• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My friends and I have a gentleman's agreement to not use 2B in Soul Calibur. She's really kind of busted. I guarantee you she'd be broken in Smash.

Who's ready to have another Bayo?
>2B is busted in Soul Calibur 6 so she'd be busted in a completely different game.

What?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You guys are taking it way too seriously. But doesn't it seem that these hack and Slash characters seem a bit too combo heavy?

Beastlord is nostalgic for me.

If she doesn't get it instead of Virtuous treaty, I'd hope they switch the swords around for each palette swap at least, but I doubt it.
Hell yeah I need Beastlord! Maybe one of her alts can also have the Phoenix weapons.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I haven't played NA yet (waiting for a Switch port pleeeeease), but I'd be happy for 2B to be in Smash.
She'd be a great combo character to rival Bayo

NineS

Smash Lord
I wonder.
Most supporter groups have their own nickname for the group, right?

What would we call ourselves? YoRHa?
I'd want something with a nice ring to it but still relates to NieR/Androids/2B

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wonder.
Most supporter groups have their own nickname for the group, right?

What would we call ourselves? YoRHa?
I'd want something with a nice ring to it but still relates to NieR/Androids/2B
I'd say gestalts or replicants but that's more a recerence to og Nier.

Otherwise YoRHa seems fine, if not androids.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Should the fact that nier automata is getting a collaboration with ff14 matter? I mean nier automata is getting a lot of support and collab lately so is this good or bad for her getting into smash?

NineS

Smash Lord
Should the fact that nier automata is getting a collaboration with ff14 matter? I mean nier automata is getting a lot of support and collab lately so is this good or bad for her getting into smash?
Nier always gets all sorts of collabs. They're already doing another, but with a JP-only mobile RPG.
To Yoko Taro, Yosuke Saito, and the other head honchos in charge of Nier, more Nier is always better. Yoko Taro openly said he wants to put 2B/NieR in as many games as possible. Or, something along those lines.

Long-story short. No, this doesn't hurt 2B's chances in getting in Smash. If anything, I'd say it just shows how much Squenix is pushing for Nier.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am not expecting her too much, but I am certainly a supporter of 2B getting in Smash.

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, so supporters of 2B so far are:

01. Altais Altais (Creator of Thread)
02. @Russell_SSB
03. @Schnee117
04. @Ridley_Prime
05. @Devil May Plop
06. @Bestmand902
07. @Velvet Rebirth
08. @Wolfie557
09. @Shinuto
10. Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
11. @RandomAce
12. @SEGAGameBoy
13. @Mistaros
14. @Nonno Umby
15. @FirestormNeos
16. @Hydra of Chaos
17. @Llort A. Ton
18. Flyboy Flyboy
19. @Dyllybirdy
20. NineS NineS (Yours truly)
21. @Demonfunds
22. @scarlet solsitce
23. TheYungLink TheYungLink
24. KatKit KatKit
25. @Pakky
26. @Johnknight1
27. @Nauzgo
28. @Kirbeh
29. @Luxent
30. @Wurmple for smash
31. @PsySmasher
32. @NinjaWaddleDee
33. @KarneraMythos
34. @KidCham
35. @SuperSceptile15
36. @DogManStar
37. Idon Idon
38. @NIckynickreviews
39. @rat.jpg
40. @Saetanigera
41. @4ntarianSP4CE
42. @InfiniteRE
43. Flaxr XIII Flaxr XIII
44. Ricksaw Ricksaw
45. @TCT~Phantom
46. Scottfrankd Scottfrankd
47. B Bloodyunicorn93
48. EarlTamm EarlTamm

48 supporters on this list in total.
If you'd like to be added to this list, just let me know or @ me.
There's probably tons of other supporters not currently on this list due to not knowing this thread exists. If you see anyone not on this list with 2B in their wishlist/etc., let me know.

There's a lot more supporters than I thought. Let's aim to keep growing!
View attachment 177112
2B or not 2B, we've got nothing to lose.
Just to gain.
48 supporters.
Damn, that's way more than I thought there would've been on this site.
Looking forward to seeing this number grow.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Not sure about 2B's chances, but I do support her inclusion.

Part of me wonders what would happen if Nier himself got in instead?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not sure about 2B's chances, but I do support her inclusion.

Part of me wonders what would happen if Nier himself got in instead?
As long as we got beautiful boy Brother Nier along with Father Nier, I wouldn't complain.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, two questions.
Question one, how do you think they would handle 2B's skirt and such? Bayonetta had to be changed a bit and eventually Palutena as well, so I imagine something would likely be changed. I don't imagine we would be able to get post self destruct 2B as well because of it.
Question two, what do you think a 2B Palutena's Guidance would be like? There is a lot you could do with a 2B PG, especially when you consider the nature of Nier: Automata itself.

