• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media 2GG: Prime Saga Discussion Thread

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Pardon my ignorance, but is DDD actually considered weak? I’ve seen Zaki and a few streamers do really well with him.
Yes. Initial impressions by players based on what they like in smash (offense, pressing buttons, always attacking, being flashy) + bandwagoning popular player opinions + having an echo chamber of similar opinions = if you don't have what I like to do, then you are trash and everyone who plays them is trash (slight exaggeration at the end here).

This happened in S4 too. People will trash talk characters until they see good showings at US tournies, since that is all that matters to them, then pull a 180 on their opinion; it never fails.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Seems like Lacrimosa's wish of ven doing well this tournament has indeed come into fruition.

There has been a lot of crazy upsets in this tournament. In terms of the saga curse, all of the :ultridley: players are out, :ultzss: is hanging on with Marss entering top 32 loser's side, and :ultsamus::ultdarksamus: still has quiK in loser's (he is fighting Javi now for the top 32 spot) and YB (who is still in winner's and is fighting Larry for the top 32 winner's spot). It would appear that the saga curse is going strong right now.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
ven just beat Megafox and is guaranteed 17th at this tournament. Great showing for Zelda.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Had no idea they were already doing top 32 losers, but apparently Myran :ultolimar: 3-1 Marss :ultzss: so Marss is out at 25th.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Some notable sets here.

In winner's:
Larry Lurr:ultfalco::ultfox: 3-1 YB:ultdarksamus:
Larry put Falco into amazing use. However, when he went to Fox on game 4, he kind of molly-whopped YB.

In loser's:
quiK:ultsamus: 3-0 Javi:ultinkling:
That means Samus is guaranteed into top 32. YB will join him once he beats Akashic [Edit: which he did, which puts two Samus players in top 32 loser's side. Great performance for the character.].
WaDi:ultrob: 3-0 Magister:ultincineroar:
This ends Magister's run at 33rd place. R.O.B. vs Incineroar does sound like a very annoying matchup for the blazing cat.
Myran:ultolimar:3-1 CaptainZack:ultdaisy::ultpeach:
This eliminates Zack at 33rd place.

Had no idea they were already doing top 32 losers, but apparently Myran :ultolimar: 3-1 Marss :ultzss: so Marss is out at 25th.
This eliminates all the ZSS players, which makes quiK and YB the only remaining Samus reps left.

ven just beat Megafox and is guaranteed 17th at this tournament. Great showing for Zelda.
Already better than anything Zelda did in the previous Smash games. lol
Amazing performance from ven here.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nicko :ultshulk: 3-2 ZAKI :ultkingdedede: to eliminate him at 25th. Not sure why this is all started already, but a good run for King Dedede.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Pichu does seem .have issues with big disjoints. Her mobility is actullay not as amazing as you would think, and she has stubby range herself

Iridium

Smash Hero
YB :ultdarksamus: 3-1 WaDi :ultrob: , and manages to double-eliminate him. He is now guaranteed 17th at least.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Good stuff to the Samus/Dark Samus players in this tourney, outplacing the Zero Suits placement wise. I figured the ZSS players would get knocked out around top 64, but the bulk of them were out a bit before then; the premature Marss elimination was a big surprise though. The Ridleys fared about as well as I anticipated, and think they will stop seeing as much rep with the less than stellar results.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Other placements.

cookieslayer:ultyounglink: 3-2 Pandarian:ultpokemontrainer:
This eliminates Pandarian at 33rd place. cookieslayer is currently doing a rematch against Glutonny to reach further in top 32.
Samsora:ultpeach: 3-0 Stroder:ultgreninja::ultmario:
Samsora is showing his dominance as normal and continues through the winner's bracket.

The Ridleys fared about as well as I anticipated, and think they will stop seeing as much rep with the less than stellar results.
A lot of high caliber players such as Salem got knocked out early as well. As Trela continues to be the dominant #1 player of Houston, still too early to tell.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Other placements.

cookieslayer:ultyounglink: 3-2 Pandarian:ultpokemontrainer:
This eliminates Pandarian at 33rd place. cookieslayer is currently doing a rematch against Glutonny to reach further in top 32.
Samsora:ultpeach: 3-0 Stroder:ultgreninja:
Samsora is showing his dominance as normal and continues through the winner's bracket.

A lot of high caliber players such as Salem got knocked out early as well. As Trela continues to be the dominant #1 player of Houston, still too early to tell.
Stroder actually played :ultmario: games 2 and 3 vs Samsora.
Also apparently YB :ultdarksamus: 3-0 VoiD :ultpichu:
VoiD out at 17th and YB in top 16!

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
YB:ultdarksamus: 3-0 VoiD:ultpichu:

This is what happens when you let a WiFi legend out his cocoon. He does stuff like this. We seen it before with Lima and Cosmos already!

Also, another big tourney without a Pichu in top 12. In this case, top 16 has no Pichu. Interesting trend we are seeing.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Whoa
YB completely shocked me there with his victory, I'm happy to see Samus players making it this far.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
In winner's:
Dabuz:ultolimar: 3-0 Mr E:ultlucina:
Ally:ultsnake: 3-1 T:ultlink::ultyounglink:

In loser's:
Glutonny:ultwario: 3-0 cookieslayer:ultyounglink:
Cookie is out on 25th place. Vengeance is served.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
I hear a lot of buzz about Pichu, but is anyone besides VoiD doing well with him at a high level?
Another Pichu player, forgot who, got 13th in Frostbite alongside VoiD. However, as far as I remember, that is all (I think Nietono is going well in Japan with Pichu as well, but definitely not VoiD levels of success).

Stroder:ultgreninja: 3-0 quiK:ultsamus: to eliminate him in 17th place. Pretty nice placement, but YB continues to push forward. He is only remaining Metriod rep left.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Another Pichu player, forgot who, got 13th in Frostbite alongside VoiD. However, as far as I remember, that is all (I think Edge is going well in Japan with Pichu as well, but definitely not VoiD levels of success).

Stroder:ultgreninja: 3-0 quiK:ultsamus: to eliminate him in 17th place. Pretty nice placement, but YB continues to push forward. He is only remaining Metriod rep left.
I think you mean Nietono. Etsuji (Edge) uses Lucina.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Glutonny:ultwario: 3-1 T:ultlink::ultyounglink: to eliminate him in 17th place.

Edit: Also Mr E:ultlucina: 3-2 Myran:ultolimar: to eliminate him at 17th place.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
This is what top 16 looks like.

Winner's:
Mr.R:ultsnake::ultchrom::ultinkling::ultroy: vs zackray:ultwolf::ultlucina:
Ally:ultsnake: vs Samsora:ultpeach:
Tea:ultpacman: vs Dabuz:ultolimar:
Light:ultfox: vs Shuton:ultolimar:

Loser's:
Nairo:ultpalutena: vs Nicko:ultshulk:
Mr E:ultlucina: vs Tweek:ultwolf::ultyounglink:
Stroder:ultgreninja: vs Glutonny:ultwario:
YB:ultdarksamus: vs MkLeo:ultmarth::ultlucina:

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Tweek:ultwolf::ultyounglink: ends ven's:ultzelda: run at 17th place, in a 3-0 victory.

Edit: Nicko:ultshulk: 3-1 Larry Lurr:ultfox::ultfalco:, eliminating him at 17th place.
Edit 2: Nairo:ultpalutena: 3-0 Stryker:ultbowser:, eliminating him at 17th place.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
MKLeo :ultmarth::ultlucina: 3-1 Teb :ultmario:, eliminating him at 17th place.

Aaawwwwwww, almost everyone I've been routing for is all gone :( Good stuff to Teb, ven, and T though, glad they got as far as they did.

Let's go Tea!

Last edited:
Top Bottom