• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Samus Thread

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
There's not a whole lot to talk about, check the changelog here; http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-changelist

I like the melee physics for up and down special. It makes super wavedashing more consistent for me in between games. Plus, for ice mode users like me, we can finally start off the round with it! I enjoy that they didn't mess with Samus all that much. Good move based PMDT.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Reverse shot didn't get removed. It just acts consistently with all other neutral B's in the game. It had a weird ass late window that effectively let you turnaround twice as many times as you should have been able to. You just need to time it like any other move now. No behind shots as a result I guess if that's what you meant. And no turning around while charging.

Chevy

Smash Ace
SWD window is now frame 40 for first input, 41 or 42 for second input. It's supposed to be 41 for first input, 42 or 43 for second input. Should I report that as a bug?

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
It seems like she doesn't slide as far either. Is anyone else having that problem?

Chevy

Smash Ace
It behaves like Melee now, where a partial input on the second direction will send you less distance.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Well when I do it I hold the first direction then slam the opposite. I still haven't been able to get her to go full distance. I even tried to Input without holding -___-

Chevy

Smash Ace
The frame is just passing while your stick is halfway there, then.

Narpas_sword

im not sure what 'physics' mean re screw attack, i kinda figured it was the path samus travels though, not the hitboxes.

@ Chevy Chevy don't report that as a bug, it was probably intentional. if the bomb physiscs were changed, it was probably moved a little to reflect that.

Ivko

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know what exactly these physics changes are? Is the Up-B related to SDI or what?

Chevy

Smash Ace
Samus got slightly nerfed. Melee screw attack doesn't drift as well so it's a little worse now. And the late window on charge shot gave her potentially more mix-ups and in some cases let you actually react to their position and turn around after starting charge shot, so that was a slight nerf. Neither should be super relevant in the end.

The SWD window should not be different from Melee or previous versions of PM. If it's supposed to be closer to Melee it should reflect that not arbitrarily screw up everyone's timing. It was probably just a mistake.

myculz

Smash Rookie
so how do i go about b reversing charge shot now? i got used to doing the old input and i can't get it down now. Any help is appreciated

Chevy

Smash Ace
Like you would b-reverse any other move, be holding the stick opposite direction 5 frames after starting a special.

Ivko

Smash Rookie
Hmm, screw attack indeed doesn't drift nearly as much. I can't tell a difference in the bombs really though. I still use them the same way as before when recovering, and that way doesn't work in melee without adjustment.

Smarf

Smash Rookie
I think they should've changed the second hit of ice f-smash to work better. It was a cool idea but the only time I've ever seen it work the way I think it was designed to do so was in one of chevy's matches a little while ago.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Bringing back Meleeish bombs is awesome imo, now i'm about to Bomb > NAir combo on players that were DAir's or launched up in certain cases.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Pretty sure knockback is the same, it's just Samus' physics during the move that changed slightly. You could always bomb-nair normally.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I've been getting the combo alot more consistently after the update. Unless it's in my head?

I dunno, but I have been hitting it more consistently once 3.6 dropped

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Samus got slightly nerfed. Melee screw attack doesn't drift as well so it's a little worse now. And the late window on charge shot gave her potentially more mix-ups and in some cases let you actually react to their position and turn around after starting charge shot, so that was a slight nerf. Neither should be super relevant in the end.
That specific change might be a nerf, but unless you greatly dislike the ice mode, I'd think that the ability to start a match with ice (and possibly the bomb changes as well) would counteract that to add up to an overall buffed Samus, even if only slightly.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Bomb change is irrelevant, you could already taunt cancel to ice. Also new screw attack doesn't land on Wario Ware top plats, which is actually semi-relevant.

Top Bottom