• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Normanz

Smash Rookie
Uh oh.
Sakurai’s new Famitsu is kinda lowering 2b’s chances by a whole lot. He said in the post that it’s mainly Nintendo’s decision on which character gets added. This means that the things about how Sakurai really enjoys Yoko Taro’a games might not actually matter much. This also means that if NieR doesn’t get a port, there is pretty much 0% chance of 2b in smash. Were just gonna have to hope that a switch port comes on the tenth anniversary.

He also pointed out how there is a abundance of sword characters, which might be something else to look out for. So thats some depressing news

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Uh oh.
Sakurai’s new Famitsu is kinda lowering 2b’s chances by a whole lot. He said in the post that it’s mainly Nintendo’s decision on which character gets added. This means that the things about how Sakurai really enjoys Yoko Taro’a games might not actually matter much. This also means that if NieR doesn’t get a port, there is pretty much 0% chance of 2b in smash. Were just gonna have to hope that a switch port comes on the tenth anniversary.

He also pointed out how there is a abundance of sword characters, which might be something else to look out for. So thats some depressing news
It literally means nothing.

2B was, is, and never has been likely, and we've known that Nintendo has been choosing the characters since November 2018. She's still a popular and recent character that would make a splash and we know Sakurai loves the Nier and Drakengard series and that she's becoming a major Square-Enix crossover character. These are all points in her favor when you consider Nintendo probably picked an Atlus character that ended up being Joker for those same reasons - relevance, excitement, strong crossover resume, and can strengthen company bonds.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
So a bit related to the topic, but I made a Death Battle meme between 2B and Fulgore. And I wonder who would win? Also, if 2B was in first in Smash, I hope that she will be Fulgore's trailer enemy in Smash on his trailer intro.
EQ63Q77WoAAvYUc.jpeg

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Well. If we want automata get ported to switch, there's only one thing to do and it is ask for it to Square.

Do someone have a link to contact someone important in square from japan?

Edit:
I've already tried to do it, but didn't go so far.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Suppose to be an event regarding PlatinumGames next week. Its wishful thinking but he's to hoping 2B being announced!

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Suppose to be an event regarding PlatinumGames next week. Its wishful thinking but he's to hoping 2B being announced!
Look there is a 4 in the announcement so there are some options to be taken in account, i would say it can be drakengard 4, another nier because we have nier gestalt, replicant and automata or there will be 4 announcements. Whichever it is i hope its good.

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Sheesh... Have you guys saw the news about fighters pass?

Seems like Nintendo doesn't plan to add more fighters after fpv2 ends, this may be 2B's last chance to get in.
At least until a new entry of the series... Really hope she gets in on any challenger pack.

But, let's go. Isn't the time to go down, wish luck to our robotic girl.

Or we can ask nintendo for more dlc.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Sheesh... Have you guys saw the news about fighters pass?

Seems like Nintendo doesn't plan to add more fighters after fpv2 ends, this may be 2B's last chance to get in.
At least until a new entry of the series... Really hope she gets in on any challenger pack.

But, let's go. Isn't the time to go down, wish luck to our robotic girl.

Or we can ask nintendo for more dlc.
As of this to be honest i wish this to be the last dlc in this game, because it looks like sakurai cant rest or work or basically do anything else when working on this and i feel this man has won himself a good rest; so i am wishing she is in this last fp.

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
I think the same. All the man has been working on is SSB, he deserves a vacation and i know he wants to work on other games. What i said on my last post kind wished more dlc just for chances in case she didn't make it in fp vol 2.

As of this to be honest i wish this to be the last dlc in this game, because it looks like sakurai cant rest or work or basically do anything else when working on this and i feel this man has won himself a good rest; so i am wishing she is in this last fp.

Normanz

Smash Rookie
Look there is a 4 in the announcement so there are some options to be taken in account, i would say it can be drakengard 4, another nier because we have nier gestalt, replicant and automata or there will be 4 announcements. Whichever it is i hope its good.
Nier's 10th birthday + major Platinum games announcement. Something big MUST be happening for Nier.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
No celebration of NieR: Automata's 3rd anniversary? I shall be the one to acknowledge and celebrate it!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79696638

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Idk how I could forgot about the anniversary :(

Maybe it's time for me to replay the game. Never played the DLC and I have it, so it could be a good opportunity to try it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its fake.

Because as we know Nintendo is now trying to keep all potential leaks under wraps as possible.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
2B seems like a fun candidate and I support her! Here’s a trailer and a moveset for her:

*Cross flair intro*

The trailer starts with a brief, yet imposing shot of Galeem. The camera then pans out and cuts to an abandoned city. Clashing sounds are heard until Shulk is knocked off-screen. He hastily gets up only to gain a vision from the Monado. In it, puppet versions of Mega Man and R.O.B. are charging their respective energy weapons before releasing a massive energy bolt that explodes and completely incinerates Shulk, much like Galeem's trails of light. The vision ends and Shulk is immediately hit in the torso by a Metal Blade, courtesy of the Mega Man puppet from the vision. The camera then cuts away to reveal a lone figure running along the rooftops before latching onto a strange metal box-like entity and beginning to float downwards. Shulk, as he fends off Mega Man with Stream Edge, is then barraged by a helicopter punch, courtesy of a puppet R.O.B. from behind. Shulk then attempts to activate Monado Speed before he is grabbed from behind by Mega Man, who holds the Colony 9 Scientist as R.O.B. hits Shulk with a Gyromite. Mega Man then releases Shulk and plants a Crash Bomber before jumping back as it detonates. The figure from before then lands on the ground before zooming along the ground as though they were floating. Shulk props himself up, only to see R.O.B. and Mega Man charging their respective Robo Beam and Mega Buster. Shulk attempts to get up, but a sharp jolt of pain from the beatings pushes him further down. Shulk, now worried that the vision will come to pass, closes his eyes resigned to his fate. The puppet R.O.B. and Mega Man then release their energy, making the large energy bolt from before. Suddenly, at the last second, something whizzes by Shulk and picks him up before the bolt explodes. Shulk opens his eyes and looks up to his savior: a black-clad, white-haired woman with two katana and a blindfold over her eyes. She looks down at the Heir to the Monado before taking out both swords and preparing for battle against her adversaries.

To put it simply, it's like she's about to carry the Weight of the World of Light.

2B Is Dressed To Kill!

The camera then cuts to gameplay in the City Ruins, where 2B is ready for battle. She showcases a unique moveset involving her companion, Pod 042, and her signature weapons, Virtuous Contract and Virtuous Treaty. She manages to beat a few fighters before she is swiftly defeated by multiple more forces of Galeem. CGI then cuts back to 2B, who is sliding along the ground next to Shulk. The two look up and see an entire army of puppet Mega Men and R.O.B.s that are imposingly approaching the two. Just as they get close enough, a swift streak of bloody red silhouettes flies past the closest puppets, completely annihilating them. 2B and Shulk then see a new figure similar to the former, but with more disheveled hair and no blindfold. 2B looks on in shock whereas Shulk is staring up in confusion. The girl looks down on at the two people behind her, a cold, yet caring look in her eyes.

"Letting Galeem's goons beat you down? So not like you," snarked the girl. "Not that I wanted to save you, anyways...just don't get in my way and nobody besides these punks gets hurt."

A2 Goes Berserk!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay of A2 as an Alt Costume for 2B. The scene then shows the stage, City Ruins, where various Machine Lifeforms and YoRHa Units are spectating the match. The trailer then cuts to 2B's Final Smash, which has A2 barrage the opponents while in Berserk Mode. As soon as A2 is finished with the attack, 2B then activates her Self-Destruct function and explodes.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X NieR: Automata

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / PlatinumGames Inc.

Playstyle: 2B is an aggressive character that is good at both ranges. She wields two weapons: the small sword Virtuous Contract and the large sword Virtuous Treaty. She also has a good projectile attack in the form of Pod 042, who constantly floats beside 2B. She’s fast and hard-hitting, but it makes her defense not as good. Not to mention, her size being equal to Joker’s and the fact that her aerial movement isn’t that good, make it easy to hit her.
Unique Mechanic: Perfect Evade: 2B has a unique dodge mechanic: if timing her attacks to Perfect Shielding-level accuracy, she will counter the opponent’s attack if the player presses the attack button immediately beforehand. Think Bayonetta’s Bat Within, but in reverse.
Jab: 2B does two hook punches before performing two overhead kicks on the opponent and finishing off with a roundhouse kick.
F-tilt: 2B performs three roundhouse kicks on the opponent if the player taps the button. If holding the button, 2B charges before using the attack, dealing increased damage.
U-tilt: 2B lifts off from the air for a split second before performing an upwards-propelling version of Snake’s U-tilt.
D-tilt: 2B jumps upwards before plummeting downwards like a meteor, both fists pulled outwards.
Dash Attack: Dash Attack is different based on the last weapon used:

