• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20YY: The Falco Movement

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
The year is 20YY. Falco has reached a new level, his meta has skyrocketed and his true potential has been unlocked.
  • What is it?
    • 20YY is a movement to revolutionize Falco meta and unblock Falco's difficulties. This will take a long time, and a lot of effort, but it will open up the future of our beloved bird. We're forging the path to the top tier, and we're not stopping until we do.

• How?
    • By using all resources available, including help from high-level players, frame data, and TAS, we will do what we must.

• When do we start?
    • As soon we can get everything organized and ready. Hopefully within this year.
      • When will we finish?
        • Who knows? This year, next year, 2020? We'll know when the time comes.

• How can you get involved?
    • Simply add me on Skype (beywars). I'll add you to the group and we can get to work on discussing and decide which areas to work on first. There's also a discord server available here.

• Is this serious?
    • Yes, nothing but work from here on out. We don't want Circlejerks, memes, or ****posts, we want action.

• Why?
    • We're a dedicated group of Falco mains, who have nothing but love and admiration for this bird, we want to see Falco reach his true potential in the Melee Meta.

• Questions? Complaints? Doubts? Comments? Respond below with your opinion, let your voice be heard.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I don't know enough about Falco to contribute myself, but if I encounter any good Falcos at tourney who are interested in improving the character as a whole, I'll refer them to you

CyroX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-4658-2121
I love this idea, eve though I'm still a huge nub at Melee.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
you know what since there's a whole movement and everything ill share one of the things i just figured out yesterday and i haven't seen anyone ever do it. Since falcos full jump leads to a no impact land on the top platform you can full jump shoot laser fall through laser extremely quickly and repeat. It looks like it has some practical application to the meta but i may be mistaken.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
So are all discoveries gonna be posted on the boards, or should any/all falco mains join the chat?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I'm working that out with Saiblade. As it stands, we're working on a Google Doc to house all Falco-related discoveries. Let me paste in the "How can you help?" section.

How can you help?

Simple. mess around with Falco. Don’t necessarily stick to what people tell you does and doesn’t work. If you think it would be funny to see if something would work, try it out. If you have a swaggy combo (cuz you know that’s what every Falco main loves), look at it. Basically, if there’s something you want to see Falco capable of doing, test it out. However, we generally don’t accept a “HEY GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING!” You’ve gotta film practice sessions in which you look at whatever new tech/combo/whatever it was you came up with. We’ll be sure to thoroughly test everything and determine whether or not it’s actually legit.

I'll consult with Saiblade a bit on this front re: how people can help out on Smashboards. There very well may be a "20YY discovery thread" posted that we keep updated and where people can share their discoveries with us to test out.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
So are all discoveries gonna be posted on the boards, or should any/all falco mains join the chat?
All Falco mains should definitely join if they want to help. If you just want updates, you'll see them.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Can I just ask why it's necessary to have a skype group rather than just lab on the forums as has been done in the past? I personally hate being a part of large skype groups, the message history is really badly behaved and scrolling back through the conversation is arduous.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Just guessing here, but partially because the Falco boards are, in all honesty, not too active. Also, when we've got a Skype group, we can do a call to actually take an in-depth look at stuff like Sai's combos on fast fallers he hasn't bothered to film yet.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Can I just ask why it's necessary to have a skype group rather than just lab on the forums as has been done in the past? I personally hate being a part of large skype groups, the message history is really badly behaved and scrolling back through the conversation is arduous.
We have calls that we stream, its a lot easier to lab together using skype. We enforce the skype chat rules most of the time, so its not really a problem.

Acorn

Smash Cadet
I will definitely be keeping my eye on this. Gonna add skype thing later too.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Why do we want Falco at top tier? He is top tier, but I get you mean the best in the game. But why care about what the tier list says?

Last edited:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Why do we want Falco at top tier? He is top tier, but I get you mean the best in the game. But why care about what the tier list says?
Just because we all know it to be true doesn't mean the world does. We've gotta prove that Falco's better than his Fox, both as a pilot and a fighter.

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Okay. Personally I think there should be a Jiggs movement... Let me go look that up :p

Last edited:

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
I wish there was an unlike instead of a like. :p

Top Bottom