• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Changes

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Still floudering around for ways to punish spacies effectively now. Might be no other options but to either a) go for really hard CG windows vs DI away (talking 2-3 frame windows leniency over the course of several inputs, including exact dash distances) or b) dash attack to throw off tech timings vs DI away (causes knock down after 26%) on uthrow (at low percents, sub 40%) and dthrow (at mid+ percents). Any other DI you can just get re-grabs easily, though really they shouldn't be using any other DI (there's no excuse with 60+ and 70+ frame animation start-ups on dthrow and uthrow respectively). Ideally you just want to get them offstage now. Offstage was good before, but now onstage punishments are mediocre.

M Murphy

Smash Rookie
The match does pretty much just come down to gimping them moreso than ever. Has anyone found any decent uses for the current side b? It does work as a reflector sometimes, but I'm not really sure how useful it is. Not exactly the best move for straight up hitting someone with. With a quicker startup and a better reflect rate I think that the current side b would be manageable.

M Murphy

Smash Rookie
So now that a bit more time has passed, how are you guys feeling about ROB? Any changes of opinion on 3.6 stuff you guys noticed? I'm still getting used to the changes in the top's speed and have been getting better at using side b so it actually reflects stuff. Any tips vs Mario? Fireballs give me a bit of trouble now if the Mario knows what he's doing. I mean I can still win the matchup, it's just a bit annoying.

Top Bottom