2nd Round admissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Oh...

I didn't know we weren't allowed to make threads without permission.

I think I made one in the past, sorry.

FWIW, the doctrine's pretty boring and contains a bunch of unnecessary stuff. I'm pretty sure if a person is good enough to get into the backroom, then they don't need to know the definition of Super Smash Brothers.

it's there because it was there on the brawl doctrine

now i think about it writing it from scratch might have been more relevant

not to mention more chances to inject cynicism

koro, please turn this thread into a feedback thread for members to critique the current projects, leaders and anything else that needs shooting down.

firo

Smash Ace
I think something that needs to be discussed is smashboards' relations with The Galaxy - do the administrators recognize online smash? Care that the server is linking here multiple times? Ever consider mentioning the server somewhere? There are things like the kaillera moments thread and threads relating to the server that aren't strictly smash related - considering its complicated legal status and everything, it seems pretty nebulous to me, especially when the backroom was suggested to host online tournaments and rankings.

Also, I've read the doctrine, but it doesn't seem to hold much weight right now. Who are the tier list and matchup project managers? Who are all of the directors? We should be presenting a tier list in the beginning of May, but the matchup thread has been around for over 2 months and there are only complete writeups of four of the dozens and dozens of matchups. At that rate it may take months, if not years until we have some measurable results to show people the worth of the backroom. Also, where is all the discussion about the ruleset?

I also have some administrative questions like how decisions are made and the weight that each member has. The match-up discussion seems just like the one on the main boards just with less people - shouldn't the ones with experience in certain areas/characters be able to contribute?

It was commented that you need administrative authority to make a topic, but I've read the doctrine very carefully and it mentions that you need approval to create projects, not topics. In fact, article VI talks about how any active user can create a topic to propose an amendment.

I'm not trying to bash anything, just looking for areas to improve. I believe the most important thing to get this backroom going strong is to have very clear and realistic deadlines, regulations, and expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.