• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Something I've noticed, is there any reason why Bowser is still being seen as a seemingly irrelevant low tier? Most tier lists I've seen (Not just here, but on other sites too) tend to dump him in the low tier, some of them even put him as bottom 10. We've all seen how much the buffs have benefited Bowser, plus his results have been stronger than ever. The only thing I can think of is that Bowser hasn't been able to make a splash at any major tournys, or his lack of popular players maining him, like how DK is being viewed quite fondly thanks to Larry.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
While we're on the subject of Japan - what are the biggest known differences between the major metas of the different Smash regions? (besides just saying 'skill level')

USA:
Pro Ike
Anti Duck Hunt

Japan:
Pro Duck Hunt
Anti Ike
Pro Pac-Man

Europe:
Pro Greninja

What else?
I woudn't really call Japan pro-Pac-Man, they underrate him by an extreme amount like America does.

Also USA is starting to usnderstand Duck Hunt so ai'm not sure if USA is aganist him anymore.

Japan is pro Mega Man and Lucario, and anti Pikachu

Europe is pro Link and Brawler too.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Re:Bowser

While his advantage got scarier, he still has real trouble in disadvantage. Lots of people consider their character destroying him in juggle traps to indicate a winning MU, and I can't say they are wrong.

Its tough when you can lose from a single launcher leading into prolonged juggle and dying. Especially when DK has a bit of a better time, has a just-as-scary grab conversion, and better spacing/landing aerials... and a better upB combo breaker.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Trela and I discussed this earlier today on facebook. My "brother" is the number 1 Ryu apologist I swear haha. My thing is this...Ryu's tremendous power that can be comboed into is his niche. It's what he does. That is his gameplan. REAL confirms into game ending conversions. He trades mobility for that. He trades having a linear recovery for that. He trades having smashes with no good kill power besides a spaced f-smash for that. Hadoukens can be swatted out of the air. His approach is very vulnerable to pivot actions on reaction. The man DOES have his issues despite the incredible power he has.

Take away that power....and why would you play this character in a competitive setting?

This is a serious question.

Next post will be about the Pit's I promise.
Because he's still a ton of fun? Like I said, I like the fact that you can combo into those moves and I do agree that Ryu does have good weaknesses. All I was saying is that one move could have a bit less knockback :). Am I that crazy in thinking he'd still be pretty crazy? When Sheik is now struggling to kill you at 150%, and now you kill at 90% instead of 70% or something with True Shoryu, it seems that's one combo away from getting them into that percent anyways. Or just connect one Fair/Bair to get that damage lol.

Wait, his Nair has a landing lag of 6 and Fair/Bair do 15-16 damage o_O. That's pretty awesome. So I guess he has those? I still think Ryu would be a ton of fun even if True Shoryu killed 20-30% later. Apart from Lucario jank (which a lot of people don't like), and a basically unused Finishing Touch now, who has a fairly safe move that kills even at 80-90%? Pretty much nobody. It'd still be pretty scary. I don't know enough about Ryu to make a true argument here, and I don't want to see the character ruined, but I was just saying one small change about something that's stuck out to me since his release (I remember Mr. R only really beating Ally at one tourney by pulling out Ryu randomly and True Shoryuing to win lol).

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is a solid high-of-Mid tier pick but in general the Smash community doesn't gravitate towards heavier/slower characters.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Because he's still a ton of fun? Like I said, I like the fact that you can combo into those moves and I do agree that Ryu does have good weaknesses. All I was saying is that one move could have a bit less knockback :). Am I that crazy in thinking he'd still be pretty crazy? When Sheik is now struggling to kill you at 150%, and now you kill at 90% instead of 70% or something with True Shoryu, it seems that's one combo away from getting them into that percent anyways. Or just connect one Fair/Bair to get that damage lol.

Wait, his Nair has a landing lag of 6 and Fair/Bair do 15-16 damage o_O. That's pretty awesome. So I guess he has those? I still think Ryu would be a ton of fun even if True Shoryu killed 20-30% later. Apart from Lucario jank (which a lot of people don't like), and a basically unused Finishing Touch now, who has a fairly safe move that kills even at 80-90%? Pretty much nobody. It'd still be pretty scary. I don't know enough about Ryu to make a true argument here, and I don't want to see the character ruined, but I was just saying one small change about something that's stuck out to me since his release (I remember Mr. R only really beating Ally at one tourney by pulling out Ryu randomly and True Shoryuing to win lol).
wtf does fun have to do with winning tournaments?

Again I am speaking from a competitive viewpoint. If you aren't trying to win and you are paying MONEY to enter events then to be honest...you are a fool.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman

Again this is a competitive community. If you aren't trying to win and you are paying MONEY to enter events then to be honest...you are a fool.
Lol, it's the people having fun who honestly have no shot of winning that largely funds the winners. So yes, people are entering for fun and that's an important part of the community. If it's not your career, you're likely entering tournaments for entertainment, as much as you still want to win.

Anyways, fun is probably the wrong word for this discussion. I'm just saying a slight knockback nerf on True Shoryu would still leave Ryu plenty scary and capable imo. Key word is slight. I think there's not much more to be had with this discussion so I'll end the topic.

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Lol, it's the people having fun who honestly have no shot of winning that funds the winners haha. So yes, people are entering for fun and that's an important part of the community.

Anyways, fun is probably the wrong word for this discussion. I'm just saying a slight knockback nerf on True Shoryu would still leave Ryu plenty scary and capable imo. Key word is slight.
But nerfing Ryu is not necessary when he has weaknesses that already have him toned down. Nobody needs any nerfs, like at all. We need A LOT more buffs though. Huge amount.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lol, it's the people having fun who honestly have no shot of winning that largely funds the winners. So yes, people are entering for fun and that's an important part of the community. If it's not your career, you're likely entering tournaments for entertainment, as much as you still want to win.

Anyways, fun is probably the wrong word for this discussion. I'm just saying a slight knockback nerf on True Shoryu would still leave Ryu plenty scary and capable imo. Key word is slight. I think there's not much more to be had with this discussion so I'll end the topic.
I think it depends. I mean if you re just going to weeklies thats cool.

I dont think anyone goes to a major with intentions to lose.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Again I am speaking from a competitive viewpoint. If you aren't trying to win and you are paying MONEY to enter events then to be honest...you are a fool.
Logically anyone not playing the best character, say pre-patch Sheik, is using who they enjoy rather than the best competitive choice. It doesn't mean they aren't playing to win.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Here's a thought:

Perhaps Witch Twist is supposed to be a Get Off Me move more than a combo starter now. It's still Frame 4.

I think the original intent of Bayo was to have strong combos that were difficult to start up, but Witch Twist kind of negated that.
So, like EX Spinning Bird Kick? A reversal or wake up for people who are savvy with fighting game terminology.

I feel like Witch Twist was sort of supposed to be like the rising launchers in Marvel vs. Capcom if we go with another fighting game or if we go with a hack 'n' slash, also rising launchers, but ones that were done, in Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, lock-on + back + attack. The only problem is that rising launchers aren't as fast as Witch Twist, especially in hack 'n' slash games which is fine since you're fighting hordes of minions rather than an actual human being or a competent CPU. This may have been weird, but since Bayonetta technically has 2 different Side Specials: Heel Slide and Afterburner Kick which itself has 2 variations, and Cloud has 2 Down Specials too, Limit Break Charge and Finishing Touch alongside his Limit Break versions of Blade Beam, Climhazzard, and Cross Slash, maybe Bayonetta's Up Special could have been 2 different moves. So, grounded Up Special is the "lock-on + back + attack", rising launcher which is much slower, but hits once while aerial Up Special is Witch Twist which is much faster, hits multiple times, and can act as an answer for people going auto-pilot on her. Both retain her ability to rise up with an attack and combo, but one is more toned down in keeping with Bayonetta's higher startup, but high combo potential while the other acts as a means for Bayonetta to quickly answer and counterattack in the air.

This is the rising launcher in Bayonetta 2 that I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/FXf5SJFP6ik?t=110. It could have worked as her Utilt, but I have no idea why they didn't do that. You've got the concept with Ryu's tap and held tilts, but the difference her is that a tapped Utilt would have her just kick up while a held one would have her rise up rather than 2 different moves. That's how it works in Bayonetta if I remember correctly and it definitely works like that in the Devil May Cry games which considering Hideki Kamiya created DMC, makes total freaking sense he'd use it in Bayonetta. Bayonetta's current Utilt is frame 7, though... If the rising launcher was true to its source, it might end up being frame 14... Well, it could be frame 7 tapped and frame 14 held... I don't know. Here's Witch Twist in Bayonetta 2: https://youtu.be/FXf5SJFP6ik?t=123. I don't know if the jump's a part of the move or she has to be airborne to do it. Wiki says she jumps during it, but called it an aerial attack: http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_Twist.

Another option would just make grounded Witch Twist like frame 6 to 8 -- they could do something stupid and add in Bayonetta's jump frame, but not take away her jump, as part of the startup which is, incidentally, 4 frames --, but keep aerial Witch Twist frame 4. Problem had with her was that her OOS Witch Twist was really difficult for players to deal with. A grounded Witch Twist that is frame 6 would be decently fast, but not fast while aerial Witch Twist is regular old Witch Twist. Still good OOS, but not a really fast OOS that in context to other fast OOS Up Specials like Mario's SJP, Ryu's Shoryuken, or ZSS's Boost Kick, are used to punish with one hard hit versus Witch Twist being used to setup a series of hits. Also, miss with Witch Twist and she can jump away compared to the others who have to fall back down usually in helpless mode.

So I heard Abadango got 33rd.

Something about his placements is that he does much better in other regions than his own. At Umebura 22 and 23, he got 9th and 33rd. In a bunch of other tournaments in other regions (fe: BAM8 & Pound 2016) he's gotten a lot higher.

Is it just because Japan has a lot more diverse character mains entering the tournament, so there's more room for MU inexperience? Is that just me?
There's no payout at Japanese tournaments, so he doesn't take them as seriously.

This is the general explanation provided and it's entirely plausible. Mindsets for tournies between Japan (due to gambling laws) and other regions will likely be very different since money is a large incentive in European, American, and Canadian tournaments.

Speaking of: I'm probably going to score GOML as a Major ala Pound 2016. I'm not entirely certain yet, but Europe, Canada, and Mexico's top players are attending, the respective #1 and #2 are attending, plus a very highly regarded SoCal player who consistent makes Top 8 at majors and supermajors (Larry Lurr) and also Anti, who's had a pretty clean track record and nearly took a set off of ZeRo.
You guys do have to remember that Abadango has to fight players who definitely know him. It's not like Abadango goes to somewhere else and nobody knows his style, what makes him tick, or even know him at all. If someone knows you, they're going to have much more equal footing compared to playing against an opponent who's as skilled or even better than you, but has no idea how you play. You can take a look at brothers, Marss and Pugwest or Ganon the Beast and Prince Kirby. MU would say ZSS has an advantage over Marth or Ganon the Beast, being PR'd 1 in Minnesota and people would assume he's the better player, would beat up his brother, Prince Kirby, but when you watch their matches, it's never really lopsided unless one of them screws up hard. They're brothers; they fight with each other so much that they just know what the other might do. It doesn't even have to be siblings or roommates or whatever. Look at who Abadango has to play regularly in Japan and then look at who the people he plays regularly outside of Japan. You can name a lot for Japan, but outside? What? Dabuz? And that happened how many times compared to the weekly or even daily with friends and rivals in Japan?

@BunbUn129 Ffamran Ffamran

I never specifically said they were overnerfed. Well I'll say ZSS was but i didnt say it in my first post. (you can talk to Shaya Shaya about that)

It's worrying to see the devs just remove things willy nilly
Yeah, I figured as much. I just wanted to emphasize how badly the developers decisions affected Bayonetta. Nerf her so that's it's still Bayonetta, but don't nerf her so it's only Bayonetta, the character. Might be the first patch, but it might not be the last. If they continue this route instead of the route they had followed...

