• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 ROB Discussion Thread!

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Couple of very cool combos in the FD game of the WF set. Keep those in mind for if we ever finally make that ROB combo video. Don't have a critique of anything right now other than noticing you use ROB's horrible rolls too much and dthrow to DACUS below kill percents when you could be getting more guaranteed damage out of dthrow to soft fair to fair chain or better positioning from dthrow to bair (it has a much lower angle than his other moves).

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Noted. I'm always fighting the urge to over-roll; it's a bad habit. As for the DACUS, I've been overusing it a bit to figure out the D throw -> DACUS-> DACUS combo. I'm certain it's guaranteed at certain percents on most characters.

Thanks for checkin them out. Also looking to improve my gyro usage if you get another chance to look.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
DACUS to DACUS is certainly not guaranteed on most characters. It's slow to end and start and it's almost straight vertical knockback. I'd wager it works on spacies+falcon at most. You could possibly prove me wrong for other fast fallers but you'd need to go into the lab for that; you're not going to prove it on a real match because you never know whether or not it could have been escaped if the opponent weren't saving their jump. It's also worth noting that usmash itself has more mediocre priority than it appears it should. The animation has his base fully extended upward on frame 11 when the hitbox doesn't appear until frame 12, meaning it will always lose and never trade should an opponent have a hitbox out at that time and your vertical spacing for the move be less than perfect.
I'm off tomorrow if I remember I'll try to watch the rest of the sets and offer a more thorough critique.

Last edited:
Top Bottom