• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 Tourny coming up... need advice/help

Crimson_Joker

Smash Rookie
I signed up for a 2v2 tournament with my friend at a local game store. We're both casual players. At this tournament our main combo will be Metaknight/Ike but I'm thinking about exploring with Game & Watch and using him as my back up if we lose our first match. What other characters pair well with Game and Watch and why? Please explain to me because I am a casual-player noob looking to get better. Also if you have any basic tips/strategies for playing Game & Watch please tell me, because right now I just spam side B until I hit a 9...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you are casual players, it usually means you are not very good when it comes to spacing, reads, punishing and stuff.
What I would like you to do is to spam fsmash and dsmash like no tomorrow, bad players can't deal with them at all, especially not in doubles. No sideB, it's not worth it when those smashes do the work.
Also if your opponent is too close for you to smash safely, upB and then dair back to the ground and repeat. That should take you far.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Spam your back aerial (Turtle) A LOT

don't care about being "cheap" spam that and your smashes

and if you get scared just up-b and then use Down aerial (key)

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Neutral air a lot, and don't hit your teammate. Once an opponent is above 75 run around spamming upsmash, it'll hit eventually if your opponents are also casuals.

Life

Smash Hero
If your partner can play Pika or Zero Suit Samus, you can fill a GnW bucket pretty quickly by catching Thunder/TJolt and down smash respectively. Especially Zero Suit.

Mostly just abuse GnW's back and neutral aerials. If you get a grab, down throw to down smash or down tilt combos if the opponent doesn't know how to tech.

Watch some doubles videos, too, maybe you'll pick up on something.

Top Bottom