• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
How it could be a hint?
It can't, Mikey Spikey just kind of says things for no reason sometimes.

The only time we've had any potential hint is the dinner Square set up between Sakurai and Yoko Taro and even that's a super maybe.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So I just started playing NieR Automata and have sank a good amount of hours into it. I will point out that up until a couple days ago I was not a fan of 2B. I knew a little bit about her game, her moveset potential, and I played her in Soul Calibur 6. But I did not get why so many people support 2B. In fact, in the past I did give her some **** because I thought that there were plenty of "better" Square Enix characters that Nintendo could pick for this game.

But then a couple days ago I got the opportunity to play the game and......boy was I a fool to underestimate 2B. I fell in love with the game at the end of the prologue as you could call it and I spent a lot of time exploring the world, taking in all the detail and listening to the beautiful music. As for the gameplay, I loved Metal Gear Rising and I enjoyed what I've played of Bayonetta so Platinum Games' titles are up my alley and this is no exception. The combat is fun and the fact that you can switch between loadouts on the fly is great.

This is just a reminder to myself and others to "Not knock it til' you try it." But now I'm here and I can say that I will lend my support. NieR Automata is just all around a beautiful game and while I still have more to learn about 2B and 9S, I can tell I will learn to appreciate these characters more. The music is phenomenal in-game and when listening to it by itself. There is quite a bit of potential for a cool stage and 2B's moveset potential has "cool and unique" written all over it.

Oh yeah, and I got 20+ screenshots taken in-game because the world manages to be awe-inspiring despite not having the most detail or best textures. There is just something that makes post-apocalyptic environments so tranquil despite there being threats spread throughout the map.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well...

With Sephiroth in, it's looking like 2B won't be in this pass. She was one of my most-wanted...but I can't say I'm sad. Sephiroth is one of my favorite villains ever, so it really is like losing to the Olympic gold medalist of cool Squeenix characters.

The new gameplay for Nier Replicant was neat! I miss Nier's ungraceful style but the locations are all so beautiful and Nier himself looks amazing!

I'm thinking we may get a 2B Mii costume down the line. She would look really fun, and that'd be a nice runner-up prize.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I wanted Sephiroth and Geno more, I think 2B would be a cool character. If there's a Fighter's Pass 3 I'll be cheering for you guys.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it's pretty remarkable that Sephiroth spared both Neku and 2B from the Mii/Content slaughter

either one getting into a hypothetical pass 3 would be neato, im more impartial to Neku but 2B would be dope too, NieR music would be amazing

plus the 7 Squares list still has one character MIA: Crono. i doubt he'll be playable, so he'd most likely be mii'd. probably showing up with either 2B or Neku...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's pretty remarkable that Sephiroth spared both Neku and 2B from the Mii/Content slaughter

either one getting into a hypothetical pass 3 would be neato, im more impartial to Neku but 2B would be dope too, NieR music would be amazing

plus the 7 Squares list still has one character MIA: Crono. i doubt he'll be playable, so he'd most likely be mii'd. probably showing up with either 2B or Neku...
Yeah. I think 2B or Crono could be likely if we are getting a Fighter's Pass 3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Keep in mind they're still in danger of the possibility of a Spirit Event.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Keep in mind they're still in danger of the possibility of a Spirit Event.
They seem to mostly focus on recent releases for those though (with the exception of Octopath Traveler) TWEWY FM came out in 2018 (before OT too I imagine) and NieR Automata isn’t even on the Switch yet.

Also, Chrono Trigger currently doesn’t have a switch port planned, but I think it would sooner get a costume than an event

Last edited:

ApathyBeam77

Smash Rookie
Just want to throw my hat in the ring for 2B. For some reason I still think she has a big chance of making it in even though Pyra and Mythra are similar and the "good boys and girls" comment. I guess because Sakurai seems to like Yoko Taro and his games and they've interacted a bit. It's also easy to imagine how she'd play.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This was posted really close to the end, but Felicia Fan (a content creator who makes detailed Smash movelist videos) made a video for how 2B could work in Smash.

The final reveal for Ultimate is tomorrow; we'll see how that goes!

Top Bottom