• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 changes

Res

Smash Rookie
So, I haven't gotten a chance to play 3.6 yet, but what are the changes (to Ness, of course) and what does everyone think of them?

shepdogg

Smash Rookie
They buffed him overall in my opinion. They increased his magnet damage to 6% instead of 4 and lowered it's knock back growth so it can actually be used above like 50% without them breaking out of tumble. They also made it so pk thunder can reverse at the top to grab the ledge. They also did some weird stuff with his up smash and down smash with base knock back and angles but I'm not completely sure. They also changed his fair damage so that it goes 44223 instead of 33333. This is nice because if you approach with low djc fair you generally only get the first two hits so it would do 8% instead of 6. Overall he feels so much better and I'm very happy with how he plays now.

Boiko

:drshrug:
The yo-yo changes are so yo-yo edge guards don't work as well anymore. It incorporated counter play to them by allowing the player to SDI the yo-yo hits.

shepdogg

Smash Rookie
Did they change the damage amounts on his bair? I've been playing around sometimes I get like 12 or 13 or 14 instead of 15 all the time. Was this always like this where there was sweetspots inside the strong hit box or is this new?

3HUNA

Smash Rookie
Did they change the damage amounts on his bair? I've been playing around sometimes I get like 12 or 13 or 14 instead of 15 all the time. Was this always like this where there was sweetspots inside the strong hit box or is this new?
According to the official PM 3.6 Change List his bair has not been touched. The change in damage is likely caused by the move becoming stale during the duration of your stock.

Top Bottom