• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Uthrow

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Changelist doesn't say anything... but uthrow on Fox sends him much further away now. What do you guys think? Going to do some testing (knee-jerk post), but this looks like it will hurt.

Last edited:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Definitely sounds like a bug if it wasn't included In patch notes.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Does this mean the chaingrab just doesn't work anymore, or just ends earlier?

Maybe it's possible to convert utilts and nairs earlier now.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm gonna mess with it tonight. CPU Fox jumped out at 30%. Uthrow -> bair kill setups don't work very well anymore. Sometimes you can still follow with a strong uair. Might be able to do better nair juggles.

Mid/light weights... uthrow seems useless.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Here's some stuff thanks to Ulsi that would be informative.

Last frame of hitstun @ 50% (3.5)
Last frame of hitstun @ 50% (3.6)
Apex of U-Throw @ 0% (3.5)
Apex of U-Throw @ 0% (3.6)

I'm hoping we're fine. I think it's manageable and we just need to go into certain confirms earlier.

I don't think U-Throw was the only throw changed, so once I play in bracket/pools I'll let everyone know what's up with Ike's combo game. I'm not terribly worried if my line of thought is right on how I should be doing stuff.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So basically U throw does more Knockback? Unintentionally done by the DT? The difference is noticeable but not massive so I think we can work around it, although spacy chaingrabs will be a bit harder and we'll have to adjust. Overall though We came out alright, good job Ike players

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It's a result of a global release point change. I just got home so I'm gonna mess around a little bit

Edit I think Hoboz is right. Basically you just have to wait a little longer after the uthrow than normal

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Honestly, I got used to it pretty quickly.

You do need to QD Grab to chain grab spacies earlier though

FrankDaTank

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if the uthrow thing is a result of a throw release point bug or if it was intentional? Us it staying or will it be gone in the official 3.6 update?

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Okay. We livin'.

Frankly I was expecting them to take QDA away entirely. I got a little worried with the release point change BUT the CG I think may actually be easier to start up and tighter to execute later.

In terms of kill-followups we still have those but depending on how the release point affects the trajectory Ikes may now be more reliant on Grab -> Throw -> QDJC -> Aerial followups at kill percents instead of the salt-mining Fthrow->Fair junk we had. (Which still connects on suboptimal DI.)

We definitely were not hit too hard and we just need to make up for the tweaks by flying further and faster with the sword.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
The reason Uthrow sends him further away, according to Magus, is because the way certain characters specifically are released from grabs has been altered. His Uthrow wasn't touched at all. I had this same issue with Link's Dthrow where I could no longer Dthrow - Spin at 140 or so against Falcon and Roy. It doesn't have more knockback at all and the release point is probably the same.

Edit: Oh, this was answered. I missed it when I skimmed through to check. My b.

Last edited:
Top Bottom