• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
With Joker in, legacy doesn't seem to play as large of a factor like the rest of the third parties.
If it did, my most wanted wouldn't have been deconfirmed.

This in mind, 2B seems far more likey.
So, count me in for the support.

Last edited:

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
2B would be a dream character for me, but after Joker's reveal I'm a bit more confident in her chances. She's not in the square 7 but maybe that's because she's the most hidden cause she's in. Regardless count me as a supporter.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Apparently she releases in SC6 next week on the 18th. Wish she had come a little sooner after her announcement like before Smash was out, but looking forward to trying her out on there soon nonetheless.

Can still see her happening with Smash too eventually, especially after Joker.

4ntarianSP4CE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6188-3854-4790
I'm just going to say what we're all thinking: 2B's chances > Sora's chances

- 4nt

Last edited:

4ntarianSP4CE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6188-3854-4790
Apparently she releases in SC6 next week on the 18th. Wish she had come a little sooner after her announcement like before Smash was out, but looking forward to trying her out on there soon nonetheless.

Can still see her happening with Smash too eventually, especially after Joker.
That'd be especially interesting if she made it into Smash after SCVI, considering she'd have a crossover in two major fighting games simultaneously. We might even possibly pull in some of the Soul Calibur crowd along with the NieR Automata fans.

Suck it Noctis. ;v

-4nt

*edit: Apologies for the double post, i'm a bit new to Smashboards.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I feel a lot of people are sleeping on 2B's inclusion. 2B goes hand in hand with Joker for being one of the biggest names of gaming this generation. Any other character I would think as big lately would be Geralt, Noctis, Tracer, and Bloodborne's Hunter.

Also in regards to 2B being in Soul Calibur, I don't see any rule against characters being in multiple crossovers. Geralt being announced for Monster Hunter drives this.

In any case, I'm gonna be campaigning the **** out of 2B. I got Joker and I'm hoping for 2B and Sora to also fill in the slots. Honestly don't care who the other two DLCs are if I get all these.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For first impressions on her in SC6, really digging her quick combo-y playstyle, which I can see her being like in Smash too. Just please don't be another Bayonetta situation where she's declared broken/busted. Like her clothing options you can put on custom characters as well. A little disappointing that she has no story in Soul Chronicles though, especially when Tira who they locked behind the season pass had one. With what they showed in the trailer with Ivy living as long to the point robots rule the world was an interesting concept and they went nowhere with that for a short story chapter? Oh well. :ohwell:

NineS

Smash Lord
For first impressions on her in SC6, really digging her quick combo-y playstyle, which I can see her being like in Smash too. Just please don't be another Bayonetta situation where she's declared broken/busted. Like her clothing options you can put on custom characters as well. A little disappointing that she has no story in Soul Chronicles though, especially when Tira who they locked behind the season pass had one. With what they showed in the trailer with Ivy living as long to the point robots rule the world was an interesting concept and they went nowhere with that for a short story chapter? Oh well. :ohwell:
It's a shame, really, but I'm happy she's finally playable at least.

It's disappointed they didn't give her some sort of story in Soul Chronicles. I think the reason they chose Ivy is essentially because she's cursed to live or something along those lines?
They could've given 2B some sort of story with the more immortal/unaging characters at the very least, or something along those lines.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa edition was announced for PC and PS4. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't announced for Switch. Then I realized...

It'll be announced for Switch alongside 2B in Smash!

NineS

Smash Lord
So NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa edition was announced for PC and PS4. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't announced for Switch. Then I realized...

It'll be announced for Switch alongside 2B in Smash!
I hope so.
There's rumors flying around about something Yoko Taro said when they announced Game of the YoRHa edition. People "decoded" it, and got the date December 22nd out of it.

I doubt it's anything, but after doing some digging, Dec. 22 was the day the NieR: Automata Demo arrived on the PS4. I hope history repeats itself and that is also the day this year it is announced for the switch, or at least a demo of it, etc., but I'll be cautious with my expectations.

Last edited:

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Alright, so supporters of 2B so far are:

01. Altais Altais (Creator of Thread)
02. @Russell_SSB
03. @Schnee117
04. Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime
05. @Devil May Plop
06. @Bestmand902
07. @Velvet Rebirth
08. @Wolfie557
09. @Shinuto
10. Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
11. @RandomAce
12. @SEGAGameBoy
13. @Mistaros
14. @Nonno Umby
15. @FirestormNeos
16. @Hydra of Chaos
17. @Llort A. Ton
18. Flyboy Flyboy
19. @Dyllybirdy
20. NineS NineS (Yours truly)
21. @Demonfunds
22. @scarlet solsitce
23. TheYungLink TheYungLink
24. @KatKit
25. Pakky Pakky
26. @Johnknight1
27. @Nauzgo
28. @Kirbeh
29. @Luxent
30. @Wurmple for smash
31. @PsySmasher
32. @NinjaWaddleDee
33. @KarneraMythos
34. @KidCham
35. SuperSceptile15 SuperSceptile15
36. @DogManStar
37. Idon Idon
38. N NIckynickreviews
39. rat.jpg rat.jpg
40. @Saetanigera
41. 4ntarianSP4CE 4ntarianSP4CE
42. @InfiniteRE
43. Flaxr XIII Flaxr XIII

43 supporters on this list in total.
If you'd like to be added to this list, just let me know or @ me.
There's probably tons of other supporters not currently on this list due to not knowing this thread exists. If you see anyone not on this list with 2B in their wishlist/etc., let me know.

