• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 olimar pikmin alive but not able to be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
verison: 3.6: Homebrew: Full set and 3.6: Hackless: Full set

hardware: Wii

loading method: USB loader and stage builder

details: while in the line up sometimes a pikmin would just not be there probably from being knocked away at some point or something, not sure what caused it, but it registered the pikmin still in the line, example being i had 1 red, 2 yellow, 1 blue, the red was missing from my lineup but olimars bulb was red. when i tried doing a move that involved a pikmin like airials and side b i got nothing, no pikmin came out and the worst part is that it doesnt cycle the pikmin unless you whistle past that pikmin, not sure if down smash cycled it since it uses 2 and i was unable to find the pikmin anywhere on the map. the glitch does reset upon death though. if it happens to me again ill post a video

custom content: my wii has custom music, and the other wii i played on was on the custom dreamland stage where it is night time. will try to re-create on a non custom

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This has happened to me, dont have a clue how to create it, never happened in a tournament but i will be very angry when it does

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Confirming this also happened to me on a Wii with a default Project M Homebrew Full Set. USB loaded.

Adding that Whistling allowed you to use the first Pikmin in line 1 time before this glitch occurred again. Tried tossing all 4 Pikmin and re-plucking, still had the bug. Only way to fix it is dying.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I have a few theories. Unfortunately, I'm in Chicago for the week for work. I'll work on it this weekend.

Any additional information helps. It sounds like the Pikmin getting stuck somewhere on the map and the game failing to register it being used, hence it failing to cycle.

If you remember what you were doing when it happened, that would be great. Also, are you all using USB? UltiMario UltiMario T tasteless gentleman I it-a-albinomoose

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Im using SD hackless no custom content. This was also in 3.6b but when i reported it last time it was unreproducable and no one else experienced it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I encountered it on PS2, so it's not limited to FD. I'll also mention it was an Olimar ditto when I got glitched out, so USB Loaded Oli vs Oli on PS2, at about the 6-7 minute range into the game is as detailed on the conditions as I can get you.

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
i was using usb yes, as for stages it happened on ps2 and dreamland, when it happened on dreamland i tried looking for it somewhere on the map but could not find, its very well possible i just couldnt find it

Boiko

:drshrug:
I it-a-albinomoose

This seems to be the ghost pikmin glitch from Brawl, which is very rare, but still comes into play from time to time. You can read more about it here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ghost-pikmin-glitch-olimar-cant-throw-pkmin.155269/

This typically happens when using an aerial from the ledge, since Pikmin behave a bit oddly in that position. One Pikmin will clip through the level and will get stuck inside the stage (this is why you can't find it by searching around the map). The game is failing to register the Pikmin as being used so it won't cycle past it. There are a few known in game remedies, but none are exactly convenient.
1.) Die. ....lol.
2.) Whistle past the Pikmin. This is obviously inconvenient because each time you reach that Pikmin you will have to cycle the order again.
3.) Throw away all of your Pikmin, walk over to the ledge where the glitch occurred and spam smash attacks, eventually the Pikmin will come through the stage and back into your line up. Once again, not a real fix.

We'll do what we can to fix this, thank you for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom