• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 fair spike hitbox ?

munchies911

Smash Cadet
Hey yall, I've been trying to hit the spike hitbox of fair (not sure if it's a spike or meteor) but I can't seem to get it in the lab. I always hit it on accident during friendlies, but can't get it on my own/consistently. My reasons for doing this is simply to try mixing up whoever I'm against to try and confuse their DI. So I'm wondering: does anyone know the frame data for the spike/meteor part? Or can anyone tell me if they look for a visual cue or have a timing as to when they're going to hit with that hitbox? Any advise helps thanks !

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
Honestly not really. The Plumber has tons of setups on pretty much all weights that convert into the (non meteor part of the fair? IDK what to call it but it sends them up and out). IMO it's great for an onstage kill option or a platform tech chase, or bad DI on a throw. It's flashy but unless you have the hard read, Mario has better faster, less telegraphed options offstage.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Frames 16-17 are the strong hit, frames 18-22 are the meteor (280 degrees).

If you're trying to connect the meteor specifically, start your swing a little bit earlier.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
I actually use the Meteor hitbox often. Most tend to call it the Mario Sacred Combo when you get the Meteor -> Kobe
But I typically use it to get fair -> Half charged Up angled Fsmash since it can kill most of the cast surprisingly early

Last edited:

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Whenever i try to spike someone with F-air, i try to pretend my Fair is C.Falcon stomp or something.

Usually when people try to hit a Mario F-air, they try to use the early parts of the move. Now if you want to hit the spike, adjust your timing of when you input fair. Input the move a little earlier than usual so you get the spike hitbox when you want it.

munchies911

Smash Cadet
I actually use the Meteor hitbox often. Most tend to call it the Mario Sacred Combo when you get the Meteor -> Kobe
But I typically use it to get fair -> Half charged Up angled Fsmash since it can kill most of the cast surprisingly early
I'll def give that a try thanks.

munchies911

Smash Cadet
Whenever i try to spike someone with F-air, i try to pretend my Fair is C.Falcon stomp or something.

Usually when people try to hit a Mario F-air, they try to use the early parts of the move. Now if you want to hit the spike, adjust your timing of when you input fair. Input the move a little earlier than usual so you get the spike hitbox when you want it.
Sweet thanks for the tip bro

Top Bottom