There's a lot more supporters than I thought. Let's aim to keep growing!
View attachment 177112
2B or not 2B, we've got nothing to lose.
Just to gain.
Count me in as one of the supporters, I am a hugeeee fan of the game but mostly of 2B, I started playing final fantasy brave exvius because of her and bought sc6 because of her too; i also bought nier automatas novel long story short and waiting to buy short story long when it comes out. So yeah count me as a big supporter of her in smash.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Do you think we'd get A2 as an Alt or would she work better as an Echo that they probably won't make?

I would very much like to get a Player 2 A2 amiibo.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I actually want 9S as an assist trophy (it'll never happen though) because

then it would be possible for 2B to have 9S KO'd :evil:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you think we'd get A2 as an Alt or would she work better as an Echo that they probably won't make?

I would very much like to get a Player 2 A2 amiibo.
I would want her to be an echo.
Only difference being the trademark sass and of course B-mode as the final smash.

I think it's more likely we'd get 9S as an echo, if we get one at all.
I don't follow your logic at all.
A2 literally does all of 2B's moves beat for beat while 9S not only relies on a hacking minigame but only wields one weapon, wields weapons entirely differently, and has different proportions to 2B.

I actually want 9S as an assist trophy (it'll never happen though) because

then it would be possible for 2B to have 9S KO'd :evil:
Or vice versa.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I don't follow your logic at all.
A2 literally does all of 2B's moves beat for beat while 9S not only relies on a hacking minigame but only wields one weapon, wields weapons entirely differently, and has different proportions to 2B.
I didn't provide any logic, so I don't know what you were trying to follow. But I will now.

9S would make a good Chrom-style echo; largely the same moveset with one, maybe two, different moves. He's also a much more prominent character in NieR: Automata and 2B's primary companion, so it would just make more sense thematically for him to join alongside 2B than A2.

A2 would just be a carbon copy of 2B. I don't have a problem with that, and we do have those already, but A2 wouldn't provide the same kind of aesthetic and personality differences to 2B that Daisy and Richter do to their counterparts, so there'd be little point in adding her.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
9S assist trophy easy. It's not like we can get all of them in but a 9S unique would be fun but I just think the hacking would make for a better assist gimmick. A2 would be a perfect echo Daisy-style with some differences in her dash and possibly up-B and some animations.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm looking at the wiki to piece together a moveset for 2B and it turns out there are a ton of moves that I never learned to do in game during my playthrough.

Like holy crap I didn't know about like half of these moves.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm looking at the wiki to piece together a moveset for 2B and it turns out there are a ton of moves that I never learned to do in game during my playthrough.

Like holy crap I didn't know about like half of these moves.
Well here's a video format for you if that helps

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well here's a video format for you if that helps
Oh excellent. This is good reference.

I was more talking about the functions with the Pod. There are a lot of Pod Programs I never ended up getting.

4ntarianSP4CE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6188-3854-4790
I wish we could get both to be honest.
Personally, my main reason for siding with 2B's inclusion more than anything is that she's simply more likely to make it in than Sora.

I want them both as well (frankly, i want Sora more than 2B), but 2B just feels like a much more feasible possibility since NieR: Automata was developed by Platinum Games. They just seem easy to work with considering Bayonetta's inclusion (along with the evidence suggesting that she was considered as the final candidate midway into the ballot's run). I imagine they have some say in the decision, and there isn't the whole legal debacle with Disney. Obviously Square is very difficult to work with (hence why we haven't gotten any new music for Midgar), but only negotiating with Square is far more easier than negotiating with Square and Disney simultaneously.

Platinum Games just seems to be more cooperative, so my money's on 2B over Sora in terms of their chance of joining.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is 2Bs day in RTC show your support.

Also I am a supporter.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't played any games with 2B in them, but I also have no negativity towards the character. I mainly wanted to ask, do y'all think 2B has any chance of being the "Brave" datamine fighter based on the fighter stats available?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I haven't played any games with 2B in them, but I also have no negativity towards the character. I mainly wanted to ask, do y'all think 2B has any chance of being the "Brave" datamine fighter based on the fighter stats available?
Nooooooope.

There's literally nothing pointing to her.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The only possible pointers are the agility and the air combos but there's like a less than zero chance she's in this game. I wish she was obviously but there's no way. She's even newer than Joker and doesn't even have a game on Switch (and her only game is Automata). Sakurai loves the Nier series, sure, but that's hardly a point.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
My friends and I have a gentleman's agreement to not use 2B in Soul Calibur. She's really kind of busted. I guarantee you she'd be broken in Smash.

Who's ready to have another Bayo?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
My friends and I have a gentleman's agreement to not use 2B in Soul Calibur. She's really kind of busted. I guarantee you she'd be broken in Smash.

Never played Bayonetta but I've played NieR: Automata so I wouldn't care. I want her in regardless.

Also being broken in one game doesn't mean she'd be broken in Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well, Party Wolf put her as B+ which is well below average.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The only possible pointers are the agility and the air combos but there's like a less than zero chance she's in this game. I wish she was obviously but there's no way. She's even newer than Joker and doesn't even have a game on Switch (and her only game is Automata). Sakurai loves the Nier series, sure, but that's hardly a point.
All of this would’ve applied to Joker before his reveal. We honestly don’t know where the Smash DLC is going at this point.

Nier: Automata was a surprise hit, that Square said they’re going to make a franchise in the future. A Switch port is possible IMO.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm just hoping that if she does make it she uses the Virtuous Contract and Beastlord instead of the Virtuous treaty.
I'm a way bigger fan of that weapon, how it ties back to the original nier, its heavy design, and those sick as heck claw marks.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping that if she does make it she uses the Virtuous Contract and Beastlord instead of the Virtuous treaty.
I'm a way bigger fan of that weapon, how it ties back to the original nier, its heavy design, and those sick as heck claw marks.
Beastlord is nostalgic for me.

If she doesn't get it instead of Virtuous treaty, I'd hope they switch the swords around for each palette swap at least, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom