• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS turn-based rpg tier list

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
Guys, I'm looking to branch out into RPGs since I've only been playing platformers, fighters and stealth for quite a while. For those of you with experience in the 3DS eshop turn based rpg market, what's your opinion of
-Dragon Sinker
-Crystareino
-Grinsia
and, are there other chrono trigger/secret of mana style games in the eshop I should be considering?

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I have not played Chrono Trigger to offer any useful advice on that. However, as far as general turn based ones go, I suggest also looking into Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Pro, Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse and Monster Hunter Stories as far as 3DS ones go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Derp, misread the whole thing. Anyway, there's the various Dragon Fantasy games. Both games have a unique turn-based system. The second game is far harder, but heavily improves the gamepaly. The first game basically is Dragon Warrior-style turn-based(though a little bit of EarthBound too to a degree with the menus, including the battle menu). The second game however puts everyone out on the battlefield itself. So it has some slight notes from Shining Force, where aiming an attack and figuring out where it would hit can matter. It has handy indicators to help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom