• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 14, and 15th 2015] NEG PRESENTS: BAD MOON RISING 700 DOLLARS IN BONUSES (Cary, NC)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hello everyone! NEG is very pleased to announce another big event this time it's everyone's favorite, MELEE! If you haven't been to an event hosted by Not Even Good at Stuff n Such you are missing out on the best tournament series in the Carolina's and possibly the Atlantic South! For the players, by the players! My goal for Bad Moon Rising is to promote not only the NC Region but to motivate interest from out of state by hosting a regional sized event. There has not been a tournament like this in NC since the LEGENDARY G6 series in Charlotte and that was during the biggest recession in the games history, now in the platinum age NEG staffLucas Hart Portnoy, Dylan McGrath and Alex ǷɆɯ are looking to bring the truly platinum tournament experience to the south. We are also very happy to have an official sponsor and the main stream for BMR in Knee Deep Gaming!!!

I'm also VERY happy to say that due to the continued support of the TrIangle smash community here and what you have chosen to invest in our project we have been able to clear out the SECOND ROOM at Stuff N Such and will have two full rooms for set ups! I am also proud to say many parts of the shop will be under going similar renovations catered specifically to smashers as time goes on!

For this event we will be using the APEX 2015 ruleset and have the following BONUSES available

400$ POT BONUS FOR SINGLES
200$ POT BONUS FOR DOUBLES
100$ GAS BONUS FOR THE CAR THAT COMES FROM THE FURTHEST DISTANCE!!
GAMECUBE CONTROLLER RAFFLE FOR ALL ENTRANTS
TSHIRTS/HOODIE GIVEAWAYS AND MORE!

Tentative schedule: Doors open 11am on Saturday, Doubles will run to about 5pm, melee pools till 10:30 or later if needed, top 8 starts on sunday at 12:00 for doubles and 4:00pm Singles top 8 will begin!

The venue is a game shop in Cary, NC that has been very supporting of our community and allowed us to grow in a big way these past few months. As time goes on they help us more and more with venue cost/renovations, updating their internet for streaming etc. As the event gathers momentum more sponsors will be announced

Otherwise keep your calender clear as more announcements come in through our page NEG Smash: Sucker Free Sundays at Stuff N Such

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Considering this to be the first tournament I compete in. Tough call. Interesting one regardless.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
It's gonna be a good one!!! Plus we hold bi-weekly Melee events at essentially the same location if you want to come to a smaller event first
Yeah, I've had an eye on those for a while. This just happens to coincide nicely w/ NCSU's spring break.

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
Out of curiosity, do you guys live stream your tournaments? And also, how often do y'all have these tourneys?

Edit: The link to your facebook page is broken ;_: i want more info plz help meh

Last edited:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Out of curiosity, do you guys live stream your tournaments? And also, how often do y'all have these tourneys?

Edit: The link to your facebook page is broken ;_: i want more info plz help meh
Our new FB link is facebook.com/notevengood

We host weekly smash events, rotating between Melee and PM/WiiU biweekly

and yes, our events are usually streamed by KneeDeepGaming

Last edited:

zantor

Smash Rookie
so with doubles going until 5:00 will melee singles not start until then? if not when is the latest i can arrive for singles.

big sleep

չչչ
Favorite smashers update:

1. Crystalnite
2. Everlasting Yayuhzz
3. GofG
4. Dark Hart
5. Pinheadz

big sleep

չչչ
shoutouts/demands:

fb- you suck

twitch- good **** baby, keep doin you

mike- inside you're like a teddy bear my dude, but the falcon is vicious. i mean when you're on point, you play like you're at a lucidity beyond rage. like human life is completely meaningless, and causality is just an infinite tech chase. i know i ain't gotta tell you, but don't get discouraged boy, you can show falcon's true colors, i believe. yo check out this comic btw. that's also just a good website.

seth- thanks for stayin over, that was fun. don't lose the sparkle in your eye.

moses- get good, i believe in you

atlantic south- go to CEO

the coming age of excessive anti-offensiveness and submission of the human spirit to a weak, ugly, and superficial sense of positivity- get lost, bub

Last edited:

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
shoutouts/demands:

fb- you suck

twitch- good **** baby, keep doin you

mike- inside you're like a teddy bear my dude, but the falcon is vicious. i mean when you're on point, you play like you're at a lucidity beyond rage. like human life is completely meaningless, and causality is just an infinite tech chase. i know i ain't gotta tell you, but don't get discouraged boy, you can show falcon's true colors, i believe. yo check out this comic btw. that's also just a good website.

seth- thanks for stayin over, that was fun. don't lose the sparkle in your eye.

moses- get good, i believe in you

atlantic south- go to CEO

the coming age of excessive anti-offensiveness and submission of the human spirit to a weak, ugly, and superficial sense of positivity- get lost, bub
damn u snapped

Top Bottom