• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Annual McSmashter Project M and Melee Tournament - January 12th, 2014 - Hamilton, Ontario

Kneato

Totoro Joe

Our third annual smash tournament at McMaster University hosted by McMaster CSS!

This time around featuring Melee and Project M!
There will be both a Singles and Doubles bracket.
If time permits and there are interested parties, we will also have CREW BATTLES.

The Rundown:

Fees: $10 per day. If you come on Sunday for Melee, the fee is $10 and you may enter either Melee singles, Melee doubles, or both. If you come on Saturday for P:M, the fee is $10 and you may enter either P:M singles, P:M doubles, or both.

Crew Battles, if they happen, will be strictly for hype and will not require registration/entrance fees.
There are the following discounts for bringing equipment:

• CRT TV: $5 off for one entrant.
  • Wii: $3 off for one entrant.
  • Gamecube (SATURDAY ONLY): $3 off for one entrant.
  • Both Brawl and an SD Card (<2GB) (SUNDAY ONLY): $2 off for one entrant.
  • Both Melee and a memory card (SATURDAY ONLY): $2 off for one entrant.
  • Powerstrips: Everlasting love from the organizers.
Entrants are expected to bring their own controllers.
Entrance fees are to be paid in full in cash during check in.

Prizes:

1st: 55%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th (x2): 3.25%
7th (x2): 1.75%

Location: The Saturday portion of the tournament will be held at a to be disclosed location. The Sunday portion of the tournament is being held on the third floor of the Student Center of McMaster University in CIBC hall.
Here is the location via google maps if you need directions:
McMaster on Google Maps

Schedule: The official tournament schedule will be posted at a later date.

Rulesets:
Melee: Apex 2014 Ruleset
Project M: Apex 2014 Ruleset
Tournament style is pools seeding into a double elimination for all brackets.

Lodging: If you are coming from out of town and need somewhere to stay, use the to get in contact with local smashers who could host you.

If you are from around Hamilton and have a couch to spare, please consider hosting smashers from out of town. Help prove that the smash community can be chock full of camaraderie.
If can't manage to find someone to stay with, there is the cheap and not too shabby Hamilton Inn just 3km away from McMaster campus

Streaming: There will be streaming equipment present and matches will be livestreamed on twitch. Compliments of Rob Gorrie and the Sharkasm Crew

IMPORTANT: If you wish to enter the tournament, you must register through BEFORE January 6th 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melee Singles Registration: 128/128
Melee Doubles Registration: 82/128
P:M Singles Registration: 95/128
P:M Doubles Registration: 68/128
Melee Singles Waitlist: 2

Last edited:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I like that singles starts early, but there are already 30+ people confirmed on facebook, so you will probably have to run pools,
and there's no way pools and bracket for that many people can finish in an hour :(

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
edit: also MoM can provide housing, we're on main street just a short bus away.

edit2: just realized this is on campus, our house is like a 4 min walk from the venue then lol

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Yea, its looking like pools will be a thing. Good to hear Toronto will be making it :) Bring a crew and lets see who comes out on top, Hammer, TO, or the Rochester scene,who is tentatively also making an appearance.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Due to increasing demand to raise the player cap on the tournament, we have made arrangements to extend the tournament by one day.
Did...did you guys just create a major by accident?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
If it's too late to register, is it still possible to go just to play friendlies?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
maybe joe could work out some sort of reservation system.. I don't know though.
I would hate for someone wanting to come all the way from ottawa not come cause they're not sure if they could get a spot.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Turns out I won't be able to go anyway. I'll be looking out for other Hamilton events, though!

Coastward

Smash Lord
maybe joe could work out some sort of reservation system.. I don't know though.
I would hate for someone wanting to come all the way from ottawa not come cause they're not sure if they could get a spot.
yeah a reservation list would be nice, especially if some people are willing to bring setups. i don't really wanna drive 40 mins there to find out that i cant get in then have to drive all the way back.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Is there a stream archive for this? I'm not seeing anything on the sharkasmcrew channel.

D

Deleted member

Lol the misleading video on vgbootcamp...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom