• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/14/09 M!Xcoatl Presents: A Naples Brawl Tourney... "Bound By Pride"

-!-

Smash Lord
M!Xcoatl Brings You A House Tourney... What Everyone Has Been Waiting For!!!
SBR Certified

Door Fee: $5
Singles: $15
Doubles: $10 ($20 Per Team)

PAYOUT
1st: 65%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%

SCHEDULE:

Registration - - - - - - 10:00am-11:00am (Money Matches are to be Done in this Small Window)
Open Ceremony - - - -11:00am-12:00pm (Clash of Luigi's)
Doubles - - - - - - - - - 12:00pm-03:00pm
Break - - - - - - - - - - -03:00pm-03:30pm
CREW BATTLES- - - - - - - - - -03:30pm-06:30pm
Break - - - - - - - - - - -06:30pm-07:00pm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Main Event: Singles - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 07:00pm-12:00pm - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ANY QUESTIONS/HELP CALL:

GENERAL RULES
*3 stock
*7 minutes
*Double Elimination Bracket
*Best of 3 with the exception of ALL FINALS being Best of 5 (Winners, Losers and Grand Finals)
*Team Attack ON
*Life Stealing is Allowed

Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

This is the Setup for each Set of matches:
1. Each players banns a stage
2. First match plays out hitting random. If the players can agree to pick a stage out of the Neutrals, then so be it as long as both sides accept or if they hit random and get a stage not appealing for both then someone can reset and go to random again for a better outcome, as long as each side agree on it... also if both players agree, the stage Striking Method can be used to start
3. Looser gets character counter pick and stage counter pick
4. No. 3 is repeated until the set is Finished

STRIKING METHOD:

-A coin is flipped.
-The one who lost, crosses out one stage of the neutrals.
-Then the other person crosses out a stage, same process is applied all the way through.
-At the end there's going to be 2 stages left, and the persona who won the coin flipped will make the choice.

*Dave's Stupid Rule: No Stage can be picked twice in a set if already been won by that player (Unless agreed upon by both players)
*Stalling is BANNED
*MK's Infinite Cape glitch can only be used for up to 5 Seconds before it's consider STALLING
*Chain Grabbing is ALLOWED
*ALL Infinite's are ALLOWED until 200% before it is considered stalling i.e. IC Infinite Infinite Chain Grab, DDDs Infinite Chain Grabs etc...
*Suicide killing is ALLOWED
*Don't Stall, To anyone with any possible stalling techniques. If there is any sign of stalling of a match, report to a judge and if he decrees than it will cost in the forfeit of the match (Not Set)

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.

SUDDEN DEATHSs:

*If caused by a suicide move, such as Bowser's claw or kirby's swallow, the player that caused it wins the game.
*If Time runs out, Winner will be decided first by Stock, then by Percentage.
*If stocks and percent were equal prior to entering sudden death, Then both player will have a Match in M!X's Territory with one stock and 5 minutes Time Limit

- "M!X's" Territory" is my Personal Custom Stage if anyone thinks it's too Gay lol then Sudden Death WILL be played out in the stage that happen in... (there's no chance this can happen anyways >.>)

STAGES

Neutrals:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Helberd
Luigis Mansion
Norfair
Corneria
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium

Everything else is BANNED

Crew Battles/Tournament:

5 Members Crew:
*$5 per member ($25 in Total per Crew)
*4 Stocks Per Member
4 Members Crew:
*$6.25 Per member ($25 in Total per Crew)
*r5 Stocks per Member
*First Stage Random, Looser Counter Picks Character then Stage and is repeated till the completion of the Battle

WINNER TAKES ALL!!!

TVs

01. M!Xcoatl
02. M!Xcoatl
03. M!Xcoatl
04. M!Xcoatl
05. Sheik SSBM
06. F-18
07. Jssn???
08. ScaryLB59
09. PolMex
10. PolMex???

W!!s
01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. F-18
04. Jssn
05. Big Freddy
06. DewDaDash
07. ScaryLB59
08. j0n41
09. SlashDaSmash
10. PolMex

Recordings
01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. PolMex
04. PolMex
05. 8-Bit
06. Seibrik???

ATTENDANCE LIST:
01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04: VTEC
05. F-18 "Blue Angel" a.k.a Falco
06: RazorG
07: Vampiro
08. Gato
09. SlashDaSmash
10. Daven
11. Cocain
12. Kyle
13. DewDaDash
14. ******
15. Jssn
16. CPU!
17. Chava
18. R.I.G. (Random Ike Guy)
19. Volta
20. GORDO/TWEAK
21. Ditzy 50/50
22. Monk
23. PolMex23
24. King of Hearts
25. Big Freddy
26. Samus ABe
27. Ivan
28. gambitremy
29. M.S.A.S.
30. _WindeX_
31. GrunJ-MonkE
32. Freakazoid!
33. Space Ghost
34. Taco
35. 8-Bit
36. ScaryLB59
37. Petey_Did_iT!!!!
38. Lamugi
39. Smash Your MoM
40. TrumpTighT
41. Poltergust
42. CJ (New Orleans)
43. VeryCoolGuy (50/50)
44. lw0nderbreadl
45. Kingblack56 (50/50)
46. DC
47. R@vyn
48. DFEAR
49. DC's Friend 1
50. DC's Friend 2
51. DC's Friend 3
52. DBS
53. KLARVIC (MR.FTW)
54. AWAL?? maybe???
55. LinkSceptile333 (50/50)
56. Vicious Delicious
57. R.I.P.
58. DWISH
59. CORE
60. XOMGNOWAIX
61. Chaz
62. j0n41
63. Golden Gate Kid
64. Rx-
65. GDX
66. Boss Magnet

Estimated Pot: $990 (66 Entrees)

1st: $642
2nd: $248
3rd: $100

CREWS

+++RevaL!X+++
1. M!Xcoatl
2. SheikSSBM
3. Emo^Wolf
4. DewDaDash
5. Jssn

From the Bottom of the GLOCK; 305
1. GrunJ-MonkE
2. Freakazoid!
3. Spaceghost
4. Taco
5. Jon41

Tampa Sara Goon Squad
1. Monk
2. PolMex23
3. Samus_ABe
4. ScaryLb59
5. Petey

JV Naples
1. F-18
2. ******
3. VTEC
4. Cocaine
5. Vamp

MIAMI CREW
1. Poltergust
2. 8-Bit

3. Ruuku
4. Chaz
5. GMoney

NTK???
1. Volta
2. Gordo

3. Vicious Delicious
4. DWISH

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Reva Is Goinggggggggg to take teamsss!!!! and imma meet shiekssbm in the finalssss!!!!
i will be the one to take you all downnn!!!!

++++Reva L!X++++
Por vidaaaaaa

chaingrb por sukssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Melee gigs is probably gunna leave me without a ride...which sucks cause this would have been on my birthday I'll see what I can do
Where are you coming from?

@MIx : By da way im making u a flyer should be done tomorrow... just drop a few at Gamestops, they r usually cool about it down there in Naples... and find out wuts the deal with Tech-lounge, see if u can pull some people from there.. to ur place.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i think im coming to this...mixcoatl i underestimated you cuz i didnt know who you were but great job last gigs beating me and hungry, i dont know who the luigi was though...cant wait to fight you and/or him in singles

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Nick i really wanted to win this, u suck.

HAha j/k good stuff that your coming..., if u got no team-mate .. im right here bro.

Are Acorn and GDX coming with you too?

And that Luigi u played was SHEIKssbm.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Where are you coming from?

@MIx : By da way im making u a flyer should be done tomorrow... just drop a few at Gamestops, they r usually cool about it down there in Naples... and find out wuts the deal with Tech-lounge, see if u can pull some people from there.. to ur place.
Dunedin...Near Tampa...if you wanna communicate words about giving me a ride...hit me up on AIM (The Monk312131)

but I may still be able to get a ride...with someone else from the area...so I dunno it's up in the air

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Naples is a little bit south of Venice....so yeah

also...in the event that someone from my area can't go...who wants to team with me if I get a ride from JSSN or someone else?

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
lol how far is naples from orlando btw??
From Orlando no joke is about 3 to 3 and a half .. mapquest it... and if it sends u through the freeway ask for diff directions cuz.. u can take backroads and be there faster. since u dont have to drive all the way out to I-75 and then head south..... U can just cut diagonally ..

RIG = Random Ike Guy

-!-

Smash Lord
Melee gigs is probably gunna leave me without a ride...which sucks cause this would have been on my birthday I'll see what I can do
Hey Monk!!! hope you can come man ^.^

By da way im making u a flyer should be done tomorrow... just drop a few at Gamestops, they r usually cool about it down there in Naples... and find out wuts the deal with Tech-lounge, see if u can pull some people from there.. to ur place.
Thanks man! Glad u can help me out with those and I'll talk to the TL people...

i think im coming to this...mixcoatl i underestimated you cuz i didnt know who you were but great job last gigs beating me and hungry, i dont know who the luigi was though...cant wait to fight you and/or him in singles
Yea lol I'm pretty much some random Snake so yea... I wanted to have friendlies with you and the rest of the guys when I went to Venice with half my crew but only managed to friendly Monk... and me too I wanna fight you in Singles that's where the real stuff is at...

Good **** man.. we got it..

team name: "we really know RIG"

THIS IS JSSN IN lizard account
lmao

you have this or Final Round XII, make the choice lol
COME TO THIS!!! this is called HOPE literally so damm every has to COME!!! :laugh:

-!-

Smash Lord
aw man i didnt look at the date its the same day as final round, i really wanted to come too :(
u gotta be kidding me :( ahhh ohh well maybe on my next one??? See you at Gigs and btw Nice placing at COT4 :laugh: It was tough yea but **** I wish I had gone you guys where lucky to be able to go... Everyone was there the MUSTs!!! ummm maybe GENESIS will do for me, maybe...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I can't make it to teams, SAT, but I'll be there for singles.
By the way, MiX, I want a money match, my kirby vs. your kirby.

-!-

Smash Lord
I can't make it to teams, SAT, but I'll be there for singles.
By the way, MiX, I want a money match, my kirby vs. your kirby.
Yea man sure We'll money match... umm $5??? best out of three or maybe $10 best out of 5???

I'm glad you'll be able to come for real this time... your very first Tournament!!! Get Ready!!!

+++M!Xcoatl/L!X/Crew Total Decimation+++

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
i'll be there

idk if andrew can make it but if he can expect Team Reem

M!X i wanna play you this tourney, no more grenade kills at below 100% for the kill, i've finally gotten back to practicing :D

-!-

Smash Lord
i'll come to this if gmoney does dub warios with me
u owe me a rematch from Brawl Wars II lol u have to come!!!

i'll be there

idk if andrew can make it but if he can expect Team Reem

M!X i wanna play you this tourney, no more grenade kills at below 100% for the kill, i've finally gotten back to practicing :D
lol Nice man I'll rig the bracket so we can fight on the first match, sounds good??? jk hehehe u got a new Controller??? I still got yours with that Classic Controller!!! ohh tell Phill (i think thats his name) to come to this and anyone else out there... sucks Chrono is in Orlando :(

-!-

Smash Lord
Yeah!
Also I can bring a Wii if you want.
Yea that would be great Thanks!!!

@ Everyone: Theres two locations where this may happen at.. either my house or a friends house... its supposed to be at my friends cuz he wants it at his place but it may not be big enough and comfortable for a turnout of I'll say 20 people... so in the end it just may be at my place cuz this may reach over 30 :)

if its about 20 then well be looking on about 4 setups at my friends house, but if its like over 20 then in my place i can have like 6 or maybe 7 setups if people don't mind having a couple small tvs... heck i could prob get like 8 or 9 if i get a couple out in the porch

Also could everyone that is planning on coming to this add the link to this thread on your Signature like I have it on mine... specially those that post a lot :) it might help bring in a few more smashers in... Thanks!!!

Top Bottom