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Something I've noticed, is there any reason why Bowser is still being seen as a seemingly irrelevant low tier? Most tier lists I've seen (Not just here, but on other sites too) tend to dump him in the low tier, some of them even put him as bottom 10. We've all seen how much the buffs have benefited Bowser, plus his results have been stronger than ever. The only thing I can think of is that Bowser hasn't been able to make a splash at any major tournys, or his lack of popular players maining him, like how DK is being viewed quite fondly thanks to Larry.
Remember that Bowser was considered by many to be among the worst in the game prior to the uthrow change. He has had some other decent-ish buffs, but probably nothing that would bring Bowser out of low or maybe even bottom tier if he didn't also have the uthrow combos. Then they went and toned down the uthrow's combo potential. It's still a great combo throw, but that's basically all that's keeping him in mid tier. He certainly has potential to do more than he currently is, but so do a lot of seemingly irrelevant low-mid tier characters.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Tangentially related but that Palutena player was omega cute

Pretty damn good player too, though I think Prince Ramen is still better
Just curious, name of palutena player?

It's for research I swear
FYI, the Palu main & cosplayer is a guy. The commentators mentioned that despite him looking somewhat feminine in the costume.

I forget the name, but he had a fantastic match against Lof Blue's Mewtwo. Tons of reflector hype. Interesting to watch a matchup you rarely see with 2 good players representing each character.

To be on topic: I do honestly think Palutena's mobility make her a much better character than folks think she is (aka not bottom 5). Results speak to that as well.

|RK| |RK| - That's fair. Although the commentators on that stream weren't helping either (talking about some Peach cosplayer he wants to talk to afterwards).

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I know, hence the disclaimer :p

I'm imagining a Palutena with lightweight as her default down B and making myself incredibly sad in the process
Super Speed is just as good too. I absolutely would have that over Reflect in any matchup except maybe for some of the zoning characters like Villager or Robin. Even then....

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
The Palutena player you are all referring to is Iceninja right? The guy cosplaying as Palutena? His name seems to come up a lot when people talk about top Palutenas.

My takeaway from that was that it probably means nothing important. At the very least, there is nothing we can conclude from it. No solid reason to think it makes future patches more likely.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

I realize I'm strawmanning the hell out of your argument, but realistically speaking I doubt that literally everyone who paid to attend, say, EVO actually expected to win or even get out of pools. Not with how stacked events like that get.

There are other motives for participating too, least of which is simply the experience of participating in a large scale tournament and getting some solid games in against quality players. From that perspective you could consider it payment for personal entertainment, akin to gambling or a day at the theater.

Also the masses fund the pros via the pot, etc.

So, like EX Spinning Bird Kick? A reversal or wake up for people who are savvy with fighting game terminology.

I feel like Witch Twist was sort of supposed to be like the rising launchers in Marvel vs. Capcom if we go with another fighting game or if we go with a hack 'n' slash, also rising launchers, but ones that were done, in Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, lock-on + back + attack. The only problem is that rising launchers aren't as fast as Witch Twist, especially in hack 'n' slash games which is fine since you're fighting hordes of minions rather than an actual human being or a competent CPU. This may have been weird, but since Bayonetta technically has 2 different Side Specials: Heel Slide and Afterburner Kick which itself has 2 variations, and Cloud has 2 Down Specials too, Limit Break Charge and Finishing Touch alongside his Limit Break versions of Blade Beam, Climhazzard, and Cross Slash, maybe Bayonetta's Up Special could have been 2 different moves. So, grounded Up Special is the "lock-on + back + attack", rising launcher which is much slower, but hits once while aerial Up Special is Witch Twist which is much faster, hits multiple times, and can act as an answer for people going auto-pilot on her. Both retain her ability to rise up with an attack and combo, but one is more toned down in keeping with Bayonetta's higher startup, but high combo potential while the other acts as a means for Bayonetta to quickly answer and counterattack in the air.

This is the rising launcher in Bayonetta 2 that I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/FXf5SJFP6ik?t=110. It could have worked as her Utilt, but I have no idea why they didn't do that. You've got the concept with Ryu's tap and held tilts, but the difference her is that a tapped Utilt would have her just kick up while a held one would have her rise up rather than 2 different moves. That's how it works in Bayonetta if I remember correctly and it definitely works like that in the Devil May Cry games which considering Hideki Kamiya created DMC, makes total freaking sense he'd use it in Bayonetta. Bayonetta's current Utilt is frame 7, though... If the rising launcher was true to its source, it might end up being frame 14... Well, it could be frame 7 tapped and frame 14 held... I don't know. Here's Witch Twist in Bayonetta 2: https://youtu.be/FXf5SJFP6ik?t=123. I don't know if the jump's a part of the move or she has to be airborne to do it. Wiki says she jumps during it, but called it an aerial attack: http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_Twist.

Another option would just make grounded Witch Twist like frame 6 to 8 -- they could do something stupid and add in Bayonetta's jump frame, but not take away her jump, as part of the startup which is, incidentally, 4 frames --, but keep aerial Witch Twist frame 4. Problem had with her was that her OOS Witch Twist was really difficult for players to deal with. A grounded Witch Twist that is frame 6 would be decently fast, but not fast while aerial Witch Twist is regular old Witch Twist. Still good OOS, but not a really fast OOS that in context to other fast OOS Up Specials like Mario's SJP, Ryu's Shoryuken, or ZSS's Boost Kick, are used to punish with one hard hit versus Witch Twist being used to setup a series of hits. Also, miss with Witch Twist and she can jump away compared to the others who have to fall back down usually in helpless mode.
Funnily enough, the rising launcher video you mention turns into her held uair if you hold the button down. So in a way, it is in. Just...the second half of it.

I have. It's interesting how they follow standard version management principles, but I wouldn't read too much into it. At most I'd say it constitutes evidence that the devs were uncertain of how well the patch would work out (being on a branch makes it relatively easy to revert back) and leaves open the possibility of one or more patches at a future date (the final build shouldn't be a branch). But it's not ironclad, merely circumstantial, and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything in particular. It is interesting though, especially for anyone with software development experience.

Last edited:

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, tbh I've been a software engineer for my entire professional life, I've worked at a number of companies -- large start-ups, big corps, even one gig in the gaming industry (sorta... no slave hours though because my employer was awesome) and they've all done this differently depending on the maturity of the organization (and these were all U.S companies, too)

I'd assume somewhere like Nintendo has their stuff together, and would want any product changes to be developed on a branch if they had any inklings they'd ever want to make future modifications. It's possible based on that article they got burned by assuming 1.1.4 was the final product build and then changing their minds and have simply decided to keep updates on branches in case they want to modify the game again later, despite having no actual plans to do so.

I really wouldn't read much into it.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti

So you're saying 489 people at GOML are expecting to top 8? 1000 players are expecting to win EVO? Obviously people don't want to lose, but entertainment and fun is one of the reasons the smash community is large and growing at a rapid pace, because it's fun. That's why theres Zelda and Puff mains out there also. Obviously discussing character balance in this thread should strictly be competitive, but striking down and calling people fools for entering events for FUN is absurd. I payed about $100 to get into GOML and I sadly drowned in pools, but do I regret it? No.

EDIT: @Das Koopa Can confirm Xyrohip is in top 96 (Fox/Sonic), got 3rd seed in Nairo's pool. ALSO Jpeds beating Alphicans is not an upset at all, Jpeds is Ottowa's top player and has placed very well in Ontario events before.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This explains ZeRo's missed techs, probably:

http://www.thescoreesports.com/news/7959
Or that the tech timing for Dorf's Side-B is unusual, and if you don't play the MU regularly it can be easy to get thrown off. Speaking of Dorf, I feel that, assuming her nerfs do in fact relegate Bayo to being a niche character in the meta, his relative viability is substantially improved, even though he's still clearly low tier. The Bayo MU is still tough for him due to Bullet Climax and edgeguarding, but it's perhaps no longer the worst MU in the game, and is likely to be one he's forced to deal with far less. His other top tier MUs are still uphill but generally not impossible. Sheik and Diddy are still nasty, but Kalm's track record against Diddy suggests that the MU might not be quite that terrible, and he at least generally can stay alive for a while against Sheik after her nerfs. The other top tier MUs are rough, but Pika is generally the scariest he has to watch out for, and he's thankfully rare. So I'm feeling that not having 1.1.5 Bayo running around everywhere might shift the meta to the point where he's at least not bottom 5.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
whenever i get flame choked i mash shield. it gets me the tech relatively consistently. weird tech timings can be circumvented by mashing.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I think mashing techs makes you miss the window 2/3rd of the time. It was this way in previous titles.

Also, the window in smash 4 is smaller, right?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Emblem Lord Emblem Lord , has it been that long since you went to a Smash major bro? lol
It may be dying, that grassroots feel due to invading e-sports, but forever has smash majors been akin to a convention / mass gathering of friends more so than an actual tournament.
If it was just a tournament to try to place in the money, then a lot less people would bother considering how there's a 90% chance you're going to come back with some "apex flu" or "genesis disease" due to too much partying and seedy less hygienic oversights the average gamer has (blame the tendency for clumping 10+ people into 2-bed rooms).

The more we opt for preference towards stream viewership while at the same time culling the player experience, the more likely your post-apocalyptic understanding of smash majors will come to pass, unfortunately.
But I think for any and all oldbies that dynamic will never die, and if you're actively involved with your local scene and travel as a group you'll never miss out either.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ok Pit talk time.

Since the game came out people have referred to the Pits as solid characters with all the tools to win. But if that is the case, why aren't they making a bigger splash? At first glance they seem to be more functional then say Ike another swordsman, but the results don't reflect that.

Pit and Dark Pit imo are ironically the "Ryu" type in this game. Jack-of-all trades, but a master of none. This would mean they can play any situation or position relatively well right? Hmm, the thing is though, I am not so sure about that. The results and the frame data do not reflect two characters that are good. I suppose good is subjective, but this is a competitive community and people want to see a return on their investment. So with that in mind let us say that good means "can top 8 at a regional with strong players, and do so consistently". With this thought in mind we can instantly disregard the Pits. There are a slew of characters that are scarier and more devastating. Not to mention much more consistent.

But what's the problem? They have decent range, solid burst options, disjointed hitboxes due to their blades, good recovery and nice KO power right? Well, lets look at the data. They seem to have solid buttons at first glance but in reality their grounded pokes are underwhelming and pretty darn unsafe. Pits D-tilt is frame 6 and -13 on SHIELD DROP?!? That is abysmal and it only does 6% on hit and leads to no guaranteed follow-ups. Contrast that to say Mewtwo who also has a 6 frame d-tilt but his is -3 on shield drop (crazy) and we get a clearer picture of how under tuned this move really is. Yes it has huge range for a tilt but it is not scary or threatening in anyway. It can lose to SH approaches like all dtilts and loses to shield as well which is uncharacteristic of most swordsman dtilts. Ike's dtilt is ONE FRAME slower, but safer and DOES lead to combos. It is -8 on shield drop. Nintendo has me scratching my head on this button here because the garbage data doesnt justify how small the reward is for the Pits.

What about f-tilt? Lots of people felt this was THE poke that all pokes should aspire too. It covers a good amount of space, decent damage, nice start-up time at 10 frames too. However it is also VERY unsafe at -15 on shield drop. It can kill decently well at the ledge. It kills Mario on FD, no DI around 110%. But then you have Ike and Marth. Ike's ftilt is slower at 13 frames but at also safer at -12 and does more shield pushback. Kills a bit earlier. About 5% sooner. Marth's ftilt....lolz. Frame 8. -10 on shield with tipper. Kills at 95% at the ledge of FD. Again Nintendo....I don't get it. Granted Pits ftilt has a ton of range, but that range doesnt do anything to mitigate how unsafe the button is. Its an ok punish, but Pits f-smash has the same start-up so any situation where you could ftilt you could f-smash instead for deadlier results.

Burst options in neutral is another category they receive praise for. A good dash attack and dash grab keeps foes guessing at mid range. While its true these options are speedy, they are not what I would call scary. D-throw leads to real combos at low percents, but no death conversions. Dash attack is fast and beats alot of stuff, but again it doesnt lead to anything. And of course it isnt safe. If thats the game you want to play, then you could play MK or Captain Falcon. They do that part of the neutral better AND have safer ground buttons.

Ok, well how about aerials? Overall they are solid actually, but Pit has the same problem Marth did before the buffs he got to his nair. Pit lacks flow from his SH air game to his ground game. He has nair and fair as auto cancels which definitely helps, but he cannot suddenly transition from an aerial based offense and go right into grounded mix-ups or pressure. This makes him more predictable. It makes him less threatening.

Specials are pretty good. Giving him a well rounded neutral game. He has a projectile, a reflector, and a super armored attack that lets him punish predictability. His projectile however isn't scary. It doesnt set up for anything. It can gimp opponents that are far off stage or annoy opponents that are on stage. That is about it. He cannot keep up constant pressure. His reflector does its job and allows him to stay in the game vs other projectile users. Solid option. But not game changing. Mewtwos reflector doubles as a command grab that does 12%. Something to think about. His side b lets him blow through an option in order to do decent damage. However its not particularly fast, is very unsafe, and doesn't kill well. Though Dark Pit's does kill better then Pit's.

So now onto recovery. Recovery is good as we all know. 3 jumps and a far reaching up b. If the Pit's aren't killed they should always make it back right? Yeah, but not without some broken limbs. See their up b has no hitbox. So its childs play to challenge. The Pit's are pretty easy prey to spike attempts, stage spikes if they mistime a tech and off stage harassment in general. Someone like Cloud can easily smack them with a dair through the stage.

IMO the only thing they really excel at is edgeguarding, but they arent even the best at that. Everything else is mediocre. At first glance it seems like they have all these solid tools. But when you inspect the data and then make direct comparisons to other similar tools in other characters arsenals, the Pit's fall short and look weaker and weaker by comparison.

They are the characters you pick to learn the game. Training wheels. They have no flaws that may cause you to lose a match, but they definitely don't have the juice that will help you win or allow you the creativity to develop your personal style. They are not dynamic enough or threatening enough. They have no niche. No trait they are dominant in. No incredible ability that is all their own. No Diddy banana control game, no Sheik godlike neutral and amazing bouncing fish, no ZSS zair and throw game, no Cloud limit system and limit cross slash and yeah.....no Ryu TSRK confirms that kill at ungodly low percents.

Even if you think they are good, there are just too many characters that can do what they do, but better/safer/faster/easier. And for me, thats evidence to show they just aren't good enough.
The Pit's results seem fine to me... In Japan. Earth may of gotten out early this tournament but then Kuro somebody I don't think many of you even heard of until Das Koopa brought up after somebody called the frame data guy Kuro picked up the slack and got 13th. Kinda want to see who he fought here, actually.

I don't think Pit's lacking results in America cancel out his success in Japan.

I don't remember anybody praising Ftilt ever to be honest... It's not actually outclassed by Fsmash like you say, because the first hit on Fsmash is small (think Marth Fsmash lol) and the lingering hitbox really does matter in ledge getup situations. I suppose it's more of a second Fsmash then anything.

Dtilt's alright but you're ignoring the important one again. Jab. Do the math... Twice as big as Marth's with the same frame data, and f10, f6 and f5 Smash attacks. Falling down and shielding gets you grabbed, jumping gets you hit, and airdodging out... Yeah.

I mean, you can pick apart Dtilt and Ftilt all you want but it doesn't matter because those don't usually need to be used as safe pokes. It's like complaining how unsafe Cloud's Fair is when Uair exists.

Pit's got effective dash options, though yes they're not scary. That's probably why Earth walks 99% of the time.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Pit's air to ground game... Pit's Nair is even safer then Marth's.

Again, not scary, but Pit's arrows are very good in neutral since he can fire them as fast as Luigi's fireballs. You're also kinda underrating GOs here because they shut down a lot of recovery options, such as Sonic's side B or Clamhazzard above the ledge, and have other uses like punishing Z-drops with keys and books with death. Yeah, in certain MUs it's mostly worthless, but in others it kills at 25% because somebody misspaced a recovery.

It's not often Pit gets hit at all offstage. Commit to anything offstage and Pit makes it back. Attempt to react to his Uspecial and he's already on the ledge. Even if you did want to intercept his side B you need something unreactable yourself, and the Pit needs to be dumb enough to fly into it when he could just AD past the ledge and outsmart you from below.

See, I don't think so. Who can even hope to gimp or even mess with Sheik or ZSS besides Pit and his arrows? Even if it's not the best but it's very unique and powerful.

Well of course they're going to look bad when you compare most of their stuff to other characters. How good an individual move is doesn't matter if the character attached is bad, and similarly a mediocre move can work great on the right character. Like seriously if MK Uair was on somebody without a ton of jumps it'd be pretty bad. Even Sheik has near-useless moves... There's something that can be said about a character who can be expected to use every move in a match.

I mean, I just don't agree with the rest.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
1st - Kamemushi :4megaman:
2nd - Rain :4cloud2: :4diddy:
3rd Nietono :4diddy: :4sheik: :4metaknight:
4th Yuzu :rosalina:

5th FILIP :4mario:
5th Kie :4peach:
7th Raito :4duckhunt:
7th Yoc :4corrinf:

9th Fuwa :4marth:
9th Kappamaki :4metaknight:
9th Nyanko :4sheik:
9th Tsu- :4lucario:

13th Brood :4duckhunt:
13th kept :4villager:
13th Kuro :4pit:
13th Taiheita :4lucas:

* Kamemushi used Cloud/Wario and Nietono used Corrin but neither won anything with them.
* Rain took games off Kamemushi with Sheik but lost the set
* A charizard player named Asuteka got 17th
* KEN, the winner of the previous Umebura, placed only 17th
* Shu was the highest placing Bayonetta, also at 17th
* Abadango placed only 33rd, eliminated by a Villager player [after losing to kept's Villager at the previous Umebura]
* Earth placed 33rd, Umeki even worse at 49th

:059:
Sorry to bring up a day old post, but do you know if the matches of that Rosa player are on youtube?

