• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4BR Public Relations Discussion

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Taking this from what started in the suggestion box, but one of the most important things with keeping the community connected to this room is by PR.

There's already been a few suggestions of it (and personal plans from myself, which may or may not need the help of some of you to provide input), we do need some kind of PR player, as well as some other things.

While the spot of PR could be held by multiple people, a few of the ideas that have been presented include having a public member list and Q&A thread in the competitive forum, me acting as an author and "writer" for the 4BR (publishing articles about the room, when major lists and information appears I'd post it on the front page and a competitive thread, member applications, the monthly series, etc), podcasts, tutoring, having someone potentially connect via social media, and so on.

Feel free to give feedback and input below.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I like the idea of a member list and Q&A thread, as well as a podcast in the future. Tutoring seems pretty difficult for most, but some members may be able to do it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That's definitely a multiple person job.

As a separate entity from the site, treating ourselves as such on social media is a must.
There should defintely be a 4BR twitter, etc. Thats not a "potential" thing. That's must-have imho.
One of the goals is apparently autonomy. Only keeping updates on SWF (and ergo SWF being the one to tweet stuff out and such) goes against that. It's fine that they do that, and they will since our updates and content will end up on the front page, but we should also do that ourselves with our own media accounts.
And running social media accounts, done well, should have their own person doing such. Because stuff like that is important and shouldn't be left with someone who's also doing a bunch of other public relations-related things.

Public member list is I guess something we should do ourselves yeah. Considering if we don't someone else is just gonna do it unofficially anyway. If we do it we should also include links to members' social media accounts. Nice thing to include.
Q&A thread is a good idea. Which should have its own person in charge of it imo.
Again, multiple person job. Though ofc there'd be a general PR over-seer of sorts (Cam/Neo/Reflex)

M@v

Subarashii!
Facebook page to post announcements would be good too. One of the fan pages where users can just follow to get all of the pages updates and we don't have to approve requests.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd be down in assisting or at least over-seeing social media outlets.

:093:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I personally think a PR gig should be the responsibility of one person--as much as possible, at least. It's important for the 4BR to have a knowledgable yet approachable and personable face with which the community feels they can interact with easily.

In my mind, a QA thread and member list is a must, as is social media. A podcast with regular guests would also be incredible. Video would be even better.

Ultimately what's most important with PR in my mind is letting the community know about the people behind the Smash tags. If we can put a personal stamp on the members of the 4BR, it will make the 4BR seem less "elitist."

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm definitely down to help with aspects of PR. I doubt I can be the main guy though with my schedule though.

M@v

Subarashii!
Wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty with PR stuff too. Don't have much experience with it on a national level like this (I was never the PR guy in the URC or BBR :3) but I've done plenty of it for my region, in terms of announcements, tourneys, etc. I've been wanting to start live streaming too, so I could definitely use a 4BR podcast as an excuse to do that :p. Stream it from my channel or make a shared 4BR channel.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty with PR stuff too. Don't have much experience with it on a national level like this (I was never the PR guy in the URC or BBR :3) but I've done plenty of it for my region, in terms of announcements, tourneys, etc. I've been wanting to start live streaming too, so I could definitely use a 4BR podcast as an excuse to do that :p. Stream it from my channel or make a shared 4BR channel.
Would likely have either our own channel or perhaps use the SB channel.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Out of curiosity, how has the other Back Rooms handled PR in the past? And I'm down to help if needed.
In the BBR, we had a public QA thread with an updated member list. Roughly once a month I hosted an audio interview where a BBR member (as voted on in a public thread) got interviewed about Smash/general stuff. They were a ton of fun, but scheduling proved to be very difficult.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm assuming we're taking our time before promoting the Twitter?

I'd be happy to help run it, if you still need hands. I do a lot of Twitter.

YouTube stuff will be quite a monster to tackle, so perhaps we should open the floor as to wether or not people think there should be a Smashboards YouTube or a 4BR YouTube.

I personally think Smashboards name would bring more people, and there can just be series "presented", so to speak, by the 4BR, on behalf of Smashboards, being the brand.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm assuming we're taking our time before promoting the Twitter?

I'd be happy to help run it, if you still need hands. I do a lot of Twitter.

YouTube stuff will be quite a monster to tackle, so perhaps we should open the floor as to wether or not people think there should be a Smashboards YouTube or a 4BR YouTube.

I personally think Smashboards name would bring more people, and there can just be series "presented", so to speak, by the 4BR, on behalf of Smashboards, being the brand.

I've been really backed up with work and moving. If you're down to help, that would definitely be appreciated. :)

Agreed that if a YT account gets made, it should be a Smashboards name.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just so you guys are aware, I think I'm the only one who has ever tweeted using the 4BR Twitter... (@Sm4shBR)

I think Neo Zero created it, which might make things a little difficult right now, but who all else has access to it currently?

I used the Twitter to capitalize on the hype of our patch notes thread. This was an opportunity that shouldn't have been squandered to get our name out there, which is why I jumped on it.

However, I don't think can be my main focus. If there's someone who thinks they can handle this as a "Full-Time" position, please let me know. I'm still happy to assist but I can't run it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I have access along with Zigsta Zigsta .

Not sure who else has it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have access along with Zigsta Zigsta .

Not sure who else has it.
Would one of you be interested in taking the lead on this or should we open it up to someone else?

Do either of you have the password? I was only added to the Tweet Deck...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Tweet Deck only.

I've got my hands full with a few other things; I could likely assist with it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Understood. Maybe I'll take this to a new thread to get more attention towards it.

Zigsta Zigsta , you don't happen to know the login info, do you? ;_;

@Locuan? I think you spoke to Neo Zero most recently. I haven't been able to reach him.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I only have Tweet Deck access and do not have the login credentials.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I figured as much.

Begrudgingly, we'll most likely have to create a new Twitter altogether. Not my ideal choice or direction for this but... Yeah.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Bump.

I noticed that a new 4BR Twitter was made (Smash4BR).

Who created it and who all currently has access to it, etc.?

I'm fine with this initiative, as it needed to be done, but just want to be in on the loop and make sure everyone is on the same page.

I wonder if the old account can be deactivated through TweetDeck...

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Bump.

I noticed that a new 4BR Twitter was made (Smash4BR).

Who created it and who all currently has access to it, etc.?

I'm fine with this initiative, as it needed to be done, but just want to be in on the loop and make sure everyone is on the same page.

I wonder if the old account can be deactivated through TweetDeck...

I believe @AlphaZealot made that.

Top Bottom