• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Design Feedback

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Ok so messing around more with Bowser I found out some areas where I think he needs buffs.

-Better Rolls, Spotdodge, Airdodge, as stated above.

-Bigger grab-range, and faster grab. Omg Bowser's grab-range is ridiculous for being such a big character.

-Being able to control Up-B bettter, cancel it for follow-up potential.

-A lot of his moves seems to have poor range or speed considering his size. And a lot of times he moves his head forward making him easier to hit during the move, similar to Marth.

-All of his airials are laggy, even tough not being that good. Even if you hit with one, you can really do anything with it since they are so laggy.

-And if you're going to have slow airials, make them have bigger range, so he can zone out better with them, even though he might not get any more than % for it.

-Side-B should have more range on the slash and be faster.

-Down-B, not wasting your double-jump by canceling it. This move feels somewhat pointless, I mean it is slightly better than a double jump airial, in terms of speed and height gained. But not that significant. Alternatively make his airials stronger/faster if he uses them out of a Down-B, that'd make sense.

-Down-B should be able to be faked-out. It could make him more tricky so you could go for a down-b but then fake out and trick your opponent. This could help Bowser when getting down from the ground.

-Make his armor stronger. Make him take half damage for armoring projectiles and attacks. This way he'd take way less damage and projectiles would be less effective. For example a Fox laser deals 2% so if he shots 10 shots he'd receive 20 damage, while with the armor buff he'd only receive 10, not including staling. And armoring a Fox N-air would only do 6% rather than 12%.

-Better IASA on Dash-Attack. Making reading or punishing opponents more rewarding.

-More damage on Flame-Breath. This would make even getting hit by Flame-Breath more damaging.

-F-tilt shouldn't have a sour-spot/weak hit. It makes it way weaker as move in general.

The thing is, even though Bowser's size, he doesn't have the range/speed/punish game or recovery to compensate. He's big/slow and have a mediocre recovery. Unlike DDD for example, who is also big. But he has great range, excellent punish game and a good recovery.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait you want to be able to cancel up b? Are we talking about the same up b? the frame 1 invincible, mobile, frame 5 reversal, frame 2 oos option that you can already edgecancel? And cancel it like a combo move? As in like, shine?

Holy cow that would be broken.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait you want to be able to cancel up b? Are we talking about the same up b? the frame 1 invincible, mobile, frame 5 reversal, frame 2 oos option that you can already edgecancel? And cancel it like a combo move? As in like, shine?

Holy cow that would be broken.
Well if they made it easier to cancel they could tweak the move a bit. Like make it come out slightly slower, and make it have less frames of invincible. And I also don't think it would THAT fast to cancel, not like shine which you can jump-cancel on like frame 4 or something, idk. I think that would be a fair balance. Honestly it's not that good of a move, only if you go to aggro on Bowser's shield. And at the moment it doesn't even give you anything even if you hit someone with an Up-B OOS, it only gets you out of pressure. So no it wouldn't be broken, only against stupid aggro players.

Dr.Damein

Smash Rookie
NNID
MysticCHARMY
3DS FC
3926-8849-4699
You basically just want a Giga Bowser that's basically God.
I can agree with you, yeah, Bowser is a bit on the sucky side, but how's about you maybe chill on the buffs there?
You said to make his armor stronger? Dude, almost all of his specials have super armor.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
You basically just want a Giga Bowser that's basically God.
I can agree with you, yeah, Bowser is a bit on the sucky side, but how's about you maybe chill on the buffs there?
You said to make his armor stronger? Dude, almost all of his specials have super armor.
The only special with armor now is his down b. But yeah i think we are exaggerating his weaknesses a little. Not that he doesn't need any love, but he isn't that bad.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
all that bowser would technically imo is better frame data on some things and a better recovery. no more armor, no more absurd bandaids, just a more traditional way of dealing with things in neutral. lowering jumpsquat/empty landing lag, is a great place to start. fixing his frame 9 grab to frame 7, and giving the grab more range would be another thing. if you buffed his vertical recovery on top of that, i guarantee you hed sail right up to the middle of the tier list.

3 small changes. all you need. regardless, thats completely in theory. none of this thread really matters anymore. atm bowser can preform pretty decently as a CP character on small stages! might be pretty good if youre in a stage first tournament or if your opponent is banning all the big stages.

Top Bottom