :4luigi:
9th: Seagull Joe :4sonic:
13th: Xanos :4lucas:
13th: Rango :4myfriends:, :4cloud2:
13th: TheReflexWonder :4wario2:
13th: Neos :rosalina:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
It is super Great to see a Bowser doing this great and beating big names like Vinnie and Void, and we all thought Sheik won against Bowser :D It is also nice to see a sonic, but I hate this Sonic so much but I want him to spindash Nairo's ZSS to the moon.

EDIT: Also, we all doubted @LordMix before and here he is.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
MOMOCON 2016 TOP 8 AND 9TH-13TH

Winners:
Nairo :4zss:
vs.
Mew2King :4cloud2:

Wrath :4sonic:
vs.
LordMix :4bowser:

Losers:

VoiD :4sheik:
vs.
Ally :4mario:

Mr. E :4marth:
vs.
Vinnie :4sheik:

9th: 6WX :4sonic:
9th: Fatality :4falcon:
9th: BigLou :4luigi:
9th: Seagull Joe :4sonic:
13th: Xanos :4lucas:
13th: Rango :4myfriends:, :4cloud2:
13th: TheReflexWonder :4wario2:
13th: Neos :rosalina:
BigLou...that's a familiar Luigi, I think he was from the Brawl days? Good to see his name again.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Sheik does win versus Bowser. But Bowser needs literally 3 throws and some change to take a stock. And ironically, it's not like he has Ganon T-Rex range. Bowsers pivot grab is like half of FD.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Bowser definitely loses to Sheik. Gotta be much close than it used to be. Bowser gained a kill confirm, and Sheik lost one. Still, I doubt Vinnie was prepared for the MU. I thought VoiD would win despite lack of MU experience, but I guess not.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If you have no MU experience, Bowser is going to destroy you starting out.

Takes some time to get around Tough Guy, pivot grab, and intangible tilts. Especially for Sheik and her low damage output per hit.

Last edited:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
Hey. For the guys who watched the Ally vs Wrath match, do you feel like Wrath was just playing better or Ally just messing up more? I'm not the best at these observations, but I'd really like your opinions.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Yup. Plus, between shell shock, his command grab, and Ganon-esque tilts, he has multiple ways to actually seal a stock.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
upsets are outta control here

take a moment and think to yourself for a moment, there's a realistic chance :4bowser: could take what amounts to a national tournament

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
It is super Great to see a Bowser doing this great and beating big names like Vinnie and Void, and we all thought Sheik won against Bowser :D It is also nice to see a sonic, but I hate this Sonic so much but I want him to spindash Nairo's ZSS to the moon.

EDIT: Also, we all doubted @LordMix before and here he is.
I have to say, it is impressive seeing him do so well. That doesn't warrant him for being a prick tho.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
In theory ZSS should be able to completely disrupt this kind of Sonic play because her burst with dash grab is greater than Sonic's burst with spindash. It's also disjointed, so Sonic can only lose by switching between spindash and shield. He has to move around and use rolls, dodges and jumps to avoid getting dash grabbed and thus play more traditionally.

Would be nice to see how it plays out in practice though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
@"cancer Sonic" talk

Would you rather Sonic charge spindash and threaten Mario's less-than-ideal range with an invincible punish if Mario tries to confront? Or do you think it wise for Sonic to just go in and try to hit Mario directly and get subsequently suffocated by Mario's frame data and be struggling for a landing spot amidst an invincible Usmash punish?

Pick your poison.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
upsets are outta control here

take a moment and think to yourself for a moment, there's a realistic chance :4bowser: could take what amounts to a national tournament
I wouldn't say its particularly realistic.

There'd be more competition at a national/major. More high/top level players. Element of surprise only works for so long, once one or two drop to a surprise character word can spread as can advise pretty darn quickly.

I could see Bowser winning a Regional with the element of surprise on his side. I think that's about his cap however.

(Just to clarify, I wouldn't consider this tournament a national/major. Its a regional with some big names showing up to be sure though)

@ Sonic vs Mario talk: End of the day, if you have to play a certain way to win a MU, that's how you play it. You don't care how it looks.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty sure @TurboLink ment that Roy's hitboxes giving him reason to fight up close was why he didn't play like a normal swordfighter, guys...

If Marth's the baseline and MK's excluded, we can probably rule out the ones who play more of a zoning game like Robin and the Links too.
The more gimmicky ones, Cloud and Shulk, seem to be accepted as swordsmen as far as I can tell. Then there's remaining FE crew which fit fine, and Mii Swordfighter... Which I guess depends on how it's built.

I dunno, if we're including Corrin who attacks with stabby dragon bits half the time then I'm not sure why sharp bow guy can't count. There are some pretty big differences though you guys suck at pointing out the meaningful ones... Shaya's right about their air game. Pit prefers autocancels vastly to landing with hitboxes out. Pit also has a bunch of strengths rather uncharacteristic for swordies, like a good dash attack, dash grab, grab game, Dsmash, Dair, projectile, and way better negative states. (Not saying none of these strengths are shared, but it's quite the laundry list.)

The better negative states is probably the biggest difference overall, but that's the trade off for not being as explosive like the rest. I mean, there's not many swordsmen with universal tippers or hilters, limit breaks, or Marts either. Pit doesn't seem so out of place next to these oddballs.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Trela kinda bodied Larry Lurr. 6-2 overall, two three stocks in Grand Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom