• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd Jump Issue

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
So I've been playing the Capt. a lot in this game. But I have been experiencing an issue that I can't figure out if it's my fault or not.

One thing I love to do is to do a running down-grab and then go for the Hard Knee right after. Most of the time I try this two hit combo facing off the stage, so after I do the knee I am always off the stage. But when I go to use my 2nd jump it is non-existent and then I Up-B too late and die... it happens ALL the time.

The only thing I can think of is that after my Down Grab, I double jump extremely fast into the Knee, thus me not having any jumps after that move is through.

But it doesn't appear that that is what I am doing.

Is this a common issue with Capt? Or am i just failing hardcore lmao.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You made a really nice post but we already talked about that sorry.

There already are at least 2 other thread talking about this issue, and there also is a QA thread in the stickies.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
You made a really nice post but we already talked about that sorry.

There already are at least 2 other thread talking about this issue, and there also is a QA thread in the stickies.
Oh I don't doubt there are other threads about this issue, but I couldn't find anything in relation in the first few pages so I just thought I'd ask.

RyeSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanTheDrummer
3DS FC
3652-0543-2675
So I've been playing the Capt. a lot in this game. But I have been experiencing an issue that I can't figure out if it's my fault or not.

One thing I love to do is to do a running down-grab and then go for the Hard Knee right after. Most of the time I try this two hit combo facing off the stage, so after I do the knee I am always off the stage. But when I go to use my 2nd jump it is non-existent and then I Up-B too late and die... it happens ALL the time.

The only thing I can think of is that after my Down Grab, I double jump extremely fast into the Knee, thus me not having any jumps after that move is through.

But it doesn't appear that that is what I am doing.

Is this a common issue with Capt? Or am i just failing hardcore lmao.
You probably jump right after stepping off the stage, causing you to only have one jump. This used to happen to me all the time. I would suggest try jumping a tad earlier.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
You probably jump right after stepping off the stage, causing you to only have one jump. This used to happen to me all the time. I would suggest try jumping a tad earlier.
Oh know I'm not running off the stage for the knee. After the down throw I jump normally off the ground to execute the knee. But doing this usually takes me off the stage where my 2nd jump is gone.

Top Bottom