• 2B throws the Small Sword in front of her, causing it to spin as it goes outwards. This doesn’t deal much damage, but it comes out fast and is good for combos.
  • 2B throws the Large Sword in front of her, which spins as it goes outwards. This attack is used for killing, and deals a lot of damage, but it comes out very slowly and is not good for combos.
  • 2B lunges forwards with a corkscrew kick if she’s used her Bare Fists beforehand. This is the middle ground out of all the Dash Attacks she has.
Pummel: 2B fires a wire to grab the opponent that can also be used as a tether. For her pummel, 2B will smash the opponent with the hilt of Virtuous Treaty.
F-throw: 2B commands Pod to ram into the opponent at high speeds.
D-throw: 2B jumps over the opponent throws Virtuous Contract down upon them, then calls the sword back before performing a plummeting slash.
B-throw: 2B uses Pod 042 to fire multiple shots before firing a final shot that blasts them away.
U-throw: 2B jumps upwards and just as she stops touching the ground, performs a rising slash on the opponent with Virtuous Contract, propelling herself upwards as she goes. Based on her Light Sword Rising Heavy Attack.
N-air: 2B swings Virtuous Treaty around her, hitting opponents in all directions. Loosely based on her Large Sword Aerial Light attack.
F-air: 2B swings Virtuous Contract four times before throwing it outwards. This is an F-air similar to Bayonetta’s in the sense that each blow is dealt by mashing the button. Based on 2B’s Small Sword Aerial Light attack.
D-air: 2B swings downwards with Virtuous Treaty, plummeting downwards and dealing a meteor smash on hit. Based on 2B’s Large Sword Aerial Heavy attack.
B-air: 2B fires a single shot from Pod 042, slightly propelling her forwards. Based on the Pod Jump technique.
U-air: 2B performs an overhead double-slash with both swords.
Side Smash: 2B slashes twice with Virtuous Contract before slashing downwards with Virtuous Treaty. Deals 6 hits total, divided evenly amongst the weapons, with the last hit dealing the knockback.
Up Smash: 2B charges Virtuous Treaty before jumping upwards and performing a rising spinning slash that deals multiple hits and sends her airborne. Based on the Rising Jump Heavy Attack with the Large Sword.
Down Smash: 2B has Pod 042 initiate the Spear Pod Program, summoning light spears on both sides of her. The spears have a tipper mechanic and cover some decent ground.
Neutral B: Pod Machine Gun/Rocket Program: Pod 042 will fire towards the last person her swords hit, firing shots similar to Fox’s Blaster, but holding B can shoot bombs similar to Samus’ Super Missile. This can be done while 2B is moving.
Side B: Mirage Program: Pod 042 analyzes all targets in a radius in front of her before 2B bolts forwards. Anyone caught in the radius are completely slowed before 2B deals five strikes within that radius. The move comes and goes near instantly without triggering, however, and if the opponent is dodging while the Mirage Program is triggered, they will not take damage.
Up B: Missile Program: 2B erects a barrier in front of her, then charges forward like a raging bull. Opponents hit are sent flying. 2B can shoot this in any direction, and even so, she can mildly steer it in directions. If the player holds B afterwards, she will grab onto Pod 042 to float downwards, similarly to Peach’s Up B. Similarly to Bowser Jr, 2B has a unique attack that she can only use until she lands after using Up B. By pressing the A or B button, 2B will kick in front of and behind her for damage. Unlike Bowser Jr, she will release Pod after performing the attack.
Down B: Pod Programs: 2B will command Pod 042 to engage a program. Pod 042 will release a projectile that has a different property based on the program used. Hold the B button to cycle between the following programs before releasing and using one:

• Wave Program: Releases a wave of energy that goes outwards. The attack has limited range, but deals a lot of damage.
  • Slow Program: Creates a field in which all opponents are under a Stopwatch-esque effect.
  • Gravity Program: Creates a field that sucks in opponents similarly to the Black Hole item.
Final Smash: Glory To Mankind: 2B will toss Virtuous Treaty in a straight line towards her opponent. Any opponents will be subject to an assault from A2 in Berserk Mode before 2B self-destructs and launches opponents.

Easter Egg: One of 2B’s taunts is to bend over and pet Pod-042. If an opponent turns towards her from behind during this taunt, 2B will automatically dodge roll away from the opponent to face them.

Alt Costume: A2 appears as an alternate costume for 2B. Like Inkling and Byleth, both 2B and A2 have two unique victory animations and one shared victory animation.

