• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Changes

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
directly liftin' from the changelog, as of june 23 / 15 (assuming "beta" means this could potentially change):

Tilts
-Down Tilt
--IASA lowered from 22 to 20
--Ported the first hitbox kb/dmg/angle stats (the "Roy" pop up hitbox) to the second hitbox.

Aerials
-Down Aerial
--Hits on frames 12-13. All hitboxes are 14% DMG, 35 angle, 30 BKB, 75 KBG, 4.25 size.
--Altered animation to have more force behind it.

Grabs
-Standing grab range 13 units -> 14 units.

Throws
-Down Throw
--Always forces tumble.

Specials
-Neutral Special
--Damage per hit lowered from 2% -> 1%.
--Has a re-hit rate of 5 frames (4 at the smaller "sweetspot" at the middle of the tornado), instead of ranging between 6-10-ish frames depending on how fast Meta Knight is spinning.
--Sweetspot and side hitboxes have 110 angle, 40 BKB, and have priority. Larger center hitbox has 90 angle, 30 BKB, usually only hitting if the opponent is grounded or below Meta Knight.
--Aerial ending hitbox moved upwards slightly, to the same height as the grounded ending hitbox.
--Beginning of grounded neutral-B no longer forces Meta Knight off the ground.
--Modified the coding to make mashing easier, but also to remove the ability to use d-pad specials to gain excessive height. Keeps the same practical height gain.

-Side Special
--Multi-hit's rehit rate changed from 5 frames to 4. Deals a whole 1% more total damage as a result.
--Increased size of multi-hit's frontmost hitbox from 3 -> 4.5, and moved it backwards by 1 unit.
--Lowered the BKB of the multi-hits by various amounts to improve linkage.
--Aerial final hit's hitbox sizes (sword/body) reduced from 6.56/7.38 to 5/6. Moved hitboxes inward by 0.64/2 units.

-Up Special
--All hitboxes on up+b normalized to 1x hitlag.
--Flub hitbox on grounded up+b reinstated.
--Aerial up+b weak hit duration reverted to 3.02.
--Disabled vertical momentum during aerial startup, for more consistent height gain.
--Altered some sound effects to be less busy.
--Grounded up-B has Meta Knight take out his wings partway through, as his wings were animated but weren't actually set to display properly.

-Down Special (Dimensional Cape)
-KBG on the strong hitbox decreased to 100 from 115.
--Increased the size of the attack's hitboxes somewhat in order to fill the graphics a bit more.
--Ledge cancelling the slash causes you to go into regular fall instead of special fall.
--Altered ending coding to be consistent between air/ground.

Other
-Weight was increased to 79 from 70.
-Added a dust effect when Meta Knight is nearing the end of his glide timer.
-Various slash, animation, and other graphical polishes.
-All specials now cause Meta Knight to lose all remaining jumps if used in the air. Keeps jumps if used from the ground. Previous behavior caused neutral-B, side-B, and up-B to lose 1 jump, and down-b to lose all jumps if used in the air.
notable bits:
-downthrow causes tumble. this pretty much means dthrow is, once again, one of the best throws in the game, because you're forcing guesses regardless of weight
-we got better weight now
-every special move now lets you keep your jumps when grounded. yes, you read that right (e: probably a bug or an accidental flub from the PMDT, it's not in yet)

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
-every special move now lets you keep your jumps when grounded. yes, you read that right (e: probably a bug or an accidental flub from the PMDT, it's not in yet)
I saw that part, but I also saw

Tornado:
--Modified the coding to make mashing easier, but also to remove the ability to use d-pad specials to gain excessive height. Keeps the same practical height gain.

-All specials now cause Meta Knight to lose all remaining jumps if used in the air.
- - -

I'm transferring it to my SD card right now, but initially... I'm not exactly excited

I'm not sure if I should blame myself for that d-pad nerf

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
I saw that part, but I also saw

- - -

I'm transferring it to my SD card right now, but initially... I'm not exactly excited

I'm not sure if I should blame myself for that d-pad nerf
the dpad nerf was a global thing to chars that had the mechanic, you should blame luigi mains if anything

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The change to his Up-B seems to prevent being able to slide on one of the side platforms from an Up-B activated directly underneath one of (Brawl) Battlefield's sides. I'm not getting enough height to land on the platform :(

dettadeus

Smash Lord
The change to his Up-B seems to prevent being able to slide on one of the side platforms from an Up-B activated directly underneath one of (Brawl) Battlefield's sides. I'm not getting enough height to land on the platform :(
nothing in the changelist implies that grounded upb's movement was changed. only visual/sound effect stuff was changed about grounded upb, aside from hitboxes etc. you seem to be thinking of a change from earlier versions i think

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
nothing in the changelist implies that grounded upb's movement was changed. only visual/sound effect stuff was changed about grounded upb, aside from hitboxes etc. you seem to be thinking of a change from earlier versions i think
What I'm talking about is aerial up-B. If you're under the stage on Battlefield on one side, you used to be able to up-B and land on the lower side platform, but now I can't do it. Not enough height.

Also, despite the loss of height/distance on Tornado, is it now like way better to actually attack with? I can see some potential aerial continuations using it. Same with side-B. 3.6 MK is preeeeeetty sweet I think.

Last edited:

Servine1212

Smash Rookie
What I'm talking about is aerial up-B. If you're under the stage on Battlefield on one side, you used to be able to up-B and land on the lower side platform, but now I can't do it. Not enough height.

Also, despite the loss of height/distance on Tornado, is it now like way better to actually attack with? I can see some potential aerial continuations using it. Same with side-B. 3.6 MK is preeeeeetty sweet I think.
I find it easier to kill withe the tornado off the top and side is amazing for extending combos when ur opponent doesn't tech is is being juggled by a platform.

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
New Dair is sooo juicy. Not only do a love it, but it has filled the divekick-shaped hole in my heart in a way that 3.5 Dair never could. I don't even miss the silly thing anymore. Tornado being a viable KO option and all-around better move is also fantastic, and the increased grab range feels so much better. Dthrow seems decent without being silly.

All-around, I think this is the most fun version of Meta Knight yet (minus cape shenanigans). Kudos, PMDT.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
I still really liked playing him in 3.5 so 3.6 I have literally no words for. I feel like a god. The recovery nerfs hurt but were necessary. I am gonna miss the shenanigans with DC drift but I understand why it had to go.

I really like how they made him a character with clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. On the one hand he has an amazing neutral/onstage/combo game. But he gets comboed easily and he might have more recovery options then most characters but if hit out of any of them you usually die. Also our techroll is still meh.

I like characters to have flaws its how you can have counterplay its why I hated 3.5 ROB because he just did everything well and had tools for basically every situation.

Last edited:

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Could someone explain what dthrow putting people into tumble means for MK? Not sure what to make of it.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Could someone explain what dthrow putting people into tumble means for MK? Not sure what to make of it.
All that means is that they won't pop out of hitstun as soon as the throw is done at low %'s.

So it's a reliable tech chase tool at all percent's again is all.

Top Bottom