• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 QD Changes

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone share the practical effects of the QD changes? It sounds like its a major change where it takes twice as long t reach full charge but it doesn't seem to really affect the distance you go or really the followups/punishes that you could get. Is this intended? Does it just nerf his recovery?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So if I remember right it has more endlag on the hit? Can is there still some sorta lag if we QD to grab? Would try it out myself but I haven't gotten to play it yet

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nerfs QD attack as an overall mixup option, both further on its comboability (since its IASA was previously increased in 3.5) and in its ability to KO (as it takes a full second now to reach maximum power). It's still a solid QD mixup in providing the fastest way to put out hitbox, but the intent of the nerf is to make it less overtly great as an option while still retaining other great QD options.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
The pro is it is more disrespectful when doing the OHKO.

MLGF

Smash Lord
So uh...
QD attack happens when you press A, and by extension Z, now.

Not in the patch notes or anything, just kinda there. It's not a big deal, but it's kinda annoying.

@ metroid1117 metroid1117 ,is this already known and will it be in the final patch? Wasn't in the notes so I'm not sure if you guys wanted it or not.

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I was able to combo off of it. Maybe it was a fluke? If you can get them to botch the DI when you hit them out of movement or something it seems feasible.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So uh...
QD attack happens when you press A, and by extension Z, now.

Not in the patch notes or anything, just kinda there. It's not a big deal, but it's kinda annoying.

@ metroid1117 metroid1117 ,is this already known and will it be in the final patch? Wasn't in the notes so I'm not sure if you guys wanted it or not.
What is the issue with this..? Any other options you would want to do out of Quick Draw, you would input Jump before either A or Z. In previous versions would you similarly be unsuccessful, but potentially empty jump or continue quick draw doing nothing out of it instead of QD attack. I don't see the issue here.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's not a big issue (it took me a whole of lobbing to even notice) I was just wondering if it was intentionally put into the beta considering it wasn't in the patch notes.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
What is the issue with this..? Any other options you would want to do out of Quick Draw, you would input Jump before either A or Z. In previous versions would you similarly be unsuccessful, but potentially empty jump or continue quick draw doing nothing out of it instead of QD attack. I don't see the issue here.
I prefer it the old way honestly. I'd rather have a failed jump canceled grab input do nothing instead of attack (don't really understand why pressing grab would do the attack, it's like it's almost assisting you for doing the wrong input + I'm finding it harder to jump cancel grab with the current changes despite the timing still being the same afaik).

I'm noticing it a lot more now. Much rather have it the old way.

Commander

Smash Ace
A causing the attack is messing with my upsmash out of quickdraw a little. It is probably just me but it is annoying and like Sylarius stated, I'd rather do nothing as a missed input than the attack as a missed input.

Top Bottom