NineS

Smash Lord
So, two questions.
Question one, how do you think they would handle 2B's skirt and such? Bayonetta had to be changed a bit and eventually Palutena as well, so I imagine something would likely be changed. I don't imagine we would be able to get post self destruct 2B as well because of it.
Question two, what do you think a 2B Palutena's Guidance would be like? There is a lot you could do with a 2B PG, especially when you consider the nature of Nier: Automata itself.
They'd probably do what they've already done. Make really minor edits to the side of her dress, like they did to Corrin's, to try to hide some thigh.
And add a bit of shadow beneath her dress or make it so her dress doesn't really show as much as normally, along with mess with the physics of her dress.

As for the guidance, maybe they'd reference that machine gun robot girlfriend Pit asked palutena for once.
Or maybe talk about how crazy the story in nier is, or how sad her story is

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
2B is technically wearing a unitard under her dress, but yeah, unless Sakurai really feels like pushing the censors in Japan, they'll probably go the Nintendo Princess route and put a black void under her dress.

KatKit

Smash Lord
It'd be both funny and cool if they censored it with a Yorha logo if you maneuvered the camera in a naughty manner.

She's a robot wearing a leotard, so I think they can get away with more than usual, but it wouldn't be that hard to add extra ruffles or something underneath the dress.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Really, just go the Mythra route and give her stockings. Worked for Fierce Deity Link, anyways.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I wonder how a reveal trailer for 2B would go. Would it be a bait-and-switch? Would it feature Yosuke Saito and Yoko Taro talking to the fans after the trailer? Would the trailer be directed by Taro?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder how a reveal trailer for 2B would go. Would it be a bait-and-switch? Would it feature Yosuke Saito and Yoko Taro talking to the fans after the trailer? Would the trailer be directed by Taro?
I imagine Taro would be involved somehow.

NineS

Smash Lord
I would imagine it being something similar to a bait and switch.
Only, instead of trolling people into thinking it's some other fan favorite character, like K. Rool's was, they make it a bit more of an anticlimactic bait and switch to something more climactic. Say, this huge build-up to one of the DLC characters we already know but haven't been shown, like Joker. Then switch to 2B.

Also, "Yoko Taro" would probably be there. In the same way he's always been there, after the trailer ends...
the truth.png
It will be Sakurai, disguised as Yoko Taro with an Emil head, pretending to be Yoko Taro and talking to the people watching.
Then as they're about to end it all, Sakurai removes the read, revealing it to be him, tells us goodbye and proceeds to treat the Emil head as if it were Yoko Taro himself.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
While it doesn't necessary mean anything, PlatinumGames' Takahisa Taura, the lead game designer of Nier: Automata, has retweeted the direct announcement. Given the variety of projects he was involved in before Nier (The Wonderful 101, especially), this probably shouldn't be looked into too much. Though it is worth noting that he normally doesn't retweet announcements of directs.

EDIT: That retweet from Taura makes sense, he's directing Astral Chain. Congrats on making a directorial debut!

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the Astral Chain trailer yet (it's blocked at my job :(), but based off of google images and knowing who's behind it, I think it's safe to say that an Astral Chain rep would probably be a close second. At the very least, I consider whatever support it gathers as a sister group to this one (and Bayonetta).

Edit: Just saw it. It was better than I expected, and my expectations were high. Good Loooooord.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the Astral Chain trailer yet (it's blocked at my job :(), but based off of google images and knowing who's behind it, I think it's safe to say that an Astral Chain rep would probably be a close second. At the very least, I consider whatever support it gathers as a sister group to this one (and Bayonetta).

Edit: Just saw it. It was better than I expected, and my expectations were high. Good Loooooord.
Astral Chain is honestly one of the best games to come out of that direct for me.

I knew it was Platinum Games the moment I saw it.

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
I am the only one who see 2B fighting and 9S in the background (like pokemon trainer) supporting 2B? or in his victory poses?

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
Wellllllll, but I totally see 9s falling and 2b taking 9s in his arms in a victory pose

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
So, two questions.
Emil face pop up to block "creative photography".

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
IMO, the best way to describe how 2B would be potentially implemented in Smash would be "Bayonetta with a sword", and depending if Pod 042 joins the fight, we can add "and lagless Bayonetta bullets fired by a floating pod".

Depending how powerful this playstyle is, if it is anything like Smash 4 Bayonetta, 2B might quickly become the next $5.99 meme.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
2B looks really cool. I would like to support her.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I fully support her ! (If that's still a thing).

With all the sword users we have, it's kinda crazy we don't have a Katana wielder. (R.I.P Takamaru ;c)

El Rocky Raccoon

Smash Rookie
I've always held the Drakengard and NieR series very close to my heart, and it saddens me they are often so underrated. Yoko Taro is a godamn genius, and I'll play whatever he makes with joy.

NieR:Automata was one of the best experiences I've had in the last years. The game is gorgeous, with a beautiful soundtrack, smooth and flowing gameplay, amazing character design, strong themes and a vaguely melancholic atmosphere that keeps you engaged from start to finish. Ever since playing it I've been longing for 2B to be included in Smash; not because she is a "sexy android", but because she is part of that deep experience that is Nier:Automata.

I can see easily 2B's moveset from NieR:Automata being translated masterfully in Smash with 100% fidelity. Her gameplay in Soulcalibur VI already shows that it works in a fighting game, and in Smash it can work even better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom