• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Puff Discussion

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
So what do you guys think of Jigglypuff in the new update? I think she feels way better than before with the changes made to the engine.

Jigglypuff Changelist
Throws
-Forward Throw fixed to no longer miss some characters resulting in weaker KB.
-Down Throw hitboxes and throw KB matched to Melee.

Others
-Forward Roll now intangible starting frame 2 from 3.

While not many changes were made, I think that she has improved greatly, and will be much more viable in tournament.

Last edited:

Serge+

Smash Rookie
Two throws and 1/60 of a second difference on a roll is all I see. What are the other engine changes you are talking about? Maybe I overlooked that on the changelist.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that in general shes just faster especially her air movements. Still garbage though.

Ouroboro

Smash Cadet
Everyone lost their awesome recoveries. Jiggs did not. Jiggs gimps recoveries real good. I think there are more buffs here than the lack of changes suggests.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Puff feels exactly the same, really. Like everyone has already said, the changes around her effect her more. Easier edge guards are nice, and it seems that some characters have a bit more trouble with her. She really isn't that different from last patch, but her DACUS seems longer (could just be me, though). Although, she does seem to do pretty well against Ganon, as she can poke him pretty easily, he's easy to set up rest on, and edge guarding him is free. So based on the new influx of Ganon mains, maybe she'll see more use

Swooty

Smash Rookie
I hear everyone responding to "This character got better" with "But he/she got nerfed" or "Nothing changed lol"

We're not comparing these characters to 3.02 versions, we're comparing the characters to the rest of the 3.5 cast. For example, Shiek is godlike in this game, and barely got buffed. Why? Cause the nerfs hit plenty of characters pretty hard, and barely touched Shiek can capitalize.

I feel like Jiggs improved quite a bit in this game, even though I've barely played her since the update. I look forward to doing much better with her than before

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
She may be able to edgeguard again, but what about her neutral game? I feel like a lot of matchups are worse than Armada's Young Link.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
She may be able to edgeguard again, but what about her neutral game? I feel like a lot of matchups are worse than Armada's Young Link.
I wouldn't say it was THAT bad, but yea, Puff has a pretty bad neutral game. A lot of characters outrange her with aerials and tilts, plus there's the abundance of characters with decent projectiles that can keep her out even better.

GogLP

Smash Rookie
Seems like the game is moving away from the neutral-centric 3.02. A lot of those really awful projectiles have really been toned down thankfully. I'm very much looking forward to maining Jiggs now. Melee Renaissance *******!

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what are the actual changes for the dthrow... More knockback, maybe ?

Edit: the dacus is an awesome punish move/kill move imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom