• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Really don't know why I haven't came here yet, but 2B would be dope as hell, I can only hope DLC will be kind to her, and I'll be honest I haven't played the game, yes I know blasphemy, I do have plans to play nier automata soon though, for anyone wondering why I am here despite what I said I mainly want her based on design alone, that's all, thanks for reading.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Really don't know why I haven't came here yet, but 2B would be dope as hell, I can only hope DLC will be kind to her, and I'll be honest I haven't played the game, yes I know blasphemy, I do have plans to play nier automata soon though, for anyone wondering why I am here despite what I said I mainly want her based on design alone, that's all, thanks for reading.
Oh, yeah, you should definitely try and get a hold of it, it's a great game! :)

Tbh with you though, I mostly like her for her design too. : p

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've done some thinking and I really think that Nier Automata is my new favorite game of all time. Sorry, Majora's Mask.

I'm still not sure if we get a DLC ballot who I'd throw myself behind but 2B is high on the list.

NineS

Smash Lord
I've done some thinking and I really think that Nier Automata is my new favorite game of all time. Sorry, Majora's Mask.

I'm still not sure if we get a DLC ballot who I'd throw myself behind but 2B is high on the list.
If we get a DLC ballot, I'm going to push for 2B. Or anyone from Nier for that matter, but mostly 2B.
There's no way I wouldn't vote for her in the ballot.

sorry skull kid, slime, and don-chan

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If we get a DLC ballot, I'm going to push for 2B. Or anyone from Nier for that matter, but mostly 2B.
There's no way I wouldn't vote for her in the ballot.

sorry skull kid, slime, and don-chan
It's so tough because Travis Touchdown or Phoenix Wright are my frontrunners but I also want someone that has a chance at actually making it, haha. I feel like even if she's not big in Smash speculation specifically she has a silent fanbase pulling for her so I'm ready.

I'll have to really think on it but she and Joker are like my popular-but-super-out-there picks.

NineS

Smash Lord
It's so tough because Travis Touchdown or Phoenix Wright are my frontrunners but I also want someone that has a chance at actually making it, haha. I feel like even if she's not big in Smash speculation specifically she has a silent fanbase pulling for her so I'm ready.

I'll have to really think on it but she and Joker are like my popular-but-super-out-there picks.
Pick whoever you really think you'd want in the most when it really comes down to it.
If it's only two choices you're gonna choose, I'd flip a coin.

I would also tell you to choose 2B, but my word shouldn't be taken when it's coming down to vote for a single character in Smash, considering I have absolute bias towards 2B.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Pick whoever you really think you'd want in the most when it really comes down to it.
If it's only two choices you're gonna choose, I'd flip a coin.

I would also tell you to choose 2B, but my word shouldn't be taken when it's coming down to vote for a single character in Smash, considering I have absolute bias towards 2B.
Listen man, so do I. I'm not as vocal about it but I'm pretty sure I support her and Nier as a whole as much as you do. Haha.

If we have to keep this thread limping along we will do it. Glory to Mankind!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
OH

MY

GOD

I apologise for the double post but I had to bring this up here!

It's not Smash but this is the coolest thing EVER. I don't have this game yet and don't have the money (but I love the series) but this made my decision for me.

Next up, Smash! C'mon Bamco and Squeenix! C'mon!

NineS NineS where you at???

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
OH

MY

GOD

It's not Smash but this is the coolest thing EVER. I don't have this game yet and don't have the money (but I love the series) but this made my decision for me.

Wait a mintue, 2B is in Soulcalibur a BandaiNamco game, BandaiNamco is working on Smash Ultimate, 2B CONFIRMED! jk but maybe someday

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
That's pretty awesome. Soul Calibur VI seems to be a very well-made game. I bought Soul Calibur II many years ago (mainly because of Link) and thoroughly enjoyed it. That said, I wonder if we'll ever get a Soul Calibur game for the Switch. I've always dreamt of a Soul Calibur title with Fire Emblem characters. Now that the Fire Emblem series has gained more popularity, I could see that happening.

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
They are going to make me by this game just to play as 2B
A little sad no A2 costume

NineS

Smash Lord
OH

MY

GOD

HOLY ****. GOD DAMN. BECOME AS GODS. **** SQUARE ENIX!

This. This is good. Extremely good. This shows that Square Enix is pushing for 2B in crossovers, and not just in mobile Gacha games.
Big enough for Square Enix to let Bandai use her in a crossover.

Another thing to note:
Some time after leaking the Square Enix character, Vergeben said he felt 2B was going to be a likely candidate for a guest character in Soul Calibur. Granted, this was just speculation on his end, not a leak. And it's probably not connected to the Square Enix rep leak he talked about at all...
I'm going into my delusional mode right now.

All I can say is that, if this doesn't show how much Square has been pushing for NieR lately, I don't know what else does.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I gotta play this game soon like sometime next week soon, she is actually looking to be fairly likely for DLC imo, the only character in her way could potentially be Sora, that's not say we can't have both though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I gotta play this game soon like sometime next week soon, she is actually looking to be fairly likely for DLC imo, the only character in her way could potentially be Sora, that's not say we can't have both though.
Sora has legal issues that may prevent his inclusion.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
HOLY ****. GOD DAMN. BECOME AS GODS. **** SQUARE ENIX!

This. This is good. Extremely good. This shows that Square Enix is pushing for 2B in crossovers, and not just in mobile Gacha games.
Big enough for Square Enix to let Bandai use her in a crossover.

Another thing to note:
Some time after leaking the Square Enix character, Vergeben said he felt 2B was going to be a likely candidate for a guest character in Soul Calibur. Granted, this was just speculation on his end, not a leak. And it's probably not connected to the Square Enix rep leak he talked about at all...
I'm going into my delusional mode right now.

All I can say is that, if this doesn't show how much Square has been pushing for NieR lately, I don't know what else does.
Yeah. The fact that she, of all characters, made it into Soul Calibur VI is a sign that SE is interested in putting her in crossovers. With Sora and a DE rep having legal issues that may prevent their inclusion, she is now one of the likeliest new SE reps.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah. The fact that she, of all characters, made it into Soul Calibur VI is a sign that SE is interested in putting her in crossovers. With Sora and a DE rep having legal issues that may prevent their inclusion, she is now one of the likeliest new SE reps.
I thought she was just a pipe dream...an impossibility...but especially if there's a DLC ballot this could legit happen... Oh my god.

NineS

Smash Lord
I thought she was just a pipe dream...an impossibility...but especially if there's a DLC ballot this could legit happen... Oh my god.
Square Enix has been pushing for NieR, Sakurai himself has said to liked NieR: Automata and seems to like Yoko Taro enough for him to be one of the few people he follows on twitter...

Well, that and a bunch of other stuff I've repeated so many times before.

All I'm saying is, she's definitely not an impossible pipe dream character, and definitely likely for DLC in terms of Square Reps.
She's realistic, maybe not for base game, and maybe not over 50% in terms of likeliness, but I'm a firm believer she'll be in the game as at least DLC at some point.

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy guy on the internet who looks too deeply into this stuff and never knows when to shut up.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
OH

MY

GOD

Oh, that's ruddy brilliant! **** yeah!

Just hope she climbs further up the food chain, to the realms of Smash! :D

NineS

Smash Lord
You know, it'd be pretty weird if what happened with Soul Calibur (Okubo, the Producer of Soulcalibur 6 being a follower of Yoko Taro on twitter for a while before 2B was revealed as technical DLC.) happens with Smash (Sakurai, being a follower of Yoko Taro as well), and 2B is revealed as DLC or a character some time in the future.

Granted, this is conspiracy theory levels of speculation.
I could also see what Square Enix did with Soulcalibur as a way of getting 2B a bit more known to the public, and probably garner some more fans of NieR. They consider her profitable enough to be included as DLC for Soulcalibur, if that means anything.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Square Enix has been pushing for NieR, Sakurai himself has said to liked NieR: Automata and seems to like Yoko Taro enough for him to be one of the few people he follows on twitter...

Well, that and a bunch of other stuff I've repeated so many times before.

All I'm saying is, she's definitely not an impossible pipe dream character, and definitely likely for DLC in terms of Square Reps.
She's realistic, maybe not for base game, and maybe not over 50% in terms of likeliness, but I'm a firm believer she'll be in the game as at least DLC at some point.

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy guy on the internet who looks too deeply into this stuff and never knows when to shut up.
I wish I could have your optimism, but NieR: Automata (and 2B herself) isn't even on a Nintendo console yet.

2B is part of my three-way tie for most-wanted, but she's definitely the one who would have me freaking out the most if she actually was revealed for Smash.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could have your optimism, but NieR: Automata (and 2B herself) isn't even on a Nintendo console yet.

2B is part of my three-way tie for most-wanted, but she's definitely the one who would have me freaking out the most if she actually was revealed for Smash.
Cloud wasn't on a Nintendo console until Smash Bros, granted final fantasy has been, but still, I don't think it matters too much imo.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Cloud wasn't on a Nintendo console until Smash Bros, granted final fantasy has been, but still, I don't think it matters too much imo.
He was, actually, in a Kingdom Hearts game, I believe.

I'm not saying it kills her chances completely, but it certainly isn't helping.

NineS

Smash Lord
He was, actually, in a Kingdom Hearts game, I believe.

I'm not saying it kills her chances completely, but it certainly isn't helping.
2B has been on a Nintendo console, hasn't she?
Granted, as said before, it's not through a Square Enix game like Cloud.

Phantasy Star Online 2, right?
If not, then that definitely kills her chances. For the most part, anyway.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Happy Halloween to everyone!
Whether or not 2B gets in, and I hope she gets in,

It's important that you all remember to wear your mandatory Emil masks!

Remember! Every day's a sale. And, more importantly, every day's a win.

when you're me.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Happy Halloween to everyone!
Whether or not 2B gets in, and I hope she gets in,

It's important that you all remember to wear your mandatory Emil masks!

