• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Beta Aerial Shine vs. Grounded Shine

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Probably already known, but worth experimenting with maybe.

PS I love that I can combo Ivysaur now thanks PMDT <3

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Opponent can hold down (ASDI) and hitstun cancel, negating any frame advantage.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I've noted this in the Tier List Speculation thread, but can't you just grounded shine if they CC you?

This is assuming they react in the first place. I actually think this could be useful in a lot of match-ups. They can most likely Smash DI too but being able to get Uthrow against characters like Ivy, Falco etc. still feels really good albeit situational.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, they can act before your jumpsquat from the first shine even finishes.

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
so if they can asdi down on the aerial shine but not the grounded one doesn't that make it a 50/50 mixup? not to mention it would be inhuman to react to jump shine vs grounded shine.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'd be a 50/50 mixup if the victim were punished for ASDIing down vs ground shine, but they aren't. You can do something like SDI down + away and mitigate both versions to a pretty good degree.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Good to know. Conditioning people to ASDI down really isn't the worst thing to have with Fox though. I see Mango punish Falcos with Shine > Dair > Shine all the time.

Most people don't SDI shine combos as is. Given that even less people will actually use this tech, I'll probably keep doing it until made to stop. It's definitely not game-changing but its worth having. Probably not at the exchange of multi-shine nerf though.

Top Bottom