• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(-4/25-) Impact Clash IV: Deliverance. Atlanta, GA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The next step in the tournament series "Impact Clash" continues with Impact Clash IV: Deliverance. Justin Wong and Team Kapital will once again be in the building. Everything will run much faster and Team Kapital will be helping me run the tournament. We will try our absolute best to stay on schedule unlike the past times. 1 p.m. is the estimated start time so that means a strict cut off around 12:30 p.m. for people registering so ensure that everything will run and begin on time. This time around we're putting more of a focus on the team tournaments so that everyone can work with one another together on getting better at the games. Team tournaments are fun and since they will be on day one they will allow everyone to feel out their competition and be ready for day two with the singles.

Here is a video that shows just how hype our last tournament was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_BDsTGtiiA

Text Message List
We collected quite a bit of phone numbers and email addresses from Impact Clash 3 and our text message and email list has quite a bit of members. But for anyone wanting to join our text message list text JOIN5478Q to 68398 and you will be apart of the Impact Clash text message list. You will receive updates on the tournament and future tournaments and events. You can opt out any time you wish. The plan is to send text message updates the day of the event to let people know when a game is about to begin so those of you still on your way will know how much more time you have. We'll see how it works out.

4040 Bankhead Highway
Douglasville, GA 30315.

Date:
April 25th
8 a.m. to 12 free play.
1 p.m. tournament start.

Closest Hotel:

5489 Westmoreland Plaza
I-20 Exit 37 & Fairburn Rd
Douglasville, GA 30134 US
$55/night

Directions:
Last time there were a number of people who were confused about how to reach the venue. The venue is located at the Greystone Power Corporation. The building will say "Greystone" in huge letters on the front of it. If you are coming off I-20 and get on to Thorton Road you ride that all the way up to a street named "Bankhead Highway". Once you get on that street you turn left. Then, you ride Bankhead Highway down (it will turn into Veteran's Memorial and then back into Bankhead Highway). It is a pretty decent ride, about a 15 minute ride or so. You will see one water tower in the distance. You will pass that water tower. You'll then see another water tower in the distance, you will not pass that water tower (if you do then you've gone too far). Keep going and look to your right and you will see a huge building with Greystone on it. That is the tournament building. We will put a huge banner/sign in the front of the venue to ensure that people find it this time but follow those directions and you will not get lost.

So far the main event will be Justin Wong vs. SSJGeorgeBush in a first to 7 in Super Street Fighter HD: Remix! The match will be broadcasted through our JustinTV online channel so all of you who do not attend will be able to watch the footage live from home! We are also going to try our best to broadcast all the finals through online streaming as well for everyone at home to watch. The channel will also be setup throughout the entire day so you all can view how many people are in the room and watch other tournament matches as well all day long. It will be displayed on a projector for you guys to watch and split to a TV for the two players to play on. We will use all but one projector for showing different games throughout the

Lastly you guys asked for it, you hyped it up and we're including it in this tournament. We're giving it it's own $1.00 tournament! The hype for this game is out of orbit. For those of you who don't know you have to come and experience 1 on 1 government. Yes, it will be on a projector and yes it will be super hyped! Hope to see you there.

Door Fee: $10

1 on 1 Government $1
Street Fighter IV
*Street Fighter Alpha 3 Singles $5
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $10
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (2v2) $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $10
Soul Calibur IV Singles $10
*King of Fighters XI Singles $5
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Remix or classic we are only running one whichever one you guys decide. $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $10 Singles
Arcana Heart Singles 2 $10
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Singles $10
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core Singles $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Games with * only if enough people pre-register.

Guys please pre-register! I have had this problem every time. I would rather less people show up than on the pre-registration list than more than the pre-registration. Even if you think you can come just pre-register so I can have an accurate count of what to prepare for. Pre-register in this fashion:

Real name, nickname, location and then the games you want on the line below and below that any equipment (if any) you are bringing. in the following fashion:
Johnny James "Midnight Walker" Atlanta, GA
Street Fighter IV Singles, Super Turbo, Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2 w/ Dreamcast

Equipment waivers:
This time equipment waivers will only be given if you bring a full setup. A full setup meaning console, game, and TV. Before I tried partial equipment waivers but when there's no TVs to hook them up and I've given you an equipment waiver it does no good for the tournament as a whole. Let us know in the thread what you can bring so we can go from there as to how we plan on setting everything up in the room.

