• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GGT: The False Awakens Feat. False, Trela, Z, Larry Lurr, Tyrant, K9sbruce, Tearbear, and MORE!

Last time on 2GGT: A grudge between Larry Lurr and ESAM was settled, Johnny Westside shook the event with his Samus, and many met K9sbruce, the man who dreams to be the future king of Smash. In this 'episode', False and Trela travel to the land of SoCal, where their finest players will do everything they can to defend their region's reputation for being one of the best in Smash 4. Welcome to 2GGT: The False Awakens.

2GGT: The False Awakens Trailer

This event looks to be just as stacked as the last! While ZeRo and VoiD are off doing battle at PAX Arena, California is coming out in force to make sure that these outsiders from Texas and Tristate, plus guests from Las Vegas in Z and Portugal in TokyoKami, know who's turf they are playing on.

As just a taste, here are the power-ranked players from SoCal, in order of rank, currently registered to attend: Larry Lurr, Ito, Tyrant, K9sbruce, Tearbear, Mr. ConCon, Zenyou, Xzax, Aphro, Vicegrip, Angbad, S2H, ImHip, Zan, and Nicko. This doesn't even include other players who have dominated the battlefield such as SlayerZ, TLTC, Johnny Westside, Leepuff, Kossismoss, and NCJacobT.

Still wondering if SoCal is stacked? The top 64 from Genesis 3 had 18% of its players from the region, more than Florida, MD/VA, and Canada combined and more than Japan as well.

This isn't even the end of the entertainment. Alex Valle, Mr. Street Fighter himself, will be coming as a special guest to do commentary on a Ryu round robin taking place.

So where can readers tune in to witness this amazing spectacle? 2GGaming will be streaming the event, and a schedule is available below. More information is available on the event's Smashboards Event Post. Excited to see how The False Awakens concludes? Sound off in the comments below and don't forget to tune in this Saturday to catch the action!

SCHEDULE (PST)
Doubles Begins 11 AM
Wave 1 Singles 12 PM
Wave 2 Singles 2 PM
Ryu Round Robin 4 PM
Top 16 5 PM

Comments

I'm actually SoCal. I represent Portugal in honor of my Grandparents and Mother. I'm a local not an international threat. LOL

Top Bottom