Last edited:

Normanz

Smash Rookie
2B seems like a fun candidate and I support her! Here’s a trailer and a moveset for her:

*Cross flair intro*

The trailer starts with a brief, yet imposing shot of Galeem. The camera then pans out and cuts to an abandoned city. Clashing sounds are heard until Shulk is knocked off-screen. He hastily gets up only to gain a vision from the Monado. In it, puppet versions of Mega Man and R.O.B. are charging their respective energy weapons before releasing a massive energy bolt that explodes and completely incinerates Shulk, much like Galeem's trails of light. The vision ends and Shulk is immediately hit in the torso by a Metal Blade, courtesy of the Mega Man puppet from the vision. The camera then cuts away to reveal a lone figure running along the rooftops before latching onto a strange metal box-like entity and beginning to float downwards. Shulk, as he fends off Mega Man with Stream Edge, is then barraged by a helicopter punch, courtesy of a puppet R.O.B. from behind. Shulk then attempts to activate Monado Speed before he is grabbed from behind by Mega Man, who holds the Colony 9 Scientist as R.O.B. hits Shulk with a Gyromite. Mega Man then releases Shulk and plants a Crash Bomber before jumping back as it detonates. The figure from before then lands on the ground before zooming along the ground as though they were floating. Shulk props himself up, only to see R.O.B. and Mega Man charging their respective Robo Beam and Mega Buster. Shulk attempts to get up, but a sharp jolt of pain from the beatings pushes him further down. Shulk, now worried that the vision will come to pass, closes his eyes resigned to his fate. The puppet R.O.B. and Mega Man then release their energy, making the large energy bolt from before. Suddenly, at the last second, something whizzes by Shulk and picks him up before the bolt explodes. Shulk opens his eyes and looks up to his savior: a black-clad, white-haired woman with two katana and a blindfold over her eyes. She looks down at the Heir to the Monado before taking out both swords and preparing for battle against her adversaries.

To put it simply, it's like she's about to carry the Weight of the World of Light.

2B Is Dressed To Kill!

The camera then cuts to gameplay in the City Ruins, where 2B is ready for battle. She showcases a unique moveset involving her companion, Pod 042, and her signature weapons, Virtuous Contract and Virtuous Treaty. She manages to beat a few fighters before she is swiftly defeated by multiple more forces of Galeem. CGI then cuts back to 2B, who is sliding along the ground next to Shulk. The two look up and see an entire army of puppet Mega Men and R.O.B.s that are imposingly approaching the two. Just as they get close enough, a swift streak of bloody red silhouettes flies past the closest puppets, completely annihilating them. 2B and Shulk then see a new figure similar to the former, but with more disheveled hair and no blindfold. 2B looks on in shock whereas Shulk is staring up in confusion. The girl looks down on at the two people behind her, a cold, yet caring look in her eyes.

"Letting Galeem's goons beat you down? So not like you," snarked the girl. "Not that I wanted to save you, anyways...just don't get in my way and nobody besides these punks gets hurt."

A2 Goes Berserk!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay of A2 as an Alt Costume for 2B. The scene then shows the stage, City Ruins, where various Machine Lifeforms and YoRHa Units are spectating the match. The trailer then cuts to 2B's Final Smash, which has A2 barrage the opponents while in Berserk Mode. As soon as A2 is finished with the attack, 2B then activates her Self-Destruct function and explodes.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X NieR: Automata

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / PlatinumGames Inc.

Playstyle: 2B is an aggressive character that is good at both ranges. She wields two weapons: the small sword Virtuous Contract and the large sword Virtuous Treaty. She also has a good projectile attack in the form of Pod 042, who constantly floats beside 2B. She’s fast and hard-hitting, but it makes her defense not as good. Not to mention, her size being equal to Joker’s and the fact that her aerial movement isn’t that good, make it easy to hit her.
Unique Mechanic: Perfect Evade: 2B has a unique dodge mechanic: if timing her attacks to Perfect Shielding-level accuracy, she will counter the opponent’s attack if the player presses the attack button immediately beforehand. Think Bayonetta’s Bat Within, but in reverse.
Jab: 2B does two hook punches before performing two overhead kicks on the opponent and finishing off with a roundhouse kick.
F-tilt: 2B performs three roundhouse kicks on the opponent if the opponent taps the opponent. If holding the button, 2B charge before using the attack, dealing increased damage.
U-tilt: 2B lifts off from the air for a split second before performing an upwards-propelling version of Snake’s U-tilt.
D-tilt: 2B jumps upwards before plummeting downwards like a meteor, both fists pulled outwards.
Dash Attack: Dash Attack is different based on the last weapon used:

• 2B throws the Small Sword in front of her, causing it to spin as it goes outwards. This doesn’t deal much damage, but it comes out fast and is good for combos.
  • 2B throws the Large Sword in front of her, which spins as it goes outwards. This attack is used for killing, and deals a lot of damage, but it comes out very slowly and is not good for combos.
  • 2B lunges forwards with a corkscrew kick if she’s used her Bare Fists beforehand. This is the middle ground out of all the Dash Attacks she has.
Pummel: 2B fires a wire to grab the opponent that can also be used as a tether. For her pummel, 2B will smash the opponent with the hilt of Virtuous Treaty.
F-throw: 2B commands Pod to ram into the opponent at high speeds.
D-throw: 2B jumps over the opponent throws Virtuous Contract down upon them, then calls the sword back before performing a plummeting slash.
B-throw: 2B uses Pod 042 to fire multiple shots before firing a final shot that blasts them away.
U-throw: 2B jumps upwards and just as she stops touching the ground, performs a rising slash on the opponent with Virtuous Contract, propelling herself upwards as she goes. Based on her Light Sword Rising Heavy Attack.
N-air: 2B swings Virtuous Treaty around her, hitting opponents in all directions. Loosely based on her Large Sword Aerial Light attack.
F-air: 2B swings Virtuous Contract four times before throwing it outwards. This is an F-air similar to Bayonetta’s in the sense that each blow is dealt by mashing the button. Based on 2B’s Small Sword Aerial Light attack.
D-air: 2B swings downwards with Virtuous Treaty, plummeting downwards and dealing a meteor smash on hit. Based on 2B’s Large Sword Aerial Heavy attack.
B-air: 2B fires a single shot from Pod 042, slightly propelling her forwards. Based on the Pod Jump technique.
U-air: 2B performs an overhead double-slash with both swords.
Side Smash: 2B slashes twice with Virtuous Contract before slashing downwards with Virtuous Treaty. Deals 6 hits total, divided evenly amongst the weapons, with the last hit dealing the knockback.
Up Smash: 2B charges Virtuous Treaty before jumping upwards and performing a rising spinning slash that deals multiple hits and sends her airborne. Based on the Rising Jump Heavy Attack with the Large Sword.
Down Smash: 2B has Pod 042 initiate the Spear Pod Program, summoning light spears on both sides of her. The spears have a tipper mechanic and cover some decent ground.
Neutral B: Pod Machine Gun/Rocket Program: Pod 042 will fire towards the last person her swords hit, firing shots similar to Fox’s Blaster, but holding B can shoot bombs similar to Samus’ Super Missile. This can be done while 2B is moving.
Side B: Mirage Program: Pod 042 analyzes all targets in a radius in front of her before 2B bolts forwards. Anyone caught in the radius are completely slowed before 2B deals five strikes within that radius. The move comes and goes near instantly without triggering, however, and if the opponent is dodging while the Mirage Program is triggered, they will not take damage.
Up B: Missile Program: 2B erects a barrier in front of her, then charges forward like a raging bull. Opponents hit are sent flying. 2B can shoot this in any direction, and even so, she can mildly steer it in directions. If the player holds B afterwards, she will grab onto Pod 042 to float downwards, similarly to Peach’s Up B. Similarly to Bowser Jr, 2B has a unique attack that she can only use until she lands after using Up B. By pressing the A or B button, 2B will kick in front of and behind her for damage. Unlike Bowser Jr, she will release Pod after performing the attack.
Down B: Pod Programs: 2B will command Pod 042 to engage a program. Pod 042 will release a projectile that has a different property based on the program used. Hold the B button to cycle between the following programs before releasing and using one:

• Wave Program: Releases a wave of energy that goes outwards. The attack has limited range, but deals a lot of damage.
  • Slow Program: Creates a field in which all opponents are under a Stopwatch-esque effect.
  • Gravity Program: Creates a field that sucks in opponents similarly to the Black Hole item.
Final Smash: Glory To Mankind: 2B will toss Virtuous Treaty in a straight line towards her opponent. Any opponents will be subject to an assault from A2 in Berserk Mode before 2B self-destructs and launches opponents.

Easter Egg: One of 2B’s taunts is to bend over and pet Pod-042. If an opponent turns towards her from behind during this taunt, 2B will automatically dodge roll away from the opponent to face them.

Alt Costume: A2 appears as an alternate costume for 2B. Like Inkling and Byleth, both 2B and A2 have two unique victory animations and one shared victory animation.
Her final smash should totally be a hacking mini game. that would be sick

SNEKeater

Smash Master
What up I spent like 20 hours on this game and I'm in love, only at the start of Route C and I've got to say, 2B in Smash would make me pop off hard
Route C is an amazing ride. Glad to see you enjoying the game!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw I realized that the coolest possible final smash is a cinematic one where 2B gets in a flight unit and blasts people to kingdom come, slices and dices em with it before pulling a 9S and crashing the flight unit into the enemy to finish them off

Top Bottom