We will however make exceptions for PS3s w/ Street Fighter IV and Wii with Brawl, but only no more than a three of each without a TV. Pre-register with your equipment here so we can know. I will have a few TVs there for use to be hooked up to.

We need at least 3 copies of every game so make sure you guys bringing equipment let us know in this thread so we can know who is bringing what and what exactly we can expect. Also, make sure you arrive before 10:30 a.m. to bring and setup your equipment.

You must bring all your equipment for set up Saturday morning before 10 a.m. so we can know what we are working with. Please pre-register all your equipment here first.

All payouts will be 70/20/10.
Equipment waivers:
This time equipment waivers will only be given if you bring a full setup. A full setup meaning console, game, and TV. Before I tried partial equipment waivers but when there's no TVs to hook them up and I've given you an equipment waiver it does no good for the tournament as a whole. Let us know in the thread what you can bring so we can go from there as to how we plan on setting everything up in the room.

We need at least 3 copies of every game so make sure you guys bringing equipment let us know in this thread so we can know who is bringing what and what exactly we can expect. Also, make sure you arrive before 10:30 a.m. to bring and setup your equipment.

Team Tournament:
The team tournaments will work in this fashion. One player from each team goes against the other team. Whomever wins that match the loser's team puts their second person up to play. If the second player loses then their last and final player comes up to play. Once all three members on your team have lost you are sent to the loser's bracket. If you are in the loser's bracket you are out of the tournament. There is only one round per each player and no two characters on one team.

Rules:

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Shin Akuma and Shadowloo Bison Banned
Classic ISM is banned
Winner keeps same character loser changes

1 on 1 Government
2 out of 3 matches
Winner keeps same character
Angel Character (a.k.a. Devil Jin) is banned

Street Fighter IV
PS3
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Seth, Gouken, and Akuma will all be allowed in tournament play sorry for confusion.

Street Fighter IV (Teams) 3v3
PS3
Seth, Gouken, and Akuma will all be allowed in tournament play sorry for confusion.
No two teams can use the same character(s)

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Game version: US Dreamcast
You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

Tekken 5DR
PS3

If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds the match judge will enforce blind random stage select.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Ps2 English version

Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art's. The losing player can choose a new character.
Gill is banned in tournament play shawty!
The in-game judgment feature "WILL NOT" determine the outcome of draw games. You will have to play another 2/3 match to determine a "TRUE" winner!

Guilty Gear Accent Core
PS2
No ex, gold, shadow, or any other alternate characters allowed.
Button mapping for RC, Burst etc allowed.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

Super Street Fighter II: HD Remix
PS3
Any graphic or glitch errors will result in the match being played from the beginning regardless of where it glitched.

Super Street Fighter II HD: Remix Classic

Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character. "Akuma" is not allowed in tournament play.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl "Regular Brawl
Nintendo Wii

Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Lastly, there's been a change of plans for the Impact Clash IV qualifier. It will no longer be held at Computer Arena. Instead, it will be held at Waba (This month's Waba Brawl monthly.) and March 28th will be for HD Remix and Street Fighter IV. If you've attended Waba's monthlies in the past everything will remain the same except the winner will receive an Impact Clash IV trophy, a high seed at the next Impact Clash IV tournament in the respective game they've won, and their door fee waived at Impact Clash IV! So make sure you guys attend this month's Waba monthly so you can get a leg up on the competition.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Wii

Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
• Wobbling is BANNED

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onnett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counter picks.

Soul Calibur 4
PS3
Standard Tournament Rules
US Version

NO Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned
Console exclusive characters and AGOL BANNED!!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Wii

Winner keeps the same character's team/order. The loser can choose a new character's/teams.

No glitches of any kind allowed.

Hope to see you all there and I hope to make Impact Clash IV an even more successful event.

Pre-registration List:

1 on 1 government

1. Michael Bacarella "Metalmike31216" - Atlanta GA
2. Marty Osborne "GAPeach"
3. Ethan Dogan "Dogysamich"
4. "Tubes"
5. John Cowley "Albino" Snelville GA

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

1. Jarrod Easterwood, "SkinLikeWinter" Athens GA
2. Lounis Ait-Yahia, "biglou" Marietta GA
3. Michael Martin, "Teh Umby" College Park, GA
4. Musa Sillah, "Luffy" Marietta, GA
5. Sam Carlson "GTR" hiram/Ga
6. John Cowley "Albino" Snelville GA
7. Brandon Myers "Exile" Loganville, GA

Super Smash Bros: Melee

1. Maria Angseth "Lobelia Prime" -- Atlanta, GA
2. Ethan Dogan "Dogysamich"
3. "Afro Thundah"
4. "Polmex"
5. "Tubes"
6. Josh Davis, AFTR, Lawrenceville
7. Michael Buchheit, "FullMetal" Suwanee, GA
8. "Omega"
9. Ryan Young, "Shag" Stockbridge GA
10. John Cowley "Albino" Snelville GA
11. "Jewdo Smash" Columbus, Georgia
12. Cornel "C" Ritchie Stone Mountain GA

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix

2. Marty Osborne "GAPeach"
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

2. Cornel "C" Ritchie Stone Mountain GA

Street Fighter IV

1. Justin "Marvelous" Wong
2. Eric V. "Exist"
3. Michael Bacarella "Metalmike31216" - Atlanta GA
4. Maria Angseth "Lobelia Prime" -- Atlanta, GA
5. Marty Obsorne "GAPeach"
6. "Afro Thundah"
7. "Polmex23"
8. "Tubes"
9. Ryan Young, "Shag" Stockbridge GA
10. Jarrod Easterwood, "SkinLikeWinter" Athens GA
11. Cornel "C" Ritchie Stone Mountain GA

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

1. Mike "ATL Red" Atlanta

King of Fighters XI

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core

1. Marty Osborne "GAPeach"
2. Ethan Dogan "Dogysamich"
3. "Jewdo Smash" Columbus, Georgia

Soul Calibur 4

1. Ethan Dogan "Dogysamich"

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Last edited by a moderator:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
what a bunch of lame-*****. "Not at Waba?! WAHHHH!!!!!" Learn to deal...

on topic, i wanna pre-reg for the following:

TvC Singles(and maybe teams), GGXX Singles, Arcana Heart, SFIV Singles. that's all so far. on the fence about HD and ST.

P.S. - i can't BELIEVE i forgot to pre-reg for 1 on 1 Government.

Player-1

Smash Legend
what a bunch of lame-*****. "Not at Waba?! WAHHHH!!!!!" Learn to deal...

on topic, i wanna pre-reg for the following:

TvC Singles(and maybe teams), GGXX Singles, Arcana Heart, SFIV Singles. that's all so far. on the fence about HD and ST.

P.S. - i can't BELIEVE i forgot to pre-reg for 1 on 1 Government.
Some people can't drive that far or parent's refuse to drive that far or w/e, my parents refuse to drive an hour there and back and then do it again later, I want to go, but it's like...impossible for me.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it is not at Waba guys. Either way I go someone is disappointed. If I take it to the North side (Waba) the people on the southside are upset since they can't get a ride up there. If I take it to the southside then people on the north side are upset. Either way we go someone is not going to be near. I would love to cater to everyone, but unfortunately I cannot. The middle ground would be downtown Atlanta (which I tried the first two times) but people complained about the parking fees and expensive hotel areas around. No matter where we take it someone is going to be disappointed. I cannot really think of a middle ground that's fair for everyone.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'll try to remember to shake his hand when I see him :)

still sucks tho but he prolly had his reasons.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
He won Impact Clash II. His videos were amazing! Remember guys Brawl will all be ran in one day (Singles and doubles)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Alright since we have fiber optic internet I think now is a better time than ever to try to implement a Ustream or Justin TV at this tournament. I will supply as many computers as I can to try to do it. But the plan is to have at least three steams hooked up over the internet. Furthermore, the main event match will be aired as well. If anyone would like to volunteer setting up a Ustream or Justin TV let us know as we would like to have four streams going up at once.

Lastly, there's been a change of plans for the Impact Clash IV qualifier. It will no longer be held at Computer Arena. Instead, it will be held at Waba (This month's Waba Brawl monthly.) and March 28th will be for HD Remix and Street Fighter IV. If you've attended Waba's monthlies in the past everything will remain the same except the winner will receive an Impact Clash IV trophy, a high seed at the next Impact Clash IV tournament in the respective game they've won, and their door fee waived at Impact Clash IV! So make sure you guys attend this month's Waba monthly so you can get a leg up on the competition.

