• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 Update! No Ike changes??

Qualk

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
Here's the full patch notes if you haven't seen them:

3.0 Patch Notes

Highlights for Ike:
-Ike received no direct buffs or nerfs
-Projectiles nerfed across the board against shields (indirect Ike buff)
-Parrying (perfect shielding) projectiles buffed across the board (less lag, also an indirect Ike buff)

Overall I'm pretty pleased, Ike was in a good spot before and he'll still be good in 3.0. The projectile nerfs are a good indirect buff to him and all non-projectile characters. I do wish they extended the range on his dash grab like they did for Chrom, Lucina, Marth, and Roy but at least there's no nerfs! What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Projectiles being a bit less oppressive should definitely make him feel better to play against zoners. I still think the man needs improvements to his ability to space on the ground, though. Link can space better than he can, and he's supposed to be a ranged fighter.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Projectiles being a bit less oppressive should definitely make him feel better to play against zoners. I still think the man needs improvements to his ability to space on the ground, though. Link can space better than he can, and he's supposed to be a ranged fighter.
Yeah, I agree. Just a little more range on Dtilt/Fair would be more than enough.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
When I first heard about a new patch coming up, I absolutely expected some of Ike's best attributes (nair startup, nair landing lag, fair knockback, fsmash knockback, aethercide, etc) get nerfed into the ground. I was very happy to see the patch notes go straight from Ice Climbers to Inkling.

Top Bottom