Edit: This is unrelated, but does anyone know where I can find data for shieldstun and hitstun modifiers on moves? Kurogane hammer doesn't have that

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I learned something: Bayonetta does not do a front flip like Falco and Pikachu, instead, she does a backwards back flip. Basically, she does what Falco and Nash do for their Up Smash and Somersault Shell, respectively, but with a back flip which results in a front flip like Falco and Pikachu's Uair. Here's the animation from Furil's hitbox visualization thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/bayonetta-hitbox-visualization.435127/.

Curious as to why that is; her Uair being a backwards back flip and a back flip like in her game.
First off, you'll need to forgive my ignorance about Bayonetta. If anything I say is wrong, please correct me. Uair hitting back means that for hitting in the front, it's going to happen really late. For Bayonetta whose Uair is frame 9, its front hit is around +12 frames. Not really good for continuous juggling like how Captain Falcon, Mario, and ZSS use their back flip Uairs since most moves tend to send you up and forwards rather than up and backwards. For Bayonetta to reliably do that, you'd always have to make sure to have her back facing towards her opponent which isn't an ideal thing. People would generally pick another, easier option which in her case, is Witch Twist and Afterburner Kick to combo. Her Uair is usually used as a finisher where it doesn't really matter since she's usually so high up there after her combos. At the same time, as it hits in the back first, she can probably setup Bair as she doesn't have to land to turn around as she doesn't have multiple jumps, an aerial that turns her around like Lucina, Marth, and Roy's Bair, or something like Melee Falco and Fox's Reflector allowing them to "pivot".

Because Witch Twist puts people up high close to the blast zone it can't be "strong". With the way it's tuned now, it's kind of strong, functioning like pre-1.0.8 Falco -- 1.0.8 tried to give him a continuous juggle which doesn't work considering how his Uair hits and his general mobility, but that's another story --, Fox, Marth, and Roy's Uair that are "strong hit" juggles. They're likely to only get 1 Uair in the air before having to land and would mostly chase their opponent on the ground who are falling down rather than chasing them in the air. This works, but is it Bayonetta? Not really. She's more of the I'll hit you several times, style on you, and then KO you. Maybe a Uair that can be used to continually juggle in the air would work better with her.

Back-hitting Uairs can work as continuous juggles, but they need to be fast and also "weak" either in lower damage or lower knockback. Remember the forbidden one? Yeah, Pikachu... Heh, I summon Pikachu the Forbidden One! *cue Yu-Gi-Oh!'s opening* Anyway, Pikachu's front flip Uair works as a continuous juggle because the front hit ends up being around +6 not +12 like Bayonetta's or Falco's +10 not to mention having much lower damage, so that it offsets it's high knockback allowing Pikachu's Uair to create enough hit stun to continually Uair at low to mid-percents. Here's the problem, could you imagine what the hell would happen if Bayonetta's Uair was remotely as fast as Pikachu's? It would make Witch Twist to Uair really scary.

As a forward back flip, it'd be like Captain Falcon, Mario, or ZSS's Uair if tuned right. Really, it would. As a finisher, it wouldn't change much given power doesn't really matter when you're right next to the blast zone. As a juggle, it probably would make it much more dangerous combined with Witch Twist or it could act as a mixup making players guess if she's going to do Witch Twist or Uair and how to respond to them. It would need to heavily re-tuned -- overhauled --, though. It would need lower knockback like lower base, but more of an average 100 growth or perhaps lower growth, but with its high base. At frame 9 it might work as it still keeps Bayonetta's high startup while still being relatively fast enough, but it could be lower. Hit angle could be a bit shallower like at or below 70 degrees instead of 75 or a more horizontal angle which could allow her setup Afterburner Kick or even her other aerials more easily. Problem with that is it would make Uair much more scarier as an edgeguard option if it's a bit too powerful. Main idea would be to emphasize Bayonetta combos you in the air by giving her another tool to juggle continually and it could give her a weird niche to her Uair. The funny thing is that it's kind of possible for it be changed into a forward back flip if the developers manage to somehow cut out the turning animation that happens during its startup and "flip" it so she Uairs in front of her. Outside of the turn, it's a regular back flip. Then again, another option is making it so her Uair pops people up and behind her to try and emulate a continuous juggle. It'd need an angle of like +110 degrees to do that.

For the record, I'm not saying Bayonetta's Uair is bad; Bayonetta's Uair is actually really good at what it does and what it can do. If I implied that, then forgive my poor wording and writing. It's just curious why her Uair is a backwards back flip rather than a forwards one like in her game and like most characters.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So you're saying 489 people at GOML are expecting to top 8? 1000 players are expecting to win EVO? Obviously people don't want to lose, but entertainment and fun is one of the reasons the smash community is large and growing at a rapid pace, because it's fun. That's why theres Zelda and Puff mains out there also. Obviously discussing character balance in this thread should strictly be competitive, but striking down and calling people fools for entering events for FUN is absurd. I payed about $100 to get into GOML and I sadly drowned in pools, but do I regret it? No.

EDIT: @Das Koopa Can confirm Xyrohip is in top 96 (Fox/Sonic), got 3rd seed in Nairo's pool. ALSO Jpeds beating Alphicans is not an upset at all, Jpeds is Ottowa's top player and has placed very well in Ontario events before.
idk guys like ok....you need to understand something. ok someone called Anti a monster. Do you not realize that young man lives in my state? As well as other so called monsters? And I'm an hour away from NYC as well. More monsters. So maybe...just maybe....my outlook of competitive gaming is different because I live in a super concentrated area full of high talent. So I suppose my mindset has been shaped by that. And ok yeah maybe you didn't to hit top 8. But I would expect that you wished to learn some things some so that one day you WILL top 8. That you would go to a major and at least have the intent to learn and become stronger. That is also a very real goal for competitive gamers.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ally and Anti are monsters... Just... No... Rip Mew2king and Nairo. Some of the best Smash 4 players in the world. I mean yeah Ally and Anti are incredibly good. But I didn't expect that kind of dominance.
Ally and Anti are arguably the best doubles players there are, especially Anti.