Umby

Smash Master
Alright, if I make this:

Kismet, for at least one match, I'm going to gimp your Falco with Sonic harder than last time and win at least one match of our set.

You'd better be there, or I will be a sad Umbreon. :(

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
dogy are u kidding me with this nobody is gonna read that **** cuz of ur wack-*** font/colors fix that **** plz!
**Looks up** doesnt look like it's been a problem so far.

____

If it bothers you so much, close the thread, open it yourself, and manage it.

Magnicious pm'd me and asked me to do it. And I havent heard a complaint about it yet. :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
interesting. if it doesnt fall on a gigs date i may come

Am i running the brawl brackets again?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i'm probably not coming, i quit too after what happened at this past tournament the entire weekend, i'm probably not attending, gigs might be my last thing that i'm attending for brawl...i dont plan to be at final round either

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
WTF happened ???
Every Single match of the day (doubles & singles) i either tripped a million times, got hit in wierd angles (without me DIing in those directions) and died for it, tripped into attacks, died at stupid % or someone tried to time me out...gdx died at 50% after a back air by D3, lots of really dumb **** happened that shouldn't have...

the one that got me the most was me tripping though, i tripped so much that i was just aggravated...none of my singles matches were even slightly fun, all of them were bull****, and unfortunately the people who main or use to main D3 don't want to tell us how to fight him, they say "grab him" like that makes any sense...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Biglou, are you permanent teammates with Desu, or would you ever be free to team at something like this?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Every Single match of the day (doubles & singles) i either tripped a million times, got hit in wierd angles (without me DIing in those directions) and died for it, tripped into attacks, died at stupid % or someone tried to time me out...gdx died at 50% after a back air by D3, lots of really dumb **** happened that shouldn't have...

the one that got me the most was me tripping though, i tripped so much that i was just aggravated...none of my singles matches were even slightly fun, all of them were bull****, and unfortunately the people who main or use to main D3 don't want to tell us how to fight him, they say "grab him" like that makes any sense...
I know where your coming from. In a tourney match once I tripped into a ddd side smash at 30 and died and lost the set, the ddd was at kill range too. Tripping is complete BS, I honelty truly don't see why tournies don't add the tripless hack, makes it more fun and don't have to worry about being gayed. Well if I come donw to FL we still have to play =00

Biglou, are you permanent teammates with Desu, or would you ever be free to team at something like this?
Yea were pretty much permateamates if ever we both go to the same tourney. If however he can't make this tourney or if theres a FL tourney he can't go to id be happy to team with you.

CO18

Smash Hero

I'll tell you how to fight D3. What do you need to know?

Honestly, I think the main problem is that you try to use too many different characters rather than learning and focusing with once character in particular vs D3.

Like me and Hungrybox have basically been using STRICTLY D3 for almost a year now so we're obviously going to know our character better/ how to play matchups better.

If you focus on one character though that does well vs d3 from who you use Id use either, Olimar,Falco,Kirby, or Mk then you would do alot better.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I'll tell you how to fight D3. What do you need to know?

Honestly, I think the main problem is that you try to use too many different characters rather than learning and focusing with once character in particular vs D3.

Like me and Hungrybox have basically been using STRICTLY D3 for almost a year now so we're obviously going to know our character better/ how to play matchups better.

If you focus on one character though that does well vs d3 from who you use Id use either, Olimar,Falco,Kirby, or Mk then you would do alot better.
its not even the character its the concept of the character (grabs & fast kill moves), i hate having to switch when i play D3 (i'd rather stay snake or marth the entire tourney) but i always get gayed by grabs and edgeguards so i feel that i have to pick someone else when i don't want to...it doesnt matter how many times i play D3 in tourney something dumb always happens when i'm winning, ALWAYS...

i don't even care about learning the fight...from now on i'll just pick olimar and camp (if i play that is) point being is that that character is the most BS in the game,

like when i fight Hbox i get hit with a dash attack (@ around 80) that sends me the opposite direction horizontally all the way off the stage or like i'm beating seibrik and he inhales me when i'm at 50 (recovering with snake) and he's at 150 thats BS i shouldn't be given an even larger disadvantage in that match than i already have

This game is dumb and i'm not sure if i want to play it again

Top Bottom