Remember! Every day's a sale. And, more importantly, every day's a win.

when you're me.
Thanks, friendo!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
There doesn't seem 2B a supporter list, but I support NieR: Automata content in Smash anyway. The game is 100% a masterpiece that deserves to be talked about in the same breath as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4 / 6 / 7, Dragon Quest 3, and Square Enix's other masterpieces.

I can't say I'm hopeful for the base game (I see Geno, a Dragon Quest character, or both (maaaaaybe Crono) for that), but if Sakurai decided to add more third-party characters post-release, I sincerely hope and will actively push for stuff from NieR: Automata.

While I'd love to see a 9S echo of 2B, unfortunately the former can't dual wield like the latter so A2 will have to do.

And to be frank, I'd rather just see NieR: Automata on Switch before 2B in Smash. Getting a character in a Nintendo crossover won't have the same appeal unless her game is available on it too (see why so many people were so weirdly butthurt about Cloud being in Smash. At least we're FINALLY getting an FF7 port later on Switch, which is surreal all on its own).

While I don't plan on playing Soulcalibur VI, that game series is extremely important and it's amazing that 2B ended up in that game. Here's hoping it leads to further NieR recognition and hopefully further drive the game's "all-time classic" status into everyone's heads. And hopefully Sakurai's love of it helps in some way.

NineS

Smash Lord
Just wanted to drop this here.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...andai-namco-releases-new-screenshots-android/

It's insane to me how much trouble Square enix went through keeping her leaked. It really shows that they might go even further than Sakurai has to prevent leaks. Might explain why the Square rep is someone so many are still unsure about.

Makes me wishful, seeing as the higher ups in this game liked her too... But this is no evidence towards her inclusion.

Still, I'd like to see history repeat itself. I have hope that it does. But I don't expect it to.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Given Platinum Games' relationship with Nintendo, Square Enix's willingness to allow at least one playable rep in Smash, 2B's popularity and recent inclusion in Soul Calibur (i.e. she has a lot of crossover potential), I think that she would do very well on a popularity poll. A lot of parties involved would benefit from her exposure.

In any case, I support. She'd be one of the best Square Enix reps, IMO. No need to compliment Nier Automata, I'd be preaching to the choir lol. The music is top-notch though. Anyone ever heard the Dynamic City Ruins Rays of Light/Shade themes combined? When they're played simultaneously, it sounds really good. There's no way that wasn't intentional. But I digress. 2B and Bayonetta in the same game would be awesome, IMO, and only Smash could make that happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Activates that fat rump, delicious...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
With 2B in SC6 its only a matter of time till her booty reaches smash. But here is the prime question: Will her booty be nerfed like ZSS and Snakes?

Honestly though I see this as a possibility, due to Platinum Games close ties to Nintendo, and would be a good second rep to join from the company. I don't see her coming till DLC though

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
wait, 2B can dual-wield?!

With 2B in SC6 its only a matter of time till her booty reaches smash. But here is the prime question: Will her booty be nerfed like ZSS and Snakes?
nah fam they'll hopefully probably just pull a Bayonetta and cover up the cleavage whilst keeping the proportions roughly the same.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
2B has light and heavy attacks. She can assign a different weapon to each attack, and you can even decide if you'll use a particular weapon in a light or heavy way or not. For example, the starting sword is for light attacks by default but you can assign it to the heavy attack button and 2B will use that sword differently.

A2 is the only other playable character that dual wields for this reason. 9S doesn't have heavy attacks, they have something arguably MUCH better.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
2B would be sick as hell in Smash.

Would be nice to see her even as just a trophy as a way to celebrate gaming history.

But man... 2B would be soooooooooo sickkkkkkkkk to play as in Smash.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If we get a Nier Automata stage, I hope a moose/boar is a stage hazard that players can briefly mount if they slowly walk towards it. Once mounted, if it hits an opponent, the animal will deal massive amounts of damage. However, if the moose/boar is hit (or if players don't approach it with caution), it will attack anything in its vicinity or it will run away.

Ideally, the animal will be a rare occurrence. I think it would be a unique stage gimmick that's true to the series. I mean, the animals are technically some of the strongest beings in the game since they basically level up when you do lol. I can imagine mind games involved around baiting players to mount the animals, and then attacking the animals when they're close to them and stuff.

NineS

Smash Lord
If we get a Nier Automata stage, I hope a moose/boar is a stage hazard that players can briefly mount if they slowly walk towards it. Once mounted, if it hits an opponent, the animal will deal massive amounts of damage. However, if the moose/boar is hit (or if players don't approach it with caution), it will attack anything in its vicinity or it will run away.

Ideally, the animal will be a rare occurrence. I think it would be a unique stage gimmick that's true to the series. I mean, the animals are technically some of the strongest beings in the game since they basically level up when you do lol. I can imagine mind games involved around baiting players to mount the animals, and then attacking the animals when they're close to them and stuff.
If 2B does get in Smash,
And NieR does get said stage...
And 9S isn't an assist trophy, alt, echo, etc.

tumblr_ot7d9wvjp31utmb4zo1_1280   1.png

How about a boar-riding 9S for a stage hazard?

Top Bottom