Sorry to bring up a day old post, but do you know if the matches of that Rosa player are on youtube?
They'll be uploaded eventually.

:059:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
People might not strive to be first at every major, but they want to do the best that they can. In a competitive setting the majority of the entrants will care a lot if they win or lose. In tourney, fun comes third to winning and learning.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
For me personally learning directly equates to having fun.

But I suppose I am in the minority with all my talk of getting stronger and striving to unlock your potential and all that.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
What are you, a shounen anime protagonist?
I know right? Crazy that someone part of a competitive community from a strong region for many competitive games, has ACTUAL competitive values and principals.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd...I'm done fam.

my_T

Smash Journeyman
LancerStaff LancerStaff Please stop spreading misinformation about marth and pits jab. Marths jab is just better in every way. I don't know what game you're playing but the pits jab isn't "twice as big"; in fact marth jab has slightly more range. Also Marths jab is just as fast coming out at frame 5 but it also has one more active frame and one less frame of end-lag, and it's more versatile as it makes for a good anti air. Marth's jab...is definitely better.

the pits dtilt has slightly more range than marths, not "twice as much"

and the pits arrows have more start-up and end-lag than luigi's fireball

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Did Lancer say Pits Nair is safer then Marth's?

Safer on what? block? Doesnt even matter because its just not true. Marth is safer due to range and push back on shield. Heck I didnt even mention his aerial safety. You also didn't refute my point. Pits aerials do not transition well to his ground game. A similar problem Marth had. Meaning he cannot land with an aerial safely on a shield then keep up pressure. He can AC with Nair and Fair which helps, but its not quite as seamless.

Also did you basically imply that I shouldnt compare one chars tools to another? What?

Then how in the world would you come to a conclusion about tiers or match-ups? That's all this stuff is. Tool comparisons and interactions.

Also its pretty darn obvious to me you don't read frame data or test hitboxes for yourself. Do that.

Last edited:

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
LancerStaff LancerStaff Please stop spreading misinformation about marth and pits jab. Marths jab is just better in every way. I don't know what game you're playing but the pits jab isn't "twice as big"; in fact marth jab has slightly more range. Also Marths jab is just as fast coming out at frame 5 but it also has one more active frame and one less frame of end-lag, and it's more versatile as it makes for a good anti air. Marth's jab...is definitely better.

the pits dtilt has slightly more range than marths, not "twice as much"

and the pits arrows have more start-up and end-lag than luigi's fireball
Tiny nitpick, but I believe that Pit's arrows in the air have very similar frame data to Luigi's fireballs. At least from what I've heard. Also, I haven't been able to tune into GOML at all. I know that Zero has been using Diddy Kong, but has he pulled out Sheik at all?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Ok Pit talk time.

Since the game came out people have referred to the Pits as solid characters with all the tools to win. But if that is the case, why aren't they making a bigger splash? At first glance they seem to be more functional then say Ike another swordsman, but the results don't reflect that.
If you can name me more than 2 active notable Pit mains besides Earth I'll give you a cookie. The character can't get much results if nobody notable plays him. It's the same scenario for Ryu isn't it?

Pits D-tilt is frame 6 and -13 on SHIELD DROP?!? That is abysmal and it only does 6% on hit and leads to no guaranteed follow-ups. Contrast that to say Mewtwo who also has a 6 frame d-tilt but his is -3 on shield drop (crazy) and we get a clearer picture of how under tuned this move really is. Yes it has huge range for a tilt but it is not scary or threatening in anyway. The garbage data doesnt justify how small the reward is for the Pits.
When you compare his dtilt to one of the best in the game of course it's going to look terrible. Admittedly its not the best dtilt but it isn't as useless as you think. It works decently with Pit's moveset, it pops them up into the air where he wants them, and it's not hard to catch most character's landings between dash attack, fsmash, side b, etc (for obvious reasons).
-13 ain't that bad if you actually considered the huge range you said it has. Shield drop is 7 frames that means the opponent has 6 frames to try and punish. How many characters have a move that fast and covers the distance of a spaced dtilt? And then take into account how quick it is, how many people can react to punish it in time if possible in a real game? (insert beefysmashdude's video here).

What about f-tilt? Lots of people felt this was THE poke that all pokes should aspire too. It covers a good amount of space, decent damage, nice start-up time at 10 frames too. However it is also VERY unsafe at -15 on shield drop. It can kill decently well at the ledge. It kills Mario on FD, no DI around 110%. But then you have Ike and Marth. Ike's ftilt is slower at 13 frames but at also safer at -12 and does more shield pushback. Kills a bit earlier. About 5% sooner. Marth's ftilt....lolz. Frame 8. -10 on shield with tipper. Kills at 95% at the ledge of FD. Again Nintendo....I don't get it. Granted Pits ftilt has a ton of range, but that range doesnt do anything to mitigate how unsafe the button is. Its an ok punish, but Pits f-smash has the same start-up so any situation where you could ftilt you could f-smash instead for deadlier results.
It is safe like dtilt when spaced. Admittedly the disjoint itself isn't that big, but Pit leans out then back in when he uses the move, creating alot of space that few if any characters can punish and even then they have an extremely small window to react to it.. No you wouldn't use fsmash in any situation where you would use ftilt. Ftilt lasts 4 frames, longer than both marth and ike's ftilts. It's great for catching people on the ledge (whether it be the normal getup, jump, etc) safely and is decent poke. Ftilt can also be used to hipcheck as it pushes people in front of Pit. In Dark Pit's case ftilt sets up into a techchase scenario with the electroshock and guarantees a followup on quite a few characters.....god forbid they chose to roll to the ledge. Fsmash is better for catching landings and for punishes it only lasts 2 frames.

Burst options in neutral is another category they receive praise for. A good dash attack and dash grab keeps foes guessing at mid range. While its true these options are speedy, they are not what I would call scary. D-throw leads to real combos at low percents, but no death conversions. Dash attack is fast and beats alot of stuff, but again it doesnt lead to anything. And of course it isnt safe. If thats the game you want to play, then you could play MK or Captain Falcon. They do that part of the neutral better AND have safer ground buttons.
I wouldn't trade Pit's dash attack for MK's or his dash grab for Falcons. They all use their tools in their own way. Falcon's dash grab is great and all but it would totally screw me up trying to get a dash grab midrange because of how fast he slides/runs. In falcons case it's great because it lets him get in and get it done. He doesn't have disjoints to play it midrange as well as Pit. MK's dash attack is great but Pit would not get nearly as much out of it as MK. I'd rather keep my disjointed dash attack to deal with say....an opponent landing with an aerial.

Ok, well how about aerials? Overall they are solid actually, but Pit has the same problem Marth did before the buffs he got to his nair. Pit lacks flow from his SH air game to his ground game. He has nair and fair as auto cancels which definitely helps, but he cannot suddenly transition from an aerial based offense and go right into grounded mix-ups or pressure. This makes him more predictable. It makes him less threatening.
Fair, Nair, and Bair are all safe on shield when spaced. Bair being -5, Nair and Fair being -6 when perfectly autocancelled (you need to shff). All of these can be spaced outside of shield grab range. Unless you have a frame 5 disjointed OoS option like say, marth you're not punishing this. In nairs case since it doesn't have much range opponents can generally punish it with a jab or something from shield drop but this is where nair's ability to cross people over while still applying shield pressure until Pit lands is really good. I hope I don't have to explain to you the implications behind these stats.

Specials are pretty good. Giving him a well rounded neutral game. He has a projectile, a reflector, and a super armored attack that lets him punish predictability. His projectile however isn't scary. It doesnt set up for anything. It can gimp opponents that are far off stage or annoy opponents that are on stage. That is about it. He cannot keep up constant pressure. His reflector does its job and allows him to stay in the game vs other projectile users. Solid option. But not game changing. Mewtwos reflector doubles as a command grab that does 12%. Something to think about. His side b lets him blow through an option in order to do decent damage. However its not particularly fast, is very unsafe, and doesn't kill well. Though Dark Pit's does kill better then Pit's.
Pit's arrows don't setup into anything?!? This is just wrong, they work extremly well in forcing airdodges offstage and onstage so that Pit can get a followup, if they do hit an opponent the hitstun allows pit to get followups anyway, they are also extremelt helpful in setting up juggles. And then there are mixups with shooting arrows upwards (which have brawl endlag aka none). Transitioning between arrows and moves is exactly how he keeps up constant pressure. You need to fight some better Pits dude, and stop theorycrafting without a proper base. You know what else is something to think about? Pit's reflector blocks attacks allowing him to safely get back to the ground or ledge (there is more to this but I don't feel the need to explain) and when it shatters it cuts the endlag allowing it to act as a pseudo counter. lol "though Dark Pit's does kill better than Pit's" that is an understatement. the move is filthy.

So now onto recovery. Recovery is good as we all know. 3 jumps and a far reaching up b. If the Pit's aren't killed they should always make it back right? Yeah, but not without some broken limbs. See their up b has no hitbox. So its childs play to challenge. The Pit's are pretty easy prey to spike attempts, stage spikes if they mistime a tech and off stage harassment in general. Someone like Cloud can easily smack them with a dair through the stage.
Pit's multiple jumps and super armoured side b are often more than enough to get him back on stage safely. Are there any moves that will launch him from onstage at a low ennough angle such that he has to use his up B? Not many if any.
So when does Pit have to use his up b? Generally after an edgeguard attempt, successful or not you are in no position to harrass him here. I honestly can't think of any other scenarios.
It's not child play to edgeguard a Pit, you say they are good at edgeguarding and this is directly linked to their good offstage presence, with multiple jumps disjointed aerials a super armoured side b, they have quite a few options. It's only if you somehow manage limit them to their UpB are they vulnerable but how would you do that?

IMO the only thing they really excel at is edgeguarding, but they arent even the best at that. Everything else is mediocre. At first glance it seems like they have all these solid tools. But when you inspect the data and then make direct comparisons to other similar tools in other characters arsenals, the Pit's fall short and look weaker and weaker by comparison.
That's because your comparing Pit's tools seperately to the best tools of everyone else, that isn't a fair comparison at all. He's got a decent bit of everything and that's what makes him so solid. If you actually compared him 1 on 1 to certain characters you'll see that they do better than him some areas but worse in others, no character should have the best of everything.

They are the characters you pick to learn the game. Training wheels. They have no flaws that may cause you to lose a match, but they definitely don't have the juice that will help you win or allow you the creativity to develop your personal style. They are not dynamic enough or threatening enough. They have no niche. No trait they are dominant in. No incredible ability that is all their own. No Diddy banana control game, no Sheik godlike neutral and amazing bouncing fish, no ZSS zair and throw game, no Cloud limit system and limit cross slash and yeah.....no Ryu TSRK confirms that kill at ungodly low percents. Even if you think they are good, there are just too many characters that can do what they do, but better/safer/faster/easier. And for me, thats evidence to show they just aren't good enough.
Well you could look at it that way.....I guess.....but I digress. Imo You don't pick a character to learn the game, You learn a character to play the game. But we are delving into abstract stuff here so I'll just leave it as opinions, not gonna say either is wrong or right. Dynamic is the exact word I'd use to describe them, that is their niche, they have no trait they are dominant in, no incredible ability all to themselves, yes I agree with all that but they have a little of everything which makes them versatile. They don't suck vs campy characters, they don't suck vs rush down characters, they don't suck vs spacies they can deal with everyone quite well because they are versatile.
Sure they aren't threatening but they are extremely solid, someone like DK would be threatening but he's not as solid as Pit and that is what makes them good. They don't need to have powerful tools like TSRK or ding dongs or bouncing fish to be good.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
If you can name me more than 2 active notable Pit mains besides Earth I'll give you a cookie.
Paseriman and Plastic Poptart

Edit:Just realized you said MORE than 2, so Paseriman, Kuro, Plastic Poptart, and Kibzu (17th at Beast)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom