• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Dair is a Fair?

Journal

Smash Apprentice
Check out the April Fools trailer for the N64 Project M and go to 45 seconds in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOuXKCvhTvw

At this point we can see both the dair and the fair, and they both seem to be doing essentially the same thing. I think it's safe to assume that this is 3.6 dair since the rest of the video seems like 3.6 with 64 skins (olimar has his jetpack recovery instead of his current tether).

What do you guys think of the change? I'm sure someone has already noticed this, but I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd point it out.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Nah Dair looks like that at low percents + staling so it probably didn't change. Ness is probably a CPU abusing its frame perfect SDI too. Unless PMDT confirms otherwise I don't think it would have changed to just be another Fair.

Kind of makes me wonder if the Fair and Dair animations could be a little more differentiated.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair is different enough, he takes time to wind up the twisting vs immediately spinning and shocking

Least we're not sonic spins, that's literally all the same

Top Bottom