• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media 2GG: Prime Saga Discussion Thread

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Also, ESAM is kind of disappointed on how he performed today. He got 17th at doubles (an all-time low) and 33rd at singles.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
ESAM still saying Zelda's ass ;_;
Eh well. Is there a reason Tweek didn't show up for the ceremony? It's not really that nice to not show up for no reason.

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
Olimar damage output isn't that different from other top tiers, this was shuton dominating zackray to the point that zackray switched to lucina and still got shut down.

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
ESAM still saying Zelda's *** ;_;
Eh well. Is there a reason Tweek didn't show up for the ceremony? It's not really that nice to not show up for no reason.
Knowing tweek, he is taking to hard this underperformance in this tournament, so probably he doesn't want to talk to people rigth know.

edit: sorry i double post, please combine this post

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Holy cow, that was quite a rundown; unfortunately, I couldn't see all of the Grand Finals, but from what I can tell, shuton absolutely dominated zackray; while this can be chocked up to :ultolimar:'s ridiculousness overall, and while that's true, shuton is an extremely talented player, and he's really looking to be the best Olimar main out here currently.

Anywho, some quick impressions (most of it is pretty sloppy):

- :ultfox:, :ultolimar:, and :ultwolf: have pretty much cemented themselves as top tier characters, and I may feel they might need to be adjusted a little, though I'm not too certain. To sort of go off on what Gatekeeper said, while Olimar's damage output is ridiculous, Fox's is actually not too far off in terms of silliness; he can easily get about 40-50% damages in about 3-4 hits, and his up smash is borderline ludicrous with how much range and power it has. Again, I'm not saying they should definitely be nerfed, but they might need to later on, and if so, I'd say only small tweaks overall.

- :ultridley: did not perform as well as I had expected, especially with Trela getting knocked out quite early. This was a bit of a bummer, as I do think Ridley's better than people give him credit before, but 49th is still a good placement, especially out of 800+ entrants. :ultluigi: also did not do very well either, with Elegant getting knocked out at the same time Trela did; Luigi's polarizing traits are starting to show their ugly sides, though I do have faith Elegant will do better with him.

- Holy guacamole, poor :ultmario:, this tournament was just not for him; I thought he had some really solid reps in the form of Zenyou, MastaMario, and Prodigy, but Zenyou failed to attend, MastaMario couldn't even get out of pools, and Prodigy ultimately got knocked early at 65th. From what I heard, MastaMario's not happy at all with how he did.

That said, Teb did well with Mario overall, placing 17th, and Stroder also brought him up when he needed it as well; based on his tweet, he said he was planning on co-maining :ultmario: and :ultgreninja: for the future.

- :ultsnake: really is starting to show his status as a more polarizing top tier. There are many matches he does well in, in which people cannot answer his grenade shenanigans very well, but some characters like Pikachu and Mr. Game and Watch are a real struggle for him.

-Nicko's definitely proving that :ultshulk: is a force to be reckoned with, and scored a pretty strong placing at 13th place. That said, Nairo did show a pretty noticeable weakness of Shulk's that being that his Monado Arts like Smash can also be used against him. Still not sold on him being a top tier, but doing good at a big tourney is most welcome.

- Some nice placements from characters you normally don't see, with Stryker and Ven each placing at 17th with :ultzelda: and :ultbowser: respectively, as well as Sparg0 placing 25th with :ultcloud:, and Zaki placing 25th with :ultkingdedede:. T also did well with :ultlink: at 17th. I noticed with T generally performed worse with :ultyounglink: overall, though I imagine it's because Link is his better character atm.

- :ultdarksamus::ultsamus: scored big with two 13th placements today; Samus is looking more and more at her prime since Melee, having much more dangerous projectiles, as well as very quick and powerful kill options with good reach, like Nair and Bair.

- It's a good day for :ultpacman: as Tea managed to reach 5th place, taking out some really big names like Tweek and Dabuz in the progress. Pac-Man is just a really dangerous foe with his strong sets of aerials, disjointed smash attacks, and really tricky projectiles to play around.

- I am starting to become a bit more pessimistic about :ultganondorf: in the future; I noticed that when Samsora and Light have adjusted to the fear factor that he carried, it was curtains for him. Of course, we need more information in the future about Ganondorf overall, but let's just say that his old wounds from Smash 4 are starting to resurface.

- Quite a lot of upsets, with cookieslayer defeating Gluttony, Mr. R defeating MKLeo, Banana Boy defeating Prodigy, imHip defeating Salem, etc. Just goes to show how many matchups there are to deal with, as well there is quite a lot of challengers out there looking to take big names.

That's all for now; sorry for the sloppy format, but just wanted to get all my thoughts done haha

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Holy cow, that was quite a rundown; unfortunately, I couldn't see all of the Grand Finals, but from what I can tell, shuton absolutely dominated zackray; while this can be chocked up to :ultolimar:'s ridiculousness overall, and while that's true, shuton is an extremely talented player, and he's really looking to be the best Olimar main out here currently.

Anywho, some quick impressions (most of it is pretty sloppy):

- :ultfox:, :ultolimar:, and :ultwolf: have pretty much cemented themselves as top tier characters, and I may feel they might need to be adjusted a little, though I'm not too certain. To sort of go off on what Gatekeeper said, while Olimar's damage output is ridiculous, Fox's is actually not too far off in terms of silliness; he can easily get about 40-50% damages in about 3-4 hits, and his up smash is borderline ludicrous with how much range and power it has. Again, I'm not saying they should definitely be nerfed, but they might need to later on, and if so, I'd say only small tweaks overall.

- :ultridley: did not perform as well as I had expected, especially with Trela getting knocked out quite early. This was a bit of a bummer, as I do think Ridley's better than people give him credit before, but 49th is still a good placement, especially out of 800+ entrants. :ultluigi: also did not do very well either, with Elegant getting knocked out at the same time Trela did; Luigi's polarizing traits are starting to show their ugly sides, though I do have faith Elegant will do better with him.

- Holy guacamole, poor :ultmario:, this tournament was just not for him; I thought he had some really solid reps in the form of Zenyou, MastaMario, and Prodigy, but Zenyou failed to attend, MastaMario couldn't even get out of pools, and Prodigy ultimately got knocked early at 65th. From what I heard, MastaMario's not happy at all with how he did.

That said, Teb did well with Mario overall, placing 17th, and Stroder also brought him up when he needed it as well; based on his tweet, he said he was planning on co-maining :ultmario: and :ultgreninja: for the future.

- :ultsnake: really is starting to show his status as a more polarizing top tier. There are many matches he does well in, in which people cannot answer his grenade shenanigans very well, but some characters like Pikachu and Mr. Game and Watch are a real struggle for him.

-Nicko's definitely proving that :ultshulk: is a force to be reckoned with, and scored a pretty strong placing at 13th place. That said, Nairo did show a pretty noticeable weakness of Shulk's that being that his Monado Arts like Smash can also be used against him. Still not sold on him being a top tier, but doing good at a big tourney is most welcome.

- Some nice placements from characters you normally don't see, with Stryker and Ven each placing at 17th with :ultzelda: and :ultbowser: respectively, as well as Sparg0 placing 25th with :ultcloud:, and Zaki placing 25th with :ultkingdedede:. T also did well with :ultlink: at 17th. I noticed with T generally performed worse with :ultyounglink: overall, though I imagine it's because Link is his better character atm.

- :ultdarksamus::ultsamus: scored big with two 13th placements today; Samus is looking more and more at her prime since Melee, having much more dangerous projectiles, as well as very quick and powerful kill options with good reach, like Nair and Bair.

- It's a good day for :ultpacman: as Tea managed to reach 5th place, taking out some really big names like Tweek and Dabuz in the progress. Pac-Man is just a really dangerous foe with his strong sets of aerials, disjointed smash attacks, and really tricky projectiles to play around.

- I am starting to become a bit more pessimistic about :ultganondorf: in the future; I noticed that when Samsora and Light have adjusted to the fear factor that he carried, it was curtains for him. Of course, we need more information in the future about Ganondorf overall, but let's just say that his old wounds from Smash 4 are starting to resurface.

- Quite a lot of upsets, with cookieslayer defeating Gluttony, Mr. R defeating MKLeo, Banana Boy defeating Prodigy, imHip defeating Salem, etc. Just goes to show how many matchups there are to deal with, as well there is quite a lot of challengers out there looking to take big names.

That's all for now; sorry for the sloppy format, but just wanted to get all my thoughts done haha
It should be noted that a lot of top players feel early in bracket at 65th place. Trela and Elegant are two victims of this, with the biggest victim being Salem. With those two continue to do very well in local and regional tournaments, with Trela in particular dominating his region, it is too early to write these two off.

Small correction: Samus got a 13th and 17th placement, not double 13th. Your point still stands though.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
This also was a not a good tourament for :ultpichu:. With the highest placement was Void at 17th. Not too bad normally but slightly underwhelming due to Pichu generally being considered a top 5 character.

Well Pichu also won a pretty stacked Sumbamoto in Japan this week so its not like it was a bad week

Last edited:
Top Bottom