• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3ds with mod Gamecube controller same as Smash for the Wii u?

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
So is the 3ds version of the game the same exactly game as the wii u version in terms its gameplay? Would playing it with a gamecube controller be the same experience?

CptPuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicHero007
3DS FC
3566-1570-4128
Virtually, though I can't speak on whether such a mod wouldn't have any slight input lag or not. I'd love being able to use one

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
3ds blastzones are larger, but gameplay is the same more or less.

Drewthedude64

Smash Cadet
In terms of characters and game physics, the 3DS and Wii U versions are identical. The differences lie in the stages and other modes.

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
I won't recommend practicing on a 3DS, as it lacks a second stick. Especially higher level stuff.

:231:
I'm going to get the 3ds mod/adapter that lets you use the gamecube controller. So no problem there :)

Does anyone know if the 3ds gamecube controller mod c stick smash moves charge like the wii u version?

Last edited:

WuBoytH

Smash Rookie
That depends on if you have a N3DS or an O3DS. I'm pretty sure that the O3DS doesn't have enough RAM to run the Circle Pad Pro and Smash at the same time, so it wouldn't support C-Sticks unless you have certain Macros set up. Keep in mind this is almost baseless conjecture; I know the O3DS reboots to kill the Home Menu and allocate all the RAM into Smash, and that's what I based that on.
I know this thread is kinda old, but I decided to post anyway since you didn't get an answer.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Man, I don't know, I think just trying to play on the Wii U version would be far more benefitial.

Top Bottom